Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 5, 2018 2:33 AM

Mar 2011
wolfwing said:
still liking the series, but is no one going to acknowledge that 5 v 3 is a bit...lobsided, like can anyone join as long as signed up no matter how many?

Pretty sure there's a limit to it, they just didn't tell us about it. :P
Apr 6, 2018 3:17 AM

Apr 2017
one thing for sure the animation improved a bit more and the fact that the 2 more episodes aren't going to broadcast is sad i feel like even if the show is not a big attraction it should have the right ending or at least a chance to serve all it had to give than let what meant to happen be, hopefully the other 2 episodes might air at some point or in Blu-ray version.
Apr 6, 2018 3:39 PM

Oct 2007
Kirito_online said:
one thing for sure the animation improved a bit more and the fact that the 2 more episodes aren't going to broadcast is sad i feel like even if the show is not a big attraction it should have the right ending or at least a chance to serve all it had to give than let what meant to happen be, hopefully the other 2 episodes might air at some point or in Blu-ray version.

Also hopefully, they remake episode 9 for Blue Ray.... or at least correct the V.A error in that episode.
Apr 16, 2018 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
So Shizuka gave up her Original and quit the tournament but then she regretted it, yelled at the committee, got her Original back, went back to the tournament and won the match...I guess that works. Then Lynne Daves' backstory, yes, it was sad but I wish they had taken the time to tell it. How long did it last? 10 seconds?

Anyway, I really enjoyed the show, especially the first few episodes. Although it had potential for more and it's a shame what happened to it.

And of course, I loved Hazuki and the Russian team.
Apr 22, 2018 6:55 AM

Jul 2009
So they ended it here...without a conclusion and with a very very rushed episode.
Sisters from America team had a very hard past, but why to show that when you won't even talk more about the person that adopted them and all? It could have been better...if they wanted to end it here, all they have to do it's Jap to lose.
May 5, 2018 10:41 PM

Nov 2015
honestly gotta wonder how this would look if they didn't take break (especially ep 9, that one was simply on another level).
That being said it was fun, i liked how Hazuki introvert part would hit when there were more girls and simply watch girls.

PS: I watched opening every time:)
May 9, 2018 3:47 AM

Jul 2016
Oh well, the story is incomplete. Not that I complain, this was terrible anyway. Took me almost 5 months to finish this even though it was 10 episodes long. What a shore.

The concept of using classical literature stories was interesting but the execution was terrible and riddled with clichés, ruining any chance of creating a decent story. The characters were all boring as well, especially the main antagonist, which had a crappy motivation. The fights were incredibly lazy and lacked proper strategy. What a major letdown and disappointment since the powers had the potential for interesting fights.

Not the worst thing I have ever seen, but it was definitely one of the worst anime last season had to offer. Unfortunately, the number of clichés, generic CGDCT coupled with lazy writing turned this into a literal shore to watch.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

May 5, 2019 11:01 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
The moon wow I wasn't awaiting this scenario. Genius is the person who thought of it.

Oct 19, 2020 6:19 AM

Apr 2016
I'm still waiting for the last 2 episodes. Does anybody know something more?
Jul 19, 2021 1:46 PM

Feb 2020
Cool zombie army.

I'm glad Shizuka came back. That was a nice victory. The final match will be between Japan and Germany.

Lynne's dark backstory came out of nowhere. Poor girl.

SerafosDec 20, 2023 11:04 PM
Jan 6, 2022 3:26 PM

Jan 2021
I'm going to be honest, I have no idea what this show is about. I lost the plot a long time ago and am just along for the amusement of it. The characters are cute and well drawn. I like the concept of their magic being based off a story, though I don't understand just about any of the literary references. I looked up a few on Wikipedia just out of curiosity and I can see some thought was put into the lore of this show, but it's not presented in a way that makes it clear. I really liked the ninja girl character. If a show adds a ninja it almost always boosts the enjoyment for me. But finding out her power is from the story "Shita-kiri Suzume" where a sparrow gets its tongue cut out and can't speak makes me appreciate her skill of silencing an enemy's magic as long as she herself does not speak. That's really cool, but if you aren't familiar with the story it'll go right over your head and not make any sense.

"America has no history of its own, so it uses mixed media to attain powerful Origins. They use incredible advertisements and incredible graphics to make incredible stories out of nothing."

Savage attack on America there. I thought it was interesting because I can see where she's coming from with that line of thought and I don't wholly disagree. But at the same time there are plenty of American stories or folk tales they could have drawn from as a basis. They used Santa Claus which at first glance I thought was silly, but looking into it more it's apparently based on the poem "A Visit from St. Nicholas" which was first published in a New York newspaper. There are other interesting stories they could have used too, like Sleepy Hollow, Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, Casey at Bat, and more, even if they aren't all explicitly from books. So I wonder if the author didn't know of these stories or what because overall the lore of the show seems to have been well thought out. I don't get why the girl was using zombies as her story power. Was that in reference to Michael Jackson's Thriller? Since the above comment by the character was how modern America was so influenced by pop culture and alternative media, so presumably things like music videos and television. That's an interesting take on it too.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

101 by RioAl »»
Jun 5, 2022 3:43 AM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

28 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 2, 2022 4:38 PM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

37 by Serafos »»
Jul 19, 2021 12:18 PM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

28 by Serafos »»
Jul 19, 2021 11:27 AM

Poll: » Märchen Mädchen Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2018

33 by Serafos »»
Jul 19, 2021 9:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.