Forum Settings
Forums

Petting confirmed removed from the English localized version of Fire Emblem: Fates

New
Pages (27) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2016 7:15 AM
Mar 2011
Yay censorship and form reading above post there os alot more pro censorship people on mal than hardcore anto censorship people like me

im he same wilh movies animation games ect
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 7, 2016 8:36 AM

Sep 2011
destructo22 said:
That's exactly what the reason is. Name me games in the West that have Nintendo involved that would have the mechanic of petting 2D human characters. You probably won't be able to name a lot because that kind of thing barely has an existence overseas. And they're rare because it's not part of the Western game culture, especially North America. So culturally, there's a huge difference between Japan, and in this instance, North America.

It's true that there aren't a lot of games like that in NA, but lets not kid ourselves and pretend that creepy sexualization is some kind of Japanese cultural phenomenon. Before the PC and gamer feminist movement there where a lot of Western games with hyper sexualized female characters.

Take Bioware before David Gaylord and the E.A. buy out, for example.

I mean can you imagine this in a Bioware game today? I think not, the tumblr shitstorm would be apocalyptic. They would lynch the game design team.
FullmetalRaikouFeb 7, 2016 8:44 AM
Feb 7, 2016 8:43 AM

Apr 2012
destructo22 said:
Immahnoob said:
No one gives a fuck what you see or not, it's censorship by definition. I don't think you understand how retarded your position is. You called it "localization", but how can you define it as such when there's literally no cultural reason for the removal? Hell, removals BY localization are censorship in every case, unless you can point out some that aren't.

Do we have no notion of head stroking? Is that what you're telling me?
Oh, OH. I know! The cultural difference comes from people seeing the "petting minigame" as "creepy", "disgusting", etc, right? There you have it. All you need is either it to be "offensive", "objectionable", "immoral", etc for it to be "censorship".
That's exactly what the reason is. (1) Name me games in the West that have Nintendo involved that would have (2) the mechanic of petting 2D human characters. You probably won't be able to name a lot because that kind of thing barely has an existence overseas. And they're rare because it's not part of (3) the Western game culture, (4) especially North America. (5) So culturally, there's a huge difference between Japan, and in this instance, North America.
You are completely right. That is why I am going to tell you why you are right and why that is irrelevant.

(1) You are completely right that there is no game in which Nintendo is involved that has "human petting". You obviously know that and you also obviously know that there's a game in which Nintendo is involved, called Pokemon, (2) which has a feature to touch a Pokemon all over their body, including their crotch and chest area for humanoid and non-humanoid characters. Pokemon Amie to be specific.

The issue is, there's no relevance in these specific examples you ask me of. You're committing a non sequitur.

We do have examples of games that have introduced features like touching characters, like Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (you can touch all over their body) and again, Pokemon Amie, in which Nintendo was involved, and had the above content (in which you can touch their whole body).

(3) First of, you're making a false equivalence here. "Western game culture" with the overall (4) "culture" of "North America". Just so you know, there's no way you can prove to me that stroking people's heads is both culturally inappropriate and culturally unknown, when you have Pokemon Amie and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus.

Because of (3) and (4), you can't claim (5).

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 7, 2016 11:22 AM

Aug 2008
Fullmetal89 said:
destructo22 said:
That's exactly what the reason is. Name me games in the West that have Nintendo involved that would have the mechanic of petting 2D human characters. You probably won't be able to name a lot because that kind of thing barely has an existence overseas. And they're rare because it's not part of the Western game culture, especially North America. So culturally, there's a huge difference between Japan, and in this instance, North America.

It's true that there aren't a lot of games like that in NA, but lets not kid ourselves and pretend that creepy sexualization is some kind of Japanese cultural phenomenon. Before the PC and gamer feminist movement there where a lot of Western games with hyper sexualized female characters.

Take Bioware before David Gaylord and the E.A. buy out, for example.

[img]http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/neverwinter_nights_conceptart_7nYkR.jpg[img]

I mean can you imagine this in a Bioware game today? I think not, the tumblr shitstorm would be apocalyptic. They would lynch the game design team.
I agree. Now that gaming has become so big, some things that were common and okay from before seem very uncommon. I'm just limiting myself to just only Nintendo's case here and the reputation they have.

Immahnoob said:
destructo22 said:
That's exactly what the reason is. (1) Name me games in the West that have Nintendo involved that would have (2) the mechanic of petting 2D human characters. You probably won't be able to name a lot because that kind of thing barely has an existence overseas. And they're rare because it's not part of (3) the Western game culture, (4) especially North America. (5) So culturally, there's a huge difference between Japan, and in this instance, North America.
You are completely right. That is why I am going to tell you why you are right and why that is irrelevant.

(1) You are completely right that there is no game in which Nintendo is involved that has "human petting". You obviously know that and you also obviously know that there's a game in which Nintendo is involved, called Pokemon, (2) which has a feature to touch a Pokemon all over their body, including their crotch and chest area for humanoid and non-humanoid characters. Pokemon Amie to be specific.

The issue is, there's no relevance in these specific examples you ask me of. You're committing a non sequitur.

We do have examples of games that have introduced features like touching characters, like Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (you can touch all over their body) and again, Pokemon Amie, in which Nintendo was involved, and had the above content (in which you can touch their whole body).

(3) First of, you're making a false equivalence here. "Western game culture" with the overall (4) "culture" of "North America". Just so you know, there's no way you can prove to me that stroking people's heads is both culturally inappropriate and culturally unknown, when you have Pokemon Amie and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus.

Because of (3) and (4), you can't claim (5).
I specifically said "games in the West that have Nintendo involved that would have the mechanic of petting 2D human characters." That Pokemon Amie feature is accepted because we see Pokemon as domestic creatures that we treat as pets, so petting them doesn't seem out of the ordinary And Nintendo, to my knowledge, didn't develop or publish that Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus game, so their name isn't tied to it in any way. With that being said, the two examples you provided aren't relevant to this conversation.

Nintendo has a big reputation of being safe, family-friendly and all that shit. And when releasing this game overseas, I would like to think they were thinking of what an impact this petting mechanic in a video game would have and if it would fit for the targeted audience. They would also have to weigh in the fact that not many Nintendo games would allow for petting or stroking 2D human characters and if the target audience would accept it. They obviously thought that ultimately, getting rid of it would be the best choice overall.

And of course that stroking people's heads in real life is fine...but if it's in a video game, it can come off as creepy and weird. I think a large group of people living in America with any connection to or understanding of its society and social norms and taboos would agree.
Feb 7, 2016 11:39 AM

Apr 2012
@destructo22

I specifically said "games in the West that have Nintendo involved that would have the mechanic of petting 2D human characters."
Sorry, it seems you forgot this part:

Immahnoob said:
How is it relevant how many games Nintendo has released with a touching feature on humans?

You know how features and types of games they haven't released in the west or in Japan?

Lots of them.

That Pokemon Amie feature is accepted because we see Pokemon as domestic creatures that we treat as pets, so petting them doesn't seem out of the ordinary
I debunked this already:

Immahnoob said:
which has a feature to touch a Pokemon all over their body, including their crotch and chest area for humanoid and non-humanoid characters.

And Nintendo, to my knowledge, didn't develop or publish that Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus game, so their name isn't tied to it in any way. With that being said, the two examples you provided aren't relevant to this conversation.
No, the examples are relevant to the conversation, just not to yours, which is the one that is irrelevant to our discussion.

Nintendo has a big reputation of being safe, family-friendly and all that shit.
Pokemon Amie.

And when releasing this game overseas, I would like to think they were thinking of what an impact this petting mechanic in a video game would have and if it would fit for the targeted audience.
Pokemon Amie, T rated.

They would also have to weigh in the fact that not many Nintendo games would allow for petting or stroking 2D human characters and if the target audience would accept it.
No, this would actually be stupid. You seriously should start imagining less and accepting facts more.

And of course that stroking people's heads in real life is fine...but if it's in a video game, it can come off as creepy and weird.
Contradiction and willful ignorance.

I think a large group of people living in America with any connection to or understanding of its society and social norms and taboos would agree.
Not their audience and surely not a large group of people.

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2016 9:23 AM

Feb 2016
Nintendo should have censored this too:

http://nichegamer.com/2016/02/hindus-are-pissed-that-krishna-is-in-shin-megami-tensei-iv-final/
SaltySeakingFeb 9, 2016 9:26 AM
Feb 9, 2016 9:43 AM

Apr 2012
That's Atlus, not Nintendon't.

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2016 10:14 AM

Feb 2016
But only playable on a 3ds =/
Feb 9, 2016 12:33 PM

Aug 2014
With the recent reveal that the bathhouse, swimsuits and wake up features are still in, this does raise the question on why petting was removed when it was probably the least creepy and had actual game benefits. Now we have a strange scenario where rubbing a stylus over a person's head is seen as more objectionable than having your soldiers go into battle clad in skimpy bikinis.

I can't help but feel like this is like the Soleil incident and it was removed due to backlash from people who just read/heard "skinship" and blew it out of proportion without actually seeing the context. Either way, with this new light I've gone from apathetic to legitimately disappointed.
AllenNoahFeb 9, 2016 12:36 PM
Feb 9, 2016 12:35 PM

Apr 2012
AllenNoah said:
With the recent reveal that the bathhouse, swimsuits and wake up features are still in, this does raise the question on why petting was removed when it was probably the least creepy and had actual game benefits. Now we have a strange scenario where rubbing a stylus over a person's head is seen as more objectionable than having your soldiers go into battle clad in skimpy bikinis.
It's been revealed that those are still in? Like, they TOLD news outlets or people that?

Link please.

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2016 12:43 PM

Aug 2014
Immahnoob said:
AllenNoah said:
It's been revealed that those are still in? Like, they TOLD news outlets or people that?

Link please.

Can't get the exact link (blocked by office), but here's the next best thing.
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60498
Feb 9, 2016 1:01 PM

Feb 2016
Shouldn't cherry pick. Everything should be censored across the board.
Feb 9, 2016 1:17 PM

Apr 2012
SaltySeaking said:
Shouldn't cherry pick. Everything should be censored across the board.
If I must have to suffer, everyone else should too.

Yeah, I fully agree, they should not even sell it.
AllenNoah said:
Immahnoob said:

Link please.

So seeing characters in underwear/swimsuits is acceptable but petting their heads is objectionable...

SOMEONE, END ME!!!

And as usual, Serenes Forest is filled with retards.

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2016 1:32 PM

Aug 2014
Immahnoob said:
AllenNoah said:

So seeing characters in underwear/swimsuits is acceptable but petting their heads is objectionable...

SOMEONE, END ME!!!

And as usual, Serenes Forest is filled with retards.

I will never get tired of that gif.

Also, I haven't seen the topic itself, I actually got the news from GameFAQs but my Google-Fu brought up a Serenes link and haven't been to the forums in years. Any highlights?
Feb 9, 2016 1:34 PM

Feb 2016
Never heard of serenesforest before. I skimmed over the boards. Are they pro censorship? Seems like it at a glance.
Feb 9, 2016 1:58 PM

Apr 2012
SaltySeaking said:
Never heard of serenesforest before. I skimmed over the boards. Are they pro censorship? Seems like it at a glance.
They seem to be the most vocal at least, I'm not sure if a majority is pro-censorship, since the fan translators are on that site and they're doing it because they hate NoA and their censorship.

AllenNoah said:
I will never get tired of that gif.

Also, I haven't seen the topic itself, I actually got the news from GameFAQs but my Google-Fu brought up a Serenes link and haven't been to the forums in years. Any highlights?

Sadly, Thane, its no joke. Its an awful shoehorned excuse, and doesn't make a good impression early in the game… no one would believe this….

Elise should not have existed in her current form… she really, at a minimum, should have been something closer to 16-18.
And they're actually being retarded about how the character is young in the Japanese version.

Holy shit people, she's not REAL.
I'm not surprised that the bath area is still in. I actually don't mind this one at all. It maybe fanservice, but it's honestly just as much a realistic thing as it is fanservice. Even in the middle of a war, soldiers will want to relax and wash up between battles, and hundreds of years ago, the way to do that was the bath pools
Some try to rationalize the other changes.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60498&p=4220383

Kool-aid drinker but it seems this person GETS IT to a point. They're leaving in controversial shit but taking out shit like head petting (even if this person isn't referring to that).

There's not much going on in that thread. This community is of the purest cancer. They're retarded semi-SJWs.

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2016 2:10 PM

Aug 2014
That's a shame. I used to frequent the boards waaay back in the beforetimes (I think the FE1 remake had just come out or was announced). So to hear that it's fallen so low is...unfortunate.
Feb 9, 2016 2:15 PM

Apr 2012
AllenNoah said:
That's a shame. I used to frequent the boards waaay back in the beforetimes (I think the FE1 remake had just come out or was announced). So to hear that it's fallen so low is...unfortunate.
They're mostly discussing about man sausage, Folio the crossdresser kid and how Elise should have either been scrapped, model changed or had her options (the other young looking characters too) to marry taken out. Some are bothered by the incest and some moan about the "old days", basically, when Fire Emblem was a dead series.

All I see are moralfags eating their own shit together.

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2016 2:31 PM

Aug 2014
Immahnoob said:
AllenNoah said:
They're mostly discussing about man sausage, Folio the crossdresser kid and how Elise should have either been scrapped, model changed or had her options (the other young looking characters too) to marry taken out. Some are bothered by the incest and some moan about the "old days", basically, when Fire Emblem was a dead series.

All I see are moralfags eating their own shit together.

Not gonna lie, I have been morbidly curious to whether or not they'd make Foleo a straight up girl, then again tumblr'd probably materialize in the real world to attack NoA if that happened. I tended to pair up the younger looking characters with each other back in Awakening, except in my first playthrough when I paired Lissa with Vaike and Ricken with Tharja (kid must've been the most hated kid in the army) and I didn't use Nowi for fear of running out of dragonstones and I didn't know you could just buy some later (yeah, I'm one of those types of gamers).
The incest thing I find weird, though, when I was on incest was just seen as "a thing that can happen" in the series (See Eirika and Ephriam and I believe one of the earlier games had it). Although I feel like the fact that you can marry both sets of siblings sorta undermines the whole "Bonds of Family" thing the game seems to be crafting. Like, if it was just a generic "We're going to war with X country because they're jerks" story I wouldn't mind, but it seems like a major theme is "What constitutes family? Blood or bonds?" and picking one only to shack up with your brother/sister doesn't really gel with that to me. Of course, if they don't mean from a thematic sense then I got nuthin'.
Feb 9, 2016 4:12 PM

Apr 2012
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-lobby-titanfall-2-firewatch-fire-emblem-fates-/2300-6429414/

IT WAS FOUND OUT THAT YOU'RE ABLE TO PET ONLY THE PEOPLE YOU'VE MARRIED.

FUCK YOU, NOA.

Oh, and GameSpot seems to be IGN.

39:00 to 52:00 related to Fire Emblem.

EDIT: NOPE, wrong feature. It's the WAKE UP feature, not the head petting.

MEH.
ImmahnoobFeb 9, 2016 4:20 PM

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2016 4:27 PM

Aug 2014
"Blow gently," right?
Feb 9, 2016 4:30 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah, the "blowing" thing and the "waking up" thing. They're still in.

But not the general head petting.

So in the end, except the dialogues being "localized" (which is a big deal, if you've looked in that topic, we have some real shitty personality changes and jokes that seem to not have been there in the Japanese version, including memes, will check later with both versions with the fan patch and original), we have no head petting, no dual audio and that's basically it.

Oh well...

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2016 4:32 PM
Feb 2014
In other news, Anita Sarkeesian has been hired by Twitter. So arguing about this on Twitter will now result in a ban and perhaps a 10 year prison sentence for being a pedophile :(
Feb 9, 2016 4:50 PM

Apr 2012
Rinshansan said:
In other news, Anita Sarkeesian has been hired by Twitter. So arguing about this on Twitter will now result in a ban and perhaps a 10 year prison sentence for being a pedophile :(
Yep, Twitter is dying. They're just ending themselves faster.

You did hear it's called "Trust and Safety Council", right? It reminds me a lot of 1984. Kek.

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2016 5:12 PM

Jul 2014
who the hell cares, oh no u cant pet a girl whatever will i do, play the game?

this is like complaining that they removed petting Pokemon in the latest game, its the most irrelevant feature only added for the fun of it

if it was in the game all people would do is forget about after a month like every half ass'd feature
ZjjFeb 9, 2016 5:16 PM
Feb 9, 2016 5:15 PM

Apr 2012
chokingasuka said:

this is like complaining that they removed petting Pokemon in the latest game, its the most irrelevant feature only added for the fun of it
Pfffttt, I guess I was getting bored after all.

Yes, it's an "irrelevant feature", why was it taken out then?

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2016 5:19 PM

Jun 2011
chokingasuka said:

if it was in the game all people would do is forget about after a month like every half ass'd feature

Exactly. Hell, why even have characters in the first place? Have the Square Country fighting the Circle Country and the gameplay would be just as good.
Feb 9, 2016 5:20 PM

Jul 2014
Immahnoob said:
chokingasuka said:

Pfffttt, I guess I was getting bored after all.

Yes, it's an "irrelevant feature", why was it taken out then?

Don't ask me, ask the business-men or lawyers pushing these pointless censorships through that make little too no sense

Trust me I think these recent censorship's are dumb as fuck too along with the Street Fighter 5 BS but its a feature that people would play with for minutes at a time and get bored of, dont get the complaining
Feb 9, 2016 5:28 PM

Apr 2012
@chokingasuka

Well then, you have no answer yourself. This might be pointless to you, but to me it isn't, and it's another precedent on top of all the others Nintendon't and other censorious shithead companies have created.

I don't need these precedents, and complaining will show that I am against censorship. Everyone else should do the same if they care about their hobbies.

I will complain as I am a customer too. They need my money.
And they won't get it, mind you, I will pirate the Japanese version with the fan translation.
Narmy said:
chokingasuka said:

Exactly. Hell, why even have characters in the first place? Have the Square Country fighting the Circle Country and the gameplay would be just as good.
Exactly... If you're so keen on dismissing optional content, you can dismiss story, models, etc, since they don't really matter to gameplay.

Actually, nevermind, THIS IS GAMEPLAY THEY'VE CUT OUT.

Autocrat said:
Feb 9, 2016 5:43 PM

Jul 2014
Immahnoob said:
@chokingasuka

Well then, you have no answer yourself. This might be pointless to you, but to me it isn't, and it's another precedent on top of all the others Nintendon't and other censorious shithead companies have created.

I don't need these precedents, and complaining will show that I am against censorship. Everyone else should do the same if they care about their hobbies.

I will complain as I am a customer too. They need my money.
And they won't get it, mind you, I will pirate the Japanese version with the fan translation.
Narmy said:

Exactly... If you're so keen on dismissing optional content, you can dismiss story, models, etc, since they don't really matter to gameplay.

Actually, nevermind, THIS IS GAMEPLAY THEY'VE CUT OUT.

Well, I actually see what your tryna say and not that I think of it I get it.

This minigame is optional, so it falls into the same catagory as other optional shit within the game that you both mentioned so might as well get rid of everything else within the catagory, also now that I think of it petting a girl in a game sounds pretty great even if I think its pretty dumb because everyone knows its dumb but its that special kinda dumb, its such a dumb feature that its good. Same reason the DoA Extreme games are so much fun.
Feb 10, 2016 4:02 AM

Apr 2012
As I said before, it's unclear if they're talking about the wake up feature or the actual petting feature.

They seem to not know their shit.

Autocrat said:
Feb 10, 2016 5:06 AM

Aug 2008
I didn't know there was a wake up feature. Now, that's pretty cool....unless it becomes repetitive.
Feb 10, 2016 5:35 AM

Apr 2012
destructo22 said:
I didn't know there was a wake up feature. Now, that's pretty cool....unless it becomes repetitive.
That's why they mentioned specific ranks, only those can trigger them, and at random too.

And I thought you weren't into these type of features...?

Autocrat said:
Feb 10, 2016 8:41 AM

Apr 2012
Just to give you guys some input, there's been changes even in the Amiibo dialogues.

Just to see that there is lost information in the translation.

Probably to make the characters more "appealing" to the "west". But they kind of fuck it up, since they changed their characters in the process.

Autocrat said:
Feb 10, 2016 8:51 AM

Apr 2014
Immahnoob said:

Oh, and thank god we have this. We will know what Treehouse is doing.

It's good to see that you made a list of all of the horrible and whiny complaints against this game.

Feb 10, 2016 8:53 AM

Apr 2014
Skeleturtle said:
This.
Xenoblade Chronicles.
Fatal Frame.

When will it end? Why can't they just translate the dialogue/text and deliver the product?
Because that isn't how localization works.

Localization is supposed to change things to be more acceptable for Western audiences.

Feb 10, 2016 9:01 AM

Apr 2014
Immahnoob said:
Solkiskey said:
I've played through the games and honestly guys you aren't missing out much. The mechanic is completely unnecessary outside of building supports (they will probably rebalance support to make up for that). It also really feels inappropriate for the game. One second you're fighting to death on a battlefield, the next you're stroking someone's face in your room.
And another second, you're having children, like Lucina.

WHO KNEW? ROMANCE IN A WAR GAME. CAN'T BE POSSIBLE.

ZetaZaku said:
Nice, they are removing the waifu shit parts and releasing game similar to what Fire Emblem used to be. Might actually buy it at this point.
Yeah, let's go back to poor sales. Maybe we should remove everything anime related.

Yup said:
Hey everyone! Just like to point out
the source of this "leak" is Kotaku,
you know that crappy clickbait buzzfeed site that lies all the time and is blacklisted from multiple game devs for slander. Also every single article about it since then just quotes said Kotaku article. Hell, the article itself doesn't even source which "Nintendo Rep" they even were talking to about this. It's all BS they made up to get more clicks. Until a single article comes out that doesn't quote Kotaku and instead quotes Nintendo, I'm not believing anything. Might as well just lock the thread until real news confirms this. Or at least change the title of the thread to point out that this is only a rumor.
IGN also claimed it happened.

And, just to be clear, whoever is for the censorship, is a minority.

http://strawpoll.me/6648118/r

One poll doesn't represent the opinions of everyone.

I'd say that the fact that Fates is selling like hotcakes proves that no one gives a crap about the fact that you can't pet anyone that isn't your spouse.

Feb 10, 2016 9:06 AM

Apr 2014
Immahnoob said:
@BatoKusanagi
This optional content is at least 2 hours of gameplay, unless you want to do it more often.

You also lose dialogue that you wouldn't get otherwise. The backlash also came from a minority of people that most likely wouldn't have bought the game.

E.g. http://strawpoll.me/6648118/r

It's good I'm a pirate.

Oh and, it might have been removed because the localizers were lazy. Just saying, there's a lot of voice acting there.

Nah.

The people whining about its removal are the people that probably wouldn't have played this game to begin with.

They're the ones that are desperately clamoring for their waifu's.

Feb 10, 2016 9:11 AM

Nov 2008
Dragonage2ftw said:
Immahnoob said:
And another second, you're having children, like Lucina.

WHO KNEW? ROMANCE IN A WAR GAME. CAN'T BE POSSIBLE.

Yeah, let's go back to poor sales. Maybe we should remove everything anime related.

IGN also claimed it happened.

And, just to be clear, whoever is for the censorship, is a minority.

http://strawpoll.me/6648118/r

I'd say that the fact that Fates is selling like hotcakes proves that no one gives a crap about the fact that you can't pet anyone that isn't your spouse.

I doubt it's selling like hotcakes.

Feb 10, 2016 9:15 AM

Apr 2014
Hoppy said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

I doubt it's selling like hotcakes.

Well, let's see here.

Currently, it's the number 1 and number 2 best selling 3DS games on Amazon, despite FF Explorers coming out recently and Paper Jam being out, and it's the eight highest selling product on the games page on Amazon, beating games like SF5, which is coming out soon.

It's special editions have been sold out for an incredibly long time.

Yeah, it's still selling well. No cares about the censorship.

Feb 10, 2016 9:25 AM

Apr 2014
I'd also like to point out that the like bar on the video that I linked is way higher than the dislike bar in the video that I linked, further proving that the people whining about censorship is in the minority.

Feb 10, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2012
You can do so, but then you'd be ignoring above replies which debunk the idea that the face petting is still in-game.
Dragonage2ftw said:

Statistics disagree, the margin of error is a mere 3%.

It's not selling like hotcakes because it's not even out yet for the west.
Dragonage2ftw said:

Nah.

The people whining about its removal are the people that probably wouldn't have played this game to begin with.

This is completely ignorant of reality. What saved Awakening is this "waifu crap".
Dragonage2ftw said:
I'd also like to point out that the like bar on the video that I linked is way higher than the dislike bar in the video that I linked, further proving that the people whining about censorship is in the minority.
That's probably because Fire Emblem wasn't the only subject.
Dragonage2ftw said:

Well, let's see here.

Currently, it's the number 1 and number 2 best selling 3DS games on Amazon, despite FF Explorers coming out recently and Paper Jam being out, and it's the eight highest selling product on the games page on Amazon, beating games like SF5, which is coming out soon.

Except, about 70%~ of the customers. Not everyone will not buy the game, that's true, but less than in the case of them not making these retarded changes.

Autocrat said:
Feb 10, 2016 9:41 AM

Apr 2014
Immahnoob said:
You can do so, but then you'd be ignoring above replies which debunk the idea that the face petting is still in-game.
Dragonage2ftw said:

Statistics disagree, the margin of error is a mere 3%.

It's not selling like hotcakes because it's not even out yet for the west.
Dragonage2ftw said:

Nah.

This is completely ignorant of reality. What saved Awakening is this "waifu crap".
Dragonage2ftw said:
That's probably because Fire Emblem wasn't the only subject.
Dragonage2ftw said:

Well, let's see here.

Except, about 70%~ of the customers. Not everyone will not buy the game, that's true, but less than in the case of them not making these retarded changes.

No, what saved FE was higher production values, better marketing, and better presentation.

I could've linked a large number of videos that talk about the censorship that have been generally well received.

Prove that 70% of people give a crap about these changes. Strawpolls mean nothing, especially when you consider the fact that there's always another poll that disproves the one that someone links you to.

Feb 10, 2016 9:44 AM

Apr 2012
@Dragonage2ftw

And the "waifu shit", because the "support conversations", "marriage options" and "children" were critically-acclaimed and are a big factor in the fandom. At least, the majority of it. Making the game easier and more open to new players is also a big factor.

If you think only marketing is important, you're badly mistaken. And lol, production values.

You can link as many videos as you want, honestly. I'll watch them all and debunk them for you, so you don't have to think too much for yourself.

Contradictory, the strawpoll clearly tells you who cares and who doesn't, if you have other polls that disprove mine, then go on.

Autocrat said:
Feb 10, 2016 9:48 AM

Apr 2010
Dragonage2ftw said:

If the poll isn't enough proof, then check IGN's video regarding the whole petting game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahNiVdS_Fsc

2100 dislikes vs almost 200 likes. Or you will tell me like some other brainwashed dudes, that it's only MAL's opinion, and only MAL voted in that poll (in this case disliked the video)?

It's pretty clear who's the minority here. And no...the game is far from "selling like hotcakes".

Oh well...time to buy myself a Sky3DS+ flashcard, and pirate the living hell out of Nintendon't' games.
Feb 10, 2016 9:55 AM

Apr 2012
Shirou- said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

If the poll isn't enough proof, then check IGN's video regarding the whole petting game.

2100 dislikes vs almost 200 likes. Or you will tell me like some other brainwashed dudes, that it's only MAL's opinion, and only MAL voted in that poll (in this case disliked the video)?

It's pretty clear who's the minority here. And no...the game is far from "selling like hotcakes".

Oh well...time to buy myself a Sky3DS+ flashcard, and pirate the living hell out of Nintendon't' games.
Sky3DS+ is recommended if you don't want to risk bricking, but even then, it's a really small chance of happening, unless you fuck up.

Autocrat said:
Feb 10, 2016 10:02 AM

Apr 2010
Immahnoob said:
Shirou- said:

Sky3DS+ is recommended if you don't want to risk bricking, but even then, it's a really small chance of happening, unless you fuck up.

To be honest, I already have an old flashcard of Sky3DS, with the Blue Button. And it's not about the smaller risk of getting the console bricked, as I find it more "noob friendly", on how to add games to your card, how to make them run and so on. I'm not very good with the homebrew stuff, and my OFW is above 10 (10.3 if I'm not wrong...only checked it when I 1st bough me a N3DS XL, a few weeks ago).
Feb 10, 2016 10:10 AM

Apr 2012
Shirou- said:
Immahnoob said:

To be honest, I already have an old flashcard of Sky3DS, with the Blue Button. And it's not about the smaller risk of getting the console bricked, as I find it more "noob friendly", on how to add games to your card, how to make them run and so on. I'm not very good with the homebrew stuff, and my OFW is above 10 (10.3 if I'm not wrong...only checked it when I 1st bough me a N3DS XL, a few weeks ago).
You can downgrade at 10.3 to 9.2, which is the most supported version for SysNAND. Actually, most people recommend you have 10.3 to downgrade, even if you can downgrade anything =<10.3.

After downgrading, you can't possibly brick at all, unless you fuck up big time. There are a ton of explicit guides to help you out on GBATemp and 3dshacks. The community is also really helpful and welcoming.

But if you want to use a Sky3DS+ flashcart, I see no reason to stop you.

Autocrat said:
Pages (27) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nintendo the rising king of console industry!?

rohan121 - May 7

23 by Thereisnoonehere »»
24 minutes ago

» Are you using Linux???

DesuMaiden - May 2

26 by M2zC »»
7 hours ago

» Wuthering Waves

ashisland - May 20

10 by Citrone39 »»
11 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3568 by SaltyCookie »»
Yesterday, 11:39 PM

» What Are Your Favorite Games? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZeroTatsuyaYu - Mar 13, 2016

291 by Wobenroehseve »»
Yesterday, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.