Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 3:17 AM
May 2017
Hiroyuki Sawano at his peak
Jan 16, 3:18 AM
Jan 2014
Great episode, can't wait for another one. Just dont rush this anime please.
Jan 16, 3:27 AM

Mar 2022
yeah, not for me.

Reeks of "i'm 15 and angry at the world". His death wounds montage got me playing 'Linkin Park - In the end' in my head. Just cringe. No matter how good, gory, edgy(for a teenagers) the animation is, the world logic and the characters are just... silly. But it is telling a alot about the society that enjoys such stories. It also tells me, for a few seasons in a row, that the most hyped shonen show of the season is most likely just not my type of thing.
Jan 16, 3:45 AM
Jan 2024
This episode was so good, I was not sure about this show since the first episode seemed very generic but this solidified my resolve to continue watching it.
Jan 16, 3:55 AM
Feb 2023
SugoiDekaiOppai said:
yeah, not for me.

Reeks of "i'm 15 and angry at the world". His death wounds montage got me playing 'Linkin Park - In the end' in my head. Just cringe. No matter how good, gory, edgy(for a teenagers) the animation is, the world logic and the characters are just... silly. But it is telling a alot about the society that enjoys such stories. It also tells me, for a few seasons in a row, that the most hyped shonen show of the season is most likely just not my type of thing.

Atleast know the story before judging… And you talk like your favourite animes are any better lol
Jan 16, 4:21 AM
Dec 2023
Exciting, a good adaptation.
Jan 16, 6:03 AM
Oct 2021
idk it was nice ig...
Jan 16, 6:16 AM

Apr 2016
DAMN THIS WAS SO GOOD

Jan 16, 7:01 AM
Jul 2015
the best manhwa ever
Jan 16, 7:32 AM

Mar 2022
Reply to Confused_100
SugoiDekaiOppai said:
yeah, not for me.

Atleast know the story before judging… And you talk like your favourite animes are any better lol
@Confused_100

Look man, not all of us are this mega otakus that know every manga of the past whatever years. I am allowed to say that as a "blind watcher", I was unengaged by the first 2eps of the total show because they demonstrated in abundance the kind of qualities(or lack thereof) of writing that I find are important for my enjoyment of the media. And if you think the world around you will love you more if you insult my viewing taste then, by all means, be my guest ;) :*
Jan 16, 8:15 AM
May 2023
Un peu lent mais osef
Jan 16, 8:38 AM
Nov 2021
it's soooo good !! it's the first anime that's better than the manga (and solo levelings Manhwa is really good and somehow the anime is better !!)
Jan 16, 9:00 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to SugoiDekaiOppai
@Confused_100

Look man, not all of us are this mega otakus that know every manga of the past whatever years. I am allowed to say that as a "blind watcher", I was unengaged by the first 2eps of the total show because they demonstrated in abundance the kind of qualities(or lack thereof) of writing that I find are important for my enjoyment of the media. And if you think the world around you will love you more if you insult my viewing taste then, by all means, be my guest ;) :*
SugoiDekaiOppai said:

You're criticiseing society because people like this show, but you yourself has bouncing boobs are a profile picture.
You know, this is what's called hypocrisy;)
Jan 16, 9:42 AM
Jun 2021
Solador Vindo......
Jan 16, 10:05 AM
Jun 2020
hecka crazy & lit af epi no kiz
Jan 16, 11:42 AM
Sep 2018
It was fun to watch and was similar to the manwha
Jan 16, 2:07 PM

Jan 2024
The english dub is actually jaw dropping, I don't even know if I want to continue sub anymore.
Jan 16, 3:26 PM

Jan 2023
Solo Leveling E02 mini Ribsview

+ Gory and violent but in a fun/campy way (reminds me of Battle Royale)
+ Animation is great :o

I enjoyed this ep a lot more than the first! Excited to watch more.

Score 9/10
Jan 16, 4:44 PM

Nov 2021
Reply to AnaakJahad
The english dub is actually jaw dropping, I don't even know if I want to continue sub anymore.
@KayneAether FR?? lemme check tbh

Jan 16, 4:45 PM

Jan 2024
Altadena said:
@KayneAether FR?? lemme check tbh

yeah sung Jin woos voice gave me goosebumps, especially at the end.
Jan 16, 4:57 PM

Apr 2021
good episode, though i can see they're rushing.
one complain i have to make, i'm sad we didn't hear these words from jin-woo. i feel like they didn't emphasize this scene enough, it was so quick and i didn't like it.
(small edit: when i made this comment i had like 5 mins remaining fo the episode, the ending made up for it lol)

iseaJan 16, 5:03 PM

hurry up, we're dreaming 

Jan 16, 5:05 PM
Jan 2024
I've been waiting for this anime for about 5-6 years and it had done the original work justice
Jan 16, 5:13 PM

Nov 2021
Reply to SugoiDekaiOppai
yeah, not for me.

@SugoiDekaiOppai lmao the gif of the most child like "adult" anime girl's tits REALLY adds to this comment 💀

Jan 16, 5:13 PM

Nov 2021
Reply to Mucharetsu
It was ok, nothing original so far.
@Mucharetsu apple? pen? :(

Jan 16, 5:55 PM
Feb 2020
Honestly the goreyness is very enjoyable
Jan 16, 5:56 PM

Aug 2012
Reply to 0451
Wow. This show is intense. I like it.

My only complaint is that this episode ended with a massive cliffhanger just like the last one. But it's probably a good thing. The pacing is really good and it's better that they didn't rush everything in one episode.

But I really would've preferred it if they made the first episode a movie like Frieren or Oshi no Ko. I think that would've been the best option.
@0451 its 2024 , cliffhangers have been a thing in all media forever lol... seems like a bit of a nit-pick
Jan 16, 9:24 PM
Oct 2018
nothing really happened
Jan 16, 9:29 PM
Oct 2021
Got AoT vibes for a second there. That moment where the "God" smiles, it had striking similarity to the Titan that ate Eren's mother.
Jan 17, 12:21 AM
Jan 2011
So why is the second episode dubbed but not the first? It seems to be from Amazon but can't find either on Amazon or crunchyroll. That's weird.
Jan 17, 12:49 AM
Apr 2023
its Solo leveling what else needs saying
Jan 17, 4:25 AM
Nov 2012
The concept of this whole boss battle is cool, and I enjoy the eeriness of the statues a lot. However, while I understand panicking in a life-or-death scenario, the way the characters responded felt almost too incompetent.

Ultimately, I have a hard time getting very invested in grim situations like this when the characters haven't been fleshed out enough for me to have a real reason to care if they survive. The majority of the party felt potentially expendable from the beginning, so I didn't feel much when they died. We have reason to care for the main character, but it's obvious that he'll persist somehow.

I haven't been very impressed so far, but it doesn't feel like the story has actually begun yet. Considering how hyped up this adaptation has been, I'm sure it'll get much better in upcoming episodes, assuming they do the manhwa justice.
TooUncreativeJan 17, 5:06 PM
Jan 17, 5:02 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to xsilicon9
So why is the second episode dubbed but not the first? It seems to be from Amazon but can't find either on Amazon or crunchyroll. That's weird.
xsilicon9 said:

The Dub for the second episode was released by mistake and got taken down soon after.
Jan 17, 5:47 AM

Aug 2017
Reply to Altadena
@Mucharetsu apple? pen? :(
@Altadena
*music playing
I have Gantz mission 1
I have anime
UH
Solo Leveling episode 2
*music keeps playing
Jan 17, 6:46 AM
Feb 2021
cant wait for the next episode!!!!
Jan 17, 8:00 AM
Sep 2016
Is it just me or is this anime pretty overrated?

First two episodes have been boring af and the main character is just not interesting (so far).

When does it get good?
Jan 17, 8:29 AM
Apr 2023
it was so cool
the animation,sound effects and everything
loved it
Jan 17, 10:01 AM
Dec 2023
Simply a4 masterpiece
Jan 17, 10:19 AM

May 2021
Much better than the first episode and just reinforces what I said about an hour-long first episode.

No expositions so that's a major W.

Jan 17, 11:07 AM

Aug 2020
Brutal af damn Why are they torturing the audience like this? Amazing... I don't even know what to say

Jan 17, 11:27 AM

Mar 2020
so they just ripoffed the weeping angels from doctor who
Jan 17, 12:13 PM
Jan 2024
It was alright. A build up to the beginning of his power up journey
Jan 17, 12:38 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to RaidenSteiner
RaidenSteiner said:

Dr Who also ripped off the weeping angels idea from elsewhere.
Moffat saw one in Dorset while on holiday...
Jan 17, 2:00 PM
Jan 2024
pretty pog not gonna lie
Jan 17, 2:43 PM
Jan 2019
sm better than 1st episode. opening showed sm promise for the animation of the series
Jan 17, 8:14 PM
Apr 2020
The statues singing harmonizing with the background music when Jin-Woo narrowly avoided getting stomped on by the god statue was such an epic moment.
Jan 18, 4:26 AM
Oct 2018
They definitely improved upon the source material. I read the original web-novel and the beginning of the comic version, and the anime made some subtle changes to make the beginning dungeon actually impactful, mainly by giving more life to the characters. Though I agree that those two episodes should've been just one 40 minute long episode like in Oshi No Ko and some others. Also, a minor nitpick would be how MC's leg wasn't pulverized after the statue stepped on it, lol. There was no way for his leg to be "cut" in two parts like it was shown in the anime.
Jan 18, 7:27 AM
Oct 2015
Very nice episode. Can't wait for ARISE
Jan 18, 8:35 AM
Oct 2021
my only regret is not saving this show for later and binging it now i await in anticipation
Jan 18, 8:48 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Stark700
This was so intense especially the scenes in the dungeon. However, this episode also showed a side of Jin-Wo as he realizes there are rules in that dungeon.

Episode also captured the despair and human emotions of the cast too. It felt hopeless as everyone is just trying to leave. Jin-Wo is definitely an important member of the group though, even if he's not that strong. I also find it kinda interesting they occasionally switch segments between this and scenes at school. They're also keeping the tone of the show viable including the bloodshed and just overall style. Another great episode.
PEAK EPISODE. Loved it to bits. LITERALLY DYING to watch the next ep.
Jan 18, 9:05 AM

Jan 2018
Reply to xXTensaZenXx
@0451 its 2024 , cliffhangers have been a thing in all media forever lol... seems like a bit of a nit-pick
@xXTensaZenXx I know it's a nitpick. But I don't hold it against the anime at all. So far, the pacing is very satisfactory. I just think it would've been better if the first episode of the series was a movie or something because that's the trend these days.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

395 by Zacronium »»
6 hours ago

» Solo Leveling Anime Records Surprisingly Poor Sales ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 7

67 by xZabuzax »»
Yesterday, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 10

416 by Nova_xD_7 »»
Jun 2, 1:46 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2

281 by VihasYeah »»
Jun 1, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

303 by Apreggi »»
May 30, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.