Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 13, 2016 5:36 PM
Sep 2012
Are we still having confusion about where we think the episode is going to end?

The preview shows Beatrice and Ram outside, so it's definitely going to be a cliffhanger.

Also, is anyone else a bit surprised about the time of day being portrayed there?
May 13, 2016 5:45 PM

Apr 2015
Sarnik said:

Also, is anyone else a bit surprised about the time of day being portrayed there?

Essentially sunrise and sunset look the same so they simply stand at a place where the sunrise is clearly visible.
May 13, 2016 5:46 PM
Sep 2012
Fappa said:
Sarnik said:

Essentially sunrise and sunset look the same so they simply stand at a place where the sunrise is clearly visible.

It seemed pretty bright out when Subaru came out of that door though.
May 13, 2016 6:19 PM

Apr 2015
Sarnik said:

Well the window and
seem to face the same direction then.

Besides, between him opening that door and
only a few minutes pass.
May 13, 2016 6:20 PM
Sep 2012
Fappa said:
Sarnik said:

Well the window and
seem to face the same direction then.

Besides, between him opening that door and
only a few minutes pass.

Right, which is why the timing feels off to me.

At this point I'm just paying too much attention to the details in this show.
May 13, 2016 11:47 PM

May 2015
Hmm... Ram looks angry. It seems that the twins are really the killers.

Also Subaru looks like he will die twice in this episode. Rem gives me that yandere vibe, but colder.
May 14, 2016 12:06 AM

Mar 2015
Ohh... it seems we will see lots of different Rem's facial expression in the next few episode... I really love how White Fox do their girls, I still remember well that Justice girl from AgK. They're good on portraying the cute and not so cute part.

May 14, 2016 12:38 AM

May 2015
DarklordVor said:
Ohh... it seems we will see lots of different Rem's facial expression in the next few episode... I really love how White Fox do their girls, I still remember well that Justice girl from AgK. They're good on portraying the cute and not so cute part.

Is that a legit illustration? I mean there can be fakes out there, and this one have a watermark on it, so I wouldn't give my hopes up.
May 14, 2016 12:41 AM

Mar 2015
DarkingDawning said:
DarklordVor said:

Is that a legit illustration? I mean there can be fakes out there, and this one have a watermark on it, so I wouldn't give my hopes up.

Hmm, it should be legit. The artwork is similar to their official website's illustration, they just added some spoiler expressions on my previous post.

May 14, 2016 12:46 AM

May 2015
DarklordVor said:
DarkingDawning said:

Hmm, it should be legit. The artwork is similar to their official website's illustration, they just added some spoiler expressions on my previous post.

Ah I see that make sense.
May 14, 2016 6:10 AM
Jul 2015
More preview...........

May 14, 2016 6:44 AM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:
^Their expressions are really on point.

The tone/mood definitely changes now.

Yep, I'm again amazed by the expression these guys manage to draw. They catch the intended emotions perfectly. Oh I also waited to see serious Roswaal, especially with
May 14, 2016 6:01 PM
Jan 2014
for the people who knows what will happen on episode 7
May 20, 2016 6:31 AM

Nov 2011
May 20, 2016 6:42 AM
Apr 2011
Stark700 said:
Episode 8 Preview:

yay, hopefully this preview means it's not going to be delayed.

Seems like Betty is now aware that there is a curse cast upon Subaru... But wonder how he told her since he can't discuss the witches power with anyone?
May 20, 2016 6:45 AM

May 2016
The preview came out 1 hour later than usual, so I'm going to interpret that as the episode only being delayed 1 hour, lol.

YAY! The lap scene so many were asking for is included (it's more emotional than it seems). Also, some really interesting directing choices. I hope we see more of this strange shots as Subaru continues to break.

May 20, 2016 7:19 AM

Jul 2015
Nice stuff again.
FononZero said:
Stark700 said:
Episode 8 Preview:

yay, hopefully this preview means it's not going to be delayed.

Seems like Betty is now aware that there is a curse cast upon Subaru... But wonder how he told her since he can't discuss the witches power with anyone?

Because they're two different things.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 20, 2016 7:29 AM

Jan 2015
Nice. Can't wait for it.

Hopefully everything will be fine in this timeline.
May 20, 2016 8:41 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm I guess with this episode, the manga will be overrun. Now the manga readers can stop complaining about it being different lol.

This episode is going to be more amazing with Rem making faces on Subaru.

May 20, 2016 8:44 AM

May 2016
Lap scene, huh.
I remember people talking about cut content like the self mutilation in another discussion thread, and people were worrying about this scene.

Guess it was all for naught!
May 20, 2016 8:45 AM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:
Hmm I guess with this episode, the manga will be overrun. Now the manga readers can stop complaining about it being different lol.

My thoughts. Yeah from the preview I get the feeling that they really play around with this ominous feeling hanging in the air. I saw some interesting direction choices. Also with this pacing it should be almost clear now that we will be done with arc 2 by episode 10 or 11
May 20, 2016 8:48 AM

Apr 2015
hailanth said:
Lap scene, huh.
I remember people talking about cut content like the self mutilation in another discussion thread, and people were worrying about this scene.

Well the selfmutilation was a mere device to emphasize on Subaru's mental breakdown.

This upcoming scene is really important for Subaru's character Development and there is no way they'd skipped that. White Fox clearly knows the Source Material and how to correctly pace it.

I'm looking forward to see peoples' reaction on that scene :)'
May 20, 2016 8:54 AM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

My thoughts. Yeah from the preview I get the feeling that they really play around with this ominous feeling hanging in the air. I saw some interesting direction choices. Also with this pacing it should be almost clear now that we will be done with arc 2 by episode 10 or 11

With that upsy-daisy Betty scene, we know it will reach chapter 2 of the 3rd LN. So it's a faster pace than episode 5. They will probably end it on chapter 2.5, then episode 9 on chapter 4 and episode 10 for chapter 5+epilogue maybe.

May 20, 2016 8:59 AM
Jul 2015
DarklordVor said:
hailanth said:
Lap scene, huh.

Wait, people were complaining about that? Why? The lap scene should be in the 3rd volume... so it makes sense not to be in the previous episode.

they've complained about this scene

May 20, 2016 9:00 AM

May 2016
DarklordVor said:
hailanth said:
Lap scene, huh.

Wait, people were complaining about that? Why? The lap scene should be in the 3rd volume... so it makes sense not to be in the previous episode.

No, people were just worrying that it would be cut.
Which doesn't make sense considering it is said to be very plot centric, unlike the self-mutilation scene which as Fappa said, I guess is mostly an image of emphasizing the fear and desolation Subaru feels. The anime shows that well enough though, and I guess they maybe thought it was unnecessary to add in a show which is already dark enough.

Edit: Feeding scene, huh. While I would have personally liked to have seen Subaru get some goodies, I guess that too isn't as centric to the plot then?
May 20, 2016 9:01 AM

Mar 2015
Ehh I just deleted it and you two quoted me.

Yeah I read the poster's post wrongly. But since the title itself has tears and cries on its title, it's obvious it would be adapted.

May 20, 2016 9:02 AM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

With that upsy-daisy Betty scene, we know it will reach chapter 2 of the 3rd LN. So it's a faster pace than episode 5. They will probably end it on chapter 2.5, then episode 9 on chapter 4 and episode 10 for chapter 5+epilogue maybe.

I also noticed that they seem to speed it up. I just want to wait for Episode 9 before I say talk about being sure. I'd really love them to adapt volume 3 in 3 episodes. If they can speed it up this would be a fittng place. The Start of arc 3 with Episode 11 alongside the possibility of a 60 minute episode 24 or 25 gives me high hopes for the third arc :)
May 20, 2016 10:36 AM
Apr 2011
Fappa said:

I also noticed that they seem to speed it up. I just want to wait for Episode 9 before I say talk about being sure. I'd really love them to adapt volume 3 in 3 episodes. If they can speed it up this would be a fittng place. The Start of arc 3 with Episode 11 alongside the possibility of a 60 minute episode 24 or 25 gives me high hopes for the third arc :)

So arc 3 should be from 11-25 (approximately)? There are 5 arcs right.... I'm not sure but I think I remember hearing there were 5? Hopefully arc 3 doesn't leave on too much a cliffhanger. D:

Also does Elsa at least come back before the end of arc 3? I'd be sad if my favorite character doesn't at least get one more appearance.
May 20, 2016 11:39 AM

Apr 2015
FononZero said:

So arc 3 should be from 11-25 (approximately)? There are 5 arcs right.... I'm not sure but I think I remember hearing there were 5? Hopefully arc 3 doesn't leave on too much a cliffhanger. D:

Also does Elsa at least come back before the end of arc 3? I'd be sad if my favorite character doesn't at least get one more appearance.

It looks like that yes. 5 arcs are completed and the 6th arc is still ongoing. At least 11 are planned. We will see :)!

May 20, 2016 11:51 AM
Apr 2011
Fappa said:
FononZero said:

It looks like that yes. 5 arcs are completed and the 6th arc is still ongoing. At least 11 are planned. We will see :)!

Didn't know it was still ongoing. I guess it is a good idea to stop at arc 3 for now, so it doesn't catch up to the source material. thanks.

May 20, 2016 11:54 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I ain't watching the previews, but can we expect this dark tone for the rest of the series now @ light novel readers?
May 20, 2016 11:56 AM

Mar 2015
FononZero said:
Fappa said:

Didn't know it was still ongoing. I guess it is a good idea to stop at arc 3 for now, so it doesn't catch up to the source material. thanks.

Yeah it's still ongoing but the author stopped on chapter 24 in February. I think he's working on either with White Fox to help with the adaptation or he's rewriting the story for arc 3's ending that is speculated to end on volume 9 (since volume 9 has not even been announced yet)

May 20, 2016 11:59 AM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

I wouldn't say they speed up. Since if they stopped on volume 3 chapter 2. That would mean the same pacing as episode 4's pacing for volume 2. They could slow down again like they did on episode 5 for episode 9 with only less than 1 chapter LN. So it's really random and nobody can know for sure.

May 20, 2016 1:37 PM
Jan 2015
I watch the previews in very slo mo

at first I thought the lap was cleavage seen from above, maybe an elsa-level-endowed new girl

but it's not .... damn

Vinyet said:
YAY! The lap scene so many were asking for is included
May 20, 2016 2:22 PM

Jul 2014
Vinyet said:
YAY! The lap scene so many were asking for is included
It almost looks like they are reading what the viewers are writing for the series and addressing it in the previews :-)
May 20, 2016 4:04 PM
Sep 2012
I hope that they'll do the mood transitions properly, since the jump between the lap pillow and Beatrice was terrible in the manga.

Going from crying your heart out to head-in-the-clouds happy in a single page seriously breaks the immersion.
May 20, 2016 4:36 PM

Mar 2010
Going by the preview

Hope they nailed the lap pillow scene, like that manga did.

Sarnik said:
I hope that they'll do the mood transitions properly, since the jump between the lap pillow and Beatrice was terrible in the manga.

Going from crying your heart out to head-in-the-clouds happy in a single page seriously breaks the immersion.

Eh, I though it was fine? It was clear to me that timeskip was just about few minutes or hours since Subaru's back in tracksuit by then. Eitherway has being doing it's own transitions so suspect it's gonna be a bit different since what works for the manga in terms of can id different than in a anime.
May 20, 2016 4:43 PM

Apr 2015
Jagd84 said:
Going by the preview

Hope they nailed the lap pillow scene, like that manga did.

Oh yeah I hope so too but seeing as they're stellar in animating emotional expressions as well as voice acting and music I'm not worried :)
May 20, 2016 4:55 PM

Mar 2010
Ooh, you're right. That would be a good place to stop too.

And I'm just referring to the facial expressions but the dialogue, the mood and the way sequence just play out. It's was really quite moving and heartwarming.

Oh and I hope they don't cut out Subaru and Puck's banter that happens before then too.
Iron_MawMay 20, 2016 5:00 PM
May 20, 2016 10:09 PM
Jul 2015
Now I think

May 21, 2016 2:11 AM
Jul 2015
More preview......

May 21, 2016 4:21 AM
Jun 2011
machixmachi said:
More preview......
it going to be very cute episode
May 21, 2016 6:57 AM

May 2015
i can't wait for arc 3, fast, fast, fast
"If you don’t like a rule… Just follow it… Reach the top… And change the rule." -adolf hitler
May 21, 2016 7:32 AM

Jul 2013
After reading what will happen in the 3rd arc, I cannot wait for the anime to reach it.
May 21, 2016 8:01 AM

Apr 2015
rleon said:

Illyricus said:
After reading what will happen in the 3rd arc, I cannot wait for the anime to reach it.

Yeah I'm currently re-reading it, refreshing my memory right before the anime reaches it, you know? And once again it hits me how much the story skyrockets from that point onward.

I'm almost as excited for the peoples' reactions as for the adaptation itself.
May 21, 2016 1:51 PM
May 2016
From the summeries i read there is alot of Action in arc 3 Right?
May 21, 2016 2:45 PM

Jul 2015
Fappa said:
rleon said:

Illyricus said:

Yeah I'm currently re-reading it, refreshing my memory right before the anime reaches it, you know? And once again it hits me how much the story skyrockets from that point onward.

I'm almost as excited for the peoples' reactions as for the adaptation itself.

Prepare for the haters and their criticism then. :P
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 21, 2016 2:58 PM

Apr 2015
Salsaf said:

May 22, 2016 11:41 AM

Nov 2011
Fappa said:
Salsaf said:

Does this series shift back to the real world in any of the arcs?
May 22, 2016 11:59 AM

Apr 2015
Stark700 said:

Does this series shift back to the real world in any of the arcs?

Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 19, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1833 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 18, 8:26 PM

» Should I watch director cut or the regular one?

ido4224 - Sep 6

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 18, 5:44 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

252 by Kira_Illusionist »»
Sep 18, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

821 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 16, 7:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.