Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (112) « First ... « 81 82 [83] 84 85 » ... Last »
Feb 26, 2014 9:35 AM

Aug 2010
Just started the 7th season of Bleach.

Man, I'm so behind >.< I have big plans to finish the series this year, but how it seems so unlikely.

Feb 26, 2014 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
Gundam: The 08th MS Team Episode 6 .

great 90s 12 episode OVA of gundam , the artwork is awesome , as are the character development , sadly there only 12 episodes ...

finishing this year haha... it took ya long enough
Feb 27, 2014 7:05 AM

Apr 2013
I could never really get into either mecha nor the really looooong "battle" animes (Bleach, DBZ, Naruto, etc). It just never interested me much.

I'm still watching Bakemonogatari 化物語,which has so far been absolutely phenomenal! There is so much depth in the conversations that I feel I'll need to re-watch it pending the ending doesn't upset me, lol. Definitely not an anime for everyone, but it's making its way to the top of my list (again, pending the ending)
Feb 27, 2014 9:27 AM

Aug 2010
Abolic said:

finishing this year haha... it took ya long enough

I think I started Bleach in 2010... so yeah feels like eternity. Seasons 1-3 were quite good, 4-5 were garbage and the the 6th was semi-good again. So it's like riding with a roller coaster.

Started Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.... lol, that anime is just hilarious.

Feb 27, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2011
I was thinking to start Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt too... You should post here when you finish it with your opinion too Lumikki.
I wouldnt want to start unless it's good

Feb 27, 2014 9:38 AM

Aug 2010
Tonyuuh said:
I was thinking to start Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt too... You should post here when you finish it with your opinion too Lumikki.
I wouldnt want to start unless it's good

Okey, I will let you hear my opinion once finished, but I can already tell you that if you don't mind about obscene humour, it's great.

Feb 27, 2014 9:44 AM

Jan 2011
@lumi

I was wondering, what do you think of Darker than Black so far?
Feb 27, 2014 9:58 AM

Aug 2010
billmurderface said:
@lumi

It's quite ok, the plot is bit messy tho, but I hope everything will be explained in the final episodes. Yin <3

Feb 27, 2014 10:13 AM

Jan 2011
Lumikki said:
billmurderface said:
@lumi

It's quite ok, the plot is bit messy tho, but I hope everything will be explained in the final episodes. Yin <3

if you liked Yin, you should like the last episodes...idk how much explanation it was...it was a while ago I watched it...but I liked the end I remember
Feb 27, 2014 10:17 AM

Aug 2010
billmurderface said:
Lumikki said:
billmurderface said:
@lumi

if you liked Yin, you should like the last episodes...idk how much explanation it was...it was a while ago I watched it...but I liked the end I remember

That's good to know and I shall trust your taste :)

Feb 27, 2014 10:23 AM

Jan 2012
I dunno about the Gemini sequel though. It's funny though because I enjoyed it more thoroughly, but rated it lower. Don't take my word for it though...

The in-between OVA was pretty clean though from what I remember. If only the rest of the series could've looked THAT good haha
Mar 1, 2014 7:32 AM

Aug 2013
OrigamiDJ said:
I could never really get into either mecha nor the really looooong "battle" animes (Bleach, DBZ, Naruto, etc). It just never interested me much.

The 08th MS team is not your standard Mecha ,it is infact a great (love) story in the course of 12 episodes (that is with mecha anime a wierd number of episodes ) but the art is soo great for an anime out of 1995

It gets a rating of 8.17

review:

jamesx33

"This gundam series differed completely from any other gundams I've watched."

ParaParaJMo

"A lot of Gundam fans will probably tell you this is definitely either the best Gundam series, or at least a top 5 one. Hell, maybe even one of the best animes of all time"

I simple believe that everyone should watch this one , not because of gundam but because it is simple an amazing anime :D
Mar 1, 2014 11:34 AM

Apr 2013
Abolic said:
OrigamiDJ said:

The 08th MS team is not your standard Mecha ,it is infact a great (love) story in the course of 12 episodes (that is with mecha anime a wierd number of episodes ) but the art is soo great for an anime out of 1995

Hmm... Great love story eh? Gonna have to check that out then
Mar 1, 2014 5:25 PM

Feb 2014
OrigamiDJ said:

I'm still watching Bakemonogatari 化物語,which has so far been absolutely phenomenal! There is so much depth in the conversations that I feel I'll need to re-watch it pending the ending doesn't upset me, lol. Definitely not an anime for everyone, but it's making its way to the top of my list (again, pending the ending)

ME TOO!!!! I always think about starting Naruto, Bleach, One Piece etc and fall short in my motivation. I'd rather try and read their manga but the anime just don't interest me that much. I'm super glad that you're enjoying Bakemonogatari though! It's one of my all time favs. The art, dialogue depth and plot is pure awesomeness.

One of the anime that I highly recommend involving some mecha but does not focus on it entirely or too heavily is Code Geass. Political intrigue, comedy, thriller, action, fantasy, and sci-fi all rolled into one epic awesomeness.
Mar 1, 2014 10:10 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah, I've heard a lot of people talking about Code Geass and saying it's in their top 5 if not all time favorite. Guess I'll have to check it out then ^.^

Glad to head about Bakemonogatari, haven't really heard much chatter about it so kinda wondering if it either doesn't live up to how amazing the first episodes are, or if it's more of a hidden gem (definitely hoping for the later, lol)

Although, one multiple-season anime I did get into was Gintama, but that one is just awesome, haha
Mar 2, 2014 6:50 AM

Apr 2011
code geass is awesome, i don't like the art that much but the story is great

nisekoi is really annoying me, so much potential but barely any plot development after like 10 episodes

also shit is going down in golden time, can't wait for next week

planning to go see the wind rises in theatres sometime this week also, i'm pumped
Mar 2, 2014 10:23 AM

Aug 2010
bbmello said:

planning to go see the wind rises in theatres sometime this week also, i'm pumped

I'm planning to see it in the movies also once it arrives here in April.

Mar 5, 2014 8:08 PM

Apr 2011
the wind rises is the worst, and i mean THE WORST movie i have ever seen in my life

maybe i missed the point of it but jesus christ was it ever boring as fuck, i'm never getting those 2 hours of my life back

i am so disappointed.... worst part is i took a couple of friends who are not into anime to go see it which made it even worse

fucking worst movie ever, i can appreciate it a little bit but holy fuck wow it was so god damn boring

i've had a few beers, so i apologize for my language

oh and i wasn't sure if i would be watching a sub or a dub, but to my dismay it was subbed and jesus christ was it fucking horrible. josheph levvit or whatever the fuck is a joke his expression didn't change throughout the whole movie

really, what a horrible experience, i know i'm over reacting but halfway through the movie i was just praying for it to be over
bbmelloMar 5, 2014 8:17 PM
Mar 6, 2014 7:28 AM

Aug 2013
I just started watching Ano Natsu de Matteru, and I'm really enjoying it. I like slice of life based plot. I'm not enjoying magic (when it takes first place in plot) or especially mecha and fight anime. Slice of life + drama + sci-fi + romance is the best combination for me (and ideal is when there is no more than 30 eps), so .. Ano Natsu de Matteru is such as it :)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 6, 2014 7:36 AM

Feb 2013
rsc-pl said:
I just started watching Ano Natsu de Matteru, and I'm really enjoying it. I like slice of life based plot. I'm not enjoying magic (when it takes first place in plot) or especially mecha and fight anime. Slice of life + drama + sci-fi + romance is the best combination for me (and ideal is when there is no more than 30 eps), so .. Ano Natsu de Matteru is such as it :)

I liked Ano natsu a lot. It was a nice story.
Mar 6, 2014 8:46 AM

Jan 2012
@mello
haha that was a fun read

@rsc-pl
A very pleasant anime and one of the biggest surprises of 2012 for me. I just loved the Toradora! vibe it had going (having been directed by the same person) and Remon is an unforgettable character. The romance was rather striking too.
Mar 6, 2014 11:26 AM

Aug 2010
Darker than Black first season completed. I think this anime was maybe bit above average. I really liked the ending since....

Also watched two episodes of Darker than Black Gaiden, damn those eps were awesome, I really wished the actual anime had more these kind of episodes.

Also, as a side note, picked up Mirai Nikki manga. Read 2/3 of the first volume and looks cool so far. Yuno is kinda creepy xD

Mar 10, 2014 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
It sure takes awhile to complete a series when you are busy haha. Completed Death Note and am really looking forward to starting Psycho-Pass soon.

Contains Death Note spoilers

I typed this all on my phone btw lol. I miss my compy.
Mar 10, 2014 11:15 AM

Aug 2010
Completed Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, the anime had ups and downs, but the final moments of the last ep.....

FULL TROLLING! Gainax never disappoints me 8D

Mar 10, 2014 7:48 PM

Apr 2011
any thoughts on kill la kill?

i watched the first 5 or 6 episodes then got kinda bored, debating whether i should continue it or not
Mar 11, 2014 6:35 AM

Apr 2013
bbmello said:

i watched the first 5 or 6 episodes then got kinda bored, debating whether i should continue it or not

I had it recommended to me, and just read a bit of stuff on it, so it actually looks really intriguing to me, but I have yet to see any of it. But you're saying it hasn't pulled you in with the first 5-6eps? Interesting, maybe I should reconsider...
Mar 12, 2014 11:08 AM

Aug 2010
Started C : The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. It's kinda weird, but at the same time very interesting.

I also started Sakamichi no Apollon not so long time ago. Very nice easygoing drama with good music. I think the composer is the same than in Cowboy Bebop.

Mar 12, 2014 11:22 AM

Apr 2011
OrigamiDJ said:
bbmello said:

I had it recommended to me, and just read a bit of stuff on it, so it actually looks really intriguing to me, but I have yet to see any of it. But you're saying it hasn't pulled you in with the first 5-6eps? Interesting, maybe I should reconsider...

i started watching kill la kill again, on episode 11 now and i think you should give it a try

i'm not sure why i lost interest but i'm back into it now
Mar 13, 2014 2:48 PM

Feb 2014
Watching Neon Genesis Evangelion
About time I guess

Mar 13, 2014 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
@Dasukeunderscore Definitely an interesting show packed with tons of symbolisms etc.
Mar 13, 2014 3:08 PM

Jan 2012
Dasuke_ said:
Watching Neon Genesis Evangelion
About time I guess

Same here. I originally planned to keep it in the dropped section, but I found the first rebuild movie (Evangelion 1.0 or w/e) to be so atrocious that I had no choice but to consult the 90's original once more. MUCH better pacing and characterization to be found there...
Mar 13, 2014 4:24 PM
Dec 2012
Evangelion was one of the first anime I ever watched (that I actually sought out as anime, as opposed to the shows I grew up with). Unfortunately I watched the English dub on Comcast on-Demand, so I didn't get to experience it in its original awesomeness. However, the final speech of the show had a huge impact on me.

I wrote a myspace "journal" entry about "life in general" after I watched that, and it was heavily influenced by that speech. Pieces of the speech were in the entry.

I think this was a piece of it: "If there is only one person, surrounded by nothing, then there is no difference between that person and nothing. An individual only emerges when there are others to compare differences to." ...or something along those lines.

Ahh, highschool. *reminisce* :D.
Mar 14, 2014 6:50 AM

Apr 2013
I could never get into it... Something about it just creeps me the frick out o~O
Mar 15, 2014 9:31 PM

Jun 2012
I tried watching NeoGen but the MC was too much of a wimp for me to watch, it was embarrassing. I like good strong leads, especially OP. The more OP the better.
Hit me up on Steam if you want: xdragonfir3x
Mar 15, 2014 9:54 PM

Feb 2013
DragonFir3 said:
I tried watching NeoGen but the MC was too much of a wimp for me to watch, it was embarrassing. I like good strong leads, especially OP. The more OP the better.

Oh no... you just went THERE!
Mar 17, 2014 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
Finished Psycho-Pass, great show indeed. Will start Attack On Titan and see whether or not it is as good as most people are making it out to be.

Contains Psycho-Pass Spoilers:
Mar 17, 2014 1:18 PM

Aug 2010
humblechili said:
Finished Psycho-Pass, great show indeed. Will start Attack On Titan and see whether or not it is as good as most people are making it out to be.

I'm also about to start Attack on Titan next. I wanna see if this will be one of my new favourites.

Mar 17, 2014 1:23 PM

Jan 2013
@Humblechili - Psycho-Pass, now that was an epic watch! I remember loving every episode, and hated waiting a whole week for the next episode.

I'm currently watching 13 things, but am focusing most on Gintama and Natsume Yuujinchou San.

Natsume Yuujinchou San, well, just like the previous two seasons, is so far absolutely perfect. So relaxing, heartwarming, touching and very emotional. I really do love this series!

As for Gintama, I've been planning to start it for ages now, but wanted to get a few other things finished. Well, I've started it (recently watched the 8th episode), and oh my goodness, it is so funny! For me, the funniest anime I've watched is Seto no Hanayome...but Gintama might just overtake that if it keep up with the way it is at the moment.
Mar 18, 2014 10:32 PM

Apr 2013
Seto no Hanayome is awesome! I really like that show, but in terms of just straight comedy, Gintama is kinda like the gold standard. Right now I'm watching Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou which is right up there with Gintama (even has Gin's seiyuu as one of the mains), and School Rumble was good. But Cromartie High School I think had me on the floor more than any show at this point... So yeah.
Mar 19, 2014 8:07 AM
Dec 2012
I see people praise nastume yuujinchou somewhat often. I watched the first season in college and didn't feel anything special towards it. No impact for me, I hardly remember it actually.
Mar 19, 2014 12:15 PM

Jan 2012
NightSkyBlue said:
I see people praise nastume yuujinchou somewhat often. I watched the first season in college and didn't feel anything special towards it. No impact for me, I hardly remember it actually.

Well, it all depends on what you're looking for in an anime. Personally, I value the progression of Natsume as a character, as well as the storybook-like atmosphere that is both relaxing and magnetizing.

Btw, I still can't get a read on what you value with anime. I know you like shounen anime, but what in particular draws you to them? The length? The lead characters? The aesthetic? The action or humor? I must be missing something...
Mar 19, 2014 12:49 PM
Dec 2012
StyleF1re said:
NightSkyBlue said:

Well, it all depends on what you're looking for in an anime. Personally, I value the progression of Natsume as a character, as well as the storybook-like atmosphere that is both relaxing and magnetizing.

Btw, I still can't get a read on what you value with anime. I know you like shounen anime, but what in particular draws you to them? The length? The lead characters? The aesthetic? The action or humor? I must be missing something...
hah i don't really know. I like falling in love with a quirky or passionate character, or getting lost in a complex fantasy world or story. I love watching a character develop in both personality and ability.

Not all shows i love are long action shounen though.

I love mushishi, chaos;head, death note, steins;gate, code geass, shingeki no kyojin, tantei gaukuen Q, spiral, ouran koko host club.

...and tons of others (i have like 50-100 shows on my list that are rated 9 or 10). Soooo i dunno, some shows click and some don't i guess. My biggest thing is something needs to be being accomplished in shows...some sort of goals to drive the plot and suspense. Of course there are exceptions. E.g. Mushishi.
Mar 19, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2012
@NightSkyBlue
Oh okay. I was thinking the fantasy world element had something to do with it too, since that's an advantage the anime medium, imo, has over other forms of entertainment. I feel as if the industry has forgotten that, considering all of the school-related and ecchi-comedy anime being churned out nowadays. It's not to say all are bad, but there should be a bit more balance overall.

If it clicks, it clicks. And, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Got it!

-----

Speaking of NGE, I actually have to wonder how people can criticize someone like Shinji who represents someone who is human in nature. Personally, I'd point to the circumstances of how he came around to pilot the Eva in the first place. It's a bit too convenient for someone of his stature and nature to just be handed the controls of something so paramount to the world's survival. I understand his father running the show and all, but couldn't they have been more realistic and started off with someone more fit and capable? Oh well. It worked out somehow.

And then there's Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Wow. Good stuff with a much more intricate and balanced cast and storyline as compared to something like Code Geass. As others here have recommended before, I will follow suit and say LotGH is a must-watch for all anime fans.
Mar 19, 2014 1:46 PM
Dec 2012
Legend of the galactic heroes (or whatever it is called) is on my plan to watch list! Maybe I will watch that one next..but I've gone through months of watching older 80s and 90s shows, so maybe not.
Mar 19, 2014 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
StyleF1re said:

Speaking of NGE, I actually have to wonder how people can criticize someone like Shinji who represents someone who is human in nature. Personally, I'd point to the circumstances of how he came around to pilot the Eva in the first place. It's a bit too convenient for someone of his stature and nature to just be handed the controls of something so paramount to the world's survival. I understand his father running the show and all, but couldn't they have been more realistic and started off with someone more fit and capable? Oh well. It worked out somehow.

That + only people born after the first incident could pilot the Evas which meant they were going to be a kid is what I used to convince myself it was reasonable haha.
Mar 19, 2014 2:57 PM

Feb 2013
I will defend Shinji to the death. He has character, it may be pathetic at times, but that's what makes him memorable, unlike some all-powerful, almighty overpowered special snowflakes from...
Mar 19, 2014 5:22 PM

Jan 2013
OrigamiDJ said:
Right now I'm watching Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou which is right up there with Gintama (even has Gin's seiyuu as one of the mains)...

Oh I forgot about that, even though it's one of my favourites and I often think about it! I mean come on, Literature Girl, 'nuff said. I'll correct myself, that probably was and is the funniest thing I've seen (to my tastes, of course), Gintama closely equalling it (so far, I've hardly watched enough to judge it), so Seto no Hanayome is my 3rd favourite in the funny department.

I just finished watching Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha - absolutely beautiful anime. It started off quite silly, just seemed to be light hearted silliness, but it became really quite emotional and beautiful. I'll never forget that scene at the end of episode 9; it often gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.
Mar 20, 2014 6:43 AM

Apr 2013
JimJamJamieJoo said:
I just finished watching Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha - absolutely beautiful anime. It started off quite silly, just seemed to be light hearted silliness, but it became really quite emotional and beautiful. I'll never forget that scene at the end of episode 9; it often gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

I might have to check that one out. I hope you mean 'emotional' as in happy and awesome and not sad/sorrow :P
Mar 20, 2014 6:51 AM

Jan 2013
OrigamiDJ said:

I might have to check that one out. I hope you mean 'emotional' as in happy and awesome and not sad/sorrow :P

Its hard to place really, because I loved it, and I've seen others love it - but then there's many who thought it was 'meh' too. Hmm, well I can't really describe the emotion xD. It's kinda bitter sweet, not happy, but not terrible either. Well, the episode 9 scene I was talking about (without mentioning spoilers), was pretty sad, but also very epic - people coming together to help a certain person no matter what. Not just that, but a song was inserted and the imagery was beautiful. Ah, I dunno, I'm terrible at explaining emotional things :P.

As for emotion, I just finished Natsume Yuujinchou San. Wow, what a beautiful final episode, definitely a bit of an emotion stirrer as well. I gave it a well deserved 9, just as I did for the previous two seasons. Once I've cleared up my watching list, I'll definitely have to start Natsume Yuujinchou Shi ^_^

And now I'm currently watching Sukitte Ii na yo, a school based romance anime. It's both lovely and infuriating, so far. I can't stand the two bullies, I hope they get what's coming to them.
Mar 20, 2014 1:08 PM

Oct 2011
Some Kill la Kill, finally. I originally started watching concurrently with airings, but recently I fell back like ten eps... looking forward to catching up.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (112) « First ... « 81 82 [83] 84 85 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.