Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 24, 2021 11:55 AM
May 2019
Exciting development that Tokoyami can fly! I've always thought he and Dark Shadow were so cool, but they were too limited. Now that he can fly using Dark Shadow, i think Tokoyami should be leveling up real fast this season.
Apr 24, 2021 11:59 AM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
It's really cool to see Class B's quirks, and I love to see that Tokoyami can fly now. Also, I think the mushroom quirk might be interesting...
Apr 24, 2021 12:00 PM
May 2019
Blue_Maroon said:
It was nice to see Tokoyami get a power-up that lets him fly, although I wish that it looked cooler. I think these fights are taking too long to complete. I wouldn’t call them great to begin with and they don’t carry the same level of strategy as World Trigger’s battles to warrant how long they take.

I agree, I think the flying ability could look cooler, or the actual power itself could be cooler. For example, Dark Shadow wraps its arms around Tokoyami (which looks a bit lame), but as Dark Shadow is an actual shadow while Tokoyami is something like a shadow user, it would have been more "hardcore" if Dark Shadow could have merged with Tokoyami and that's how he could develop a flying ability!

Also, yes, I can already tell how this fighting arc is going to take way too long. Deku already being the 5TH battle is a bummer. Hopefully, another League of Villains invasion (while admittedly repetitive) will cut this training short LOL
Apr 24, 2021 12:25 PM

Mar 2017
Damn, Tokoyami was so badass this episode with his new move. As Deku said; it's such a simple yet effective technique and it really changes the way Tokoyami can participate in a fight from now on.

It's really pissing me off how everyone keeps hating on BNHA now... if you don't like it, stop watching it. I really don't understand what people want from this anime
Apr 24, 2021 12:33 PM

Jul 2019
Tokoyami p0wer up. Cool, I guess.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 24, 2021 12:35 PM

Mar 2018
ScottMerica said:
Florent3571 said:
Nah for real I was never expecting this episode to be this good. They are really improving Joint Training exponentially and that's mostly thanks to the awesome directing and animation.

Crazy to think that S4 was just a misstep, I still don't think JT is an a great arc but the anime is making way more enjoyable than fucking Overaul which is straight up hilarious.

Have to agree there, guess that second movie put a dent in Season 4's production as it's pretty surprising how well animated and engaging this season is so far despite the simple material. For me with S4 though it was less the animation (which was honestly pretty good for the most part save for some glaring examples) and more the editing/pacing, since it felt very stop and go. Like as soon as the action would get going, the pacing would grind to a halt for a 5 minute flashback. There's a way to integrate downtime and flashbacks without interrupting the flow of a story, but for whatever reason those in charge of last season didn't know how to do that too well.

So actually from what I've heard the movie is in fact barely responsible for S4's downgrade unlike we all initially thought. Basically the movies and the TV shows are made by two completly separate teams, which means that even if there was no movie, the animators working on it would've worked on an entirely different project.
The movie did steal SOME staff from the TV series (like S1-3 director and 1 or 2 animation directors), but its impact is actually really minimal.
And the positive twist about that is that if the Endeavor vs High End fight was as good as it was, it mostly was thanks to some animators present at Bones for working on the movie that gave a hand for S4's last episode, so it's actually a win in the end.

S4 mostly suffered from missmanagement of ressources and some really jarring directorial choices (like, you're assigning two random giants fighting to one of the most reknown animators of all time and absolutly no animation at all for Lemillion's fight ? wth) and while it did managed to give some wonderful episodes, most of the season was really forgettable.
Apr 24, 2021 1:05 PM

Oct 2020
This went amazing! This time Tokoyami. He was way cooler than before. And also Kuroiro, as creepy as amazing. This was like Kirishima and Tetsutetsu. But I still think the real fight hasn't began yet. It looks like Itsuka and Momo are perfect match. The fight is going to be enjoyable.

Still I am having a feeling that Katsuki will do something amazing and also very funny. Though I am looking forward to Mr. Perfect here, Iida.
Apr 24, 2021 1:20 PM

Jul 2020
This was an alright episode.

I liked the development of Tokoyami in this episode, it's been something that I've been wanting for a while. I was really hoping for Manga action, but I'll have to wait til the next episode
Apr 24, 2021 1:35 PM

Apr 2017
New best girl, mushroom girl.
cunnysseur
Apr 24, 2021 1:57 PM
Nov 2019
Great episode, we get to see Tokoyami get some time to shine. Definitely wasn't expecting them to go as hard on the animation as they did. Shorter recap than the previous episodes also helped a bit, more time to the actual episode.
Apr 24, 2021 1:58 PM
Jan 2010
lol at this black guy who's only purpose in life is to be in this fight against the shadow bird guy
Apr 24, 2021 2:07 PM

Sep 2018
I actually really like this arc because some great characters are finally getting the screen time they deserve, especially the class 1-b students. Also fun to see tokoyami in action again.
Apr 24, 2021 2:11 PM
Jun 2015
God this arc sucks ass. Slow and boring af. 😴
Apr 24, 2021 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
Incredible episode full of good fights, it's animation was great.
Apr 24, 2021 4:35 PM
Sep 2012
Translating that B class guy Quirk as "Dark", even though you can clearly hear an english word "Black".

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
DeadlyRavenMay 14, 2021 12:41 PM
Apr 24, 2021 4:43 PM

Dec 2016
For a moment I thought Bakugou would tell cheerful Kaminari to shut up XD

Tokoyami was awesome with his new move :O I like it! Now he looks more like a bird >w>

Great episode! I am curious how this'll go :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 24, 2021 5:39 PM
Nov 2016
It was a pretty enjoyable episode, the other team needs to shine for a bit too.
Apr 24, 2021 5:45 PM

Dec 2020
takoyami could've done that fly thing ages ago if he actually think and tried. hawks didnt even need to tell him, anyone could've gone "hey can you fly?" and if he actually thought abt it maybe he could. also does mushroom girl only grow mushrooms?? bc if the mushroom doesn't do anything thats kinda wack ngl not rly impressed by this episode, they're gonna keep at this for half of the season? i guess its nice to get to know their powers but eh im just not to interested in it ig
Apr 24, 2021 5:51 PM

Nov 2014
BEST GIRL IS HEEEEEEEERE!!!!

H_kun said:
Can anyone tell me if each team battle is gonna be long like these 2?If it is I think I'm gonna let the episodes pile up a bit.
yes

Seitaro11 said:
Translating that B class guy Quirk as "Dark", even though you can clearly hear an english word "Black". Sounds like the translation was made by some salty blm member

this is why:
Farmaceut said:
yellowheartren said:
Can someone please tell me why on earth Kuroiro's BLACK and VANTABLACK were transformed into DARK and VANTADARK??? (Latter doesn't even make sense.) Pointless changes are pointless.

Nope, not just you.

The word Vantablack is trademarked by the company that created it, so they changed it for legal reasons.
ttcchenApr 24, 2021 5:54 PM
Apr 24, 2021 7:32 PM
May 2020
Class 1-A has a surprisingly well balanced team. All of them have quirks that can compliment each other in a raid pursuit and capture mission. Invisibility, two light types, one dark type, two ranged fighters, a complete power house who can fly, and someone who can create anything.
Apr 24, 2021 7:32 PM

Jul 2013
Nice to see everyone from the first match reflecting on their mistakes. Especially Shinso is very critical about himself, but damn it took Aizawa 6 years to master the binding cloth? That's crazy.

I liked the fact that we got a little bit more focus on Tokoyami and his internship with Hawks. And ngl Dark Fallen Angel is pretty sick. This puts Tokoyami on a complete different level of possibilities for the future.

Also interesting to see more of the class 1-B quirks in generel. Kuroiro was definitely very annoying in this episode. But what's up with these mushrooms? Can't wait to find out next week.

Apr 24, 2021 7:50 PM

Jul 2016
Chuuni vs. Chuuni battle this week. Not gonna lie tho, Tokoyami's "new technique" didn't look all that impressive to me. Did he seriously need Hawks's help to figure out he could use Dark Shadow to fly?

Also, please tell me that mushroom girl can create hallucinogenic ones as well.
Apr 24, 2021 9:05 PM
Jul 2019
I hope this arc won't drag. It hasn't been terrible so far by any means, I actually quite enjoyed the last episode and this one was Ok,but I'm worried its basic considering it's just another training arc you know.
Apr 24, 2021 9:08 PM

Oct 2008
oh god! Deku blabbering about Tokoyami's flying ability is so damn annoying!
3/5.

Apr 24, 2021 9:22 PM

Feb 2021
wow tokoyami can fly now
Apr 24, 2021 9:29 PM
Apr 2021
I watched half of ep 5 but is it just me I found it boring. Ehh.. probs just me but I’ve watched 4 seasons! I’m not stopping now!! So..
Apr 25, 2021 12:42 AM
Jul 2018
watching this just feels like watching bootleg rank battles from world trigger
Apr 25, 2021 2:33 AM
Jun 2019
Hawks is so badass man I love him. Seeing takoyomi fly and use dark shadow in a new way was cool too.
Apr 25, 2021 3:53 AM
Nov 2019
matias067 said:
3/5.

I've started to find deku's voice annoying in general. Does anyone else feel same?
Apr 25, 2021 4:12 AM
Mar 2021
KillmongerX2 said:
matias067 said:
3/5.

I've started to find deku's voice annoying in general. Does anyone else feel same?

Nah, compared to putting up with Asta’s voice from Black Clover for quite a few episodes, Deku’s voice sounds like music to my ears.
Apr 25, 2021 7:00 AM
Oct 2019
Wow you mean Tokoyami never thought how to fly with Dark Shadow before?
You literally have a Bird Head.
Lmao
I'm sorry, it just silly to me, it needed Hawks to told him about that.

Okay looks like we gonna have 2 Episodes per match, so it means this training arc will end in Episode 12 (First Cour).

el3mel said:
I hope this arc won't drag. It hasn't been terrible so far by any means, I actually quite enjoyed the last episode and this one was Ok,but I'm worried its basic considering it's just another training arc you know.

They are in Hero School, of course there is training...
Lmao what else did you expect from Hero Anime?

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMay 14, 2021 12:39 PM
Apr 25, 2021 7:11 AM
Jul 2019
davidyodo24 said:
el3mel said:

I expect it to not drag especially since the previous arc was a f**king filler about a festival.
Apr 25, 2021 7:13 AM
Oct 2019
el3mel said:
davidyodo24 said:

I expect it to not drag especially since the previous arc was a f**king filler about a festival.

Educate yourself before using the word "Filler"
Apr 25, 2021 7:13 AM

May 2012
mushroom girl is new character ?! I never saw her before if I remember correctly

I'm not able to keep attention cause this anime is becoming boring. I feel like watching some filler arc. I don't care about side characters fighting another side characters
Apr 25, 2021 7:16 AM
Sep 2017
el3mel said:
davidyodo24 said:

This arc will probably take the whole first cour, but the second cour will have the villain arc and endeavor agency arc. This season is literally the set up to what is going to happen next season
Apr 25, 2021 7:25 AM
Jul 2019
Zooz80 said:
el3mel said:

This arc will probably take the whole first cour, but the second cour will have the villain arc and endeavor agency arc. This season is literally the set up to what is going to happen next season

No f**king way, we will be in this arc until episode 12 or something? I hope not.
Apr 25, 2021 7:45 AM
Sep 2017
el3mel said:
Zooz80 said:

No f**king way, we will be in this arc until episode 12 or something? I hope not.

Probably yes, they're adapting 2 chapters per episode, last episode stopped at chapter 199 and this arc end in chapter 217. So, we'll likely have this arc until episode 12-13.

And just for curiosity, the manga is now at chapter 310.
Apr 25, 2021 7:51 AM
Jul 2019
Zooz80 said:
el3mel said:

Probably yes, they're adapting 2 chapters per episode, last episode stopped at chapter 199 and this arc end in chapter 217. So, we'll likely have this arc until episode 12-13.

And just for curiosity, the manga is now at chapter 310.

Yeah I checked the manga chapters number recently. Thanks for the information though. Let's see what will happen.
Apr 25, 2021 6:41 PM

Jan 2020
It was pretty good. It's nice seeing more of tokoyami and kuro guy is really creepy. Every time he spoke, it felt awkward but I guess that's just who he is

Apr 25, 2021 7:49 PM

Mar 2019
Another OK episode...

The Best Moment --------> 6:07 (Mina'SS Ability)
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 25, 2021 9:25 PM

Sep 2020
tokoyamis human hands still bother me
Apr 25, 2021 9:34 PM
Dec 2020
i was waiting for the tokoyami and hawks flight scene to get animated. i loved it
Apr 26, 2021 3:38 AM
Mar 2018
Damn, it does not look good for 1-A. Seeing Tokoyami and Hawks made my day though.

Apr 26, 2021 10:43 AM
Jun 2020
A little late to the party but here we go:

Art was crisp and consistent, nice.
Soundtrack was good.
Voice acting was good.
Animation was also pretty great. We had some traditional 2D sakuga but also a lot more CG sakuga. There's a lot of anime who put CG scenes and they look bad. But this was actually pretty good, the 2D characters and the CG backgrounds blended well together, and weren't too distracting. It's no UFOTable, but it's amazing nonetheless. Idk what's up with the animators, but they were very ambitious these past 2 episodes.

Yeah, this episode was pretty great too. Thank you Bones.
Apr 26, 2021 12:35 PM
Mar 2018
Mina kinda thicc tho
Apr 26, 2021 12:37 PM
Jul 2014
Zapstotaku said:

Soundtrack was good.
Voice acting was good.
Animation was also pretty great. We had some traditional 2D sakuga but also a lot more CG sakuga. There's a lot of anime who put CG scenes and they look bad. But this was actually pretty good, the 2D characters and the CG backgrounds blended well together, and weren't too distracting. It's no UFOTable, but it's amazing nonetheless. Idk what's up with the animators, but they were very ambitious these past 2 episodes.

UFO has terrible CG that's noticible. What the hell are you talking about?

Florent3571 said:
Nah for real I was never expecting this episode to be this good. They are really improving Joint Training exponentially and that's mostly thanks to the awesome directing and animation.

Crazy to think that S4 was just a misstep, I still don't think JT is an a great arc but the anime is making way more enjoyable than fucking Overaul which is straight up hilarious.

Such a misstep it had two of the best produced episodes in the series.

DeadlyRavenMay 14, 2021 12:41 PM
Apr 26, 2021 2:40 PM

Mar 2018
Devil_Food said:
Florent3571 said:

Such a misstep it had two of the best produced episodes in the series.

And outside of those it was a snoozefest, not a great ratio you'll agree.
Apr 27, 2021 4:00 AM

Feb 2016
Boring boring boring boring boring. When will this training arc be over?
Apr 27, 2021 5:17 AM
Jan 2020
cool fight! it's really nice that other characters like tokoyami get some development
Apr 27, 2021 10:10 AM

Nov 2014
Mr360AttAck said:
Boring boring boring boring boring. When will this training arc be over?
Episode 10-13, maybe?

Devil_Food said:
Zapstotaku said:

Soundtrack was good.
Voice acting was good.

UFO has terrible CG that's noticible. What the hell are you talking about?
I kind of disagree, Ufotable's CGI is pretty decent, it's not like Studio Orange CGI, but it's good enough to blend in.

DeadlyRavenMay 14, 2021 12:42 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

213 by Kayle_Matthew »»
Jun 8, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

207 by Astro037 »»
May 31, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

147 by Skowyt »»
May 27, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

295 by WolfWood37 »»
May 24, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

120 by WolfWood37 »»
May 22, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.