Jun 7, 2021 7:20 AM
Mar 2021
Because he's the mc
Jun 7, 2021 7:51 AM
Feb 2021
because he’s the MC duh
Jun 7, 2021 7:52 AM
Jan 2021
because we've been following the show with Light as the mc the entire time. imo it's hard not to when you spend the most time with him out of anyone else in the show (plus it's fun to watch the villain)
Jun 7, 2021 8:03 AM

Jun 2021
_Fishy_ said:
because we've been following the show with Light as the mc the entire time. imo it's hard not to when you spend the most time with him out of anyone else in the show (plus it's fun to watch the villain)

I'm not talking about the character but about people who think what he doing was morally true and justified.
Jun 7, 2021 8:06 AM
Jan 2021
_GinpachiSensei_ said:
_Fishy_ said:

I'm not talking about the character but about people who think what he doing was morally true and justified.

Oh no, they're lowkey crazy. I get what you mean now. It's one thing to root for a character in a tv show but it's another to root for him as if he were a real person doing this.
Jun 7, 2021 8:15 AM
Feb 2021
Because he's the protagonist??
Jun 7, 2021 8:33 AM
May 2021
I mean he’s the main character, it’s kinda hard to vote for someone who has less screen time than another character even if I know what Kira was doing is wrong
Jun 7, 2021 8:52 AM
Apr 2021
Light was strait up an authoritarian. Towards the end of the series he even wanted to kill lazy people. Also he didn’t kill them people like Jim John un or xi king ping. He was fine with people committing murder so long as they were in government.
Jun 7, 2021 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
Because the world is rotten and those who are making it rot deserve to die
lol
Jun 7, 2021 9:15 AM
Jan 2021
I love Light but i've never rooted for him his actions were clearly wrong and he got what he deserved. most people probably root for him because he's the protagonist and generally people tends to root for the protagonist
Jun 7, 2021 9:44 AM
Dec 2019
What do you mean? He's literally the main character. The show is written for the audience to root for him. Same with shows like Breaking Bad for example. We know he's a bad guy, but we root for him anyway.
Jun 7, 2021 9:51 AM
Apr 2021
You’re always in the mind of light so because you always know what he’s thinking you’re always understanding his actions so it’s hard to not want him to succeed also while his plan is very narrow minded because not every one convicted did the crime but his plan is proven to lower the crime rate after he’s murdered criminals
Jun 7, 2021 10:30 AM
May 2021
Cuze i wanna see ppl die
MY OPINION IS OBJECTIVELY CORRECT
Jun 7, 2021 10:38 AM
Jul 2020
DrPirahna said:
I root for Kira.Light said in first episode that he is willing to throw his humanity in order to make his plan work.What we saw in this show is him throwing his humanity and using his brain to become a “God of a new world”.Crime dropped drastically and people were afraid of him.World is a better place and only thing he did was throwing his morals.Heroic in wierd and generic way if you ask me.Innocent people died but that is more real then classical shounen where character turns villains good and makes everybody in his friend...

Bruhhh. Put a space after your full stops.
Jun 7, 2021 10:39 AM
Jul 2020
Idk. I felt like I want the bad guy to win for once. And maybe. Ending crime once and for all with force is better then it being a problem forever
Jun 7, 2021 10:49 AM
Aug 2019
Prolly the more ego centric folks prefer to root for Kira. Like the kind of person that feels deep down that if they had the reigns they could make the world a better place. Or maybe people who’ve been victims of heinous crimes or something; they’re likely to have a more vengeful attitude toward criminals than most.
Jun 7, 2021 11:36 AM

Dec 2019
because he kills bad people, simple
Jun 7, 2021 11:36 AM
Jan 2021
I just rooted for him sense it was an anime obviously in real life its a different story
Jun 7, 2021 11:38 AM
Jan 2021
Idk. I certainly wasn't and I think most people are with me on that. It explains why L has almost double the amount of favorites as Light does.
Jun 7, 2021 11:39 AM

Nov 2020
Because in theory, his goal is very noble. He wants to help the good natured people by punishing the wrongdoers. That's a beautiful dream, and I truly believed Light could make that happen. Even when he was showing psychopathic tendencies, I would not lose hope. Death Note's ending was quite emotional to me
Jun 7, 2021 12:26 PM
Mar 2021
I root for Kira because he was actually saving much more people than he killed. The story says that crime rates went down dramatically. ... He kills policeman that are after him, but if they caught him, the crime rates would rise again and much more people would suffer and die.
One Piece Gintama Jojos Bizzare Adventure Are My Favorite Anime
Jun 7, 2021 12:55 PM
May 2021
people root for kira because they form an attachment to Lights character early on, they want to see him succeed after all the work he’s put him
Jun 7, 2021 12:56 PM
May 2021
people root for kira because they form an attachment to Lights character early on, they want to see him succeed after all the work he’s put in
Jun 7, 2021 12:59 PM

Oct 2015
They are probably edgelords
Jun 7, 2021 1:04 PM

Jul 2020
Those people are either crazy or never understood the depth of the show or just likes any badass edgy characters without understand the personality.
DrPirahna said:
Scordolo said:

You clearly weren't paying attention in the second half.
Oh I mean I rooted for him in L arc.N arc was weird and he lost his ways cause he couldn’t carry a burden he made for himself.

It's not because "he couldn’t carry a burden he made for himself."It's because he got super crazy and just completely lost his purpose and is now killing to survive rather than actually "saving the world"

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 7, 2021 1:40 PM

Aug 2020
People like psychopaths for some reason and another reason almost half of the fan base roots for Kira is cuz he's the main character and a lot of people for some reason think that being main character means being the best character of the show and will root for them no matter what
Jun 7, 2021 2:48 PM
Apr 2021
dude is fucking crazy but its fun to root for villains sometimes. i dont think i’d say i was rooting for him but it was fun to see how both he and L reacted
Jun 7, 2021 4:00 PM
Jun 2021
Scordolo said:
Those people are either crazy or never understood the depth of the show or just likes any badass edgy characters without understand the personality.
DrPirahna said:
Oh I mean I rooted for him in L arc.N arc was weird and he lost his ways cause he couldn’t carry a burden he made for himself.

It's not because "he couldn’t carry a burden he made for himself."It's because he got super crazy and just completely lost his purpose and is now killing to survive rather than actually "saving the world"
Scordolo said:
DrPirahna said:

Scordolo said:
DrPirahna said:

yeah he went crazy because he didn’t realise he was just a human and that he can suffer consequences
Jun 7, 2021 6:02 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
I rooted for Kira because he was actually saving much more people than he killed. The anime says that crime rates went down dramatically and they did! He kills policeman that are after him, and if they caught him, the crime rates would just rise again and many more people would suffer and die. I honestly think he was just insanse and his laugh is legendary! Just the cold, calm nature he keeps throughout the show and how he constantly outplays everyone until the very end was brilliant. I don’t know why more people weren’t rooting for him in my opinion. If you didn’t root for light and rooted for Lelouch then something is wrong w you lol. One of my top favorite characters of all time.
Jun 7, 2021 7:57 PM
Dec 2020
I supported Kira, not because I'm edgy or want to kill everyone. I supported him because he was different, This my sound super cringy but I was really getting fed up with the naruto-type MCs, the ones who are always good and shit. Then comes along Kira, a psychopath. I always liked these kinds of characters like Lelouch and post-torture kaneki.

Why do only the good people have to win?
discontinueJun 7, 2021 8:03 PM
Jun 7, 2021 8:00 PM
Jan 2021
i root for both Kira and L but the fact that they made Kira look THAT bad because the “good side” always wins just ain’t cool, i mean Kira wouldn’t be that dumb to not know what’s gonna happen at the end

But as u all know most of the stories the “good people” always win so they just had to make him look bad, kinda makes it unfair 😕

i think some people root for him because he’s actually making the world a better place but in a more cruel way and if Kira and L weren’t “enemies” they could’ve been an iconic pair
Jun 7, 2021 8:14 PM
Mar 2021
Why root for Lalouch in Code Geass at the end of the second season

Because they’re the MC

Though that isn’t the best comparison
Jun 7, 2021 8:15 PM

Dec 2020
because i am an edgelord
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 7, 2021 8:46 PM
Apr 2021
More people support him out of fear or just like to jump on the bandwagon. This is shown with Nears commentary on the Kira rioters and how easily he was able to get past them by showing how greedy and careless they are. Because he's so damn cool. I like kira
Jun 7, 2021 8:47 PM
Apr 2021
More people support him out of fear or just like to jump on the bandwagon. This is shown with Nears commentary on the Kira rioters and how easily he was able to get past them by showing how greedy and careless they are. Because he's so damn cool. I like kira
Jun 7, 2021 8:50 PM
May 2021
After reading everyone quotes , I think after L arc it was never kira or light yagami, he is just a mad villain who kills everyone who got in his path. In N arc I think he was so different he was so egoistic and overconfident and consider everyone inferior to him and writer just wrote him as mad villain and showed his villanous side. I rooted for light in l arc but in N arc I can't choose a side as he was no more either kira or light. Writer will not make any human literally the God of the world . I always have guessed that he will die in the end of the show.
Jun 7, 2021 9:30 PM
May 2021
it’s not that i rooted for kira but the show was all about L and Light outsmarting eachother so it would be boring for kira to get caught straight away so i rooted for him to get away so it would create a better detective aspect from L
Jun 7, 2021 10:31 PM

Jul 2020
_GinpachiSensei_ said:
You might be a psychopath or something if you root for Kira because of his actions. What are your views about it?
lol at you for thinking that you can label people as psychopaths just because they like some fictional character. As for why people root for light, the same reason as to why people root for anonymous.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2021 10:32 PM
Feb 2015
we don’t like him cause he’s good, we like him cause he’s bad hahaha
Jun 7, 2021 10:39 PM

Sep 2020
It is because Near is fucking annoying

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Jun 7, 2021 10:43 PM

Jun 2020
because he's trying to make world a better place
Jun 7, 2021 11:28 PM
Apr 2021
1st off, People who like kira do not necessary like light yagami. That's an important fact.

2nd, most people who support kira, support the death penalty in real life, like me, so kira does what our governments refuse to do.

Kira kills criminals and the world saw peace. Governments stopped warring. Criminals hid like the crockraches they are. Even the lazy population decreased. Why would anyone hate kira? The cops literally fought kira to save scumbags from dying. How is that right? We civilians suffer from criminals daily and finally someone comes and takes out the trash and is demonized by the police.

Yes light was a womanizing asshole himself with a god complex. But his goal as kira, to rid the world of crime. So I say long live kira
Jun 7, 2021 11:37 PM
Dec 2020
Cause all the characters apart from L were rly boring
Jun 7, 2021 11:40 PM

Jun 2021
kalebsmoker said:
1st off, People who like kira do not necessary like light yagami. That's an important fact.

2nd, most people who support kira, support the death penalty in real life, like me, so kira does what our governments refuse to do.

Kira kills criminals and the world saw peace. Governments stopped warring. Criminals hid like the crockraches they are. Even the lazy population decreased. Why would anyone hate kira? The cops literally fought kira to save scumbags from dying. How is that right? We civilians suffer from criminals daily and finally someone comes and takes out the trash and is demonized by the police.

Yes light was a womanizing asshole himself with a god complex. But his goal as kira, to rid the world of crime. So I say long live kira

The death penalty never lowers the crimes. Look at real-life examples, countries with death penalties do not have lower crime rates or murder rates than states without such laws. He never got rid of world crime, he only killed people who commit violent crimes, what about other millions of crimes that happen every day? His actions were not correct imo
Jun 7, 2021 11:56 PM

May 2021
Because Kira is Justice! He can take a potato chip and eaaattt it

In all honesty, just because a character is morally wrong doesn't mean you can't like them or enjoy watching them in fiction. I like light because he is entertaining to watch and a breath of fresh air from the goody-good protagonists. His morals have nothing to do with it. Just because I like him doesn't mean that I agree with his ideals. Just know that this is fiction and also that the world isn't black and white.

Besides, there are plenty of characters in anime who kill but are still well liked because they have distinctive traits that make them stand out. Take the Phantom troupe + Hisoka from Hxh or the Akatsuki from Naruto as examples. They are well liked but they are still "evil" characters.

Also, apparently, liking these type of characters grants you the title of "edge lord." I couldn't care less about their morals, ideologies, and beliefs ffs. Nor will I ever act like them in real life.
Jun 8, 2021 2:36 AM
Oct 2019
It’s all fiction. I’ve rooted for worse characters before.
Jun 8, 2021 2:37 AM
Oct 2019
ItsMuZe said:
Because Kira is Justice! He can take a potato chip and eaaattt it

In all honesty, just because a character is morally wrong doesn't mean you can't like them or enjoy watching them in fiction. I like light because he is entertaining to watch and a breath of fresh air from the goody-good protagonists. His morals have nothing to do with it. Just because I like him doesn't mean that I agree with his ideals. Just know that this is fiction and also that the world isn't black and white.

Besides, there are plenty of characters in anime who kill but are still well liked because they have distinctive traits that make them stand out. Take the Phantom troupe + Hisoka from Hxh or the Akatsuki from Naruto as examples. They are well liked but they are still "evil" characters.

Also, apparently, liking these type of characters grants you the title of "edge lord." I couldn't care less about their morals, ideologies, and beliefs ffs. Nor will I ever act like them in real life.

Basically this. This is what I wanted to say but lack the effort to. (Also, Hisoka is bae.)
Jun 8, 2021 3:23 AM

Sep 2020
I love him as a character but started to dislike his actions from episode 7
Jun 8, 2021 3:28 AM

Aug 2010
He was just far more interesting than L was, both with his scheming and looks. If I had to root for someone, it would be Mello but we know how that ended so... Light. L was just boring (anime one, I enjoyed dorama one equally with Light).
Jun 8, 2021 3:35 AM

Feb 2020
i mean people root for real person like hitler mao or stalin.....so kira is still just a fictional character.
hell, there are even people who root for real terrorists.....u are too naive... dont know the real world yet
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone find the post time-skip story kind of...bad?

VanVeleca - May 24

32 by BenUnderscore »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » How many of you got foot fetish after watching this?

VanVeleca - May 24

32 by DaoistFR »»
Yesterday, 7:02 PM

» Light's "innocent" voice is so fucking funny

VanVeleca - May 22

37 by LightBeast13 »»
May 22, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

919 by cchung9 »»
May 20, 11:13 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

396 by rahneyskies »»
May 20, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.