Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2012 5:15 PM

Dec 2010
meepsheep said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
If anything SAO had more buildup than Bakemonogatari; or do you not remember how quickly he got together with Senjougahara, what was it like three episodes (1 arc)? The romance in SAO is indeed fast paced/rushed but in terms of time their is way more build up since they have known each other for a longer period of time.

That's where the problem lies. The time skips. It makes their relationship really weak because we don't see anything that happens during that time period. Suddenly there's a confession and it goes right into sex and marriage a few hours later.

I will agree that time skips did indeed ruin a lot of SAO; the structure of SAO made it hard to adapt because of the side stories being divided as they were it made them look like filler. ALO should do better in this case because its a straight line adaption with no side stories.
Oct 6, 2012 5:15 PM

Jan 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
meepsheep said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
meepsheep said:
ssjokg said:
AnimeFtw1 said:
I swear to god MAL information is retarded.
This is definitely not Action/Adventure.

ALO IS Action/Adventure.

SAO arc is more like um...Harem, fantasy, game, drama. I don't even consider it romance because there's barely any development in their relationship. :/

Sigh....you likely consider stuff like Bakemonogatari a harem also...even tho there is a solidified pairing in both series.

Bakemonogatari was a bit different. I watched like, seven episodes of that and I could tell it's just one pairing.
No. Kirito and Asuna are more like: Okay we're friends. Hey when did she like him? Oh okay they kiss. Oh okay sex. Hey, marry me? Sure. I love you zuttto zutttto! I'll protect you if you protect me? Oh so what's your real name and age?
I think of it as a forced romance into the show which has no development and reason why they're together.

If anything SAO had more buildup than Bakemonogatari; or do you not remember how quickly he got together with Senjougahara, what was it like three episodes (1 arc)? The romance in SAO is indeed fast paced/rushed but in terms of time their is way more build up since they have known each other for a longer period of time.

In both Bake and SAO, the girl falls for the boy after they save them. I'n Ep 3 of Bake, Hitagi asks Araragi he wants a girlfriend. He declined though. That was an episode after he helped her. In SAO, Kirito does the killing to keep Asuna 'clean' (but not pure *insert loltrollface*). So either way, you can consider both 'fast'.
Oct 6, 2012 5:18 PM

Dec 2010
Paul said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
meepsheep said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
meepsheep said:
ssjokg said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

ALO IS Action/Adventure.

SAO arc is more like um...Harem, fantasy, game, drama. I don't even consider it romance because there's barely any development in their relationship. :/

Sigh....you likely consider stuff like Bakemonogatari a harem also...even tho there is a solidified pairing in both series.

Bakemonogatari was a bit different. I watched like, seven episodes of that and I could tell it's just one pairing.
No. Kirito and Asuna are more like: Okay we're friends. Hey when did she like him? Oh okay they kiss. Oh okay sex. Hey, marry me? Sure. I love you zuttto zutttto! I'll protect you if you protect me? Oh so what's your real name and age?
I think of it as a forced romance into the show which has no development and reason why they're together.

In both Bake and SAO, the girl falls for the boy after they save them. I'n Ep 3 of Bake, Hitagi asks Araragi he wants a girlfriend. He declined though. That was an episode after he helped her. In SAO, Kirito does the killing to keep Asuna 'clean' (but not pure *insert loltrollface*). So either way, you can consider both 'fast'.

Asuna fell for Kirito way before he did any killing for her; it was already mentioned even in the anime why she fell for him; not to mention her crush was long lasting it didn't happen right away.
Oct 6, 2012 5:19 PM

Jul 2012
Zekken said:
ThanatosPersona said:

LOL yeah me too. I find her annoying at times too. I mean, Shino, Suguha, Sachi and Silica can fight (especially Suguha and Shino). Those girls are hot too and I'm sure Suguha and Sachi has wife-like traits. Not sure about Shino, because I didn't read that far but I'm sure she has them too. -sigh- the typical liking of main characters always piss me off. I mean, it usually leads to bashing on haters and it's not like there's anything to back up their claims.

hey hey shino can cook to you know, its mentioned that its one of her hobbies other than kickin ass

but hey now we're going off topic

It's been a while since I've read about Shino cooking. I just recently remembered while reading your comment lol. My bad, but, I still like her the best out of all the SAO heroines, ESPECIALLY Asuna.
Oct 6, 2012 5:19 PM

Jan 2008
Zekken said:
Paul said:

Actions in terms of damaging other players, using skills, etc. Not talking and waving your arms around.

oh so thats what you meant? but its still not a plot hole, its never been mentioned that you can't do one final attack before you disappear so you can't just assume it isn't possible whatsoever, it would only truly be a plot hole if its mentioned you can't move or attack when killed

while in the LN and the anime its shown/said that can barely move when your paralysed when Asuna managed to do just that

Well even if he could move, Heathcliff had a huge chunk of HP, probably still in the yellow. Even if Kirito managed to stab him without a skill you gotta add the game factors.
1. Striking without a skill does incredibly low amount of damage.
2. Kirito has One Hand Sword skill set on and mastered, not One Hand Rapier. Less damage %. He used Asuna's rapier.
3. Heathcliff's class. I'm sure everyone can easily see he is a tank. He's also highest level player(?)
Oct 6, 2012 5:20 PM
Nov 2009
This episode was AMAZING. Start to finish I was glued to the screen. I cried D: ending was so sad...
Oct 6, 2012 5:20 PM

Jan 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
meepsheep said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
meepsheep said:
ssjokg said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

ALO IS Action/Adventure.

Asuna fell for Kirito way before he did any killing for her; it was already mentioned even in the anime why she fell for him; not to mention her crush was long lasting it didn't happen right away.

I'm aware of that, but nothing happened til the 'saving' is what I meant.
Oct 6, 2012 5:22 PM

Nov 2009
@Infinite: can you please stop blindly defending SAO like a Kamikaze's clone? I'm starting to feel annoyed here ...
Oct 6, 2012 5:23 PM

Sep 2012
Zekken said:
Paul said:

Actions in terms of damaging other players, using skills, etc. Not talking and waving your arms around.

oh so thats what you meant? but its still not a plot hole, its never been mentioned that you can't do one final attack before you disappear so you can't just assume it isn't possible whatsoever, it would only truly be a plot hole if its mentioned you can't move or attack when killed

What happened to that?

Oct 6, 2012 5:24 PM
Jan 2012
not quite how i imagined it. I expected the lvl. 75 boss battle to be alot more epic, and the fight with kayaba was just.....stupid (i wouldve rather liked it if kirito planned to let himself get stabbed so that he could get close enough to heathcliffe while he was vulnerable to kill him before his hp hit zero)....but SAO loves to insist on its miracle/deus ex machina copouts so that kirito and asuna are like some sort of superheroes......give me a break

that being said, i rather loved this sequence at the end with the falling castle, visuals were excellent, nice moment at the end with kirito and asuna..... and for the most part, sao followed the LN quite faithfully ....5/5
Oct 6, 2012 5:26 PM

Dec 2008
dimasmw said:
Everyone liking it? No. I'm not, at least. Well, not completely.
This is way too underwhelming for a conclusion of an arc IMO. Granted, aside from some parts the anime overall was disappointing compared to LN, but come on!

Overall, I'm not really satisfied with the first half. I love the second half though, starting from the scene above Aincrad. DAT JIKOSHOUKAI.

^This^
Oct 6, 2012 5:28 PM
Jul 2012
@InfiniteDestiny
Keep fighting there dear fanboy but don't turned into Super Saiyan unless it's necessary.
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Oct 6, 2012 5:28 PM

Jul 2012
SetsukoHara said:
Zekken said:
Paul said:

What happened to that?

+1 for the screenshot
Oct 6, 2012 5:30 PM

Sep 2012
Paul said:
Zekken said:
Paul said:

while in the LN and the anime its shown/said that can barely move when your paralysed when Asuna managed to do just that

Well even if he could move, Heathcliff had a huge chunk of HP, probably still in the yellow. Even if Kirito managed to stab him without a skill you gotta add the game factors.
2. Kirito has One Hand Sword skill set on and mastered, not One Hand Rapier. Less damage %. He used Asuna's rapier.
3. Heathcliff's class. I'm sure everyone can easily see he is a tank. He's also highest level player(?)

ok now we're talking about a whole different thing :/ i was talking about how final attacks were not a plothole and now your changing the topic to how kirito managed to reduce his HP to 0 <_<

i can see how these arguments suddenly get out of hand now, people argue about one thing and then it suddenly turns into a mess

well, ive already proven my point so if you don't mind ill stop now before i suddenly get dragged into another redundant argument

Aug 2009
meepsheep said:
SetsukoHara said:
Zekken said:
Paul said:

What happened to that?

+1 for the screenshot

Yet,what Shirou did in FSN is exactly what Kirito did.Shirou had more reasons for surviving

Jul 2012
-_- cliche....just cliche don't even try and change my opinion geez the boss fight with the skull beast or w.e was finished so FAST with still frames and crap.
Then Kirito figures that guy is the game creator because he was to fast??

So if you can beat kirito your automatically a cheater -_- then he tells Asuna not to kill herself but she magically gets up and defends him then he nearly commits suicide by not even fighting after she died and getting stabbed OK.

This is ALL romance its so overdone like come on

See if he wasn't tryna tap Asuna all day he would have cleared the game sooner and probably would'nt have looked so bad
Oct 6, 2012 5:31 PM

Dec 2010
Takana_no_Hana said:
@Infinite: can you please stop blindly defending SAO like a Kamikaze's clone? I'm starting to feel annoyed here ...

So i suppose blindly hating it is better? because while some present valid points others just use line sarcastic insults as their posts. Besides that the LN didn't have any plot holes, if the anime didn't show some scenes well then it simply becomes a discussion of comparison and how the adaption didn't match up well. Lastly i feel annoyed every time i look at a forum which is filled with malice but hey what can you do; people are entitled to their opinions you should leave it at that. Instead of selecting me out you should look at the other countless pages and threads of hate or you are just being bias since you yourself may dislike SAO.
Oct 6, 2012 5:32 PM
Dec 2011
Kirito did not come back to life. In the LN he just managed to get a last hit before he died. It was just a poor adaption making it like he overcame death.
Oct 6, 2012 5:33 PM

Jan 2008
Zekken said:
Paul said:
Zekken said:
Paul said:

ok now we're talking about a whole different thing :/ i was talking about how final attacks were not a plothole and now your changing the topic to how kirito managed to reduce his HP to 0 <_<

i can see how these arguments suddenly get out of hand now, people argue about one thing and then it suddenly turns into a mess

well, ive already proven my point so if you don't mind ill stop now before i suddenly get dragged into another redundant argument

Oh my bad then, I must have misread it.

Guess I'll try again.

True that it has never been mentioned that you can't do some sort of final stand/final attack but that also applies in reverse, they never said you can either.

Following the concept of the game, even the most basic moves require a skill, such as passive healing and even Asuna's flips/jumps are skills. I wouldn't be surprise if a "Final Attack (after death)" skill were required to be equipped to even be used. Other wise, it'd simply be Kirito waving his sword around before death, and thus refer back to my previous post in this quote tree.
Oct 6, 2012 5:34 PM

Dec 2010
Mystmory said:
Kirito did not come back to life. In the LN he just managed to get a last hit before he died. It was just a poor adaption making it like he overcame death.

Problem is many people are mistaking him visualizing his own death as him dying...he didn't fall and shatter, people seem to not understand this, he never fell at all.
Oct 6, 2012 5:34 PM

May 2011
So Akihiko was shown to have that immotal avatar I ended up thinking of Lord British. I thought some er...creative thinking would go into taking him down. Guess not everything can be Ultima. xD Still, I enjoyed the episode. I loved how they showed Kirito with his slow but insistent move to find Asuna.
Oct 6, 2012 5:35 PM
Sep 2012
overall the show was good, but i feel as they put in so much effort and time into the fight scenes that they kinda rushed the ending.
Oct 6, 2012 5:36 PM

Aug 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
Oct 6, 2012 5:36 PM

Jan 2008
Mystmory said:

In the novel, he visualized his death. I won't go through the trouble of copy and pasting it but basically he closed his eyes and saw the announcement "You are dead". It was just him visualizing his death. Which also happened in the anime.
Oct 6, 2012 5:37 PM

Aug 2009
RandamuSaiko said:
overall the show was good, but i feel as they put in so much effort and time into the fight scenes that they kinda rushed the ending.

lol what?If anything the studio didnt put any effort in anything except maybe the animation.
Oct 6, 2012 5:40 PM
Apr 2011
I suppose the rest of the remaining episodes will now focus on side stories now that the anime has reached the end of the main novel of the story (vol. 1)? o.O

May 2010
when that Rez thing they got along time ago coming in to play? i know it is some how, also really 14 episode in and it over? now to wait and see if Asuna got out ok, and Kazuto looked like shit (two year will do that) but damn kinda look sick with long hear tho. cant wait till the next episode.

Oct 2010
Paul said:
Yumekichi11 said:

About a girl, just want to make sure. Is the girl in the spoiler
the sister of Kirito? CAUSE SHE IS HOT MAN! I WANT HER! No seriously she is gorgeous IMO. Standard a little but still nice.

Yumekichi11 said:

so fucking hard to quote you with all those coding tags. Lmfao.
1st spoiler:
not sure of the blue part but I would prefer some other colour.

The blonde chick looks like a fairy due to her wings however I knew of the human part. Her being a NPC would just not cut it.

To the second spoiler, I knew it badly. Let's hope Kirito does not become too much of in need sex pervert with no Asuna.
belatkuro said:
Paul said:
Kirito already said in the Silica episode that Suguha is not his sister but his cousin so no need for spoiler tags for it.
OH REALLY? OK then. Cousins are cool too but yeah I swipe her in my harem! I like her looks TBH.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 6, 2012 5:41 PM

Aug 2009
endlessabyss said:
I suppose the rest of the remaining episodes will now focus on side stories now that the anime has reached the end of the main novel of the story (vol. 1)? o.O

No side stories.ALO is a direct continuation from the SAO arc.
Oct 6, 2012 5:42 PM

Apr 2009
best anime this year anyone who disagrees why are you even here?
Oct 6, 2012 5:44 PM

Dec 2010
endlessabyss said:

Nah there is another arc called ALO, there will be no fillers or side stories

Aug 2009
Calumz said:

You remember Fate/Zero?

As much as I like the LN the anime isnt the best anime of the year.Not even close actually.

Sep 2012
really amazing and unexpected ep. now i'm really glad to see kirito find asuna in real life and hopefully a glimpse of them with kids and stuff.
Oct 6, 2012 5:45 PM

Oct 2010
Honestly I dont care what anybody says this was one of the most emotional episodes I have ever seen in anime.
So many different things happened and honestly I didnt have a problem with any of it.
I really wish I could turn time foward but I will just have to wait until next week
Oct 6, 2012 5:46 PM

Sep 2012
Paul said:

Guess I'll try again.

True that it has never been mentioned that you can't do some sort of final stand/final attack but that also applies in reverse, they never said you can either.

Following the concept of the game, even the most basic moves require a skill, such as passive healing and even Asuna's flips/jumps are skills. I wouldn't be surprise if a "Final Attack (after death)" skill were required to be equipped to even be used. Other wise, it'd simply be Kirito waving his sword around before death, and thus refer back to my previous post in this quote tree.

erm there you go again mentioning something thats got nothing to do with this, i never said anything about skills and such....

but again its still not a plothole when it doesn't contradict what's said or whats happened

if it hasn't been mentioned you can't perform one last strike before disappearing then its not a plothole until either:
1. its mentioned later in the LN/anime you can't perform "last stand"
2.someone tries to do last stand but doesn't inflict damage

its sorta like the rule of being "innocent until proven guilty"

and seeing as how SAO has now crumbled, those two things will never happen

this argument is now becoming rather redundant, can we stop now because its starting to become like the redundant flame wars between elite fans and elite haters when i only wanted to prove a point which i have

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:
Calumz said:

You remember Fate/Zero?

As much as I like the LN the anime isnt the best anime of the year.Not even close actually.

fate zero? please dont compare that with this SAO is totally different and better

Dec 2010
ssjokg said:
Calumz said:

You remember Fate/Zero?

Pretty much this, i enjoy the anime and i really like the LN but that said it isn't the best of year, and even if it was its not like only those who think its the best can comment, its only when people get excessive with their insults that it gets out of hand.
Oct 6, 2012 5:47 PM

Jun 2008
Calumz said:

Yeah, who watches anything that isn't the best anime of the year?

This show is so horrible. What the hell is going to happen now?
Oct 6, 2012 5:47 PM

Jan 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

Which reminded me. If you don't want a major spoiler, don't go into Suguha's page and look at her images, though it's kinda obvious but unless you want to.
Oct 6, 2012 5:48 PM

Jan 2008
Zekken said:
Paul said:

Guess I'll try again.

erm there you go again mentioning something thats got nothing to do with this, i never said anything about skills and such....

but again its still not a plothole when it doesn't contradict what's said or whats happened

if it hasn't been mentioned you can't perform one last strike before disappearing then its not a plothole until either:

this argument is now becoming rather redundant, can we stop now because its starting to become like the redundant flame wars between elite fans and elite haters when i only wanted to prove a point which i have

Skills have plenty to do with it but regardless, as you wish, I will stop.
Oct 6, 2012 5:49 PM

Aug 2009
Calumz said:
ssjokg said:
Calumz said:

You remember Fate/Zero?

fate zero? please dont compare that with this SAO is totally different and better

troll detected...ok guys move along...........
Oct 6, 2012 5:50 PM

Apr 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
Calumz said:

show is boring.. so your here why? gtfo
Oct 6, 2012 5:51 PM

Jun 2008
Calumz said:
Redfoxoffire said:
Calumz said:

I didn't say it was boring, I said it was horrible.
Oct 6, 2012 5:52 PM

Aug 2009
Paul said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Which reminded me. If you don't want a major spoiler, don't go into Suguha's page and look at her images, though it's kinda obvious but unless you want to.

About that ,when reading the LN I thought it would be really funny is that was true but still I wasnt expecting it.
Oct 6, 2012 5:52 PM

Oct 2010
HibiChouchou said:
HAHA, just wondering how will they implement this part, as it's existed in the novel:

WARNING: THE TEXT CONTAINS A LOT OF NTR MOMENTS

Rage please !
RAGE? AT THIS? More like give me a target.....HEAD SHOT! Right away! Yep the guy needs to die for doing this to Asuna and all her supporters think the same way.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 6, 2012 5:53 PM

Apr 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
Calumz said:
Redfoxoffire said:
Calumz said:

then go away? i dont get why people so stupid and decide to hate a anime cause you dislike it? but please continue to hate a anime and waste your time
Oct 6, 2012 5:54 PM

Jun 2008
Calumz said:
Redfoxoffire said:
Calumz said:
Redfoxoffire said:
Calumz said:

then go away? i dont get why people so stupid and decide to hate a anime cause you dislike it?

I am allowed to post my opinion of this show here. Thank you.
Oct 6, 2012 5:55 PM

Apr 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
Calumz said:
Redfoxoffire said:
Calumz said:
Redfoxoffire said:
Calumz said:

then go away? i dont get why people so stupid and decide to hate a anime cause you dislike it?

I am allowed to post my opinion of this show here. Thank you.

so post ur opinion and move on? i dont understand why people continue to hate after dropping the anime like episode 1 just go away and get a life
Oct 6, 2012 5:56 PM

Sep 2012
Paul said:
Zekken said:
Paul said:

Guess I'll try again.

Skills have plenty to do with it but regardless, as you wish, I will stop.

maybe with heathcliffs death but nothing to do with a final swing, thanks for stopping
Oct 6, 2012 5:56 PM
Apr 2009
If my muscles atrophied after two weeks, there's no way Kirito would be able to get up and walk right then.

Just saying.
Pages (27) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best anime ? ( 1 2 )

inthelovedotorg - Jun 11

91 by Theo1899 »»
1 hour ago

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

19 by nasralkhatib »»
Jun 8, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1446 by kosarzek »»
Jun 6, 7:11 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

74 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 4, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1269 by Hesmiyu »»
Jun 4, 7:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.