Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 29, 7:54 PM
Oct 2023
Great episode, tugged at the heart strings a lot. I think Fu knew but used the seemingly strict masquerade rules as an excuse not to settle things with Aya early and properly, a decision she clearly regrets.

What makes it worse, had she become a famous pop star for 10ish to 15ish years, Fu definitely could have amicably parted and there would be enough pop culture reference especially in America to at least tell Aya what she is since Vampire Masquerade came out in 1991.
Jul 29, 8:48 PM
Jan 2018
watching this epidode feels like watching last scene charlotte
Jul 29, 9:34 PM

Jun 2023
Didn’t expect a tearjerker.
Jul 29, 10:21 PM

Jul 2022
Now that I think about it, how do the vampires appear in the videos? Aren't they supposed to be invisible, or is that only with mirrors?

Well, it doesn't matter... This episode made me cry when I was supposed to watch it for fun. I knew that due to the immortality of vampires, they all had some story, but I didn't expect to see it so quickly and with the one I least expected. Poor Fu, you could see in Aya's video that, despite not knowing Fu's reasons, she still cared for her. I hope they don't forget in the next episodes the talent that the lovely Fu has.
Jul 29, 11:08 PM
Oct 2019
What a wonderful and heartbreaking story.
Holy moly after all those fun episode, it finally hit us emotionally.

Aya emotional speech and the special ED from Fuu got me in tears.

But hey Obligatory Beach episode is coming next week.
Jul 29, 11:52 PM
Nov 2020
Did my eyes blurred
Jul 30, 12:44 AM

Mar 2008
Aw too bad Fu never got to have a proper talk with Aya. :c

bakuretsu_lala said:
Yuki's harsh but fair - you don't survive long as a vampire by doing things that attract attention - or are actually dangerous. It's nice to have dreams but Fu hadn't thought things through. Someone had to tell her.

Fu could have just worn a mask or disguise and be fine or only do it for a limited amount of time and it wouldnt cause a problem.
Jul 30, 2:38 AM
Mar 2018
I hadn't really found much to like about this show, but this episode was pretty great.
Jul 30, 2:53 AM
Jun 2017
I just came to laugh and ended up crying and reflecting on how time goes by quickly and the best thing is to do what we like with the people we love before we run out of time.
Jul 30, 2:54 AM
Feb 2020
Man now THAT was a great episode.Wasn't expecting a feels filled eps.One thing i do wonder tho,is it should alr been a few decades after the pic they used to find her and how someone could still recognize Aya from it.She alr looked quite different from the recording.
Jul 30, 7:29 AM

Feb 2021
That was... unexpectedly sad. When did the two of them meet, 40 years prior to the beginning of the story? That would make Aya 50-60 years old when the story starts huh.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 30, 7:36 AM

May 2023
I just expect that this anime is just for laughs but we are given emotional episodes like this I really cry for my favorite girl in this show Fu, I feel sorry for her.

I can really understand about how Fu couldn't explain to her friend that she was a Vampire, and even sadder after Fu left her friend, her friend didn't feel angry for Fu she understood that Fu had a reason why she disappeared.

The special ending song at the end by hearing You-chan sing really made me understand why I like You-chan so much, Fu ventured to sing and opened both of her eyes made me moved again, this is one of my favorite episodes for all anime that aired this season.
Jul 30, 7:52 AM

Jan 2021
didn't expect to cry watching this anime xD

Jul 30, 8:06 AM
Sep 2023
Quite an emotional episode, especially for Fu. She has quite the talent only to be discouraged by Yuki and to have lost the opportunity to make amends to Aya. Fortunately, the MayoPan team was able to bring closure for her. Loved the ending song.

For those that are interested, the title of the song is KIMIE. Found it available in Spotify and the full version is quite beautiful.
Jul 30, 1:46 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Narizor
Now that I think about it, how do the vampires appear in the videos? Aren't they supposed to be invisible, or is that only with mirrors?

Well, it doesn't matter... This episode made me cry when I was supposed to watch it for fun. I knew that due to the immortality of vampires, they all had some story, but I didn't expect to see it so quickly and with the one I least expected. Poor Fu, you could see in Aya's video that, despite not knowing Fu's reasons, she still cared for her. I hope they don't forget in the next episodes the talent that the lovely Fu has.
@Narizor The lore behind vampires having no reflections in mirrors is based on the silver coating that mirrors used to have (silver = anti-magic). Similarly, film photography involved silver compounds that reacted to light.
I think the advent of digital technology circumvents this issue, so we should have no problem suspending our disbelief.
Jul 31, 12:05 PM

Aug 2010
Good episode. The only thing that broke the emotional tension of the episode was that interview where Aya convenently talked about Fu, but liked the fact that we should think Aya was already pretty old or even dead by the fact they were using casette tape to record their song.
Aug 2, 1:56 PM

Sep 2014
Wow this was actually really good.

I still think MC needs to apologize sooner than later, she is just set up as a terrible person and nothing ever changed that.

I wonder just how long ago Aya met Fu? Must have been ages.
Comander-07Aug 2, 2:00 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 4, 10:49 AM
Jul 2024
Bro how this thing had me crying. I wasnt expecting it to be such an emotive and shocking episode, Im loving this so far
Aug 5, 8:13 PM

Oct 2017
Don't do something that you'll never be able to take back. Aya's dead and Fu will never be able to tell her the reason she left. Tragic really. Also knew it was gonna be a long time has passed trope but still felt bad.
Aug 5, 8:15 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Satoshi17
Well, 60 is still young. :c
Anyway, from the way she was drawn, she looked like she was at most 40 years old.

@sodrainz @ForTehNguyen
@Satoshi17 That video is old, the guy from the bar looks way younger in it and was in the band with her.
Aug 6, 10:08 AM

Jan 2020
WHY THEY MADE AN EPISODE LIKE THIS????? IM CRYING UNTIL NOW P-P
be happy
Aug 15, 2:24 PM
Jun 2024
El mejor episodio de esta temporada, jamás pensé que un anime sobre vampiras youtubers me iba a hacer llorar
Aug 15, 9:30 PM
Jan 2017
Mayonako Punch has been a goofy, fun ride. But learning about Fu's past and why Fu does not sing anymore...
It inspired memories of bad choices and the regret that will be with you for the rest of your life. Fu being able overcome that was a perfect ending.
Aug 17, 11:17 AM
Feb 2015
it's always the most quiet innocent pure ones who didn't have much spotlight that has the saddest lore going on 😭😭😭😭😭
Aug 25, 1:47 PM

Mar 2010
HOly shiii what a surprise I almost teared up myself from dat story.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 29, 8:37 PM

Aug 2013
That video of Aya had me sobbing 😭

The fact that it took Fu to start singing for me to realize that she’s voiced by Youmiya Hina aka Tomori from MyGo! 🤩 what a great surprise. I hope we get to hear her sing more in this.
imjayhimeAug 29, 8:41 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayonaka Punch Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26

35 by imjayhime »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Mayonaka Punch Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12

31 by imjayhime »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Mayonaka Punch Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19

24 by yuanya »»
Aug 27, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Mayonaka Punch Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5

30 by Rasco »»
Aug 25, 2:11 PM

» Day in the Life of a Japanese Anime Director

Rorek - Aug 12

9 by javiawesome »»
Aug 21, 7:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.