Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
May 25, 2013 10:51 PM
Jan 2013
I really liked it...sad to see the abnormal titan go though...but good that we got eren back :D
and I thought Armin was just amazing in this episode...:)
May 25, 2013 11:11 PM

Sep 2012
OMG such an amazing episode! I'm curious how Eren survived. That moment when Mikasa started crying I had a tear in my eye, oh the feels.
May 25, 2013 11:19 PM
Jul 2012
I knew that was Eren! It's all in the eyes! Hopefully they'll shed some light on how the f*** that was possible. Great episode 5/5.
May 25, 2013 11:23 PM

Apr 2009
OMG amazing episode.

RIP moe titan indeed, but we got Eren back..
May 25, 2013 11:25 PM

Jun 2008
Good to see Eren back.

Although, completely predictable that he wasn't really dead, I'm sure 99% of all of us who have seen countless anime knew that.

I'm not sure why some people thought this episode would unleash a shitstorm.

I see nothing to rage about.

Now we just need an explanation as to how Eren was able to survive.

Either way, great episode.
May 25, 2013 11:25 PM

May 2013
I was a little worried for potato girl for a second there.
I had guessed Eren reincarnated as a titan but instead he hijacked a titan.
Amazing episode even if things are unexplained at the moment.
May 25, 2013 11:28 PM

Jun 2012
If you don't like the reason why Eren is still alive you're probably not going to liek the rest of SnK as much.
May 25, 2013 11:30 PM

Jun 2008
Eon21 said:
I had guessed Eren reincarnated as a titan but instead he hijacked a titan.

I don't read the manga so I also guessed that Eren had somehow turned into a titan.

I knew he wasn't dead, and it was very obvious that that titan had something to do with Eren.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how all of this was possible.

MEanimaniac1 said:
If you don't like the reason why Eren is still alive you're probably not going to liek the rest of SnK as much.

Personally, after watching over 400 anime, nothing really surprises me anymore.

Although, I am intrigued as to how they will explain this.

Mod Edit: Merged posts. Please do not double post.
LunaMay 26, 2013 12:40 AM
May 25, 2013 11:38 PM

May 2009
Wow.. it was so obvious that it was Eren, but I didn't think he would come back as a human. This is like.. controlling a giant humanoid-robot of sorts and guiding it by the strongest emotion/instinct. Like, if you're a bully, you'll enjoy torturing humans when you become a Titan, if you're will is strong, that'll be the basis.. Okay. That much was understood/expected.

Well, I'm glad Eren's back, as a viewer. Plot wise, critically.. I guess it works out because of the "lack of knowledge of the Titans". That itself gives the plot enough leeway to make its own changes as desired. All I'm thinking is how Armin's gonna be a researcher and document these studies, while devising strategies. :)
More critically, it would be interesting to see the transformations of the others who were eaten up. Sure, they may not be easily identifiable, but would be nice to see that. Unless of course Eren did something specifically to gain control of the Titan.

I'm wondering how it would have been if he did not come back. If he remained a Titan. Then again, what would be his lifespan. It was interesting to see that the regeneration is limited too. That a Titan can burn itself out. But how are they made? If Eren gained control of that oldie Titan, he superimposed his identity onto that? He fused with that? Really interested in what the mangaka planned.

On a side note,
I can't believe people are complaining SO MUCH about the stills.. O.o
You can't take the animators and producers for granted... Sure, who doesn't like full animation sequences. But there's always some compromise. Maybe future animations will consider this and keep the animators slaving. Maybe they'll even ask for donations or share market it just to get the ridiculous budgets into account. Hurrah. O.o
Sure, I'd love it too, but you gotta take what's available.
Go buy this series to support them. ^_^ Hopefully they'll put that money to use for their next production.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
May 25, 2013 11:40 PM

Oct 2012
Remember people! his dad wanted to show him something and he was a "doctor" :) take that into consideration, I haven't read the manga so this is purely speculation.

And remember! where eren was sitting which was at the back of the neck, which is also where they can only get killed if you strike there oohohoh I just thought of that, I'm excited now.
May 25, 2013 11:42 PM
Feb 2013
Great Episode! Sasha asking for forgiveness from the titan LOL. and yeah! Eren is back!
May 25, 2013 11:43 PM
Aug 2012
[url]http://min.us/lbrBFgDWDbfTDM[url]
I think Eren now is Better!
May 25, 2013 11:44 PM

Jun 2012
JustALEX said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

Personally, after watching over 400 anime, nothing really surprises me anymore.

Although, I am intrigued as to how they will explain this.

I've only seen about 150 so some stuff does surprise me. It hasn't been completely explained yet, but what they've foreshadowed in the manga isn't bad, in my opinion.
May 25, 2013 11:46 PM

Sep 2011
Nice Episode! I feel bad for Sasha. :(
But I'm so glad to see Eren again! :)

So..
pew pew pew
May 25, 2013 11:52 PM

Oct 2012
joori_Strawberry said:
Nice Episode! I feel bad for Sasha. :(
But I'm so glad to see Eren again! :)

So..

VEEbee said:
Remember people! his dad wanted to show him something and he was a "doctor" :) take that into consideration, I haven't read the manga so this is purely speculation.

And remember! where eren was sitting which was at the back of the neck, which is also where they can only get killed if you strike there oohohoh I just thought of that, I'm excited now.
May 25, 2013 11:54 PM

Jan 2010
EREEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN OMG HE IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG EREEEEEEEEEEN *cry big tears*
I'm so happy beyond words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 26, 2013 12:00 AM

May 2013
annie is so cool
i love her :)
May 26, 2013 12:02 AM
Apr 2013
So.. what the hell are stills?

As for the episode, I actually liked it. The only thing I hope for is that the way Eren survived is sorta 1 time only thing, because I don't really want every time an MC gets eaten by a titan they just do some dramatic music and then they'll survive as a raging titan that kicks everyone's asses until he dies, and then they end up unharmed.
May 26, 2013 12:06 AM

Oct 2012
guyuz said:
So.. what the hell are stills?

As for the episode, I actually liked it. The only thing I hope for is that the way Eren survived is sorta 1 time only thing, because I don't really want every time an MC gets eaten by a titan they just do some dramatic music and then they'll survive as a raging titan that kicks everyone's asses until he dies, and then they end up unharmed.

Basically a cheap way to animate something and chew up airing time, where I believe it isn't animated and its like well .. still.
May 26, 2013 12:17 AM

Jun 2012
MrJupatho said:
AshtonClaude said:
Reiner deserved to be banned by admin coz he loves and care about Annie that much but making weird face, lol

I watched many times till I realize that this is the most dire situation in this episode

what is spoiler about that? the best option that this will become spoiler is..

if not, idk i think if there's other meaning only who read manga will understand that.

It's one of the you have to read the manga things.
May 26, 2013 12:20 AM
Aug 2012
MEanimaniac1 said:
MrJupatho said:
AshtonClaude said:
Reiner deserved to be banned by admin coz he loves and care about Annie that much but making weird face, lol

I watched many times till I realize that this is the most dire situation in this episode

if not, idk i think if there's other meaning only who read manga will understand that.

What do you mean? sorry if I'm Slow in this thing.
May 26, 2013 12:22 AM

May 2010
We knew it was Eren all along XD.SO when he gets tired of killing he cant regenerate anymore?Anywayz i was so happy that he got his arm and leg back ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2013 12:23 AM

Jun 2012
MrJupatho said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
MrJupatho said:
AshtonClaude said:

That would spoil a HUGE plot element....
May 26, 2013 12:25 AM
Mar 2011
Clearly the people who call this an asspull have not seen Goku surviving planet namek's explosion. Now that was an asspull if I ever saw one.
Check out my blog @ displacedmodernity.blogspot.com
May 26, 2013 12:26 AM

Nov 2012
Dammit wanted him to stay as a Titan, not return to his annoying human form again.

May 26, 2013 12:40 AM
Aug 2012
MEanimaniac1 said:
MrJupatho said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
MrJupatho said:
AshtonClaude said:

That would spoil a HUGE plot element....

Oh~, I See, i will not ask again.
so that's not what I'm thinking , BTW Another Funny Scene.

May 26, 2013 12:41 AM

Jun 2008
Nuxhead said:
Clearly the people who call this an asspull have not seen Goku surviving planet namek's explosion. Now that was an asspull if I ever saw one.

It's definitely a Shounen Hax....but it's not really that major, at least until we get further explanation.

Now SAO....THAT was an asspull!
May 26, 2013 12:42 AM

Oct 2012
JustALEX said:
Nuxhead said:

It's definitely a Shounen Hax....but it's not really that major, at least until we get further explanation.

haha I guess a bit of it was huh :P specially the end of the 2nd arc.
May 26, 2013 12:45 AM

Feb 2012
I find no reason to complain about the stills, as long as the action scenes are so amazingly good!

Epic episode overall, from the HQ battle to the twist at the end (which I unfortunately had it spoiled for me). As a non-reader, I hope the show continues that way to the very end.

Perfect 5/5
~SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY
May 26, 2013 12:47 AM
Aug 2012
Orevataf said:
Dammit wanted him to stay as a Titan, not return to his annoying human form again.

LOL? me i like him to be Human , there a lot improvements now lol.

MrJupathoMay 26, 2013 12:53 AM
May 26, 2013 12:47 AM

Jun 2012
VEEbee said:
JustALEX said:
Nuxhead said:

haha I guess a bit of it was huh :P specially the end of the 2nd arc.

Biggest asspull I've ever seen.
May 26, 2013 12:52 AM
Nov 2011
Eren - power
Armin - strategy
Mikasa - skill

This episode shows that teamwork is the MC. Eren may have the power, but without Armin and Mikasa - they'd be all dead - including Eren.

Aside from the separation of brawn, skill and brains - the leadership role goes to someone else outside of the main trio - Jean.
May 26, 2013 12:54 AM
Mar 2013
I loved this episode! I didn't mind the stills at all. In fact, to me they served as a nice change of pace from the awesome action :D I really cannot wait until the next episode.
Must control the urge to read the manga...
May 26, 2013 1:01 AM

Jun 2012
pming said:
Eren - power
Armin - strategy
Mikasa - skill

This episode shows that teamwork is the MC. Eren may have the power, but without Armin and Mikasa - they'd be all dead - including Eren.

Aside from the separation of brawn, skill and brains - the leadership role goes to someone else outside of the main trio - Jean.

Then Levi comes in and he has everything.....
May 26, 2013 1:01 AM

Jan 2013
Now can we spoil this anime?
Oh wait no we can't... Heh
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 26, 2013 1:05 AM
Aug 2012
pming said:
Eren - power
Armin - strategy
Mikasa - skill

Jean? i don't think so..
May 26, 2013 1:09 AM

Nov 2012
MrJupatho said:
Orevataf said:

LOL? me i like him to be Human , there a lot improvements now lol.

Only positive thing now is the relationships that can still develop since he's back.

Also this is the first time I actually couldn't wait for the next episode, so good job SnK!

OrevatafMay 26, 2013 1:20 AM

May 26, 2013 1:09 AM
Apr 2011

R.I.P :(
May 26, 2013 1:11 AM
Nov 2011
MrJupatho said:
pming said:
Eren - power
Armin - strategy
Mikasa - skill

Jean? i don't think so..

Jean's got the leader role. That's why all the talk with Marco.

Basically, people will better follow a leader with whom they can see eye to eye with and who they know is as weak as they are.

Most people are not like Eren or Mikasa or Armin. Most people are like Jean and Marco. They just want to live and survive.
May 26, 2013 1:11 AM
Apr 2013
MrJupatho said:
pming said:
Eren - power
Armin - strategy
Mikasa - skill

Jean? i don't think so..

jean is considered has the potential of becoming a leader. He can make a good decision in a bad situation, and although he felt guilty of using comrade's life for the sake of the team, if he can surprass that, he can be a leader.

Because it will be stated in this series, that a leader must have the courage to sacrifice his comrades for the sake of winning.
May 26, 2013 1:18 AM
Nov 2011
trabletoon said:
MrJupatho said:
pming said:
Eren - power
Armin - strategy
Mikasa - skill

Jean? i don't think so..

jean is considered has the potential of becoming a leader. He can make a good decision in a bad situation, and although he felt guilty of using comrade's life for the sake of the team, if he can surprass that, he can be a leader.

Because it will be stated in this series, that a leader must have the courage to sacrifice his comrades for the sake of winning.

The sacrifice thing is more Armin and Irwin, rather than Jean. Jean actually questions the sacrifice tactic, not once but twice.

As a leader, What Jean does best is to find a way to keep his teammates alive.
May 26, 2013 1:20 AM

Jun 2008
Moe overdose in this episode since we had moe giant and moe Mikasa face when she found Eren. R.I.P moe giant.
Armin stepped up his game. It seems his gonna be a strategist from now on.
Wow! at the preview. People turning against Eren? Mikasa will need to kick the ass of few people it seems.

People are wrong complaining about the stills. Not a single scene with stills was actually
important to be animated. If they are gonna save a little by putting a few stills then am very happy that the people doing it are smart enough to do it exactly at the scenes that are completely useless to see much animation on and animate what it really needs to be animated.

nnangle said:
ConquestOtaku17 said:

Troll face right there. "What you thought am dead?lol"
May 26, 2013 1:21 AM

Apr 2009
Mandarni said:

Oh my poor Mina
May 26, 2013 1:23 AM

Jun 2008
No seriously dude, no homo.

May 26, 2013 1:26 AM
Mar 2008
Well holy shit.
May 26, 2013 1:29 AM

Jan 2013
Amarrez said:
Mandarni said:

Oh my poor Mina
She was so Hnnng. No joke.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 26, 2013 1:31 AM

Jan 2008
joori_Strawberry said:

So..

A thing thou saw in this episode, Eren titan was obviously abnormal, others titans are braindead.

Anyway, the best moment for me was this scene :

Hnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg !!!

Damn, it was so emotionnal.
May 26, 2013 1:32 AM

Jan 2013
MEanimaniac1 said:
"They say he counts for a full unit" So he's basically as strong as 10-20 (estimate) men.....in othher words a complete badass.

He's arguably the only character to fujoshi's taste in SnK. Hohoho
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 26, 2013 1:38 AM
Jul 2018
The ending was way more emotional than manga. There were a few stills, but the epic animation balanced it out :D
May 26, 2013 1:43 AM

Jun 2007
Epic episode.

And I'm I the only one here who isn't bothered by stills at all? I didn't even notice them.
Pages (20) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.