Forum Settings
Forums

Staff and Lead Singer of 'Macross Δ' TV Anime Announced

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 29, 2015 1:27 PM

Jul 2012
God fucking dammit it looks horrible and this is coming from a Macross/Kawamori fanboy..
at least the planes are nice
הלב שלי כבר מת
Oct 29, 2015 1:55 PM

Apr 2011
I still need to finish the original Macross
Oct 29, 2015 2:41 PM
Jul 2015
This'll be my first Macross so i hope it turns out good. Also the lead singer sounds nice.
Oct 29, 2015 2:45 PM
Feb 2015
As Macross fan, just the fact that there is something new already makes me happy. I liked the new look, and I do not think it's something less than Macross Frontier. Unfortunately the little that has been shown so far does not allow a better evaluation. I hope that the story make any reference to previous productions to keep the chronology.

I see no problem with the protagonist seem like a "loli" or the formation of a group of idols. It does not bother me the presence of a group of guys. Producers have more is to take advantage of what is on the rise in recent years to well sell your product. Maybe with all this they get a proportion of public similar to that of "Love Live!" (60% men - 40% women).

Antanaru said:
Oh balls, looks like a cross between Gundam 00 and some school idol series.

And what's wrong with that??? Thinking by the side of the producers, it is important that sells well, and to reach the largest possible share of fans. The basic elements of Macross always been music, romance (especially the love triangle), and transformable mecha. You can also include space battles, space travel, action, adventure and fantasy. And now they're adding new elements to try to attract a new audience.

Or do you think it would be better a mixture of "Terraformars" with "Parasyte"? Or a version of "Rokka no Yuusha" in the twenty-second century (mecha + magic + swordplay)?
Oct 29, 2015 3:21 PM

Oct 2007
None of those girls will even begin to compare to Sheryl Nome.

I have really high expectations for this, Macross never fails to deliver.
Oct 29, 2015 3:24 PM
Oct 2010
Kuromii said:
None of those girls will even begin to compare to Sheryl Nome.

I have really high expectations for this, Macross never fails to deliver.

From the large screen I'd argue purple hair is supposed to be a sheryl clone.
Oct 30, 2015 8:06 AM

Sep 2011
zetsu_shoren said:
bigger dicks pics for bigger phags

Looks like a full female cast tbh.

I've had this franchise on my PTW for a long time now. Going to start watching the whole thing soon to get pumped for this season.

mayukachan said:
Antanaru said:
It is bad. They don't look attractive, they look like fags that fuel fujoshi's sick imagination. It was bad in 00, it's even worse in Macross.
Fujoshis aren't sick lmao

It looks fine. They look great. Don't watch it if you hate the designs.

Not trying to judge, but I've always found it interesting how this kind of design is loved by fujoshi's. It is literally a woman with a mans body. There's hardly any male features on those designs other than the lack of breasts and slight bulge. I remember prior to the 90s bishonen craze, thanks to shows like Gundam Wing, there was far more variety in male designs. You had your pretty boys, muscular men, teens, middle age and old men. Now if it's a predominantly male cast aimed at attracting a majority female audience they all have to look like women in drag.
FullmetalRaikouOct 30, 2015 8:12 AM
Oct 30, 2015 12:26 PM

Jul 2012
Fullmetal89 said:
Not trying to judge, but I've always found it interesting how this kind of design is loved by fujoshi's. It is literally a woman with a mans body. There's hardly any male features on those designs other than the lack of breasts and slight bulge. I remember prior to the 90s bishonen craze, thanks to shows like Gundam Wing, there was far more variety in male designs. You had your pretty boys, muscular men, teens, middle age and old men. Now if it's a predominantly male cast aimed at attracting a majority female audience they all have to look like women in drag.
lol

Fujoshis love Jojo, Saint Seiya and Hajime no Ippo. Is that feminine enough for you?

They look like boys. Stop calling everything feminine because they don't look like Guts or Jojo characters.
Oct 30, 2015 6:13 PM

Sep 2011
mayukachan said:
Fullmetal89 said:
lol

Fujoshis love Jojo, Saint Seiya and Hajime no Ippo. Is that feminine enough for you?

They look like boys. Stop calling everything feminine because they don't look like Guts or Jojo characters.

I wasn't saying they didn't, I was pointing out that most shows now aimed a fujoshi's have very effeminate characters. Those three you mentioned are from the 80s-90s.
Oct 30, 2015 6:16 PM

Aug 2014
Holding out hope for the music, I guess.
QuattroVaginasOct 30, 2015 7:29 PM
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 31, 2015 6:28 AM

Sep 2011
Yack Deculture!
Oct 31, 2015 8:23 AM

Jun 2009
Freaking fujoshi bait anime again!
Oct 31, 2015 7:46 PM

Jul 2012
Fullmetal89 said:
Those three you mentioned are from the 80s-90s.
Jojo is 2012 wtf
And there's nothing wrong with "effeminate" characters? lmfao sorry u can't have ur manly men to self insert into :'( boohoo

Do you see me complaining about all the ugly ass lolis in anime and wanting more realistic girls? no because i don't fucking care

IZUMI64 said:

Good!
Oct 31, 2015 8:12 PM

Sep 2011
mayukachan said:
Fullmetal89 said:
Those three you mentioned are from the 80s-90s.
Jojo is 2012 wtf
And there's nothing wrong with "effeminate" characters? lmfao sorry u can't have ur manly men to self insert into :'( boohoo

Do you see me complaining about all the ugly ass lolis in anime and wanting more realistic girls? no because i don't fucking care

IZUMI64 said:

Good!

>Jojo is 2012

Most recent Jojo adaptation is based on a manga written between 1989 and 1992. Again, you are wrong. I find it amusing that you are so defensive. I was merely curious as to why hyper effeminate characters are by and large much more common nowadays. I don't really care either way, I was curious.

All I got from my back and forth with you is that questioning why the fujoshi fanbase likes something is futile because "muh husbando."
Oct 31, 2015 9:38 PM

Jul 2011
Dang can't believe it's been so long since I watched Macross F... Will watch this for the music at least since I always enjoy that.

mayukachan said:
IZUMI64 said:

Good!

Amen
previously UnhappyRefrain - non-binary - they/them - California
Tumblr - Twitter - Youtube - DeviantArt
old sig
Oct 31, 2015 9:40 PM

Jul 2012
Fullmetal89 said:
mayukachan said:
Jojo is 2012 wtf

Good!

>Jojo is 2012

Most recent Jojo adaptation is based on a manga written between 1989 and 1992. Again, you are wrong. I find it amusing that you are so defensive. I was merely curious as to why hyper effeminate characters are by and large much more common nowadays. I don't really care either way, I was curious.

All I got from my back and forth with you is that questioning why the fujoshi fanbase likes something is futile because "muh husbando."

but jojo is 2012. the anime adaptation is, you can't deny that lmao
they could have changed the artstyle but they stuck with the old one.

literally all of the fujoshis i know IRL liked jojo because of the new 2012 version.

i'm not being defensive, you sound defensive of your masculine character designs. this was a good decision on the production company's part.
Nov 1, 2015 2:46 AM

Dec 2013
Antanaru said:
if it's possible to do worse than M7.

7 is the essence of Kawamori. We need more stuff like that. Maybe with some fixes but more like that than Zero for example.
Nov 1, 2015 2:18 PM

Apr 2008
10 planes?! (5 girls, 5 boys)!

OK =D
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» New 'Keroro Gunsou' Anime Project Announced

DatRandomDude - Mar 31

13 by LuminousXstar »»
3 hours ago

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for June

Aiimee - 4 hours ago

0 by Aiimee »»
4 hours ago

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - May 31

13 by 210200 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Mayonaka Punch' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 1:48 AM

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses [Update 5/31]

Snow - Apr 5

3 by Snow »»
Yesterday, 10:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.