Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 3, 2018 7:39 AM
Aug 2016
Shineee_ said:
Kuroko-chan said:

I never said they weren't, I just don't agree with this. I'm simply not ok with animals being used by humans, or to be considered just a source of food. They are living creatures who have a life and humans have NO right to take those animals lives.

So do you feel the same about plants? I mean they are also living beings.

Yeah, they are, but the big difference is that plants can't feel pain, unlike animals do. But you eat plants too. At least we resume just at eating vegetable things, you eat both plants and animals.
And btw, an apple for example, is not a living being. An apple is just the ''seed'' of the tree, so the tree is the living being. Eating an apple or any other fruit or vegetable *except cabage and another few ones* are not actually living beings.
The fruits and vegetables that trees and plants produce don't have a life and can't feel pain. Before trying to say something, try to think what you wanna say, because if you don't, you'll just look like a fool.
Feb 3, 2018 7:46 AM

Jan 2017
Kuroko-chan said:
Shineee_ said:

So do you feel the same about plants? I mean they are also living beings.

Yeah, they are, but the big difference is that plants can't feel pain, unlike animals do. But you eat plants too. At least we resume just at eating vegetable things, you eat both plants and animals.
And btw, an apple for example, is not a living being. An apple is just the ''seed'' of the tree, so the tree is the living being. Eating an apple or any other fruit or vegetable *except cabage and another few ones* are not actually living beings.
The fruits and vegetables that trees and plants produce don't have a life and can't feel pain. Before trying to say something, try to think what you wanna say, because if you don't, you'll just look like a fool.

When I said 'plants' I mean trees and the like. But it can't be helped that you interpreted it as that since the topic here is eating cats/dogs.
Feb 3, 2018 7:54 AM
Aug 2016
Shineee_ said:
Kuroko-chan said:

When I said 'plants' I mean trees and the like. But it can't be helped that you interpreted it as that since the topic here is eating cats/dogs.

Yeah, but we vegetarians/vegans/ovo-lacto-vegetarians/ovo-vegetarians/lacto-vegetarians/ovo-lacto-pesco-vegetarians/ovo-pesco vegetarians/lacto-pesco-vegetarians/pesco-vegetarians, and so on, don't eat trees. We are not termites to consume wood. But yeah, I get what you mean now.
Feb 3, 2018 8:00 AM

Oct 2015
Kuroko-chan said:

The fruits and vegetables that trees and plants produce don't have a life and can't feel pain.

This part of your argument is flawed. An apple that is not separated from the tree is composed of living cells. Any part of the tree that's composed of living cells is obviously living. I'm ok with the rest of your argument though, plants indeed don't feel pain.
Auron_Feb 3, 2018 8:04 AM
Feb 3, 2018 8:04 AM
Aug 2016
Orhunaa said:
Kuroko-chan said:

The fruits and vegetables that trees and plants produce don't have a life and can't feel pain.[/b][/color]

This part of your argument is flawed. An apple that is not separated from the tree is composed of living cells. Any part of the tree that's composed of living cells is obviously living. I'm ok with the rest of your argument though, plants indeed don't feel pain.

True, but when I said that argument, I didn't mean the apples that are still in the tree, I mean tho ones that already fell. I'm not climbing into trees to take an apple, I eat just the ones that are no longer connected to the trees.
Feb 3, 2018 8:07 AM
Aug 2017
I... I really don't like the idea... not at all... Poor things... Though I guess they're just meat to them. Makes sense. They're animals afterall. Worse than that is the fact that in my country, they treat dogs as filthy creatures. A lot of them are killed.... even the pets. People are afraid to bring their dogs out here
Feb 3, 2018 8:16 AM

Oct 2015
I can't help but think of being against the idea of people eating dogs while eating meat as hypocritical. If you're vegan or vegetarian sure, understandable but if you're not then being logical isn't one of your virtues.

I hope to be vegetarian one day.
Feb 3, 2018 8:31 AM

Jul 2017

Kuroko-chan said:
xoO_Jerry_Oox said:

by any chance are you a vegan?
I am fine with eating animals and viewing animals as source of food is very normal
the lions and wolves in the wild certainly do not consider their preys as fellow animals

I'm not vegan, but vegetarian, so I don't eat animals corpses.
If you view that as a normal thing, it doesn't necasarry mean that all of us view it as normal. Not all humans view some things in the same way, so don't consider yourself in the center of everything.
Yeah, but we humans have morals and we can produce our own food, the carnivore animals don't have what we do, so for them is normal to do those things. They don't even have morals to begin with, or don't have a view of what's good an bad. Every creature view the world in a different way. We all are equal, but we are not the same.

I do not consider living creatures to be equal
topic-wise I do not consider dogs and cats as pets but
domestic animals
there is no way a non human animal's life would be valued as much as a human's
as among people there is inequality too or otherwise there wouldn't be poverty famine wars ETC
if I am asked to save only one person from a fire
one is a child and one is an adult
I will surely save the child
inequality is a fact and viewing people and other animals/plants as equal is being idealistic
Feb 3, 2018 8:40 AM

Jan 2018
149597871 said:
It's just a difference in culture, we eat cows, horses, pigs which is considered a taboo in some eastern countries.

eating horses is actually a taboo in some western countries as well

but yeah, i'm not really against the idea of people eating dogs, but i'm against the treatment a lot of those dogs get before they're eaten
Feb 3, 2018 11:22 AM

Sep 2007
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Feb 6, 2018 2:22 AM

Feb 2018
Nek0 said:
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Explains why I'm able to reply.

Personally, It won't matter what your feelings are for animals as a vegetarian. Meet a Lion or Tiger, they won't hesitate to eat you.
Plus this little tid bit of info:
"The ancestor of most of the domestic cows, the Auroch (Bos primigenus) was extinct by 1627."
The Only enemy you should be concerned with is yourself, no one can be a worse threat to you than yourself.

You say you have no courage? If you don't let me treat you like a carpet, then you just proved you do have courage.

Success without failure is not something to be happy about. Even a little failure can strength your resolve to do better. Without failure, overconfidence becomes our downfall.
Feb 9, 2018 5:20 PM

Aug 2017
No...dogs and cats are pets they are not food like pigs and cows...i prefer eating those people that hunt dogs and cats then eat them than eat cats and dogs
Feb 9, 2018 8:27 PM

Mar 2008
I might eat pussy but not a cat. Won't eat dog either. Nor would I eat a dolphin or wale or elephant.
Feb 10, 2018 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
Nasty, dogs in particular. The very existence of dogs is bound to Europeans. I can't imagine I'd have any problems eating something like a horse however, provided it isn't a horse I've bonded with.
Feb 10, 2018 4:43 PM

Jan 2018
Honestly it isnt something i see myself doing but i dont necessarily think its wrong, some people just dont see them as other people do if that makes sense XDD
Feb 11, 2018 2:10 AM

Nov 2012
I'd eat my boots before I even contemplated the idea if I was hungry....
Feb 11, 2018 10:55 AM

Jul 2011
I mean people eat Rabbit and we find that cuddly and cute and is a house hold pet and lets face it that is the barrier to weather or not we want to eat it is most of the time "Is this Fido?". Ultimately they are all animals and they all have the same levels of fear etc when they get killed, don't get me wrong i am not going to go rush out and eat a cat off the street but i don't really care all that much what other countries consider food and i'd probably try it if its on a plate and docent look like a dog because that's kinda the thing... Does it look like said animal when its food? Nope? Okay, I'm going to eat the hell out of it...
Feb 11, 2018 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
i don't like the idea of eating dogs bc i love dogs dearly :<
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why do people get WOWD by old books

vasipi4946 - May 21

16 by KitsuFrost »»
1 minute ago

» Travel to Europe. Pls help

labellim - Feb 4, 2022

21 by mfeddalpl »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Who else loves Alcohol?

GoatPieceLuffy - Today

32 by SSJ4ABD »»
9 minutes ago

» What are your favorite urban legends? And which local ones do you know?

ImNotAnOtaku1 - Yesterday

5 by SnipeStrike »»
25 minutes ago

» The Curse of Overtourism

Meusnier - May 21

16 by DreamWindow »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.