Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 29, 2021 10:52 PM

Jul 2009
Finally was able to finish this :)

As I mentioned, The only way to truly enjoy it is if you have watched the TV series and the previous Summary movies. If you watched this without any of the above, then yeah it will confuse the hell out of you.

This movie, also made me understand what Charles were trying to do with Sword of Akasha and God. Trying to unite everyone into one "conscious" ending the suffering of endless wars, hatred, selfishness, lying, murder etc.

There's a few things I enjoyed. First, they extended some of the fights. Having extended fights of Bismarck with a couple of characters were great. Even adding new scenes with C.C. and Kallen. They also made the character "Monica" the blonde Knights of Round character more active by giving her more scenes with Charles (She's the one reporting to Charles about the situation). Honestly, I never knew about her and only saw her when Suzaku stricken her down alongside the rest of the Knights of the Round.

Things that I don't like. There are some scenes were they added/removed music. For example, When Lelouch was talking to Nunnally about handing over FLEIJA's detonation control. They added an insert song which is okay, but kinda ruin the moment between them due to the song playing on the background. Other times, they changed the song like when Lelouch activated FLEIJA. It no longer plays "The Master" OST which removed the epicness of the scene. Other times, they remove the OST like when Zero came down to kill Lelouch. Even removing the dialogue with Jerimiah saying "Go, Masked Hero".

Also, it seems they tried to humanize Nina. Adding new scene with her regretting in creating FLEIJA. I guess, there is some justification as to why she may have cooldown a bit. Disappointed however that they removed Suzaku's "Laugh" after he used FLEIJA. It maybe out of character for him, but it was such an iconic scene. He literally descended to madness.

Also, shame what happened to Shirley. If you didn't watch the TV series, they you would be surprise as to why she was an important key character. It made no sense in the 2nd movie to regain her memories, but tries not to contact Lelouch like she did in the TV. Even absurd how she got shafted and never appeared until later on the ending with Kallen. I just hope she will get more screentime and proper care on the next movie.

The ED song was great! Survive the Prophet! They seem to be getting really popular! Especially even doing songs like FFVII Remake ED etc.

The new ending scene was kinda a nice touch. No longer C.C. being delivered on a caravan by an unknown farmer (Lelouch?!) instead she's now riding on a horse and probably on her way to Lelouch?

Anyways, it is a great fanservice and a return to Code Geass. Shame about cut content, but these movies were never really meant for first timers.

Now, onto the 4th movie! Finally I'll be able to watch it after all this time! I expect some good reason as to why they called it Resurrection :)

Oct 22, 2021 3:33 PM

Mar 2013
They casually changed the Nunally scene that backed the whole survival theory, in a recap movie made before releasing the sequel where he survive.
What the hell where they thinking ? just lol
Jan 4, 2022 5:38 AM

Dec 2012
C.C. booty.
Lelouch and Orange-kun.
Xing-ke.
Lelouch and Suzaku.
Excalibur.
Lelouch lies to Suzaku about Euphy.
Suzaku uses his foot to bring Lelouch's head to the ground.

And that was the end. LMAO at Shirley now alive to the end and forcing her name on Orange-kun's letter. They changed the pic of Lelouch on Kallen's wall. This is for sure a new alternate timeline in order to make FnL possible and they ruined Lelouch and Kallen's relationship in the process. Certain characters who originally died now live in this alternate timeline. Taniguchi said Lelouch and Shirley were dating (it didn't look like it) in these films unlike in the original series. Taniguchi was my GOAT during season 1. Ever since the executives meddled with the series that altered season 2 (R2 means Route 2 because the story was altered), it just hasn't been the same.

Watch date: 1/2020
RobJan 4, 2022 5:44 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 15, 2022 9:20 PM

Nov 2010
I remember hating Rollo long ago and I didn't care when he died, but now, I feel so bad for him, since this time he didn't really do anything wrong.

Knight of 12 Monica is so pretty. Damn, I'm so attracted to her! It really sucks that she died! Suzaku should've shown mercy on waifus. tsk

I'm with the Emperor and Marianne with their new world. Once everything is united, it will be eternal peace for all. Lelouch isn't looking into the future far enough. Zero Requiem's peace is only temporary. Given enough time, people will end up doing the same mistake all over again. It's the same thing that's happening in real life right now. Ragnarok is still the best option since it ensures everlasting peace.

That ending with Lelouch dying and the completion of Zero Requiem is still one of the best anime ending IMO, especially when I first saw it. I didn't see it coming at all!

Man, that ED is super duper badass! Instant added to my play list.

8/10
Feb 20, 2023 7:07 AM
Feb 2023
Upon rewatching Code Geass 3 times including the recap movies, all the plot holes, dumb writing, plot conveniences & contrivances became more apparent.

The Highly praised ending Zero Requiem also makes no sense and feels contrived and forced to gain sympathy for Lelouch

10mins of pathos sequence and the grandiose opera soundtrack sadly can't fix all the plot holes, dumb writing and contrivances.
He could've kept the throne and made change happen differently. Even the upcoming sequels can't fix any of these.
These are irrefutable facts and the people who watched the show for the first time are blinded by the ending.
Mar 1, 2023 7:41 AM

Sep 2013
There are obvious problems with the Zero Requiem plan as many people have already pointed out. Lelouch was too quick to sacrifice himself. He should have stuck around to manipulate world events from the shadows. At least he could have used his Geass to control Schneizel and make him a puppet Emperor. And even if he were insistent on the Zero Requiem plan, at least make Schneizel the puppet evil Emperor the sacrifice instead of himself.
Aug 5, 2023 1:33 AM

Nov 2012
The trilogy ends strong, onto seeing what the Re:surrection offers!

I remember hearing about retcons, but the main one is that Shirley is alive? haha, other that that I only noticed minor changes. No cart/man at the end with C.C. which is hilarious considering all the theories that man was Lelouch, the next movie is supposedly about his revival, but they removed the part that spawned a lot of the fan theories haha. Obviously an intentional nod to that scene at the end of the series, I do wonder how they handle things in the next movie, it can't be too bad as it seemed to review well!

Saying all that, these three movies at least are great way to revisit the classic series!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Nov 8, 2023 7:03 AM
Nov 2023
Amazing series!!! I LOVE CODE GEASS.
Jun 13, 8:51 AM

May 2020
Yea, still cut many things but not bad show. Still enjoyable mostly the climax. Never forget the climax they've made it was awesome. Love the show and pretty exciting. Moment that Nunally and Lelouch in the end was memorable. Lelouch did everything for the sins of their parents that everyone don't know about it. The last scene, yesss Lelouch still alive and he must be alive because it tell about the next show i guess.
Jun 16, 6:22 AM
Aug 2022
Really loved the added song from series. I'm glad they used Mosaic Kakera in this movie again :D
Lelouch vs Charles, Lelouch vs Schniezel, and the end with Zero striking Lelouch was all awesome. I think most of the cuts(maybe few new cuts here and there) are the same from the TV series.

"The only one who should kill are those prepared to die themselves" - Most important line.

The very end scene was different. C.C was riding a Donkey and she was reading a letter by Shirley and Jeremiah. And C.C. said something about Jeremiah and Shirley carrying something to a particular place.(which i think is Lelouch's body) "ジェレミアとシャーリーがこんなところに運びおって…"
It also showed Zero's broken mask washed along the shore, and ended with "Next: Resurrection" Nothing too much was hinted about Resurrection unfortunately.

I think it's safe to assume that "Re;surrection" is the continuation of R2 movie instead of R2 TV series. Different timeline where Shirley is alive.

Really enjoyed this a lot.

Score 9/10 at MAL.

Finished on 16th June 2024 at 18:52 Hrs IST.

Ricky16Jun 16, 6:31 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Did they have anything about Season 3 in this? Hints/Teasers/News?

FreshPrinceof3H - May 27, 2018

7 by aurora_yuuki »»
Jun 29, 2023 2:29 PM

» I understand NOTHING of what I'm seeing in this movie...

CursedFein - Sep 24, 2020

2 by Khunime »»
Mar 10, 2022 10:46 PM

» Is this just a recap?

PxHC - Jan 13, 2022

9 by AJRavi03 »»
Jan 30, 2022 7:06 PM

» Did they redub and reanimate this or is it a cut and paste of the series?

mechian - Aug 7, 2019

1 by dxtremecaliber »»
Oct 18, 2019 4:36 AM

» WHAT IS THIS?

SmolAngeryHolo - Sep 24, 2017

31 by Fate_warrior95 »»
May 25, 2018 10:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.