Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2014 10:56 PM
Apr 2013
Cheesekao said:
chickenonthepan said:

Pretty sure he laid out the frame and other writer adds details and find a way to execute his idea. And the "other writer" is so bad at that. He will return in 3 final episode (22-23-24) if I recall correctly.

I'm not sure if that's a good idea. It could very well be a 180 from the previous episodes and make no sense at all but we'll see.

ollythirteen said:

It sure feels like his work, though. You know?

Things happening or not happening because of plot?
Characters that are horribly evil just 'cause?
And now good guys getting stepped on?

Even after knowing that he was done writing it after episode 3 people still predict Hime-sama will die.

At the very least the writers are probably following Urobuchi's blueprint due to a mixture of being fans, the Japanese culture pertaining to Seniority and respect and the fact that they're probably trying to emulate his past (undeserving in my opinion) success with the Urotrinity (Madoka, FZ and Psycho Pass).

I predict we'll soon be able to see similarities between this show and those three.

IIRC there were no 'horribly evil' people in Madoka and Fate/Zero, just complete asshats with twisted morals.

The old guy who tossed that little girl to the flesh eating worms in the first episode of FZ because "family". He was pretty evil. Him and that horrible excuse for a character that thought crucifying little kids was cool. He found what he was looking for in his guts? Typical nonsense writing there. Then there was Robo-priest who thought nothing of choking chicks or impaling them on his big sword who did those things because, to paraphrase another character in the show, he was "bored".

As for Madoka, where do I even begin?

SHAFT for passing off horrible paper machet looking things as "witches", SHAFT for its horrible cuts, SHAFT for -- ah...

Okay, then Kyuubei.

Meanwhile, just what was Makashima's reason for being such a sociopath?

I was marginalized by society because no Psycho Pass, boohoo!

Ugh, the guy needs to learn how to write convinving characters at least.

Don't get me started on Tsunemori's character development that never was (because plot).

Aug 23, 2014 11:00 PM
Apr 2013
y123y said:
ollythirteen said:

I get that. It's a shame about Japanese anime writing really (and LN writing too). Maybe they need to give more doujinshi/visual novel writers a chance or something.

I mean, the guy who wrote Steins;Gate for example? That guy needs to get more work.

(the creator of Higurashi too created something pretty amazing...most obvious plot twist I never saw coming... and let's not forget all that brain work that went into Eden of the East...say what you will about the movies but the show was creative as hell)

Steins Gates was really good, but those first 10 episodes were horrendous. You cannot praise Steins Gates without criticizing those first 10 episodes.

I swear to you I enjoyed those first ten episodes. I guess I'd watched waaaay too much slice of life anime to not be easily put off by just watching weird people interact.

That and the atmosphere of the show pulled me in and kept me there.

Just listening to the characters banter was enough. And you could tell there was history between the "childhood friends" of the show as opposed to most anime.

I liked the WHOLE of Steins;Gate, me. And even though that first episode was admittedly confusing getting to the end of the series made those first 10 episodes all the more powerful.

The only other show that gave me that feeling (of "Ooooooooh!") was Higurashi.

PS. I guess I'd watched a lot of romance anime by the time I came to watch Steins;Gate too because Okabe and Kurisu's relationship was enough to carry the show's first half for me. Add to that how uniquely different Okabe related with Daru, Moeka, Feyris and co and I was just in heaven with all the weirdness.
ollythirteenAug 23, 2014 11:06 PM

Aug 23, 2014 11:03 PM

Jan 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

His entire existence revolves around his Hime, if you take her away from him, he becomes nothing.

This is why I too believe his obsession with his Hime will be his downfall. The moment that he realizes, or is tricked by Saazbaum into realizing, that his Hime doesn't need him/find him as important as someone else, he'll probably go all batshit crazy. He'll go through all the mental and physical anguish that he had to suffer due to his devotion to her, and end up hating her for it all because she didn't return his feelings. It'll be like "I was tortured and nearly killed for you, whilst you were playing house with this fugly emotionless bastard who shot me down! Screw this, I ain't gonna help you out anymore.." or something like that.

Once that happens, he would make for some great antagonist material. Can totally see this happening since it's a Gen Urobuchi piece.

Sir, why you make me remember Kariya from FZ so much?
Aug 23, 2014 11:07 PM
Mar 2014
Oh God this is getting better by each episode !!!!!!!!!
Aug 23, 2014 11:09 PM
Apr 2013
y123y said:
ollythirteen said:

I swear to you I enjoyed those first ten episodes. I guess I'd watched waaaay too much slice of life anime to not be easily put off by just watching weird people interact.

That and the atmosphere of the show pulled me in and kept me there.

Just listening to the characters banter was enough. And you could tell there was history between the "childhood friends" of the show as opposed to most anime.

I liked the WHOLE of Steins;Gate, me. And even though that first episode was admittedly confusing getting to the end of the series made those first 10 episodes all the more powerful.

The only other show that gave me that feeling (of "Ooooooooh!") was Higurashi.

Higurashi started out great, until they did that whole "restart" thing. I hate it when animes do that. And its usually animes that I like, like Amagami, Photokano.

Oh noooooo, Photokano?? Amagami SS???

I can totally see why that put you off.

Higurashi gets better though.

Aug 23, 2014 11:22 PM
Apr 2013
y123y said:
ollythirteen said:

Oh noooooo, Photokano?? Amagami SS???

I can totally see why that put you off.

Higurashi gets better though.

Photokano and Amagami are romance animes that had tremendous potential until they did that restart thing.

I saw Higurashi, and its really good. Just cant give it the "great" tag due to the restart thing.

(Photokano? Really? Amagami SS though gets a pass)

Yes. The restart thing killed it for me when the friend who tried to explain the show to get me to watch told me about it.

But dat plot twist made up for it.

I understand what you mean though by the "good", not "great".

It would've gotten a "great" if the characters were more dimensional.

I guess that's asking too much in the horror genre. It would be too painful to watch all the horrible things happening to characters you cared about.

Kinda like how people are going they looked away when Slaine was getting tortured -- I felt nothing!

Aug 23, 2014 11:22 PM

Mar 2013
That part when Inaho told the captain that he didn't deliberately report Princess Asseylum was there made me like his character even more.
Slaine getting brutally tortured the whole episode by Cruhteo and later on apologizing, but ends up getting killed by Saazbaum -____-
Aug 23, 2014 11:49 PM

Aug 2014
An okay episode i guess. Seeing slaine get tortured didn't really hit me, it was like i was just watching a wall or something, not to mention it really was too long. To be honest he kinda looked pathetic, i mean seriously he needs to stop being the punching bag and get a break. Cruhteo just suddenly praising slaine for keeping the fact that the princess was alive was and then ask to get his wounds to be treated was very sudden and annoying. Cruhteo suddenly dying was sooooo like Urobutcher. Other than that the episode was okay.
Aug 23, 2014 11:51 PM
Jul 2013
boy, Slaine just can't catch a break. He gets tortured for what might be considered hours and then when Cruhteo finally praises Slaine and gives him a break (after he goes unconscious), Saazbaum appears, seemingly kills Cruhteo, then takes Slaine away (probably interrogate him more effectively than Cruhteo). Wow, poor Slaine. I hope Asseylum finds out about his circumstance.
Aug 23, 2014 11:56 PM

Nov 2013
Well, I'm not sure what to feel about this episode. The twist at the end was... interesting. Anyway, I was disappointed a couple of episodes ago because I thought we won't see Inaho vs. Slaine but Slaine's words in this episode sort of implied that it's still on.

3/5

ollythirteen said:
The old guy who tossed that little girl to the flesh eating worms in the first episode of FZ because "family". He was pretty evil. Him and that horrible excuse for a character that thought crucifying little kids was cool. He found what he was looking for in his guts? Typical nonsense writing there. Then there was Robo-priest who thought nothing of choking chicks or impaling them on his big sword who did those things because, to paraphrase another character in the show, he was "bored".
You realize that 90% of F/Z's events and characters are not even Urobuchi's ideas right? That line in bold especially, that was laid out in F/SN long before F/Z was even written so you can't really criticize Urobuchi for it.
Aug 23, 2014 11:59 PM

Aug 2014
Chiyo361 said:
An okay episode i guess. Seeing slaine get tortured didn't really hit me, it was like i was just watching a wall or something, not to mention it really was too long. To be honest he kinda looked pathetic, i mean seriously he needs to stop being the punching bag and get a break. Cruhteo just suddenly praising slaine for keeping the fact that the princess was alive was and then ask to get his wounds to be treated was very sudden and annoying. Cruhteo suddenly dying was sooooo like Urobutcher. Other than that the episode was okay.
Too bad Urobuchi didn't write the script for this episode. If he did I'd hope there'd be more reason for the way that this episode ended than there was.
Aug 24, 2014 12:48 AM

Jan 2011
my faith in this has died a little after this episode ,still this can change depending on if it ends strong
Aug 24, 2014 1:23 AM

Nov 2012
slaine torture scene so good. with dem black gundam in the end.
inaho still boring as fuck

rayet : "BLABALBA HELLO I AM MARTIAN!"
... they dont realize it? lmao
ninjastarforcexAug 24, 2014 1:45 AM
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 24, 2014 1:23 AM

Dec 2013
Felt really bad for slaine getting tortured. The ending was insane! 5/5
Aug 24, 2014 1:59 AM

Apr 2010
So like, here we have a branch point in the story lol, how the rest of the series goes pretty much hinges on where they plan to take the characters, the result of which could be really mediocre, or really epic.

I couldn't careless about Slaine, he comes across is a whiny bitch to me. However I have to admit that he is a key character. Big Bad trying to keep him alive and retrieving him is pretty obvious. Aldnoah research is key, SOMEBODY had to teach the Terrans how to convert Deucalion into a flying battleship. Watching the goddamn kiss scene over and over again got boring really fast however... that sort of kills my attention span.

Inaho is still being a stone cold boss. I can see people feel that he's bland because of this, but seriously, his emotionless impartiality is what allows the writers to make him overcome each underwhelmingly overwhelming Martian Weekly Challenge. Winning with science against a super technologically advanced opponent takes a certain level of "No shits given" to break the plot direction.

On to the Good Count Cruhteo, on account that he isn't Bad Count Cruhteo, he didn't just flip out and turn good from what I percieved, but was angry over the Princess's supposed death. After finding out that the Princess was still alive, and that the kid he'd been beating up the whole time like a sack of crap was actually not worthless crap after all. So he showed a positive emotion for the first time.

Good Count Cruhteo seems to be powered by Honour, to him, Slaine's obsession with the Princess was honourable.

I agree that the killing of Good Count Cruhteo kills any chances of an epic war between Orbital Knights, UNLESS he pulls a Nick Fury and fakes his death and goes renegade. His body wasn't shown disintegrating or anything, but neither were the majority of the other defeated Knights.

The episode was ruined for me.

Aug 24, 2014 2:06 AM

Jan 2014
tokoharu said:

Watching the goddamn kiss scene over and over again got boring really fast however... that sort of kills my attention span.

This, this, THIS...
God, if they are going to show than freaking scene in the future again, I will go rage.
Can't find anyway to redeem this abusing use of fanservice scene.
Aug 24, 2014 2:08 AM

Feb 2014
Slaine again making this anime worthwhile. Starting to get more interesting now.
Aug 24, 2014 2:13 AM
Jul 2010
Am I the only one who's enjoying this and rated this episode 5/5? Lol why so much hate?

After this, I liked Slain's character more. He's so loyal, and would do anything to protect hime. It's kinda annoying that once Cruteo accepted him, he got killed.. -_-
There could've been so much potential if the writers built their relationship, but I REALLY HOPE they'd leave his death at that, and don't mess up by "somehow" bringing him up in the final episodes... although I have a bad feeling that some magic like that would happen.
Aug 24, 2014 2:21 AM

Nov 2012
NorikoW said:
Am I the only one who's enjoying this and rated this episode 5/5? Lol why so much hate?

After this, I liked Slain's character more. He's so loyal, and would do anything to protect hime. It's kinda annoying that once Cruteo accepted him, he got killed.. -_-
There could've been so much potential if the writers built their relationship, but I REALLY HOPE they'd leave his death at that, and don't mess up by "somehow" bringing him up in the final episodes... although I have a bad feeling that some magic like that would happen.

bu...but inaho fangay said slaine is boring one dimensional character and we shouldnt like him..
XD
Aug 24, 2014 2:28 AM

Jul 2007
NorikoW said:

When episode sucks and writing makes no sense, people tend to react accordingly. No way in hell this is worth anything higher than 3/5.

After this, I liked Slain's character more. He's so loyal, and would do anything to protect hime.

Lemme get this straight, you like Slaine because he is an one-dimensional tunnel-vision idiot? Wait what.

No wonder people went gaga over gundam seed characters.
Aug 24, 2014 2:40 AM

Jan 2014
ninjastarforcex said:

bu...but inaho fangay said slaine is boring one dimensional character and we shouldnt like him..
XD

You again... There are many people here are Inaho fangay as you say. And They are who take this show as it is, not praising Slaine for whatever he does. Fai above is good example.

And there are none here tell you to stop liking Slaine. Link one quote plz.

But we have freedom to criticize him as long as we have arguments. Your love for character doesn't stop him from being one-dimensional character, who has only his precious princess in mind. (like Shirou - DEEN FSN anime adaption. Oh what am I saying. Shirou has FAR more inner struggle and character depth than this. But DEEN's adaption is so bad that it takes away almost all his character depth, so anyway...)

Want him to not being 1 dimensional? Easy. Put some brain inside his head instead pouring in mindless bravery. "I have to protect Princess but my fellow Terrans is suffering and may need her too. I should find out more about their initiative before taking any further action"; "Which side should I go with? My homeland or royalty with Princess?", "I'm sure there are infighting between these knights, so I will find loyalists and gather them to protect Asseylum Hime.", "the Terrans may be using Asseylum Hime now but at least she is safe. Will taking her with me expose her to danger? Do I have anything to ensure her safety?"... Hah.

I personally tell Slaine fanboy to stop blaming Inaho for all Slaine's problem. Blaming Inaho for not picking him up? Are you kidding me?

And I think it's Inaho who is carrying this show with his mecha of the week fights. this show proves to have no depth or whatever until now. It wasted so many possibility for plot advancements, especially in episode 8. All was sacrificed for one sake: fan service scene. All is interesting in this show, for me, is the fights of Inaho. Most enjoyable.

Want to argue more with me and run like a loser as before?
Just_ChickenAug 24, 2014 3:51 AM
Aug 24, 2014 3:29 AM

Jan 2009
Oh damnit Cruhteo and damn you Urobutcher.

I liked this episode overall - can't wait for next week.
Aug 24, 2014 4:05 AM

Apr 2013
kickmesign said:
This episode made me hate Inaho even more now, what a fuckin prick, leaving Slaine to get tortured and not even giving a fuck that he was the princess's friend.

Why should he care when the princess clearly doesn't?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 24, 2014 4:17 AM

May 2014
WUT R U DOIN TO SLAINE????!!! WHYYYYYYY!!!!????!!!! Poor guy.....

Aug 24, 2014 4:20 AM

Jul 2007
The only way they can make this work is if they slowly turn Slaine into obsessive hime-stalker who convinces himself to show his "love and devotion" by murdering earth people whom he firmly believes to be some sort of "evil oppressor" who kidnapped the princess.
While Princess in reality is actually growing desperate to get the fuck away from him and actually work on whole peace bullshit, all of that possibly leading to her ending up pulling a gun on him like in the op and shooting him and slowly going crazy or something.

That is the only way I see them turning this trainwreck into a FUN trainwreck.
Aug 24, 2014 4:21 AM

Nov 2012
chickenonthepan said:
trldr

relax and have fun bro XD
Aug 24, 2014 4:47 AM

Jan 2009
Is there a possibility that Cruhteo is alive? because I'm really pissed off right now.
I mean what's the point of making him find the truth and decide to help Slaine if he's gonna die just like that?! and Slaine... god! he has the worst luck in this show!
I'm only interested in the action though, never really cared about the plot.
Aug 24, 2014 4:55 AM

Feb 2014
Fai said:
The only way they can make this work is if they slowly turn Slaine into obsessive hime-stalker who convinces himself to show his "love and devotion" by murdering earth people whom he firmly believes to be some sort of "evil oppressor" who kidnapped the princess.
While Princess in reality is actually growing desperate to get the fuck away from him and actually work on whole peace bullshit, all of that possibly leading to her ending up pulling a gun on him like in the op and shooting him and slowly going crazy or something.

That is the only way I see them turning this trainwreck into a FUN trainwreck.

This is exactly what I would love to see. The only way Aldnoah.zero could be good again. This anime has a lot of potential but doesn't capitalize on it at all.

And I don't get Slaine's fanboys. One-dimensional naive character with only princess and kiss scene on his mind who can't think straight. Screw him, Count Saazbaum ganbatte!
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Aug 24, 2014 4:58 AM
Jul 2010
Fai said:
NorikoW said:

When episode sucks and writing makes no sense, people tend to react accordingly. No way in hell this is worth anything higher than 3/5.

After this, I liked Slain's character more. He's so loyal, and would do anything to protect hime.

Lemme get this straight, you like Slaine because he is an one-dimensional tunnel-vision idiot? Wait what.

No wonder people went gaga over gundam seed characters.

Wanting to protect something with his life doesn't make him one-dimensional. He clearly values hime more than his own life, and tried to reach her on his own without any help from the orbital knights, so why is he a one-dimensional tunnel-vision idiot?

There certainly are problems with the plot currently, and we're still on episode 8 so it's early to judge, and as I said, I hope they don't mess it up conclude with an ending that makes sense.
Aug 24, 2014 4:59 AM

Jul 2014
Fai said:

That would be fun to watch. Also it is a likely development, since after the long torture and near-death experience he could easily get damaged in the head. Though, personally, I find that he has to be abused and betrayed some more before getting to this mentality. Maybe after being beaten in battle a few times by Inaho he well get to it.
The only objection that I have is that such a world-view would lower the amount of scenes, in which Slaine is blushing, and Slaine blushes adorably.

chickenonthepan said:
Want him to not being 1 dimensional? Easy. Put some brain inside his head instead pouring in mindless bravery. "I have to protect Princess but my fellow Terrans is suffering and may need her too. I should find out more about their initiative before taking any further action"; "Which side should I go with? My homeland or royalty with Princess?", "I'm sure there are infighting between these knights, so I will find loyalists and gather them to protect Asseylum Hime.", "the Terrans may be using Asseylum Hime now but at least she is safe. Will taking her with me expose her to danger? Do I have anything to ensure her safety?"... Hah.

I agree that it would be better if he was conflicted. He has such a good reasons for it too (but then, if they had shown some good sides to his life with the martians, if would've been even more interesting). Being focused only on his love interest makes him a pretty egoistic or exceptionally narrow-minded character. I wouldn't blame him, if he was done with choosing sides and simply wanted the princess all for himself, but it should be shown as a conscious and unusual choice.

Having said all that, I still blame Inaho for leaving Slaine floating. I'd like to see that choice of actions justified - kiling him would be much more logical and capturing him for interrogation must more useful.

[Edt: I can't get English spellchecker to work no matter what, so typos, typos everywhere!]
deadoptimistAug 24, 2014 5:30 AM
Aug 24, 2014 5:09 AM

Oct 2013
shit jsut hit the fan... again wtf is going to happen next ????
dam now we have to wait YYYYYYYYYYYYYY
great episode
[/quote]
Aug 24, 2014 5:11 AM

Mar 2014
I think Slaine will be tricked by Sauzbaum to fight the Earth forces and thus become the antagonist he seems to be setup as. Cruhteo is probably alive, and will have to clear his name by the looks of things. Slaine dun goofed lol.
Aug 24, 2014 5:25 AM

Nov 2013
tokoharu said:
So like, here we have a branch point in the story lol, how the rest of the series goes pretty much hinges on where they plan to take the characters, the result of which could be really mediocre, or really epic.

I couldn't careless about Slaine, he comes across is a whiny bitch to me. However I have to admit that he is a key character. Big Bad trying to keep him alive and retrieving him is pretty obvious. Aldnoah research is key, SOMEBODY had to teach the Terrans how to convert Deucalion into a flying battleship. Watching the goddamn kiss scene over and over again got boring really fast however... that sort of kills my attention span.

Inaho is still being a stone cold boss. I can see people feel that he's bland because of this, but seriously, his emotionless impartiality is what allows the writers to make him overcome each underwhelmingly overwhelming Martian Weekly Challenge. Winning with science against a super technologically advanced opponent takes a certain level of "No shits given" to break the plot direction.

On to the Good Count Cruhteo, on account that he isn't Bad Count Cruhteo, he didn't just flip out and turn good from what I percieved, but was angry over the Princess's supposed death. After finding out that the Princess was still alive, and that the kid he'd been beating up the whole time like a sack of crap was actually not worthless crap after all. So he showed a positive emotion for the first time.

Good Count Cruhteo seems to be powered by Honour, to him, Slaine's obsession with the Princess was honourable.

I agree that the killing of Good Count Cruhteo kills any chances of an epic war between Orbital Knights, UNLESS he pulls a Nick Fury and fakes his death and goes renegade. His body wasn't shown disintegrating or anything, but neither were the majority of the other defeated Knights.

The episode was ruined for me.

Eh, correct me but were you not explaining about how there are potential interesting developments above? Then why would it be ruined? Just wanted to clarify.

Anyways in regards to this episode, its not bad but neither is it fantastic. I agree about characters still being predominantly one sided. But one must take into account that it is only episode 8 of a 2 cour show. Development needs to be inputted but at a safe pace to be prevent a character from being overdeveloped and rushed as a result. The way they are developing Princess asseylum is the correct pace due to her inner conflicts. Furthermore, plot conflicts are also getting interesting as well. I just hope it doesnt really dwell towards the valvrave ending.

Tldr: Its just episode 8, stop trying to act like its the end of the world
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Aug 24, 2014 5:57 AM
Jan 2013
honestly IMO I'm not sure how about Cruhteo....
on one side last scene suggest that he was killed just in the moment he realised he was fooled all the time.

on the other side if he manged to survive that (for example I don't know dodged somehow that plasma sword) it would be so obvious "plot twist" that it could really destroy that "something" in the anime...

although I also would like to see tharsis in action.

@up episode 8 od 12 IRC so not sure if it should not actually at least start to go into the great confrontation or something....

also I agree that its something deeper in the fact that "main evil" started to get very interested in Slaine after he realised that its the son of the guy who was studying Aldnoah.

PS. am I only one that noticed some weakpoint of "flying battleship"? I mean if its suppose to fly so why only weaponry is located on the top of deck? this way ship is not capable of perform any histile action except try of ramming against any enemy that will get below its deck level.....

[I mean ship itself - not sure if we really can count here hangers and kataphracts in there cause those weaponry as for now proved only to be extremely inefective against martians kat's.....]
Aug 24, 2014 5:58 AM

Apr 2008
Trejgon said:
honestly IMO I'm not sure how about Cruhteo....
on one side last scene suggest that he was killed just in the moment he realised he was fooled all the time.

on the other side if he manged to survive that (for example I don't know dodged somehow that plasma sword) it would be so obvious "plot twist" that it could really destroy that "something" in the anime...

although I also would like to see tharsis in action.

@up episode 8 od 12 IRC so not sure if it should not actually at least start to go into the great confrontation or something....

also I agree that its something deeper in the fact that "main evil" started to get very interested in Slaine after he realised that its the son of the guy who was studying Aldnoah.

PS. am I only one that noticed some weakpoint of "flying battleship"? I mean if its suppose to fly so why only weaponry is located on the top of deck? this way ship is not capable of perform any histile action except try of ramming against any enemy that will get below its deck level.....

[I mean ship itself - not sure if we really can count here hangers and kataphracts in there cause those weaponry as for now proved only to be extremely inefective against martians kat's.....]

Did you miss the cannon turrets ?
Aug 24, 2014 6:05 AM

Jun 2008
Betting my imaginary money that Crutheo isn't dead. They basically pulled the same stunt it did with the fake princess.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 24, 2014 6:23 AM

Apr 2010
Hoping Inaho NTR's the princess in front of Slaine, and Slaine goes yangire.
Aug 24, 2014 6:24 AM

Apr 2013
Cruhteo better not be dead.
Powerful eyebrows.
Aug 24, 2014 6:39 AM

Jan 2013
Plot kinda being held by "Long Range Communications Jamming" and THAT ONLY.

If the jamming suddenly disappears, end credits can roll in 15 minutes.

One thing I don't understand is why the enemy tried to stop Cruhteo from killing Slain? Wouldn't it be better if he's dead?
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Aug 24, 2014 6:51 AM

Apr 2010
BlackShock_ said:
One thing I don't understand is why the enemy tried to stop Cruhteo from killing Slain? Wouldn't it be better if he's dead?

Bad guy martians want to know where the princess is, to finish the job. Before good guy martians find out the truth.
Aug 24, 2014 6:53 AM
Dec 2011
Slain's sexy body getting tortured. I touched my body and it was so arousing.

Inaho is a real disliekable jerk. Slaine saved everyone and he and all the crew ditched
him. wtf

Inaho should've been captured and get a real torture then should be shot in the penis. So he won't
get any cockier than Kirito. Seriously he is getting more annoying than kirito.

And that princess should also fight cause they said she has a weak body but it's all bullshit.
She knocked one guy easily.
wigglejellyAug 24, 2014 11:19 AM
Aug 24, 2014 7:01 AM

Jan 2014
Finally an episode without Inaho OPness. The less screentime that dude gets the more enjoyable an episodes becomes.
Now he obviously knew Slaine was worrying about the princess and wouldn't be a threat to her, so why did he fucking leave him on his own? Could at least have captured him. But nah, that dude's trying to NTR the princess instead. /jk

Could they stop shoving that kiss scene down our throats? Thanks. Feels like I've seen that very same scene a million times already.

Wow, didn't expect Crutheo to finally drop his prejudiced and arrogant attitude. If only he hadn't been killed off a second later. That kinda ruined a good development for me. Hopefully he miraculously survived. Asspull or not, I don't care.

So expecting more torture for Slaine next episode. Let's see how he'll escape now.
Aug 24, 2014 7:11 AM

Apr 2011
I feel like this show's plot has barely progressed so far. We still barely know anything more about these characters than we did at the very first episode. Pretty much all that happened of note in this episode is that the Terrans know that the princess is alive now, but they can't contact anyone, so nothing was accomplished and the only Orbital Knight to realise that something is up was dead within minutes. It just reverts back to the status quo at the end of every episode, so that Inaho can continue being a cool guy and Slaine can continue being a punching bag.

Also the way that Asseylum handled that situation at the beginning was pretty dumb. She could have just walked in wearing the dress. I think that would have been enough to convince them that she is the princess. Instead she walked in wearing her civvies, decked an unarmed guy for some reason, risking getting herself shot in the worst case scenario and THEN changed into the dress. She's meant to be naive I guess, so whatever.

I'll keep watching it for the slightly above average fight scenes, music and animation, I suppose. It's sad though because this show had promise. It could still improve, but I'm getting less and less optimistic after every episode :(
Aug 24, 2014 7:11 AM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:

I agree that it would be better if he was conflicted. He has such a good reasons for it too (but art hồi năm 2011-2012, giờ sang ufotable vẽ char sắc sảo hơn hẳn. Rin ko còn dễ thương như hồi đóthen, if they had shown some good sides to his life with the martians, if would've been even more interesting). Being focused only on his love interest makes him a pretty egoistic or exceptionally narrow-minded character. I wouldn't blame him, if he was done with choosing sides and simply wanted the princess all for himself, but it should be shown as a conscious and unusual choice.

Having said all that, I still blame Inaho for leaving Slaine floating. I'd like to see that choice of actions justified - kiling him would be much more logical and capturing him for interrogation must more useful.

[Edt: I can't get English spellchecker to work no matter what, so typos, typos everywhere!]
I don't say he must choose side, just a suggestion. If he wants to save Hime, he should assess the situation around him, understands his capability. Have some conflict in his mind, what he should do and shouldn't do. That should already make him more than 1 dimensional. Mindlessly protect someone is so narrow minded. And the fact is that he have to go troubles after troubles.
Aug 24, 2014 7:14 AM
Aug 2014
I hate Inaho
Aug 24, 2014 7:39 AM

May 2013
Slaine got tortured really bad. Good thing Count Cruhteo acknowledged Slaine's courage and loyalty. He should be a knight for his good actions. Count Saazbaum was the mastermind of the assassination. I hope Count Cruhteo is alive. He was one of the good guys since it was revealed.

This episode was great! Didn't disappoint.
Aug 24, 2014 7:40 AM

Feb 2008
Slaine sure has it rough. Heh, even Crutheo got slaughtered, matters have gotten even more dire for the lot...
Aug 24, 2014 7:42 AM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
I don't say he must choose side, just a suggestion. If he wants to save Hime, he should assess the situation around him, understands his capability. Have some conflict in his mind, what he should do and shouldn't do. That should already make him more than 1 dimensional. Mindlessly protect someone is so narrow minded. And the fact is that he have to go troubles after troubles.

At least some thoughts on what side he belongs to, are expected from a guy in his position. It's a bit strange that he views terrans as enemies too. The way they try to "use" the princess is logical and not cruel in any way. By taking her away he would lower the terrans' chances of survival. So it is unclear, who Slaine believes himself to be - martian or terran. Like, does he feel bad when he sees martian soldiers being killed or he hates the guys and wants to defect to Earth as soon as possible? Where does he want to live after all this is ended? If his allegiance is only to the princess it's a pretty special way to look at the conflict and it needs some clarification. It's impossible that he doesn't think about it. When he believed that the princess was dead, he had to choose.

But as we have already discussed, Slaine's position in the martian society is unclear. If he wants to stay besides the princess, he should try to be accepted and advance in their ranks. But the way it looks, he doesn't fit. That is very strange. Most likely Cruhteo got him from the royal family. Even if he views him as a princess' pet, it is still a valuable gift, so why not treat him well? After all it's no good to damage royal property. Hitting Slaine minutes after the princess got away is extremely risky. And Cruhteo seems to have some honor, so he shoul follow martian rules - Slaine is already accepted in martian military, so he is not a terran anymore (and they were all terrans initially - the count is over 40 and their empire is 30 years old). Also Slaine has to stay besides the count, so he must be some kind of protege. Cruhteo is sadistic, so him beating Slaine all the time could be his idea of education, but they hinted on him really despising Slaine, and I don't understand, why he would bother. Maybe Slaine's personality wasn't good for military service, maybe he didn't agree with the count (which would be stupid). And we don't even know, why he was at Cruhteo's castle and for how long...
Sorry for the rant, but it's so mind-boggling.
deadoptimistAug 24, 2014 7:53 AM
Aug 24, 2014 8:27 AM

Sep 2011
So much torture pron for the Slaine Cruhteo shippers... God. I feel terrible for this situation. It's safe to assume Cruhteo is dead, and Slaine still thinks Cruhteo is one of the conspirators.

Inaho's emotionless reactions are UNBEARABLE this episode. When the Princess was acting all lovey-dovey, he just does not react to anything! FUCK!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 24, 2014 8:32 AM
Jan 2014
LOL . THis bold blonde count makes me laugh so hard . Die by a single hit .
Pages (15) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.