Forum Settings
Forums

What is your opinion on vegans/vegetarians ?

New
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2016 1:09 PM

Mar 2008
crestofhonesty said:
Gotta love how people think veganism is inherently hard.
I literally had four veggie sliders and White Castle two days ago.

You know they probably cooked that on the same surface they cooked the meat on.
Mar 27, 2016 1:11 PM

Dec 2013
CondemneDio said:
Mefke said:

Sounds heavy man.
used to be veg for few years but don't really see much point of continuing it, and veganism seems unhealthy and rather stupid.

Humanity either has to go vegan or starve billions of people to death.

I don't get how veganism would seem unhealthy. Maybe you didn't eat right kinds of food or right amounts. Diets need planning, even omnivore diets. If you don't plan, you'll get some problems real quick.

Sorry but I don't understand the principles of veganism. Why is it a no to eat eggs , milk etc? Just why?
Mar 27, 2016 1:12 PM

Jun 2015
I've been a vegetarian since the day I was born, but lately I do eat meat sometimes (entrecot, chicken, I even tasted duck but didn't like it much, and I've always eaten fish). It's a matter of habit, and I don't give a shit about what the rest eats, even if I might die without tasting food that people actually eats very often, because I just don't feel attracted to it.

All in all, I'm just a weird person when it comes to food.
Mar 27, 2016 1:12 PM

Oct 2014
traed said:

Some places definitely do, do that.
There is/are just many places that don't.
I've worked fast food and many places will cook them completely separate from the meat, etc.
It takes an easy e-mail to check on the how places handle those sorts of things.
Obviously it is not always guaranteed.
crestofhonestyMar 27, 2016 1:19 PM
Mar 27, 2016 1:15 PM

Jan 2013
Mefke said:
CondemneDio said:

Humanity either has to go vegan or starve billions of people to death.

I don't get how veganism would seem unhealthy. Maybe you didn't eat right kinds of food or right amounts. Diets need planning, even omnivore diets. If you don't plan, you'll get some problems real quick.

Sorry but I don't understand the principles of veganism. Why is it a no to eat eggs , milk etc? Just why?

Differs from person to person. General thoughts are:

• Decreasing animal suffering (dairy & meat industry walk a bloody hand in another)
  • Wanting to eat more healthy
  • Wanting to eat something that tastes good (this one is totally subjective)
  • Being a fucking hipster

So, pick your poison. It can also be a mixture of these, or some that I didn't list :D
Mar 27, 2016 1:17 PM

Oct 2014
Mefke said:

Because of how horrendous the dairy industry is.
Also, humans are the only species that drink milk from another species and after infancy.
Mar 27, 2016 1:19 PM

Mar 2008
crestofhonesty said:
traed said:

Some places definitely do, do that.
There as just many places that don't.
I've worked fast food and many places will cook them completely separate from the meat, etc.
It takes an easy e-mail to check on the how places handle those sorts of things.
Obviously it is not always guaranteed.

"Easy"is misleading. You are still putting in extra effort and can't eat just anywhere on a whim.

crestofhonesty said:

Also, humans are the only species that drink milk from another species and after infancy.

Because humans are the only animals able to digest it. Except for the lactose intolerant. Also humans are not the only ones to drink it from another animal, some baby animals takee it from other species if the lactating mother is okay with it.
Mar 27, 2016 1:19 PM

Dec 2013
CondemneDio said:
Mefke said:

• Decreasing animal suffering (dairy & meat industry walk a bloody hand in another)

So, pick your poison. It can also be a mixture of these, or some that I didn't list :D

So... what if I have my own chicken and stuff and have my own eggs... Am i still making the animals suffer?
The healthy stuff right. So if you wanna be healthy you gotta fuck around and make a diet and shit.
Tho the hipster shit is quite nice.
Tho bro are you a vegan engineer atheist who does crossfit?
Mar 27, 2016 1:20 PM

Dec 2013
crestofhonesty said:
Mefke said:

Because of how horrendous the dairy industry is.

Maybe because humans know how to get milk after it. And even if it's like against nature or what?
Mar 27, 2016 1:23 PM

Feb 2016
traed said:
@kawaiiyuris
Things just in meat
Creatine
Carnosine
CoQ-10 (people with depression always have low CoQ10 and its good for heart health)
D3 (only found in animals D2 is from plants)
DHA (ALA which is the plant form of omega 3 has to be converted to DHA and is very ineffective in humans)
Saturated fat and Cholesterol (yes you actually need those. More so males though since its related to testosterone)

There are also negative health effects of veganism and vegetarianism that come along with their positive effects.

SaturdayKrush said:
Dairy is basically liquid meat. If you're gonna change your diet do it all the way.

lololol wtf no its not.

Yes it is. Compare the fat and protein contents of milk, cheese, etc to beef and pork.

Veganism has no ill health effects. Meat does.
SaturdayKrushMar 27, 2016 1:29 PM
Mar 27, 2016 1:24 PM

Jan 2013
Mefke said:
CondemneDio said:

So... what if I have my own chicken and stuff and have my own eggs... Am i still making the animals suffer?
The healthy stuff right. So if you wanna be healthy you gotta fuck around and make a diet and shit.

You most likely are making it suffer. Would you like to be kept captive, and be harvested of your period blood; even though you were fed?

Yeah, if you want be healthy, you have to put effort into it. Vegetarianism/veganism done right is quite a big boost to it. Exercising and all the other shit is needed to live super healthily.

Hipsters can be found everywhere, dude :D
I think there are some who do it with the hiopster mentality, and they are the ones hurting the average vegan image.

Your profiling was surprisingly close. I'mma let you figure out which were wrong :P
Mar 27, 2016 1:24 PM

Oct 2014
traed said:
You are still putting in extra effort and can't eat just anywhere on a whim.

Lol, chill man you're making it a bigger deal than it needs to be. No one is holding a gun to your head telling you to be vegan.

You obviously don't need to send an e-mail, it just make can help put lots of people who want more reassurance feel better.

There are plenty of places than have veggie/vegan options, it's evergrowing!
BK, White Castle, Wendy's (in certain places) all have veggie burgers.

Taco Bell is like taking candy from a baby when it comes to eating vegan or vegetarian.

I can name a plethora of things that are easily accessible and veggie/vegan.
crestofhonestyMar 27, 2016 1:42 PM
Mar 27, 2016 1:29 PM

Oct 2014
Mefke said:
Maybe because humans know how to get milk after it. And even if it's like against nature or what?

Did you mean "so what"?

If you did, I don't know about you, but I surely know about myself and I rather not go against nature.

Setting aside humans and milk, dairy has been linked to many health concerns.
Mar 27, 2016 1:30 PM
Jul 2018

I only dislike intrusive propaganda of such lifestyle, not vegetarians or vegans.
Mar 27, 2016 1:32 PM

Dec 2013
CondemneDio said:
Mefke said:

You most likely are making it suffer. Would you like to be kept captive, and be harvested of your period blood; even though you were fed?

Yeah, if you want be healthy, you have to put effort into it. Vegetarianism/veganism done right is quite a big boost to it. Exercising and all the other shit is needed to live super healthily.

Hipsters can be found everywhere, dude :D
I think there are some who do it with the hiopster mentality, and they are the ones hurting the average vegan image.

Your profiling was surprisingly close. I'mma let you figure out which were wrong :P

I don't really think the chicken even freaking understands it's held captive. You feed it give it a home. And somehow it comes back where it was and lays a motherfucking egg. Oh well what am I doing with my life. I don't really care if ya do your vegan stuff. But if you say stuff like it's the next step of evolution keep your ideology for yourself random vegan atheist engineer crossfitter.

An atheist, a vegan, and a crossfitter walk into a bar
I only know because they told everyone within two minutes.
most accurate image of vegans
Mar 27, 2016 1:32 PM

Feb 2016
CondemneDio said:
SaturdayKrush said:

I'm also aware that people are the apex predator and top of the food chain.

I actually disagree with this. Sure, humans have brains and we can use tools and all that. But take your tools away, including our clothes, and we will not survive for a day in the wild. Pit a human against anything remotely it's own size, and the human will get rekt :D

If anything, humans are on the upper end of the food chain, but only because we have great brains (or some of us do :P)

It's why we are the apex predator. We have the superior intelligence to craft tools. Our brain is why we are on the top of the chain.
Mar 27, 2016 1:34 PM

Jan 2016
I don't understand why one would want to become vegan, they're missing out on some really good steaks and nutrients. Other than that I don't mind them as long as they don't try to make me eat veggies. It must take some willpower to do that to yourself.
Mar 27, 2016 1:35 PM

Dec 2013
crestofhonesty said:
Mefke said:

Did you mean "so what"?

If you did, I don't know about you, but I surely know about myself and I rather not go against nature.

Setting aside humans and milk, dairy has been linked to many health concerns.

Hmmm you look like you would like to eat that cat from the avatar damn.
It's so nice to find people who still care about stuff.
TyrelMar 27, 2016 1:51 PM
Mar 27, 2016 1:36 PM

Jan 2013
@Mefke
Alright, you random carnivore religitard burger-flipper bicep-curler.
Prepare to be shat upon, if you shit upon.

SaturdayKrush said:
CondemneDio said:

I actually disagree with this. Sure, humans have brains and we can use tools and all that. But take your tools away, including our clothes, and we will not survive for a day in the wild. Pit a human against anything remotely it's own size, and the human will get rekt :D

If anything, humans are on the upper end of the food chain, but only because we have great brains (or some of us do :P)

It's why we are the apex predator. We have the superior intelligence to craft tools. Our brain is why we are on the top of the chain.

You're giving humans too much credit.
Mar 27, 2016 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
Montisz said:
I don't understand why one would want to become vegan, they're missing out on some really good steaks and nutrients. Other than that I don't mind them as long as they don't try to make me eat veggies. It must take some willpower to do that to yourself.

I certainly don't feel like missing out on anything, if you're talking about devouring the rotting carcasses of dead animals :D
Mar 27, 2016 1:39 PM

Jul 2015
Bleh, this thread turned into a shitfest quite fast. that's exactly why I stay the fuck away from vegans.

Oct 2014
CondemneDio said:
You're giving humans too much credit.

Unfortunately humans have a disgusting ego and think of themselves higher than they actually are.
Feb 2011
As long as they don't try to force their eating habits on me, they're okay. If they enjoy living with those eating habits, good for them.
Mar 27, 2016 1:40 PM

Jun 2015
I'm fine with someone who doesn't like meat. What's there to hate about them?
Mar 27, 2016 1:41 PM

Apr 2009
traed said:
@kawaiiyuris
Things just in meat
Creatine
Carnosine
CoQ-10 (people with depression always have low CoQ10 and its good for heart health)
DHA (ALA which is the plant form of omega 3 has to be converted to DHA and is very ineffective in humans)
Saturated fat and Cholesterol (yes you actually need those. More so males though since its related to testosterone)

fam lol.
1) you're wrong
2) you're treating me like i'm wrong at best, and embarrassingly ignorant at worst. which doesn't sit well with a vain bitch like me so i'm just gonna turn my nose up here
get properly educated, it's not my job. start up with that book i recommended when you have time. or even just google the things you're talking about, pretty sure that will be enough to realise the point you're making isn't actually accurate. have fun have a nice day etc
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Mar 27, 2016 1:42 PM

Feb 2016
@CondemneDio

Pfft.. There's no denying the superiority of us humans.

Mar 27, 2016 1:42 PM

Apr 2009
CondemneDio said:
Mefke said:

you forgot
-terrible effects animal agriculture has for the environment
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Mar 27, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2013
@kawaiiyuris
True dat. There's more reasons too, these are the ones from the top of my head.
Mar 27, 2016 1:45 PM

Apr 2009
Clebardman said:
Bleh, this thread turned into a shitfest quite fast. that's exactly why I stay the fuck away from vegans.
except the shitfest was started by people shitting on vegans

but ya know

always fun to play bullshit cards lel
deadoptimist said:
Mar 27, 2016 1:47 PM

Feb 2016
Vegans don't give up meat and dairy because they hate it. Those things are delicious. It's more to do with ethics, animal well-being and health.

Personally, i'm not going to shit on anyone for not being a vegan. I grew up eating that stuff just like most people. I'd be a hypocrite if I did that. However people should be educated on veganism and nutrition. There are a lot of people that know so little.
SaturdayKrushMar 27, 2016 1:52 PM
Mar 27, 2016 1:49 PM

Oct 2014
Montisz said:
I don't understand why one would want to become vegan, they're missing out on some really good steaks and nutrients. Other than that I don't mind them as long as they don't try to make me eat veggies.

Complains about vegans missing out on nutrients but "Ewwwww! Vegetables! Nasty!".

Please explain to me how that works?

Jan 2013
SaturdayKrush said:
Vegans don't give up meat and dairy because they hate it. Those things are delicious.

This is debatable. Tastes are subjective. Not eating something because you think it tastes like shit is subjective. You can't generalize tastes.

Jul 2015
kawaiiyuris said:
Clebardman said:

but ya know

The thread asks for people's opinion on vegans, not the reasons why vegans are awesome or why people who eat meat are all ignorant and cruel bastards. But of course since we're talking 'bout veganism it didn't take long (a page) before it got derailed.

Yeah, it's a listing thread.
Mar 27, 2016 1:53 PM

Jan 2016
crestofhonesty said:

Complains about vegans missing out on nutrients but "Ewwwww! Vegetables! Nasty!".
Please explain to me how that works?

I meant if they try to make me eat only vegetables. Vegetables I like less, but I still incorporate them into my diet for their nutritional value. In addition, some people choose to not eat one type of food because they don't like the taste, so I take back what I said about needing willpower.
MentosAndRiceMar 27, 2016 1:58 PM
Mar 27, 2016 1:53 PM

Mar 2008
crestofhonesty said:
traed said:
You are still putting in extra effort and can't eat just anywhere on a whim.

Lol, chill man you're making it a bigger deal than it needs to be. No one is holding a gun to your head telling you to be vegan.

I am chill. Im just pointing out the misleadingness of calling it easy. You could say its easier than some think, but it still takes more effort than not being vegan or perhaps you could say you yourself find it easy in your opinion, but that does not mean everyone would be fine with your level of concept of what you think is easy.

kawaiiyuris said:
traed said:
@kawaiiyuris
Things just in meat
Creatine
Carnosine

fam lol.
1) you're wrong
2) you're treating me like i'm wrong at best, and embarrassingly ignorant at worst. which doesn't sit well with a vain bitch like me so i'm just gonna turn my nose up here
get properly educated, it's not my job. start up with that book i recommended when you have time. or even just google the things you're talking about, pretty sure that will be enough to realise the point you're making isn't actually accurate. have fun have a nice day etc

1. You say I am wrong yet provide no explanation of basis for that. Do you even know what you are arguing against? All I did was answer your question on what are some nutrients that arent really in plant based foods. That is literally it. Then the next line which you removed here I pointed out how there are negative health effects. That later statement is entirely based off of scientific research.
2. You're the one who called me wrong, like literally the previous sentence. You cant try to force someone to read a whole book before talking to you when thy already have other sources of information.
Mar 27, 2016 1:54 PM

Apr 2009
Clebardman said:
kawaiiyuris said:

but ya know

The thread asks for people's opinion on vegans, not the reasons why vegans are awesome or why people who eat meat are all ignorant and cruel bastards. But of course since we're talking 'bout veganism it didn't take long (a page) before it got derailed.

lolzy

an opinion thread asks precisely for opinions on vegans. so if someone thinks vegans are awesome they're supposed to say it. it is the literal point of the thread.

the ~shitfest~ started when people posted factually wrong opinions, were corrected, then flipped shit. or when people flat out insulted vegetarians/vegans.

stop twisting what happened out of a personal dislike for a group of people, this is some immahnoob level bullshit and you're better than that fam
deadoptimist said:
Mar 27, 2016 1:55 PM

Feb 2016
CondemneDio said:
SaturdayKrush said:
Vegans don't give up meat and dairy because they hate it. Those things are delicious.

This is debatable. Tastes are subjective. Not eating something because you think it tastes like shit is subjective. You can't generalize tastes.

Lol dude. Are you really going to bring subjectivity into this? Lets not pointlessly nitpick. The generalization is fine. The vegan movement is tiny fraction compared to omnivores.
Mar 27, 2016 1:57 PM

Oct 2014
Montisz said:
I meant if they try to make me eat only vegetables.

Welp, veggies/vegans just don't just eat vegetables, y'know? They eat many things.

I don't think many people would be a fan of only eating vegetables.
Mar 27, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2013
SaturdayKrush said:
CondemneDio said:

Lol dude. Are you really going to bring subjectivity into this? Lets not pointlessly nitpick. The generalization is fine. The vegan movement is tiny fraction compared to omnivores.

I am going to bring it in :D
My veganism's first step was how I hated minced meat. I stopped eating it, read up on veganism etc.
Meat smells like shit when someone's cooking it, too.
Mar 27, 2016 1:58 PM

Mar 2016
I think they are very brave.
I am incapable of not eating meat
虎杖 将藍
Mar 27, 2016 1:59 PM

Apr 2009
traed said:
crestofhonesty said:

I am chill. Im just pointing out the misleadingness of calling it easy. You could say its easier than some think, but it still takes more effort than not being vegan or perhaps you could say you yourself find it easy in your opinion, but that does not mean everyone would be fine with your level of concept of what you think is easy.

kawaiiyuris said:

fam lol.
1) you're wrong

1. You say I am wrong yet provide no explanation of basis for that. Do you even know what you are arguing against? All I did was answer your question on what are some nutrients that arent really in plant based foods. That is literally it. Then the next line which you removed here I pointed out how there are negative health effects. That later statement is entirely based off of scientific research.
2. You're the one who called me wrong, like literally the previous sentence. You cant try to force someone to read a whole book before talking to you when thy already have other sources of information.
babe i just asked you a question. i didn't offer to give you a crash course on nutrition.
from what i see you're not informed enough for me to take seriously. is that arrogant? absolutely. i just genuinely don't care.

there's people in here taking this thread seriously and what not but i don't expect at all that anything i say, no matter how accurate, will actually make an impact on the wonderful population of myanimelist dot net, so i'm just taking the piss.

and yeah i removed the line after because it was concerning someone else's comment?
as for ~health concerns of veganism~ yeah obviously there are. like with every other way of eating. if you're not eating healthy you're gonna fuck up your heath. duuuh. and not all vegans are healthy, some people still stuff themselves with junk food or don't get in enough calories.
a proper plant based diet is the healthiest thing you can do to your body.
deadoptimist said:
Mar 27, 2016 1:59 PM

Jul 2015
kawaiiyuris said:
Clebardman said:

lolzy

an opinion thread asks precisely for opinions on vegans. so if someone thinks vegans are awesome they're supposed to say it. it is the literal point of the thread.

the ~shitfest~ started when people posted factually wrong opinions, were corrected, then flipped shit. or when people flat out insulted vegetarians/vegans.

stop twisting what happened out of a personal dislike for a group of people, this is some immahnoob level bullshit and you're better than that fam

Tsss... I've seen this debate a billion times. No, I have no particular dislike for vegans. I'm not going to go any further in that discussion because I lost interest a long time ago, but I'll just say this: I worked in various farms in my life, and I'll switch to veganism the day agriculture becomes a reasonnable and responsible industry.

I must also say that studies on the subject are pretty much all biased and/or misinterpreted anyway. With so much money on the table, it's safe to say nobody cares about your health that much.
Mar 27, 2016 2:01 PM

Oct 2014
CondemneDio said:
Meat smells like shit when someone's cooking it, too.

I get physically fucking nauseated when I can smell meat.
Mar 27, 2016 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
Clebardman said:
the day agriculture becomes a reasonnable and responsible industry.

???
What do you mean by this, I'm genuinely curious? Meat industry is part of agriculture too :D
Mar 27, 2016 2:03 PM

Jul 2015
CondemneDio said:
Clebardman said:
the day agriculture becomes a reasonnable and responsible industry.

???
What do you mean by this, I'm genuinely curious? Meat industry is part of agriculture too :D

Yeah, but I also have the feeling that you're misunderstanding on purpose.
Mar 27, 2016 2:03 PM

Jul 2015
my bff and best friend both are vegetarian. so obviously i dont really care. as long as they arent bragging about it all the time. they can eat whatever they want. i personally wont ever be able to become a vegetarian, because i like meat to much.
#6daysaweek
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Mar 27, 2016 2:05 PM

Jan 2013
Clebardman said:
CondemneDio said:

???

No seriously dude.
If agriculture is not respectable, shouldn't you not eat anything at all? You're not making much sense here :(
Mar 27, 2016 2:05 PM

May 2009
Well, raising cattle for meat costs a lot of resources, but I can't imagine my life without actual meat. Plus, I find the whole movement kinda stupid.

As for becoming one myself, being a vegetarian of vegan means you need to have a tight control over your diet, and I know for a fact that I couldn't keep that up for long.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2016 2:07 PM

Jul 2015
CondemneDio said:
Clebardman said:

No seriously dude.
If agriculture is not respectable, shouldn't you not eat anything at all? You're not making much sense here :(

No, you're the one making zero sense. OFC I eat, otherwise I'd die. But if you think Monsanto is going to save the world with mutant, sterile and cloned corn, fertilizers, pesticides and monoculture, you're wrong.
Mar 27, 2016 2:07 PM

Jan 2016
CondemneDio said:

I think he means the way that some animals are treated when they are being grown for food, and how they are constantly being administered antibiotics to make up for poor breeding and living conditions. This highly increases the chance of creating an antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which of these 6 things matters most to you?

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

30 by 0arche »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think we will have Terminator-like robots or will we have Detroit Become Human-like robots in the future?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

3 by deg »»
1 hour ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again? ( 1 2 )

KiraraFan - May 7

58 by MalchikRepaid »»
1 hour ago

» Vent thread. ( 1 2 )

Spooks - Oct 7, 2013

90 by Mirania »»
2 hours ago

» Anime convention stories

PAPOrr - Apr 19, 2023

11 by MalchikRepaid »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.