Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 15, 2014 2:58 PM

Mar 2014
snaphat said:
mclovinballz said:
Trust me, I was at it a good hour or 2 of re seating it. After retinking though, even if I did get it to work with my prebuilt, I don't think I would keep using it because the airflow is bad for my case and gets dusty. I don't want to risk the wearing down or getting dust in the GPU fans after I get the rest of the parts which I will have to get eventually, seeing as how I'm studying 3d modelling and animation.

Hmm, well I would test the card with another system if possible before the warranty goes. It could be DOA.

I probably will this weekend, my friend come back home from the Army and want me to help build his system. If that is the case, I hope I don't get screwed with the RMA cause I've heard mixed opinions on XFX.
Apr 15, 2014 3:18 PM

Nov 2013
mclovinballz said:
snaphat said:
mclovinballz said:
Trust me, I was at it a good hour or 2 of re seating it. After retinking though, even if I did get it to work with my prebuilt, I don't think I would keep using it because the airflow is bad for my case and gets dusty. I don't want to risk the wearing down or getting dust in the GPU fans after I get the rest of the parts which I will have to get eventually, seeing as how I'm studying 3d modelling and animation.

Hmm, well I would test the card with another system if possible before the warranty goes. It could be DOA.

I probably will this weekend, my friend come back home from the Army and want me to help build his system. If that is the case, I hope I don't get screwed with the RMA cause I've heard mixed opinions on XFX.

I think there are mixed reviews on most of the gpu resellers. If you need a second opinion at any point, I can give it a shot.
Need technical discussion? I can help! How i sell my method:
Very well.
Apr 15, 2014 3:33 PM

Dec 2013
I bought a Pokémon Ruby cart, turns out it was a bootleg version of some rubbish platformer.
Apr 15, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2013
I'd say Diablo 3, although I was able to make 500$ real money by selling my inventory before quitting.
Apr 15, 2014 4:07 PM

Jan 2014
this shitty cm storm recon mouse
the driver sucks, and i shouldn't have bought an ambidextrous mouse
[right]
Apr 15, 2014 4:28 PM

Jan 2014
Every crappy game that has ever existed for Xbox is what I regret buying.

Examples:
Duke Nukem Forever
Sonic the Hedgehog
Transformers: The Game
Brink
Superman Returns
Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis (Soooooooooooo bad, worse than eating nails)
Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust
Rogue Warrior
Self-Defense Training Camp (Worst kinect game ever)
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor (Probably worst in history)

Apr 15, 2014 4:36 PM

Feb 2014
FAllout 3
Zero Suit Samus/ Meta Knight
M2k
DBZ
Apr 15, 2014 5:25 PM

Apr 2014
Probably a lot.

The only real gripe I have is that so many developers now make the single players campaigns ridiculously short. Its not even funny paying 40-50 pounds for something you can casually finish or almost finish in about half a day.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Apr 15, 2014 6:16 PM

Dec 2009
In complete agreement with you dude, it is skyrim on the ps3 for me. Battle for 10 minutes, run around for four fucking hours.. needless to say I returned it within a week but since it was opened I only got like 25$ back for it.
Apr 15, 2014 6:29 PM

Aug 2012
Beats Headphone
Sim City
Dragon Age 2

...srsly. I literally threw my hard-earned money.
Apr 15, 2014 6:32 PM

Jan 2014
I have like 50+ games on steam that I've bought during sales and haven't played a single one of them yet. I regret that I guess.
Apr 15, 2014 6:35 PM

Mar 2014
Syndrical said:
I have like 50+ games on steam that I've bought during sales and haven't played a single one of them yet. I regret that I guess.

http://gaben.amigocraft.net/
Apr 16, 2014 12:41 AM
Nov 2008
i like how 'for full price' is some kind of regret. like, you'd enjoy it if you paid less or something? lol.
Apr 16, 2014 12:54 AM

Oct 2012
Heredity said:
i like how 'for full price' is some kind of regret. like, you'd enjoy it if you paid less or something? lol.

Well, I'd rather have bought it for 20 euros than 70 euros if it's gonna be shit. Get what I'm saying?
Apr 16, 2014 1:01 AM
Nov 2008
Greenward said:
Heredity said:

Well, I'd rather have bought it for 20 euros than 70 euros if it's gonna be shit. Get what I'm saying?
that's not gonna change the game though.
Apr 16, 2014 1:03 AM

Oct 2012
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:

Of course not, but if I paid less for it then I wouldn't regret that much.
Apr 16, 2014 1:06 AM
Nov 2008
Greenward said:
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:

sounds dumb. the game's still gonna be shit, and you'd still be a certain amount out of pocket. :/
Apr 16, 2014 1:14 AM

Oct 2012
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:

sounds dumb. the game's still gonna be shit, and you'd still be a certain amount out of pocket. :/

Still would've wasted less money though. That's the point.
Apr 16, 2014 1:29 AM

Nov 2013
Greenward said:
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:

Its alll about buyers remorse. I always wait until <=$10 sales for that reason. Even bad games, I'm okay with at that price
Very well.
Apr 16, 2014 1:38 AM
Nov 2008
Greenward said:
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:

it's called a refund.

*googles*

and steam doesn't do them. lol.
no-thanksApr 16, 2014 2:12 AM
Apr 16, 2014 3:11 AM
Apr 2014
Rayath said:
Greenward said:

I bought Skyrim at full price for a console.

Ouch.

For me, it would have to be Dragon Age 2 and The Witcher 2, both for the pc. Hated DA2, Witcher wasn't bad, I just didn't play it that much, so yeah...

I feel your pain...
Apr 16, 2014 3:15 AM

Sep 2012
bf4 premium ..... i have reached level 110 after 3 weeks and stopped playing
Apr 16, 2014 4:32 AM

Mar 2014
Heredity said:
it's called a refund.

*googles*

And that's what you get for supporting a baka such as Gabe Newell in not allowing people to refund.

Either you buy on Steam knowing full well you're either going to regret it or not to regret it, or don't do anything at all (what I learn from Binding of Isaac). Just don't bash EA afterwards cause its got refunds and a stable client!

Other purchases I regret though... umm... nope. Why do you regret these Steam purchases? Because you can't refund them, but at the same time, unable to blame the person with the least IQ in the world (the ultimate baka Gabe Newell) for not allowing you to refund. Logic.

Music purchases could work perhaps? I did buy a song off Amazon and... umm...
Tsun_PookaApr 16, 2014 4:41 AM
Apr 16, 2014 6:38 AM

Jun 2013
Champions/skin in LoL.

Especially Zyra and the Haunted Zyra skin. I like it but I suck at playing Zyra.
Apr 16, 2014 6:44 AM
Dec 2013
Black ops
MW3
Black ops 2

I wasted heaps of time playing competitive with these games.
Apr 16, 2014 6:48 AM

Jan 2014
ScazoN said:
Black ops
MW3
Black ops 2

CoD 2 was loads of fun to play competitively though. Rifle-only matches were the best.
Apr 16, 2014 7:08 AM
Dec 2013
Yhuuro said:
ScazoN said:
Black ops
MW3
Black ops 2

CoD 2 was loads of fun to play competitively though. Rifle-only matches were the best.

That was the shit! Sniper-only mode on all cods were loads of fun. Except Black ops 1(no rego)
Apr 16, 2014 7:22 AM

Jan 2014
ScazoN said:
Yhuuro said:
ScazoN said:
Black ops
MW3
Black ops 2

That was the shit! Sniper-only mode on all cods were loads of fun. Except Black ops 1(no rego)

Too bad all the wannabe quickscopers came during the MW2 days, though. they gave sniping such a bad reputation...
Apr 16, 2014 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
DayZ Standalone.
Apr 16, 2014 7:27 AM

Jan 2013
kiotsuga- said:

you didnt hit 110 after 3 weeks.
Apr 16, 2014 7:39 AM

Aug 2013
Diablo 3 at full price a couple months after it came out. Some friends had it, but man did we get bored of it fast.
Apr 16, 2014 8:12 AM

Nov 2013
Lord_Pooka said:
Heredity said:
it's called a refund.

*googles*

And that's what you get for supporting a baka such as Gabe Newell in not allowing people to refund.

Either you buy on Steam knowing full well you're either going to regret it or not to regret it, or don't do anything at all (what I learn from Binding of Isaac). Just don't bash EA afterwards cause its got refunds and a stable client!

Other purchases I regret though... umm... nope. Why do you regret these Steam purchases? Because you can't refund them, but at the same time, unable to blame the person with the least IQ in the world (the ultimate baka Gabe Newell) for not allowing you to refund. Logic.

Music purchases could work perhaps? I did buy a song off Amazon and... umm...

He bought the game for console, guys...
Very well.
Apr 16, 2014 9:36 AM
bunny enthusiast

Dec 2012
Why should Steam have a refund option? I have no idea how it works with EA, but in my head it sounds like a way to play unlimited games for free, even if just for a little while. Also Steam has loads of sales all the time. I'm not sure if it's a huge loss if you happen to buy a really really cheap game you don't really like that much.

I regret buying some champions and skins in League of Legends. Also Pokémon White was full of trash, wouldn't have bought it if I knew BW2 was that much better. XY wasn't worth of the full price either. Conclusion, no more Pokémon purchases. D:
Apr 16, 2014 10:12 AM

Dec 2012
When Dead Island 2 was on sale, I for some stupid reason also got Dead Island 1 just so I could have the whole collection. Worst $5 purchase of my life.
Apr 16, 2014 10:31 AM

Mar 2014
Probably most of the micro-transactions of every MMO game i've played. :/

Counting now i've spent more than $1000 of them which i didn't realize till now
Apr 16, 2014 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
Moenyan said:
Probably most of the micro-transactions of every MMO game i've played. :/

Counting now i've spent more than $1000 of them which i didn't realize till now
I feel you broseph.. I recently took a peek at how much $$$ I spent on steam's market in the past year.. 500$
Apr 16, 2014 11:59 AM

Mar 2014
Mynorchie said:
Why should Steam have a refund option? I have no idea how it works with EA, but in my head it sounds like a way to play unlimited games for free, even if just for a little while. Also Steam has loads of sales all the time. I'm not sure if it's a huge loss if you happen to buy a really really cheap game you don't really like that much.

Yeah, because in order to play these unlimited games for free, you need a set price just to go free for an unlimited period of time. That's why refund rules are there in the first place on nearly everything you refund, so you don't come back to the mobile shop and refund your Samsung for an iPhone, then your iPhone for an HTC, then your HTC for a Sony at will.

Here's EA's refund policy on Origin:
You may return EA full game digital downloads (PC/Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first. This is in addition to your standard return or refund rights.

Here's how:

Visit your Order History and select the "Request a Refund" link next to any eligible product.
Complete and submit the Refund Request Form.
You'll get a response within 48 hours and your refund within 10 days if you meet the refund criteria.
DLC and non-EA games purchased on Origin are excluded from the Great Game Guarantee. So, this is a guarantee for full game (a.k.a. "base game") digital downloads published by EA for now, including full games on pre-order and most full games on promotional discount.

In a nut-shell, to refund a game (but not DLC and non-EA games), you can refund it if
A) 7 days hadn't passed after the initial purchase/release date
B) 24 hours after launching the game

The response will be there in around 48 hours and the refund in 10 days.

I think the refund period of 10 days is quite an intelligent part on EA's side of things, because even if you do attempt to refund and then buy, you're going to have to wait at least 10 days between each attempt of that.

But then, people are regretting most of their sale purchases, so saying that Steam has sales which makes the losses much less won't deter from the fact that people regret their purchases. Is this why Baka Newell's strategy works?!
Apr 16, 2014 2:41 PM

Jan 2012
I regret giving ActiBlizz my money for Diablo III even though I made more from that game than I put into it. I also regret most of the early access games I have bought into that no longer update/linger in alpha for years.
Apr 16, 2014 4:07 PM
bunny enthusiast

Dec 2012
Lord_Pooka said:
Mynorchie said:

--

In a nut-shell, to refund a game (but not DLC and non-EA games), you can refund it if
A) 7 days hadn't passed after the initial purchase/release date
B) 24 hours after launching the game

The response will be there in around 48 hours and the refund in 10 days.

I think the refund period of 10 days is quite an intelligent part on EA's side of things, because even if you do attempt to refund and then buy, you're going to have to wait at least 10 days between each attempt of that.

But then, people are regretting most of their sale purchases, so saying that Steam has sales which makes the losses much less won't deter from the fact that people regret their purchases. Is this why Baka Newell's strategy works?!
Thanks, now it sounds a bit more reasonable! I was worried if there were no limitations at all, but the "10 days between attempts"-strategy seems logical. For example in League of Legends you're allowed to refund your in-game purchases up to three times, and that kind of limitations make people think beforehand if they really need to buy the thing x.

Also I didn't imply that it's completely okay if you don't pay much for a bad game but do pay something. It's just a fact that it feels much better if you happen to lose a couple of euros over a not-so-good game than if you pay the full price. It makes gamers feel better and it gives Valve profit - so I guess that's an ingenious strategy. :D

These days it's just assumed that people watch trailers and read reviews before buying a game. You can't give back intact furniture you suddenly don't like just like that, so I don't see a problem with not getting back all of your money if there are no problems within the game itself.

tl;dr don't buy expensive games if you're not sure if you don't like it. If it's cheap and you weren't sure, think positively: at least you didn't lose as much as you could've lost.
Apr 16, 2014 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
Darkvoid. Game was literally 3 hours long, boring as hell story where nothing is accomplished. Has a cliff hanger ending because fuck the player. And the gameplay was boring as hell.
Apr 16, 2014 4:50 PM
Jan 2013
Like none.

I don't purchase a game if I'm not gonna enjoy it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2014 7:35 PM

Sep 2011
SolviteSekai said:
kiotsuga- said:

you didnt hit 110 after 3 weeks.

Probably possible with that experience boost and playing all day every day =/

I'd regret BF4 like others but I only bought non premium on sale for $25 because of all the rumors and how BF3 was.. I had to make sure I didn't get ripped off. Seriously? $50 for the game and another $60 for premium? $110 + tax? Wow. Some maps that I already paid for on BF3 are just re-released and I have to pay for it again to play them? FK that. Last EA game I'm buying.

I think I might of regret buying UT3 years back because I barely played it and just went back to 2004.
NEETs (No Employment Education Training) are the least desirable people anybody would want to hire and yet they are the first choice to become moderators/admins around the internet. They have yet to have established a sense of responsibility or role in society and many are plain leeches (with minor exceptions). They are given "authority" to police sections of the internet with the powers of The Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Isn't that weird?
-Migrating to another site-
Update 11/9/2016 - Inactive Over a Year. Logged in to laugh at elections.
Apr 16, 2014 7:45 PM

Sep 2011
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:
Greenward said:
Heredity said:

it's called a refund.

*googles*

pc master race right

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 16, 2014 7:49 PM

Mar 2014
JizzyHitler said:
pc master race right

http://gaben.tv/
Apr 16, 2014 9:35 PM
Aug 2011
I seriously regret purchasing Hyperdimension Neptunia Limited Edition.

I was SOOOOOO sure I'd like this game I bough the copy that came with a freakin' huge artbook, making the thing not fit on my shelf unless I put it sideways. The game is so monotonous and boring, but I fooled myself into playing it because I spent money on the damn thing.

Also, Final Fantasy Tactics, because it's the slowest moving game I've ever played.
Apr 16, 2014 11:43 PM

Mar 2014
Mynorchie said:
Thanks, now it sounds a bit more reasonable! I was worried if there were no limitations at all, but the "10 days between attempts"-strategy seems logical. For example in League of Legends you're allowed to refund your in-game purchases up to three times, and that kind of limitations make people think beforehand if they really need to buy the thing x.

Well, I guess Origin's system is much fairer than LoL's IAP refund system; they never said you have up to three refunds and you have to think carefully.

Also I didn't imply that it's completely okay if you don't pay much for a bad game but do pay something. It's just a fact that it feels much better if you happen to lose a couple of euros over a not-so-good game than if you pay the full price. It makes gamers feel better and it gives Valve profit - so I guess that's an ingenious strategy. :D

Yeah, you're right about that, but think when people buy hoards of bundles with these couple of euros. Let's say instead of buying a game for 60$, you bought a hundred cheap games with 60$ off an indie bundle but you don't play them and regret their purchases. There's no way to get all these things refunded, especially the ones you don't like. Had there been a refund system, I would've sent away my Binding of Isaac copy just as I knew its terrible, but sadly I'm stuck with it.

These days it's just assumed that people watch trailers and read reviews before buying a game. You can't give back intact furniture you suddenly don't like just like that, so I don't see a problem with not getting back all of your money if there are no problems within the game itself.

But a game isn't furniture. What you see is what you get in the case of furniture. In the case of gaming however, you need to have sharp eyes and a level of expectations in order to reach the level of "what you see is what you get". You have to make sure a game isn't that badly buggy for the person, would run on the computer, would have elements that are lovely, etc. Sure a review might help, but try reading a review for an FPS game like the many hundred other ones you've played and figure out whether you want that FPS or not.

Steam only refunds pre-orders at the moment, and maybe that confirms the theory, Baka Newell wants you to pay a lot for the bundles, have your money, and get away with it unscratched because hey, he's Gabe Newell.
Apr 17, 2014 5:04 AM

Jan 2012
So many salty emo tears shed over Steam. OP bought on console so why you decided to derail this thread is beyond me, also, welcome to the digital model. You don't purchase a copy of the game you purchase a license. It is non refundable so you had better think about it before you steal your mommies credit card again. Faulty products, falsely advertised games and pre-orders are refunded on request. Without this model Steam would not be able to give the huge discounts that it does across the board and at the end of the day it is not the only platform on PC to get games from so suck it up man.
Apr 17, 2014 5:25 AM

Mar 2014
Hulmy said:
Like none.

Unless you're some kind of wizard, you can't know that for sure 100% of the time.
Apr 17, 2014 9:18 AM

Mar 2014
Cyaegha said:
Hulmy said:
Like none.

Unless you're some kind of wizard, you can't know that for sure 100% of the time.

Its called being a pirate.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3589 by Phloup »»
2 hours ago

» Cult Classic Game LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW RePOP set to release later this year

tchitchouan - Yesterday

3 by Amityblight »»
4 hours ago

» Best site to rate and discuss video games?

lucjan - Jun 10

4 by BlexFi5 »»
8 hours ago

» What are you're favourite Pokémon Games?

Pg13_ - May 27

22 by GinInYourJuice »»
9 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

559 by _doll »»
Yesterday, 8:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.