Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Nov 9, 2023 2:09 PM
Apr 2021
fourscarsman said:
If I could summarize this episode in a sentence, it would be:

Satisfying, but not totally satisfied.

Still wait for a week to conclude this arc, huh?

It's really good episode, but you already know they will win. So when the episode is preparing theirs came back, you are already waiting that to happen, not much of a surprise. That said, what a great episode
Nov 9, 2023 3:10 PM
Aug 2017
the battles were amazing
Nov 9, 2023 8:14 PM
Aug 2019
Reply to billybub
@Lin009 well you thought wrong, it's neither a battle shounen nor a meditation on time and immortality. It's just a good fantasy
@billybub I can't even really say that Frieren has impressed me as a fantasy series either. It hasn't introduced any interesting themes or elements that separates it from some of the other fantasy series I have watched. Made in Abyss for example is a harrowing adventure series about the human condition and inspite of losing ones human form the love and connection the characters form with one another don't ever really die. I just wished Frieren had more harrowing stakes and consequences for the characters decisions. I have no fear Frieren will lose or be set back significantly. She's survived 1000 years up to now at the very least.
Nov 9, 2023 11:48 PM
Jul 2011
fantastic episode, both in animation and exposition. masterclass in storytelling.
Nov 9, 2023 11:51 PM
Jul 2011
Reply to Softhenic03
If anything, atleast Lugner realised and recalled who Frieren was, I mean it’d have been a waste if he died without knowing after all. As for the adjectives used with her name, it seems like every demon out in the town shares the same sentiment and views, you see Aura knows it quite well too.

Liked how Frieren just jumped in front of Aura’s undead army, and started obliterating them, as she might have done all those 80 years ago. Though Aura’s scale of obedience could be tricky, but it doesn’t mean fuck to Frieren, as the army is undead, and morever like she stated herself, as there’s no Himmel this time around, she could take her time and pleasure to out Aura to her place, once and for all.

ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS how Fern just ripped that piece of cloth from her attire which Stark touched and threw it some kilometres away… she’s so harsh to Stark:((( It could mean something else too, but this way it was comedy gold, without even intending.

We were waiting for Frieren vs Aura, but that’s for later in its full extent, as Fern against Lugner took the complete cake this time around. Visual spectacle it was already, but the music in the background complimented a LOT too. Fern, with her monstrous powers, had a literal demon in shambles.

Stark again with his never say die. He might not be as powerful as Frieren or Fern but he’s in his own league too. Goodbye girl, nobody would remember you, and you too, Lugner:)
Softhenic03 said:
It could mean something else too, but this way it was comedy gold, without even intending.

not sure what you mean, it was obviously because she realized the blood could track them. nicely illustrated when when then looks at the blood on his arms, does not comment, but then touches the blood on his jacket and points out there is magic in it. just like on her robe.
It has nothing to do with Stark.
But yes, the implied comedy is fantastic.
Nov 9, 2023 11:53 PM
Jul 2011
Reply to ArimaKana
Fern is behind them in everything except speed but she overwhelemed him with sheer speed. That was legit amazing.
@ArimaKana i think it's also important to consider that, because her magic is specialized for demon killing, the difference in magic power is likely either canceled out, or actually a net positive for fern. I'm pretty sure Lügner underestimated even that difference.
combine that with the fact that magic is so freaking lethal, her speed advantage is actually undersold quite heavily.
Nov 10, 2023 12:24 AM
Aug 2009
Luv'd the action <3
Nov 10, 2023 9:50 AM
Dec 2019
what a absurde episode.
Nov 10, 2023 4:47 PM
Apr 2023
This episode was spectacular
Nov 10, 2023 6:00 PM
May 2019
Splendid animation
Nov 10, 2023 7:12 PM

Jul 2017
Lugner realizing that it's Frieren who spearheaded the development of humanity learning Zoltraak, it just made his heart boil all the more on top of his despise for geniuses.

Graf Granat realizing that Frieren was right all along, he knew her from the Hero Part which the Granat town had faced against Aura once before with her undead army. Most importantly, her Scales of Obedience basically puts her into total advantage against her oppressors, though those like Graf who has strong magic can resist her will being strong-willed. If Himmel was alive, he would've scolded her, but since he has long past, Frieren can go unhinged like she wanted to, but that Fern and Stark also needed her to confront Lugner.

With the family emblem, Stark could've controlled the people, but with the demon blood having mana, both Lugner and Linie one-upped against their defenses, landing a fatal blow to Fern. As Stark faces Linie, Fern is left with Lugner for the revenge attack, though he is hasty about killing her before he even gets a chance to see Frieren. Just as Lugner had travelled to perfect his magic, so does Fern through Frieren, and they're even, as Linie has already wrapped up hers with Stark. Fern's persistence could spell the end of Lugner, while Stark is just going through the motions of pumping out attacks learnt by Eisen, that for Linie, is easy to read. But for Stark, they're just cheap imitations that in one fell swoop, defeated Linie, and Lugner got distracted for a moment to have Fern use Zoltraak against him, that's kills registered.

Flawless action, delivered to the max.
Nov 11, 2023 7:11 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Absolutely fantastic fight between Stark and Lilie as well as the one between Ferna and the other demon. That was some mad direction and animation. All of the blows had impact not only in power but emotion and even though their face expression don't show much you could cut the tension with a kitchen knife based the way each character approached it.

Both of them in conjunction must now be nominated for the CR awards, right?... right?
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 11, 2023 1:30 PM
Sep 2016
There should be an award there's an episode that's not emotional. Stark getting back up got to me. Usopp was also my favorite character in One Piece so these kinds of things get to me i guess.

Also just so many beautiful cuts, Fern against not-Johan and the mini fight between Frieren and the army. Even Stark putting on his jacket has this great character acting to it (i promise im not just some raving Stark fanboy these are coincidence lmao)
Nov 11, 2023 3:36 PM
Feb 2020
All frieren is good
Nov 12, 2023 12:30 AM
Feb 2015
Even wearing jacket animation was top-notch. BOth are more powerful than they were expected and Frieren was right about it
Nov 12, 2023 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
is in this series a single girl capable of showing emotions on her face? xd
great episode.
Nov 12, 2023 10:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The best episode of the season!!
Great fights!!!
kekeke
Nov 14, 2023 10:10 AM

Nov 2021
One of the best episodes of this year for sure. The animation is incredible
Nov 14, 2023 6:52 PM
Jun 2012
More phenomenal battle sequences.

Hasn't topped the dragon sequence. But has come close.
Nov 17, 2023 9:34 PM
Feb 2020
probably the best episode yet
i love this show
Nov 18, 2023 7:33 PM

Jun 2014
It looks like Fern and Stark have taken care of their opponents.

Now, they'd better catch up to Frieren.

Nov 19, 2023 5:07 PM
Nov 2023
Amazing 10 out of 10 from me anyway
Nov 20, 2023 1:09 PM
Sep 2022
Very well written, I'm already hooked on these characters and can't wait to see what becomes of their adventure.
Nov 20, 2023 9:29 PM
Dec 2020
They are overvaluing it too much
Nov 21, 2023 6:19 AM
May 2016
There is only one word to describe each episode so far: beautiful.
Nov 21, 2023 6:47 AM
May 2017
Madhouse reminding us that incredible animation is not exclusive to MAPPA
Nov 23, 2023 8:36 PM
Apr 2018
Amazing battle! I am really impressed about the level of story telling and animation in this series. And again, the SOUNDTRACK!!!!!! This show is really good.
Nov 23, 2023 9:37 PM
Sep 2023
Very good and excellent
Nov 24, 2023 10:23 AM
Jul 2016
Reply to Embient
8:52 daaaamn this clothing animation. 10:43 Here too. They really went all-out on clothes this episode.
16:00 Does Balterie mean anything? All names in this have been in German so far but the translator doesn't bring up anything.
21:45 Erfassen means "capture" apparently.
22:21 Had to rewind this to see that Stark actually slashed her. I wish there was a slash sound. But still this is epic af
This is definitely top 5 most well-animated anime this year.
@Embient the official subs are for "Balterie" are Bluterei, which is a word between the Bleeding and haemorrhaging, like Hurerei is something between whoredom and prostitution. Common usage would be "Diese ganze Bluterei verschmutzt den Boden", which would translate to "All this bleeding soils the floor". "Erfassen" can have two meanings, to target something (in the sense of locking on) or to recognize/grasp something.
Nov 24, 2023 10:43 PM
Jul 2022
So elegant so beautiful just looking like a wow 😲
Nov 24, 2023 11:54 PM

Oct 2020
Lugner's inner monologue where he's trying to convince himself that he's stronger than Fern as he's actively losing was an interesting perspective to see during their battle
While it can come across as Lugner just being arrogant and naïve, I think they might be trying to emphasize Frieren's initial point that demons are one-track minded beasts
Nov 25, 2023 5:21 AM

Mar 2014
Those fighting scenes are so well animated. I think I last saw such quality in Fate Zero.
Nov 25, 2023 2:10 PM

May 2020
The Seven Sages of Destruction and Aura facing against the main trio. Lugner and Linie couldn't keep up in the end, Fren used magic designed against demons so she got a smooth win while Sturk remained robust even after taking major damage. The fights are pure spectacle, amazing animation direction as I was expecting at this point

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Nov 26, 2023 10:32 AM
Jun 2020
………………………….Fireworks !

Nov 27, 2023 4:43 AM
Sep 2020
they animated so well and really enjoyable in my opinion in overall
Nov 27, 2023 6:26 PM
Mar 2020
miss me with this garbage anime
Nov 27, 2023 8:50 PM
Feb 2016
its insane how can you make grow the secondary characters so much in just 1 cap, i think this anime should get more fans
Nov 30, 2023 8:06 PM
Nov 2019
This is why you don't monologue.
Dec 2, 2023 8:26 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah another astonishing visual coming from Madhouse, this is such a great serve, lovin this action-filled episode. Especially since its not everyday you see Fern doing all those magic action alone without her master. Yes, she finally manage to overcome all the underestimating matter, and blow the shit out of those arrogant Lugner body without mistake like before. Say what, Lugner? Wanna go to Frieren? Meh, you can't even protect yourself from a little girl killing magic. You such a dissapointment, blood demon....

Same as those demon girl. She imitate the wrong person honestly. Eisen even afraid of Stark power. Here she was, trying to act tough with the dwarf moves, only to get sliced up by the same Stark move when he's slaying the red dragon before. Pure treat, this is a wow to me!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 3, 2023 7:24 AM

Aug 2014
Now I like it, after very boring first 5-6 episodes it gets way better now in the last two episodes and this one is great.
I am surprised by how strong Fern is and how she fights for real. I wonder how she blocked that first attack or healed her wound it was close to hearth...
and Stark had nice evolution, but he could have some armor.. a warrior should have some armor maybe magical.. didn't this dragon have any magical things? that was a waste for the story
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 3, 2023 4:43 PM
Dec 2023
Awesome and very epic Fren vs Lügner, and Stark vs Linie 😍
Dec 4, 2023 8:28 AM
Jun 2021
frieren is sooo hot
Dec 5, 2023 10:01 AM
Nov 2023
Good animation!!
Dec 5, 2023 5:55 PM

Jan 2021
One of the best fights I've ever seen

Dec 9, 2023 11:57 AM

May 2021
Best episode so far . The action animation is better than most of the anime out there and the music is absolutely beautiful !!! So damn good

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Dec 11, 2023 5:06 PM
Jun 2023
yes good pleaes keep doing hit hsi li lvoe tohis
Dec 15, 2023 4:18 PM
Jul 2019
One of the best episode
Dec 16, 2023 8:30 PM
Dec 2023
the characters when fighting give me no emotion and their face have no emotion either when they hurt
Dec 17, 2023 5:34 AM
Sep 2019
OMG this was truly a great episode
Dec 18, 2023 11:08 PM

Aug 2023
both Fern and Stark were amazing.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

910 by 3minutesbefore »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2023

243 by romzanalimohon »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

252 by romzanalimohon »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

304 by romzanalimohon »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

626 by romzanalimohon »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.