Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 21, 4:22 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to BilboBaggins365
Chiibi said:
Kosmonaut said:
How sad is it that being as ridiculous as I was writing that post isn't universally understood as sarcasm anymore?

People LOVE to blame feminists on literally everything nowadays though. How was I supposed to guess you weren't serious? :/

Well you can apply that to literally everything these days. Poe's Law is very common today and it's very hard to tell the difference between satire and reality no matter the view. You can make satire reality these days.

Though yeah I think you are probably right. Granted considering that anime/manga is kinda that place to get away from reality it would be nice if more shows that want to use sex appeal actually go through with it instead of tons dumb slapstick and guys who are too dense or nervous to get to it already.

Still for OP Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Paradise Kiss, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu and I mean I believe the currently airing Reviewers if you want your male characters actually getting intimate at some point. It's not unheard of outside of hentai.
@BilboBaggins365

honestly i think feminist are the worst and a big part of the worlds problem but i have to agree here its not feminism that did it... its due to japans male population to be overwhelming with ball-less cowardly super beta bitch losers.

Which is only about half their fault seeing as how japanese citizens are essentially brainwashed from small children to adults in several different ways to basically be a cowardly do as your told lil bitch.
Apr 21, 4:23 AM

Mar 2023
Because they are good religious boiz that don't have sex before marriage.
SpunkertApr 21, 4:58 AM
Apr 21, 4:24 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to aniyeong
Fate_Saber88 said:
Japanese men are overall insecure when it comes to sexuality. It's no surprise that 42% of Japanese men under 40 are virgins.
These things of scared characters on anime is just reality playing with us.

42%? That's gotta be bs. I'm gonna need some sources to believe such a ridiculous number
@aniyeong no this is actually as pathetic as it sounds accurate on top of pathetic as fuck. Seriously japans avg age of virgins is so much higher than any other country its just staggering.
Apr 21, 4:52 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to Chiibi
Anime teenagers don't have sex because the shows are aimed at teens and kids and it is not appropriate. Bad role models and all that.

Isn't that obvious?

Also the Japanese are VERY shy and withdrawn from PDA. It's not considered proper to be casual about it like people in the USA who will suck face whenever and/or wherever they feel like it.

Every time I walked the halls of my high school, I'd see students making out against their locker doors and stuff. In front of crowds, in lines, they just don't care.

But in the hallway of a Japanese school? This would be unheard of.
Chiibi said:
Also the Japanese are VERY shy and withdrawn from PDA. It's not considered proper to be casual about it like people in the USA who will suck face whenever and/or wherever they feel like it.

I can contest to this, at least in my own experiences growing up, the 1st time I went on a date with someone in Japan was right before I moved to North America in the late 80s when I just became a teen. A girl I got to know there asked me to hang out with her (like a date). We didn't hold hands, she didn't even give me a hug after (not like I was expecting anything), didn't even really touch each other the entire time not even in a playful way. All I really did was tag along with her and her mother to the Tennoji Zoo a few days before I moved away. I found out years later when I was in my 20s, this girl had a huge crush on me and was extremely sad I moved away and told me she was crying for days after I left.

Then fast forward to when I started living in North America, I started Highschool and got to know the girl who sat right next to me in a few classes. After a few months passed, she asked if I wanted to go out on a date with her. At the time It didn't really hit me what that actually meant (She basically had a really big crush on me). She asked if I wanted to go to a school social with her (Which is basically a school dance if people don't know). At that point she was basically considered my 1st girlfriend. So one day I invite her over to watch a movie knowing she is into vampire novels, I decide to pop in the movie "Vampire Hunter D" for us to watch together. The next thing I knew we are basically alone in a dark room "sucking face" not even really watching the movie at all.

While my own personal experiences growing up could just be unique, Generally speaking Japanese people are very reserved, unlike Westerners. People in Japan generally don't even show any form of public affection for one another and it would be extremely rare to see a couple even holding hands unless it's a child and their parents.
Apr 21, 5:00 AM

Nov 2014
Watch hentai if you're looking for males smashing women.
Apr 21, 6:20 AM

Nov 2013
Because "will they won't they" stops being a compelling story premise the moment they do.

In series with competing heroines, you also run the risk of alienating fans by committing to a specific route.
May 1, 2:52 AM

Nov 2019
You're watching the wrong anime, I've seen plenty.

But I guess it's as the aforementioned has been said: The society is tame and the audience is also tame so there wouldn't be a point in having such content outed in a public domain
May 1, 3:27 AM

Aug 2020
They are scared of empawered strong weemen

May 1, 3:48 AM

Mar 2008
A lot of the time they arent scared just uncomfortable or something goes against their ideals.
May 1, 4:05 AM

Jan 2022
If you were smart enough you too would be scared of women too.
May 1, 4:17 AM

Mar 2024
Anime is more relatable to it's target audience that way
May 23, 5:02 PM

Nov 2020
ZERO TESTOSTERONE. NEVER DISCOVERED ANDREW TATE. NEVER WATCHED HAMZA. NEVER BEEN TO THE GYM. NEVER COMMITTED WAR CRIMES IN BOSNIA.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What seasonal anime had disappointed you over time this season?

Zakatsuki_ - 3 hours ago

32 by Shirayukin »»
2 minutes ago

» How I started a fight. By saying let's fight Naruto is Goat!

Ken__Kaneki__Kun - Sep 19

13 by FanofAction »»
6 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1138 by InfinitumNoctem »»
10 minutes ago

» Adventure/Action Shounen with the Best and Worst ROMANCE (just the ones that even tried)

Rob7 - 34 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
13 minutes ago

» Best tearjerking anime in the 2020's (there are any?) ( 1 2 )

Rob7 - Jul 9

53 by alshu »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.