Forum Settings
Forums

What is your favorite 'lesser' known anime?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 26, 2018 4:40 AM

Jul 2017
TheInspiredConj said:
Dlwuik said:
fullmetal alchemist brotherhood is very underrated and it's my favorite anime is the anime called n

Bruh. -_- Are you serious? Like, totally serious?

Please tell me you're trolling. It's hard to understand trolls without facial expressions.
pff what, no way he's trolling, fmab is actually really underrated
Aug 26, 2018 4:48 AM

Aug 2018
Finally, the thread that worth interacting,
Aug 26, 2018 4:50 AM
Nov 2016
I think Kingdom really deserves some recognition because according to this website says only around 50K people know about it (the anime) comparing to some such as Black Bullet, Infinite Stratos and SAO its way better I'd say if it was created in the same genre of Hunter x Hunter It would be better than it
Aug 26, 2018 4:50 AM

May 2016
Yama no Susume easily, the first season was average but the seasons following have just gotten better each time. It's no masterpiece but it is a nice watch.
Aug 26, 2018 4:51 AM
Jul 2018
Mirai said:
Saiki Kusuo deserves more attention. Such a shame it was overshadowed by Konosuba...
it's a 5 minute short. idk how can it be overshadowed, especially when it has a really high score.
Aug 26, 2018 4:55 AM

Jun 2012
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drv_tfMjN4w

Intense story, bloody, terrifying enemies (bears) and I love dogs. Dogs fighting bears and other dogs makes for some unique action.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Aug 26, 2018 5:27 AM

Feb 2013
daichi's earth defense family
don't leave me alone daisy
genma wars eve of mythology
hi no tori reimei hen

these are the good obscure stuff
Aug 26, 2018 5:33 AM
Apr 2017
Wangpai yushi is one of the most bizarre and funny shows ever. I love everything about this show. 99.9 percent of people haven't even heard of it. This is truly a hidden gem!
Aug 26, 2018 5:36 AM

Aug 2018
TTagain said:
Any relatively unknown masterpiece that you discovered?

Dokuro-chan is funny and made me kek lots. It’s a very good anime and I recommend that you watch it
Aug 26, 2018 5:38 AM
Aug 2018
I don't really know any lesser known anime, except for Castlevania, which I think is great.
Aug 26, 2018 5:46 AM
Aug 2018
KidGohan said:
Wangpai yushi is one of the most bizarre and funny shows ever. I love everything about this show. 99.9 percent of people haven't even heard of it. This is truly a hidden gem!
I have heard about it and seen one episode, but while it wasn't bad, I didn't really like it.
Aug 26, 2018 5:58 AM

Jan 2016
Tamayura Hitotose
It has a unique nostalgic feeling which is very enjoyable. I loved it.
Aug 26, 2018 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
-Moyashimon
-Ookiku Furikabutte is the best sport series, sadly it is overshadowed by more popular baseball series like Diamond no Ace, Major and Adachi Mitsurus's series (Touch, Cross Game, H2)
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Aug 26, 2018 6:05 AM

Feb 2018
FinNote said:
TheInspiredConj said:

Bruh. -_- Are you serious? Like, totally serious?

Please tell me you're trolling. It's hard to understand trolls without facial expressions.

Oh, please. You too?

FMAB has been on the #1 spot since god knows when. It is the 3rd most popular anime. Nearly everyone has heard it's name and loves it to core. It is probably the only anime to gain the "perfect" tag, which no other anime has done. And yet you say it is "underrated"???

Are you drunk?

Maybe you guys meant to say "overrated", but instead got it mixed up with "underrated"?
Aug 26, 2018 6:20 AM
Apr 2017
JohnviRomanum said:
KidGohan said:
I have heard about it and seen one episode, but while it wasn't bad, I didn't really like it.
that's very understandable. I know that a lot of people don't even think of watching any Chinese anime. They automatically assume the low rating means a bad show but you can find personal favorites from low score shows, that is what Wangpai yushi is for me. The show kind of reminds me of The Devil is a part-timer.
Aug 26, 2018 6:33 AM

Aug 2015
I found and really enjoyed Ikoku Meiro no Croisée The Animation. I don't usually like slice of life but this was the exception, so soothing and feelsgood.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/13335/Fuse__Teppou_Musume_no_Torimonochou was also really good even though the movie was, in the collective opinion, kinda bad.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Aug 26, 2018 6:39 AM
Aug 2018
KidGohan said:
JohnviRomanum said:
that's very understandable. I know that a lot of people don't even think of watching any Chinese anime. They automatically assume the low rating means a bad show but you can find personal favorites from low score shows, that is what Wangpai yushi is for me. The show kind of reminds me of The Devil is a part-timer.
I loved the series Marco Polo, not anime by the way, but that was cancelled too because of low ratings, while I found it half as good as GOT.
Aug 26, 2018 6:48 AM

Feb 2017
ROD the tv is probably my favourite anime that I would even consider calling obscure on MAL (lesser known being as always context dependent) and Nenene is best girl.
Aug 26, 2018 7:03 AM

Jul 2017
not masterpieces, but kaiji, saiki kusuo and detroit metal city and pretty great.
Mirai said:
Saiki Kusuo deserves more attention. Such a shame it was overshadowed by Konosuba...

I don't think it was overshadowed because they didn't air at the same time. also both are great
Ever_Onward said:
It doesn't seem like Saki's very popular but I really enjoy it. It was my favorite anime for years before I watched SnK last month.
ha, I see you're a man of culture as well.
Aug 26, 2018 8:03 AM
Apr 2017
JohnviRomanum said:
KidGohan said:
I loved the series Marco Polo, not anime by the way, but that was cancelled too because of low ratings, while I found it half as good as GOT.
I heard of it on netflix but never watched it. I'm not a big fan of American shows in general. I did enjoy shannara, that got cancelled after two seasons. I do plan to watch GOT after it's final season airs. I hope it lives up to the hype some shows don't.
Aug 26, 2018 8:15 AM

Sep 2014
There is also that amazingly good movie Maquia, but it's not released yet on blu-ray. So when this comes out please go watch the movie it's really good.
Aug 26, 2018 8:51 AM
Aug 2018
KidGohan said:
JohnviRomanum said:
I heard of it on netflix but never watched it. I'm not a big fan of American shows in general. I did enjoy shannara, that got cancelled after two seasons. I do plan to watch GOT after it's final season airs. I hope it lives up to the hype some shows don't.
I personally like several American series, but only those with one main adventurous plot, like those I mentioned. But GOT is really the best of them and deserves its reputation. It's full with treachery and twisting plots which keeps ppl excited.
Aug 26, 2018 9:01 AM
Apr 2017
JohnviRomanum said:
KidGohan said:
Btw what do you think of Netflix getting rid of some of their bigger name anime titles such as Naruto and Bleach?
Aug 26, 2018 9:04 AM
Aug 2018
KidGohan said:
JohnviRomanum said:
Btw what do you think of Netflix getting rid of some of their bigger name anime titles such as Naruto and Bleach?
I think that's terrible. I watched Code Geass half a year ago, but only the first season was avaible, so the second I had to look elsewhere (what succeeded by the way). Good Animes are much better than most of the other stuff.
Aug 26, 2018 9:33 AM
Apr 2017
JohnviRomanum said:
KidGohan said:
I think that's terrible. I watched Code Geass half a year ago, but only the first season was avaible, so the second I had to look elsewhere (what succeeded by the way). Good Animes are much better than most of the other stuff.
Code Geass is a lit show. It should be on Netflix. Instead of the trash they are promoting.
Aug 26, 2018 9:41 AM
Jun 2017
Little Busters and Little Busters Refrain

I loved

Simply wonderful, great fun, charming characters, plus good dramas!
It's kind of a mix of Clannad + Angel Beats
I almost got dehydrated from crying so much with the last five episodes of Refrain!
Aug 26, 2018 9:44 AM

Jul 2017
Detective Conan is a masterpiece shounen but it lacks popularity in US
it is very well known in Asia
Aug 26, 2018 10:04 AM
Sep 2017
TheInspiredConj said:
FinNote said:

Oh, please. You too?

FMAB has been on the #1 spot since god knows when. It is the 3rd most popular anime. Nearly everyone has heard it's name and loves it to core. It is probably the only anime to gain the "perfect" tag, which no other anime has done. And yet you say it is "underrated"???

Are you drunk?

Maybe you guys meant to say "overrated", but instead got it mixed up with "underrated"?

Are you drunk? What are you talking about? FMAB is very underrated. There is no denying that. Plus, it's the 4th most popular anime, not the third, therefore it's criminally underwatched too.
Period.
“There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground ... and miss."
Aug 26, 2018 10:05 AM

Nov 2011
Noein, it doesn't seem to be very well-known at all.
Aug 26, 2018 10:11 AM

Jul 2016
Angel Densetsu. 2 episode OVA from the 90s and I just really enjoyed it.

Aug 26, 2018 10:19 AM
Nov 2016
A lesser known drama 3 gatsu no lion is my favorite anime,each and every character is relatable in their own way and the story development is one of the best I've seen.
Aug 26, 2018 10:34 AM
Aug 2018
KidGohan said:
JohnviRomanum said:
Code Geass is a lit show. It should be on Netflix. Instead of the trash they are promoting.
But most people, at least around me, sadly love the trash more.
Aug 26, 2018 11:07 AM
Feb 2017
Malevolent-Fae said:
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drv_tfMjN4w

Intense story, bloody, terrifying enemies (bears) and I love dogs. Dogs fighting bears and other dogs makes for some unique action.

I don't know you, but I love you for introducing this anime to me. I have the feeling that this will just be THE anime for me. So...thank you for that...
Aug 26, 2018 12:03 PM

Jun 2012
Nii-Rak said:
Malevolent-Fae said:
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin

I don't know you, but I love you for introducing this anime to me. I have the feeling that this will just be THE anime for me. So...thank you for that...

You are quite welcome. Hope you like it!
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Aug 26, 2018 1:06 PM
Apr 2017
JohnviRomanum said:
KidGohan said:
But most people, at least around me, sadly love the trash more.
Lets hope Netflix will learn to make more quality anime. They did say they wanted to make anime more mainstream. This is why I asked about why are they getting rid of two main streams shows if they want a larger demographic to watch anime. It was nice talking to you TATA.
Aug 26, 2018 1:23 PM
Aug 2016
I don't think I have a favorite anime *because they are too many that I liked*, but I do know I have an anime that I despise and that shit made me lose almost 2 hours from my life, and it was painful to watch.
Aug 26, 2018 2:05 PM

Aug 2016
Just based on popularity and # of members: Fukigen na Mononokean, Natsume Yuujinchou Roku, Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou and Furusato Meguri: Nippon no Mukashibanashi (all of them are youkai-themed)

Aug 26, 2018 2:42 PM

Aug 2018
La Maison en Petits Cubes is one of the best anime I've ever watched, and the only time I've seen it mentioned was on YouTube, by a reviewer that's not exactly loved around these parts (BobSamurai).

That one actually looks interesting. I love 4-koma.
Flesh_the_PikeAug 26, 2018 2:48 PM
Aug 26, 2018 2:50 PM

Sep 2017
It has to be Midori Days, a really sweet romance anime with a perfect ending. Probably the only masterpiece made by Studio Pierrot.
Aug 26, 2018 3:00 PM

Jun 2008
Kimi to Boku. I recommend the crap out of that show whenever i talk to someone that i think might like it.
Aug 26, 2018 3:08 PM

Jun 2009
There are many: Furiko, Hikaru no Go, Juuni Kokuki, Michiko to Hatchin, Mononoke, Ookiku Furikabutte, Seirei no Moribito, Kaleido Star, Slayers, Uchuu Kyoudai, Cross Game, Kiddy Grade, Hakumei to Mikochi etc etc

It seems I usually prefer lesser known anime on average.
Aug 26, 2018 3:16 PM
Apr 2017
can you give me a list to chose cause i have no idea what you mean by lesser known
if you mean great but few watched
the ones that come to mind are
kenshin
nana
great teacher onizuka
monster
Aug 26, 2018 6:02 PM

Feb 2018
Knightmare_YK said:
TheInspiredConj said:

Oh, please. You too?

Are you drunk?

Are you drunk? What are you talking about? FMAB is very underrated. There is no denying that. Plus, it's the 4th most popular anime, not the third, therefore it's criminally underwatched too.
Period.

Ok. My bad. It's the 4th most popular anime. So, how does that make it 'underwatched'? AND UNDERRATED too?

You know what, Imma stop here. Because there's just no use explaining to you guys, who say that "FMAB IS UNDERRATED". That's like questioning reality itself. Yeah. I'm gonna go my way. No use destroying my brain cells in trying to explain you guys.

Have a Good Day.
Aug 26, 2018 6:05 PM

Mar 2017
My favorite 'lesser known' anime is the Read or Die series: R.O.D (OVA) and R.O.D the TV.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Aug 26, 2018 6:16 PM

Mar 2017

For ecchi lovers, here's one you might not have seen:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/321/Najica_Dengeki_Sakusen
Not exactly a shining example of quality anime, more of a guilty pleasure, this anime takes gratuitous panty shots to comical extremes.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Aug 27, 2018 8:48 AM

May 2018
Revolutionary Girl Utena, though it's not really that obscure, but lots of people just find it strenge and don't delve more into its analysis and themes, so in understanding it, it isn't the most popular. And every Studio Ghibli film except for Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, the popular ones... I feel like most anime fans only watch those two and maybe one or two more, there are a lot of good Ghibli films that definitely deserve more attention, though that's just my observation, I could be wrong.
Aug 27, 2018 12:28 PM

Mar 2015
Gallery Fake is definitely unappreciated.
woah there
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is the database algorithm fair?

Lucifrost - May 30

15 by katsucats »»
23 seconds ago

» A tone shift in anime that you didn't see coming

SmashBlack - Feb 19, 2021

36 by Rhae »»
4 minutes ago

» Is "English anime dub voice" a thing?

Anjuro - 3 hours ago

11 by Jackof-allspades »»
10 minutes ago

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - May 30

36 by katsucats »»
11 minutes ago

» Similar sounding Anime opening/ending songs

erikkamirs - May 3, 2020

15 by Rhae »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.