Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jul 6, 2023 10:15 AM
Jun 2023
Nice ending! A solid 6 out of 10 from me seems fair, a Nice story some memorable characters, mainly Carol and Misuzu.
Jul 7, 2023 11:09 AM
Mar 2022
great finally, kinda late but this was one good rom-com
Jul 12, 2023 9:35 AM

Jan 2018
I heard a lot about this manga, especially on Reddit (two years ago, there was a Reddit user who started coloring panels from this manga and got a lot of upvotes.)

However, after watching the series, I must admit that it didn't live up to the hype for me.

In my experience, Tomo-chan felt like just another generic rom-com. It lacked that special spark that leaves a lasting impression or evokes strong emotions. The comedy, unfortunately, fell flat and failed to elicit genuine laughter from me. As for the romance, it felt uninspiring and didn't draw me in as I had hoped.

Regarding the ending, I found it to be rather "normal". I'm not entirely sure why there was such disappointment among many fans.
Perhaps my lack of daily manga reading or not having waited eagerly for the next chapter affected my perspective, as I didn't share the same attachment or emotional investment as those who followed the original source material back in the day.

Overall, I think this show deserves a 7/10.
Average anime enjoyer.
Jul 19, 2023 9:10 AM
May 2023
good ep
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Jul 21, 2023 1:57 PM

Mar 2008
The reaction the film having an unexpected sex scene was great lol

That was so stupid of Jun to try to get approval from her dad. Such a weird formality, who cares what parents think, but I guess it also makes sense one would want the approval so they would never get in the way of a relationship or bring a hard time on someone you care about over it. Good thing it worked out in the end.
Jul 22, 2023 1:28 PM

Aug 2011
Totally binged this one; once I started, I couldn't stop. 

Loved the characters; they were well balanced and appealing. Gundou's character was outstanding; her stoicism and her rather perverseness kept the anime from being average.  I would love to see a spin-off focused on her. 
Aug 6, 2023 8:21 PM
Oct 2021
What a beautiful ending, just as good as the manga. Shame we probably won't get a season 2, but it's better we don't lest it end up like Devil is a Part-Timer.

Fantastic show and exactly what I expected from it and more.
Aug 7, 2023 11:02 AM
May 2023
It's a wonderful wholesome show and pretty unique in the way the main female character's personality is since I haven't watched many animes with tomboy characters.
Aug 9, 2023 8:20 PM

Apr 2015
Well, that was way better than Takagi-san
I wished they focused more on Misusu romance rather than Carol's but I guess the Manga also didn't
Aug 23, 2023 9:35 PM
Feb 2021
Were the earrings Jun gifted Tomo little J’s or little T’s? It looked like both to me which I thought was super cute. this anime made me so happy, I binged it in a day :) I thought it was so funny and cute and whenever the characters blushed it made me smile
Sep 9, 2023 4:13 PM
Dec 2020
Good last episode, nothing more nothing less
Sep 17, 2023 3:35 AM
Aug 2020
Honestly it is nice to see a romance with somewhat grown up characters so you can look at a scene of them kissing without feeling like there is something seriously wrong with you.

I don't really see the anime adaptation as ground breaking by any measure but it was a fun romcom which is very hard to come across these days since the new anime audience is just so extremely focused on angsty shows with linkin park aesthetics or drama shows that are so extremely tragic it might as well be categorized as telenovella.

Nice to see something that resembles earlier tastes of people that is much similar to silly, fun, happy go lucky show like Nyan Koi rather than shows with surprisingly serious undertones like Nagatoro or Kokoroni Yabai yatsu as they remind me of Nazo no Kanojo which I really would rather forget.
Sep 17, 2023 9:48 AM
Jun 2023
It's just like your average romcom except this show is more fun but it's look mediocre if you compare it with any good romcom
Sep 25, 2023 8:01 AM

Jun 2021
that Gendo Ikari pose while she's trying his gift, come on. After this, i'm asking myself if the extreme awkward moments of a official couple are often like those of Tomo and Jun, because i obviously have no experience at all and don't even care to try first hand.

LOL at Tomo's dad being confronted like that in front of a powerless mother. And Jun brings her to the match, because "everyone has a weakness". Terry Silver would be proud.

So, Tomo rushes to the fight and Jun didn't even notice her having arrived. It seemed unlikely for her dad to actually lose but Akemi intervened at the best moment.

The ending is WONDERFUL. If i could have a badass lady like Tomo, not even necessarily as a girlfriend, jumping at me with such good intentions and even better in a gi, i know i'm recycling this Craig from South Park joke every time but i don't care, i would be sooooooooooooooooooo happy.

13 episodes seem still such a small number. It won't become a top 10 favorite as a partial result, but it was exactly the feel good series that was expected and yet another reason of emptiness feeling for ending a anime that lived up to the hype. Even for someone like me that not even remotely ever had a chance to live anything lived by these characters when i had their age. 9/10.
_untitledSep 25, 2023 8:19 AM
Oct 14, 2023 9:33 AM
Oct 2023
Honestly I was sad it ended so soon.
i'll miss Tomo and her friends but hey loved the funny and good memories.
Oct 20, 2023 2:48 PM
Oct 2022
this anime was PEAK i enjoyed it sm
Nov 15, 2023 10:46 AM
Jul 2021
The final scenes with Tomo’s dad had me worried it was going to wrap on a more cliche ending but seeing it warp into Tomo and Jun pushing each other to keep being stronger was a great twist on top of everything else this romcom has diverted from. A great watch all around!
Dec 22, 2023 10:18 PM
Nov 2022
ITS WAS OKAY !!!
kinda like it
Dec 27, 2023 6:37 AM
Nov 2020
.............. UwU
Dec 28, 2023 10:27 PM
Mar 2022
I didn't expect it to be so good and really interesting, it made me realize some things about myself, I feel as if they made this series about me, and I understand Tomo so much With the fact that she wants to be looked at as a girl and not as a boy, *I haven't laughed like this from a series in a long time
DIVINENEI777Dec 29, 2023 6:38 AM
Jan 12, 7:29 AM

Apr 2013
Last episode felt a bit pointless, except for the kiss in the end. Tomo's father has some weird logic, isn't it better for Tomo to have someone like Jun nearby in a dangerous situation than no one at all?

Overall a good romcom. The comedy worked most of the time and the characters were entertaining to watch. Jun was probably my least favorite and Carol my favorite character in this one. 7/10
Feb 21, 6:04 PM
Mar 2023
Very wholesome, tomboys are my demise
Feb 22, 8:47 PM

Jul 2008
Oh now the dad decides to step in on all of this? Out of left field much?

Anyway glad they finally figured it all out. 7/10
Mar 11, 6:28 PM
Feb 2024
saya jelaskan dalam bahasa indonesia!. Anime ini sangat saya rekomendasikan untuk kalian, Karena tidak seperti Anime lain!!
Mar 31, 2:02 AM

Aug 2013
There is only one big problem with anime like these - the unfulfillable wish to have a tomboish friend which may become your girlfriend theoretically. I didn't feel myself like this for a long time - since my experience with Chie Satonaka in Persona 4.
Apr 16, 10:42 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Aryan-0_0
I thought manga readers said that the final chap was bad and left everything unresolved but this final ep looked good enough to me.
@Aryan-0_0 ha thodi bahut chize weird thi but overall a good ending.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

103 by Magicmist »»
May 19, 11:15 PM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2023

140 by Magicmist »»
May 19, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Would this show be better without Carol?

eWEQRW123123 - Apr 21

38 by Shinn_Asuka »»
May 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2023

158 by RGreatDanton »»
May 3, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2023

206 by RGreatDanton »»
May 3, 2:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.