Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (112) « First ... « 80 81 [82] 83 84 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2014 10:55 PM

Jan 2012
Oh noes! Where are all of the Non Non Biyori fans in this club? haha

@kawaiipapa
That's pretty much what I smashed Another for. The personalities in that anime are about as flat as they come. I know it's a thriller/horror, but come on. The production team could've done much better than that.

Imo, Shakugan no Shana is undoubtedly my favorite when it comes to OP and ED combinations. Mami Kawada and Altima really killed it on their productions!

@Jaime
So which group of clowns would you rather work with? I think I'd rather not deal with that samurai sword and the blue-haired dude's antics, so I'll stick to the office bunch.
Jan 31, 2014 12:24 AM

Mar 2012
@Style
Hahaha sorry, though I feel like there are lot more people who enjoyed Non Non than those who didn't. Sometimes I feel weird for not liking something a lot of people enjoyed...like for instance that one anime called K or even No. 6, or Elfen Lied. :T

StyleF1re said:

@kawaiipapa
That's pretty much what I smashed Another for. The personalities in that anime are about as flat as they come. I know it's a thriller/horror, but come on. The production team could've done much better than that.

This.
I'd say, if people want to watch a better "horror" anime series, watch Jigoku Shoujo.

Never watched Shakugan no Shana, but I know Mami Kawada from most of the OP&ED's for the Index/Railgun series.

@Jamie
Now Servant x Servant was one that I really enjoyed. It's too bad it only had like 12 or 13 episodes. But I totally get what you mean by wanting to work alongside them haha.
Jan 31, 2014 1:58 AM

Jun 2007
StyleF1re said:
Oh noes! Where are all of the Non Non Biyori fans in this club? haha
You called?
Big favourite last season, along with Outbreak Company (Myucel!). I do need me a good slice-of-life series every season and Non Non Biyori certainly delivered!
Jan 31, 2014 4:25 AM

Jan 2012
@kawaiipapa
I wanna cry after I finish Jigoku Shoujo. It's been that hard to watch for me. I felt at times that I was seeing the same thing over and over again. It was psychologically hard-hitting at first, but eventually I began to "catch on" to it all. Someday I'll finish that third season...

Don't feel that bad. People must think I'm crazy or out of my mind too...

@Gomu
Oh HECK yeah! Two high-fives for you! Myucel and Renge (and company) really delivered last year.
Jan 31, 2014 4:27 AM

Jul 2008
Strike the Blood and Tokyo Ravens as of now :)
Jan 31, 2014 7:33 AM

Jan 2013
StyleF1re said:

@Jaime
So which group of clowns would you rather work with? I think I'd rather not deal with that samurai sword and the blue-haired dude's antics, so I'll stick to the office bunch.

Yeah I'll stick with the office bunch as well. I think the restaurant workers are far too dangerous LOL!
Jan 31, 2014 9:55 AM

Aug 2010
StyleF1re said:
@Lumikki
I remember that scene. That said, umbrellas are pivotal to my state of well-being. My hair's not naturally straight, so if rain gets to me and I have no umbrella my day pretty much ends...

I have a naturally curly hair as well, so I know how you feel :P

humblechili said:

@Lumi Yes, once in awhile I will see someone with an umbrella and that scene will play out in my mind.

Luckily I don't use those kind of umbrellas. I prefer ones that fit to the bag ;D There was actually two death scenes related to an umbrella in Another.

kawaiipapa said:
@Lumikki
I've actually been watching the Akito episodes of Code Geass. I can't really say that I enjoy it partly because they release like a one hour "episode" once a year...and it's hard to get attached to the characters or remember the plot when you don't rewatch the previous episodes, so that's probably good that you're waiting until they've all aired.

I remember I had the same problem with Hellsing Ultimate when it was airing. Even the plot in Hellsing was quite simple I still felt a wtf moment when watching a new episode.

Jan 31, 2014 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
Well... Ended up taking the day off from work and now I'm back to Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (season 1) interspersed with episodes of Hyouka (have seen up to episode 6). I gotta say Hyouka is really good so far and BwTgS has been entertaining, but I'm really starting to get annoyed by Yozora (she's kinda being a super-b!tch)
Jan 31, 2014 2:33 PM

Jan 2013
@OrigamiDJ - Ahh, Hyouka, that's one of my top favourites! The first of the five light novels is in the post to me as we speak...even though I can't read Japanese. I just want them on my shelf and it's nice to support the original author...lol :P
Jan 31, 2014 2:45 PM

Apr 2013
JimJamJamieJoo said:
@OrigamiDJ - Ahh, Hyouka, that's one of my top favourites! The first of the five light novels is in the post to me as we speak...even though I can't read Japanese. I just want them on my shelf and it's nice to support the original author...lol :P

Nice! Yeah I always like to show support when I find a real gem. I can read Japanese, but only at like a grade school level, so I'm still reading children's stories and manga like Chi's Sweet Home, Doraemon and Yotsuba&!, lol. But have certainly bought titles at Kunokuniya when I find stuff I really like (Nichijou and Kureyon Shin-Chan for example) ^_^
Jan 31, 2014 9:51 PM

Jan 2012
Hyouka is legendary stuff (if you ask me). It's rare to come across someone as curious as Chitanda, or as efficient as Houtarou. Heck, I'd say ANY character that appeared in that anime could make a great lead elsewhere or, at the very least, be a solid 2nd or 3rd main character. And I don't think I've seen a school festival portrayed and animated better than that of Hyouka.
Feb 1, 2014 6:52 AM

Aug 2010
OrigamiDJ said:

Nice! Yeah I always like to show support when I find a real gem. I can read Japanese, but only at like a grade school level, so I'm still reading children's stories and manga like Chi's Sweet Home, Doraemon and Yotsuba&!, lol. But have certainly bought titles at Kunokuniya when I find stuff I really like (Nichijou and Kureyon Shin-Chan for example) ^_^

I love Yotsuba& ! Tho, I'm lazy ass and read it in my native language :P I have read one volume of Nichijou as well, but I'd say it works better as an anime.

Just started Jormungand: Perfect Order. It seems that shit is going down now. I just wish they won't forget Valmet even her arc is already over.

Feb 1, 2014 9:31 PM

Mar 2012
@Style
Don't judge me, but I still haven't finished the third season of Jigoku Shoujo either....ahahaha... Yeah, it was definitely really repetitive for like the first 5-7 episodes of a season, but I think it still has a more intriguing plot than Another.

Perhaps the writer of Another wrote the story to say that umbrellas are the devil's invention? That's why you should buy those small foldable umbrellas. They're not as pointy D:

Ahhhh Hyouka was a great series! It's hard to find gems like that where each character isn't flat and the stories/"cases" that went with each episode really helped to highlight their unique characteristics. I wish there was more to the series, but at the same time I'm satisfied with the 22 episodes it aired.
Feb 2, 2014 1:11 AM

Apr 2013
@kawaiipapa
Yeah, the depth to the characters in Hyouka really has me pulled into the story. Little nuances and characterizations are there and you can really tell it's not just cookie-cutter stereotypes overlaid. And... It's definitely bedtime since I'm not sure if I just made sense or not, haha (-_-;)zzzzZZZZ
Feb 3, 2014 10:02 PM

Apr 2013
Just finished Hyouka and now I want to see the über awkward and mega-cute romantic relationship between Oreki and Eru! ^.^

Guess I'll move on to something silly and start Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Feb 5, 2014 12:32 PM

Aug 2010
OrigamiDJ said:
Just finished Hyouka and now I want to see the über awkward and mega-cute romantic relationship between Oreki and Eru! ^.^

Guess I'll move on to something silly and start Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou was awesome, I bet you will like it since you are a fan of Nichijou.

Damn Jormungand: Perfect Order is awesome. There's even more Koko x Valmet fanservice than in the first season :D Me approves.

Feb 5, 2014 1:53 PM

Apr 2011
any thoughts on eureka seven? i'm downloading it now
Feb 5, 2014 2:28 PM

Feb 2013
bbmello said:

It's just amazing, it's my favorite series. Great, but sorta strange story, amazing drama/romance combo. Interesting universe and extremely visually appealing mecha design... with great combat scenes, etc...
Feb 5, 2014 2:32 PM

Dec 2010
bbmello said:

just dont watch the sequel. Eureka Seven is very good, but a lot of drama.
Feb 5, 2014 2:39 PM

Feb 2013
niks1991911 said:
bbmello said:

just dont watch the sequel. Eureka Seven is very good, but a lot of drama.

AO is great too, if you don't look at it with expectations to get something like the original, it sacrificed most of the drama and all of the romance for another alternative universe story, like the pocket ga niji de ippai. If you look at it as it's own thing it's really good too.
AsciusFeb 5, 2014 3:11 PM
Feb 5, 2014 2:58 PM

Apr 2011
ok cool

any other suggestions for good anime series?

i'm looking for something like 12-26 episodes that is like action/adventure/romance or something like that

any ideas?

i have a ton of random stuff on my PTW list maybe i should start getting on that
Feb 5, 2014 3:20 PM
Jul 2018
@bbmello I see you haven't seen Shiki. It is a really good show and has one of the best soundtracks I have heard in an anime. However, it is not really the genre you are looking for. Might be worth a try anyway. Also, the Kara no Kyoukai series is amazing and it is action with some romance.
Feb 5, 2014 3:21 PM

Feb 2013
bbmello said:
I'm looking for something like 12-26 episodes that is like action/adventure/romance or something like that

Consider adding in Bounen no Xamdou to a PTW list if you'll like Eureka Seven, as it's an action series, with a deep and touching story, no real romance in it though.
Feb 6, 2014 8:43 AM

Jan 2011
bbmello said:

any other suggestions for good anime series?

i'm looking for something like 12-26 episodes that is like action/adventure/romance or something like that

if you don't mind a tad older animation, I will scream ESCAFLOWNE to the heavens. it has all of that, and three dimensional characters. it has mecha in it, but you gave Geass a good rating, so that shouldn't bother you.
Feb 6, 2014 10:45 AM

Apr 2013
I gotta weigh in :P Eureka Seven was amazing! I absolutely loved that anime and all the action/drama/romance in it. Never watched the alternate as I felt I might of had preconceived notions and it would have hurt my experience with it.

I honestly can't think of anything to suggest, so I'm on the side of accepting recommendations for action/romance titles ^.^
Feb 6, 2014 3:49 PM

Apr 2011
ok thanks for the suggestions guys

just downloaded like 15 gigs worth of anime, love my new unlimited internet :)
Feb 6, 2014 4:53 PM

Apr 2011
I just watched an animated short called Monsterbox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoLAoOkG5gY
I liked it. It was cute. Don't watch it if you don't like cute things.
Feb 6, 2014 5:18 PM

Feb 2013
SuperLotus97 said:
I just watched an animated short called Monsterbox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoLAoOkG5gY
I liked it. It was cute. Don't watch it if you don't like cute things.

I may just be a horrible person, but as cute as it is or could be, that kind of animation is just bringing the whole thing down for me. Not a fan of 3dcgi, it's just too sterile.
Feb 6, 2014 5:37 PM

Oct 2011
I've been neglecting anime for a while. I've been watching teen titans lately. Seems like DC comics has been overruling anime lately for me. I'm just so into superheroes its stupid ><

Feb 6, 2014 6:58 PM

Apr 2011
watching eureka seven right now, on episode 7

the smallest kid really creeps me the fuck out... i don't like him one bit
Feb 7, 2014 7:19 AM

Apr 2013
bbmello said:
watching eureka seven right now, on episode 7

the smallest kid really creeps me the fuck out... i don't like him one bit

Haha, oh yeah, the kids... They pissed me off bit, but it just adds to the emotional depth ^.^
Feb 8, 2014 9:28 AM

Aug 2010
Finished Jormungand: Perfect Order. I so loved this series, went straight to my favourites.

Maybe the best thing in Jormungand was strong female characters, Koko, Valmet, Chiquita, Minami, Hex... The other strong point was the action scenes and the art in general, not forgetting the OST that was one of the best ever. Maybe the best actually :D

And spoilers time (Jormungand + Death Note)

I think I will start Darker than Black next.

Feb 15, 2014 9:01 PM

Mar 2012
talonbone said:
I've been neglecting anime for a while. I've been watching teen titans lately. Seems like DC comics has been overruling anime lately for me. I'm just so into superheroes its stupid ><

Nahhh don't feel dumb. I feel you on that. I've been reading the comics a lot instead of watching anime these days. GOOD STUFF. :)
Feb 19, 2014 5:53 PM

Oct 2011
kawaiipapa said:
talonbone said:

Nahhh don't feel dumb. I feel you on that. I've been reading the comics a lot instead of watching anime these days. GOOD STUFF. :)
hell yeah! But I just finished the last of teen titans so maybe I'll start watching anime again when I have free time. Maybe start off with catching up on hunter x hunter and naruto:S

Feb 22, 2014 11:30 AM

Apr 2013
I've been into the cheesy cute rom-com harem 12ep series a lot recently, lol. Just watched Nyan Koi! and am watching Tayutama right now. They're just entertaining and while they probably won't make my top list, they put a smile on my face ^_^
Feb 23, 2014 8:25 AM

Aug 2010
I just heard that Heroes will have a new season in 2015! I'm so freaking happy right now since Heroes is the only (besides Buffy) American TV show I care about.

Feb 23, 2014 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
Lost is probably the only live action show that I enjoyed start to finish. Such an amazing show.
Feb 23, 2014 8:05 PM

Feb 2013
There are only 4 live action shows I'll never forget: 3 Stargate series, the SG1, Atlantis and Universe - my all time favorites, I consider these series to be the best thing I saw on TV in my whole life. And then there's the Knight Rider(1982), I wasn't even born when it started and ended airing, but it's one of the most memorable things from my childhood, probably even more memorable than Back to the Future, the series had such an impact on me that it's even embarrassing.

I liked Lost and Smallville, but they aren't as memorable as those 4. As for Heroes, I watched the first season and was not impressed, I don't think I've even finished it.
Feb 23, 2014 8:41 PM
Jul 2013
i just plowed through escaflowne in just last night and today pretty good :)
Feb 23, 2014 9:05 PM

Apr 2011
noragami is so good!
Feb 23, 2014 9:07 PM

Jan 2011
zedius said:
i just plowed through escaflowne in just last night and today pretty good :)

my favorite series ever!!! glad you liked it too!!
Feb 24, 2014 7:23 AM

Apr 2013
bbmello said:
noragami is so good!

Looks interesting, just added to PTW. I finished Tayutama last night and the ending kinda caught me off-guard (and I got a little choked up). Lots of unanswered questions, but thinking about it the very very last scene kinda put a smile on my face (if it indeed reflected what I think happened)... so... kind of more intense than I was looking to get into, so back to goofy comedies for a bit
Feb 24, 2014 8:39 AM

Aug 2010
humblechili said:
Lost is probably the only live action show that I enjoyed start to finish. Such an amazing show.

I think I watched two seasons of Lost and then I got bored.. or just too lazy to follow the third one. The first season was great if I recall right.

Finished Starry Sky.....and it wasn't very good.

Feb 24, 2014 9:16 AM

Aug 2013
i am now watching at the moment

Anime, weekly:

D-frag
Gin no saji 2nd
golden time
hamatora the animation
hunterXhunter
kill la kill
Log horizon
magi 2nd
mahou sensou
Nshippuuden
nourin
nobugagun
nobunaga the fool
noragami
one piece
space dandy
Seitokai Yakuindomo
strike the blood
toriko
witch craft works
wizard barrister
mobile suite gundam , The 08 ms team

anime pass time :

rainbow: nisha...
binbougami ga
Gintama (rewatch)

Manga:

Girls of the wild
NAruto
One piece
Claymore
one punch man
Bleach
magi
Btooom
Fairy tail
Feb 24, 2014 10:10 AM

Apr 2013
Abolic said:

Anime, weekly:

D-frag
Gin no saji 2nd
golden time
hamatora the animation
hunterXhunter
kill la kill
Log horizon
magi 2nd
mahou sensou
Nshippuuden
nourin
nobugagun
nobunaga the fool
noragami
one piece
space dandy
Seitokai Yakuindomo
strike the blood
toriko
witch craft works
wizard barrister
mobile suite gundam , The 08 ms team

anime pass time :

rainbow: nisha...
binbougami ga
Gintama (rewatch)

Manga:

Girls of the wild
NAruto
One piece
Claymore
one punch man
Bleach
magi
Btooom
Fairy tail

Then for the final 2 hours of the week, take a nap
Feb 24, 2014 10:38 AM

Jan 2012
OrigamiDJ said:
Abolic said:

Then for the final 2 hours of the week, take a nap

Abolic is doing some work!

As for myself, I don't know exactly what I'm watching nowadays. Or why either... haha
Feb 24, 2014 11:38 AM
Dec 2012
I may have mentioned this, but right now I'm watching:

-Touch (school drama/comedy/baseball from 80s)
and
-You're Under Arrest seasons 1,2 and 3

And of course I have my weekly shounen that I watch on weekends.

I try not to split my focus too much.

Oh and I'm rewatching Attack on Titan with my gf (one ep before bed each night) I'm basically telling her it's a story about giant zombies...which it really is haha.
Feb 24, 2014 10:38 PM

Apr 2013
On a whim I started Bakemonogatari and after the first few episodes this show is potentially headed to my top list ^.^ that back and forth banter :D

We'll see how it pans out
Feb 25, 2014 3:58 PM

Feb 2014
From the current season I'm watching Noragami (LOVE it!), Nisekoi (also enjoyable), Hamatora (one of those shows where the main arc is the only reason that makes you stick to an otherwise silly show), and Hoozuki no Reitetsu (great comedy!) to name a few. From the oldies that I've never watched before, I've been watching Berserk, which I'm finding quite awesome.
Feb 25, 2014 5:45 PM

Sep 2011
I just finshed Sword Art Online...
hopin something good can replace it since I can only watch whats on tv still.... (still no computer T.T)
been reading alot more then I used to favorite series right now has to be
Until Death Do Use Part
I just can't seem to put it down and when I do I just pick it back up xD
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (112) « First ... « 80 81 [82] 83 84 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.