Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 29, 2009 10:46 AM

Jul 2009
This is going to be a nice come back for welkin n alicia..after her cold statement earlier in the episode...

So with Isara's left..will Welkin "Lost" again just like when his father died?? or Alicia come to comfort him??

I more prefer Welkin MOARRR to that f***in General (I forgot his name) who sent squad 7 to dangerous mission even though that base not really important acording to the earlier statement...

From the preview i didn't see Welkin sad or angry..is this guy have an emotion? or in his head he only thinks about animal...

Nice Cliffhanger...need find another show first..
Jul 29, 2009 11:40 AM

Jun 2009
I'm depressed now :(, i was starting to like Isara too. I can't wait till the next episode!!!
Jul 29, 2009 5:28 PM

May 2009
Whhhhaaaaatttt?! So sudden! The hell.... ;_;
Jul 29, 2009 5:57 PM
Jan 2009
Crap.
Jul 29, 2009 7:47 PM
Apr 2009
sadness!
I think the aftermath of Isara's death is going to be very sad. I hope it is at least, the preview didn't look as sad as i thought it would be.

Overall a good episode. Now Welkin doesn't have Isara to "come home to", so what is he going to do about AliciaxFaldio.

I really feel bad for Ramal ... :*(
Jul 29, 2009 8:43 PM

May 2009
I was so happy when they won and then what a shocker. War sucks
-=Dear gravity don't let me go, hold me like the winter holds the cold=-
Jul 29, 2009 10:16 PM
Mar 2008
OMG! Poor Ramal. I was hoping for more Isara x Ramal and this suddenly happened. Never expected a show like this will kill off a main character. *sigh*

Even at the last few seconds of the show, I was thinking: Oh she got shot, but then she's one of the leading characters which usually means immortality for most shows; I didn't really think of it much. I only glanced the preview a bit and it did not seem overly sad so I never thought Isara is permanently dead. Huhu. T_T
Jul 29, 2009 10:25 PM

Oct 2007
Holy shit, that was intense. I'd heard some rumors of people dying, but Isara!? Ah man, her character had really been growing on me the last few episodes. But the previous for the next episode seemed a little too lighthearted, maybe she's not dead?

Damnit, I always hate it when I lose someone from my party in a game. Where's the reset button!?
Jul 29, 2009 10:34 PM

Jul 2008
Charliehsv said:
So I finally got around to watch it. It was pure torture to watch this episode while already knowing that Isara was going to die. ;_;

Completely diferent for me.
I haven't played the game but I got spoiled that Isara would die in this episode, it did not have any impact on me. I usually find a lot of scene touching or sad that people couldn't care less about and I couldn't see how the scene was sad, it was plain bad executed.
Now if you played the game I'm pretty much sure the scene is way more intense, adaptation always mess up important scene and make them look semi-important or non important at all and it is easy to feel sad just because you remember how you felt when playing the game.
Jul 30, 2009 6:53 AM

Jul 2009
Well i don't know much about the game..coz i don't have any PS3 machine...VC is running on PS3 correct?? well if there is a PC version i will absolutely buy it....

Isara's death is somehow obvious especially when u think that Alicia X Welkin is the main plot..up until now Welkin always feel comfortable when Isara still around just like RubbyRedRabbit said..she is the place where Welkin can go home..so if Isara still around then Alicia x Welkin relationship will be still stalemate..probably worse..
Jul 30, 2009 11:20 AM
Dec 2007
Direction and animation are really improving lately in Valkyria Chronicles, and that's good. On the bad side, the script is really basic, the setting not always right, and the main event of the episode was blown out in the preview of the last episode and the intro of this episode; it was extremely obvious, and the scene in which it happened was not really well put into practice. There are ways to do it properly, but A1-Pictures didn't succeed.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 30, 2009 2:41 PM

Aug 2007
.__.

I knew it was coming, even saw screen shots (and I've played the game), yet it still hurts. Ruined my day off.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jul 30, 2009 4:16 PM

Oct 2007
Laevantein said:
Isara's death is somehow obvious especially when u think that Alicia X Welkin is the main plot..up until now Welkin always feel comfortable when Isara still around just like RubbyRedRabbit said..she is the place where Welkin can go home..so if Isara still around then Alicia x Welkin relationship will be still stalemate..probably worse..

I was thinking killing Faldio would've been a more obvious way to resolve the love triangle. I never saw Isara as causing a stalement b/t Alica x Welkin.

Poor Ramal. I really liked how that pairing was coming along.
Jul 31, 2009 7:09 AM

Jul 2008
That was unfortunate. Isara has been growing on me that last few episodes. This is war however, and I was thinking that the squad needed a casualty so that we can see their reactions. So I'll await squad 7's reactions in the coming episodes.
Jul 31, 2009 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
OH MY GOD Isara please don't die T_T
Jul 31, 2009 9:02 AM
Apr 2008
Laevantein said:

Oh god, I hate Ramal. Isara: awesome. Ramal: I hate him almost as much as I hate Shin from Seed Destiny. The only silver lining in Isara's death is the hope that Ramal will get less screen time.
ShowersJul 31, 2009 11:55 AM
Jul 31, 2009 10:47 AM
Apr 2009
rabbitpoets said:
Laevantein said:

I was thinking killing Faldio would've been a more obvious way to resolve the love triangle. I never saw Isara as causing a stalement b/t Alica x Welkin.

I liked how the pairing of RamalxIsara was coming along aswell. What I meant was that, Isara and Welkin obviously have a very close relationship, and Welkin seems like the kind of guy that, when he feels "safe", he doesn't feel the need to venture outside of his emotional safe zone. Isara is like his emotional safe zone. She'll always be there for him, and he knows it... whereas with Alicia, he likes her but there isn't anything motivating him to step out of his comfort zone and go after her, especially because his friend likes her too. Thats why I believe they showed him going back to the room that Isara was in, rather than chase after Alicia when she yelled at him.
With Isara gone however, who can he turn to? He might be able to find the motivation to seek comfort elsewhere (Alicia) because he no longer has his own comfort zone.

Hopefully that made sense? >_>
Jul 31, 2009 4:32 PM
Jan 2008
noooooooo!!!!!!!!!! good episode
Aug 1, 2009 1:18 AM
Feb 2009
Just when Rosie about to accept isara she gets shot amg >.<
Aug 1, 2009 4:58 PM

Mar 2009
nooo T_T didn't see that coming
Aug 2, 2009 3:48 AM

Mar 2009
sweeturk said:
nooo T_T didn't see that coming

Except those who played the game. They knew it was coming, they just didn't want to spoil it.
Aug 2, 2009 12:58 PM

Jun 2009
I wanted to see more from the D-Day like battle, I mean at least show some of the other squads/army get mowed down by machine guns or something. You don't just assault a concrete pillboxed cliff side on a beach with no cover other than smoke and not lose anyone. Rosie need to yell "Corpman!" after Isara was hit XD. But it is really too bad she was one of the least annoying characters in the show...why did they kill her off ;_ ;.
Aug 3, 2009 4:36 PM

Jun 2008
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKK

One of my fav characters! God damn this made me both sad and pissed off at the same time.
Aug 7, 2009 9:41 AM

Feb 2008
JadeMatrix said:
So no one ever dies? As soon as someone said that I began wondering who'd be gone by the end of the episode. A little shocking & disappointing, and doesn't seem to fit all too well with the feel of this anime. The whole scene felt quite artificial and contrived, but I guess it's that way a lot of times.

Same here. I was not shocked although I really liked Isara a lot. I felt somehow quite "uninvolved" when it happened. That scene could have been done much better. ;)
Aug 8, 2009 12:23 AM
Jul 2009
wait... seriously...?
Aug 9, 2009 2:06 AM

Jul 2008
not isara!!! i can't believe this, its that generals fault- thankfully it seems rosie is gonig to take the guy down a peg
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 9, 2009 8:57 AM

Aug 2008
Aaah, it's the one part I wish they had changed in the anime from the game :(((
Feels more dramatic in the game than in the anime for some reason.
Aug 16, 2009 5:11 PM

Nov 2007
Urgh, just my luck... I was behind with several episodes and all was fine until yesterday I got spoiled for the first death in squad 7 T^T Isaraaaaaa!

So... since in this anime people die... urgh, I just hope it's not Faldio next. He's got "doomed" written all over his face.
Aug 17, 2009 4:28 AM

Aug 2009
RAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGE! I WILL KILL YOU ALL DEMONS WHO KILLED ISARA!

Aug 19, 2009 9:05 PM

Jun 2008
Ok sorry but here we have a platoon running threw enemy fire and magically no one gets a bullet something that it's completely unrealistic but after they already won, the girl that was in the tank and technically was the most safe from bullets gets one from a sniper that no one knows how the fuck he got there. And except that during the battle they created smoke for the enemy but there tank that was also in the smoke could see perfectly?
Is it just me, or something is wrong here?

Other than that we saw the healing valkyria powers of Alicia and we heard about the mysterious blue light that destroys things which is probably Selvaria doing that blue energy thing we see in the opening.
The episode wasn't bad but the battle was too unrealistic.
MonadAug 19, 2009 9:08 PM
Aug 20, 2009 7:45 AM

Aug 2008
DAMN.
Aug 20, 2009 9:18 AM
Nov 2008
......what......the......fuuuuuuck????...ISARAAAAA!!!!!!!! @_@...nooo...-.-..OMFG..really didn't see that coming!!! ......damn..:(..now i'm sad
Aug 22, 2009 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
Why Isara?! So sad. :(
Sep 12, 2009 11:21 AM

Jul 2008
woah that was totally unexpected. omg i still cant believe what happened. and even such a stupid death. omg but i think it show us again how cruel it can be. until now there were nearly no victims. so its still something that will move the storyline forward.

Sep 30, 2009 11:36 PM

Apr 2009
this episode showed us why war really sucks...
Oct 2, 2009 2:19 AM

Aug 2007
oh wow the anime actually followed the game. where zaku with his tank!? and when the hell are they gonna show Maria with a sniper rilfe damnit!
Oct 4, 2009 11:54 AM

Jun 2008
No not Isara...NOT ISARA!!! WHY?!

:*(
Oct 28, 2009 5:51 AM

Apr 2009
NOOOOO~ >_< WHY?

I use my emotions when I watch anime and this made my day a hell of alot sadder.
NYAH! Now I have to go to bed all sad because Isara died! Nyahhhhhhhhh~ T_T
Mar 10, 2010 12:16 AM

Mar 2007
not that to say i was expecting this but it was expected. I was expecting it when they were fighting in the mines a few episodes back like int he game, but this was a perfect spot for her departure.

Still so mad about her dying in the game AND in the show :( she was definitely my #1 girl in the anime and #3 girl in the game. But finally some pivotal turning points are starting to surface. The plot should be steaming ahead pretty quick from here.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Apr 3, 2010 7:19 PM

Sep 2008
I'll admit that I teared up a little, but was totally cheering the death on. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2010 3:58 PM
Mar 2010
O.O!!! but but but but how how hoooooooow!?!? We are only at 17th episode!!!!
few episodes have left me so amazed.... I give him a round of applause
Jun 17, 2010 7:26 AM

Jun 2010
ISARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!! T________________T

;___________________________;
Jul 1, 2010 9:39 PM

Sep 2008
O_O

Uhm. Hard to comment on the episode as a whole when the episode itself had such a painful conclusion...

Welkin's ability to flip chance on its head and win against all odds is pretty amazing... And will Alicia ever be able to give an answer to Faldio? Seems avoidance is the name of the game at the moment.

Now. URRRRGH. Just when Rosie and Isara were about to reconcile... D: Isara doesn't deserve to die! D': D': I suppose I too was naive in expecting that all of the members of Squad 7 were going to make it through the series alive... ):
Sep 12, 2010 10:16 PM
Jul 2009
Knew it was going to happen but it still sucks...
Sep 18, 2010 3:17 PM
Feb 2008
A badly executed, totally artificial death scene. So one of the over 9000 characters I'm indifferent about dies. Finally. At least we see something interesting.
Oct 9, 2010 8:39 AM
Mar 2010
Argh why Isara, she was one of my favorite characters in this anime...
Oct 17, 2010 2:37 PM
Sep 2009
Poor Isara. The fact that she was an orphaned Darcsen makes it even sadder.

Great buildup...I can't believe I couldn't figure out that this was going to happen...now all that foreshadowing makes sense.

RIP ;__;
Dec 4, 2010 4:38 PM

Feb 2008
Jun 6, 2011 10:24 PM

Apr 2009
I haven't played the game so I wasn't expecting that... that was sad. The entire squad will be in shambles after this, especially Welkin and by extension Ramal too.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 8, 2011 5:29 AM

Apr 2009
ISARA!! ;_;

What a downer ending for the episode. Next episode will be a downer too, then. Welkin just lost his beloved adopted sister, and the squad lost its best mechanic, engineer & tank driver. Great, one of the few characters I really liked was killed off. Sucks to be Ramal now, but I hope I don't see any suicides after this.

Why couldn't it have been that pig Damon (sorry Hans) or even Faldio instead if Isara dying means the damned love triangle ends. If Welkin doesn't wake up even after this, I don't know what to think of him anymore. He'd better not let Isara's death be in vain.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.