Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Apr 3, 2013 8:23 AM

Oct 2011
Simple reply, many people play VN's here. I've got over 70 days of VN gameplay, and I'm pretty sure I'm just the average player.
Apr 3, 2013 8:23 AM
Mar 2011
miereneronaile said:
DateYutaka said:
miereneronaile said:
DateYutaka said:
miereneronaile said:
DateYutaka said:
Tennouji_ said:

I do also play VNs. I only played:

- Little Busters Ecstasy.
- Fate/Stay Night.
- Rewrite.
- Clannad.
- Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.
- Hoshizora No Memoria(Currently Playing).
- Tomoyo After.

mostly just the over rated one

You know, that was just unnecessary, considering how few good vns are actually translated well.. I imagine half the stuff you are talking about there has not been translated, at least.

Actually, I didnt even think some of the stuff on that list was tld, so Tennouji_ might be able to read Japanese I suppose, but in general, those are some of the best tld vns by far..

the Sotsugyou Franchise that was released in the US reatil sales no impoat needed #
alot of sweet basil games got us releses too

Names would be useful, I guess I could research it myself but I am lazy /shrug.

all of the Sotsugyou games
for sweet basil Critical point is the best of there games to get a US Relese

Well once I get around to finishing hoshizora/rewrite and probably the two other good looking vns almost tld atm, I will try at least finding and taking a look at some of those, but that probably wont be any time soon.

buy them as retail games if you can find them
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 3, 2013 8:28 AM
Feb 2012
I've played several and currently playing Star Song at the moment. Most of them have rarely disappointed me as well.
Apr 3, 2013 8:52 AM

Aug 2009
Finished:
Fate/Stay Night
Steins;Gate
Tsukihime
Katawa Shoujo
Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru

Stalled:
Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
Kagetsu Tohya
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni series
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Kara no Shoujo
Galaxy Angel
Chaos;Head
Kana Little Sister
Little Busters!
Osananajimi wa Daitouryou
Saya no Uta
I dont have much free time now.

Plan to read:
Ever17
Mahoyo
Rest of Tsukihime series
Kikokugai
Muv-Luv series
Remember 11
Rewrite
Rose Guns Days
Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo
Swan Song

Dropped:
Clannad
ssjokgApr 3, 2013 11:00 AM
Apr 3, 2013 9:09 AM
May 2010
DateYutaka said:
miereneronaile said:
DateYutaka said:
miereneronaile said:
DateYutaka said:
miereneronaile said:
DateYutaka said:
Tennouji_ said:

I do also play VNs. I only played:

- Little Busters Ecstasy.
- Fate/Stay Night.
- Rewrite.
- Clannad.
- Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.
- Hoshizora No Memoria(Currently Playing).
- Tomoyo After.

mostly just the over rated one

You know, that was just unnecessary, considering how few good vns are actually translated well.. I imagine half the stuff you are talking about there has not been translated, at least.

Actually, I didnt even think some of the stuff on that list was tld, so Tennouji_ might be able to read Japanese I suppose, but in general, those are some of the best tld vns by far..

the Sotsugyou Franchise that was released in the US reatil sales no impoat needed #
alot of sweet basil games got us releses too

Names would be useful, I guess I could research it myself but I am lazy /shrug.

all of the Sotsugyou games
for sweet basil Critical point is the best of there games to get a US Relese

Well once I get around to finishing hoshizora/rewrite and probably the two other good looking vns almost tld atm, I will try at least finding and taking a look at some of those, but that probably wont be any time soon.

buy them as retail games if you can find them

I dont think I could find them in australia, sadly. If I actually could buy those things , I would.
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 3, 2013 9:32 AM

Apr 2008
Somebody change the title of this thread to "Who here has no life whatsoever?" *trollface*
Apr 3, 2013 9:34 AM
May 2010
apatch3 said:
Somebody change the title of this thread to "Who here has no life whatsoever?" *trollface*

OHH ME ME THATS ME PICK ME!
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 3, 2013 9:38 AM

Apr 2008
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:

You've seen about twice as much anime as me so..fine.. you win it's you. I won't be outdone by your hikikomori tendencies - ONE DAY I WILL BE A POKEMON MASTER!
apatch3Apr 3, 2013 9:41 AM
Apr 3, 2013 9:39 AM

Apr 2011
apatch3 said:

You just made me realise that either everyone has been answering wrongly or I have not yet figured out this aspect of MAL. I mean, wouldn't one read VNs on a separate window and not on MAL?
Apr 3, 2013 9:39 AM
May 2010
apatch3 said:
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:

You've seen about twice as much anime as me so..fine.. you win it's you. I won't be outdone by your hikikomori tendencies - ONCE DAY I WILL BE A POKEMON MASTER!

You know, im going to just go right ahead and continue being pointlessly proud about having no life. Hmmph.
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 3, 2013 9:40 AM

Apr 2008
yhunata said:
apatch3 said:

You just made me realise that either everyone has been answering wrongly or I have not yet figured out this aspect of MAL. I mean, wouldn't one read VNs on a separate window and not on MAL?

Not necessarily, you could have the VN up in windowed mode along-side your browser - not that I'm guilty of this, the only VNs I've played are Fate Stay Night and Clannad and I only ever managed to do one route in each.
Apr 3, 2013 9:42 AM

Apr 2011
apatch3 said:
yhunata said:
apatch3 said:

Not necessarily, you could have the VN up in windowed mode along-side your browser - not that I'm guilty of this, the only VNs I've played are Fate Stay Night and Clannad and I only ever managed to do one route in each.

I'm confused. Did you just break my joke or just didn't get the joke?
Apr 3, 2013 9:42 AM
May 2010
apatch3 said:
yhunata said:
apatch3 said:

If you only did one route in fate/stay night, you made a big mistake. Unless you totally hated it ofcourse, but if you thought it was any good at all, read the other two lol.

@yhunata
I think he broke the joke, he wouldnt be talking about where you play vns on the screen if he didnt at least get the basic idea..
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 3, 2013 9:47 AM

Apr 2008
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
yhunata said:
apatch3 said:

If you only did one route in fate/stay night, you made a big mistake. Unless you totally hated it ofcourse, but if you thought it was any good at all, read the other two lol.

@yhunata
I think he broke the joke, he wouldnt be talking about where you play vns on the screen if he didnt at least get the basic idea..

I didn't hate it, I thought it was pretty good, only it took me a long time, I was basically sitting at my computer non-stop for a few days and life's other commitments tore me away from it, I think it's the same story with Clannad.
Apr 3, 2013 9:49 AM

Oct 2012
The only one I tried was that iPod one.....

I finished it, but I couldn't find any others that the iPod Touch can play. I'd really love to, though.
Apr 3, 2013 9:49 AM
May 2010
apatch3 said:
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
yhunata said:
apatch3 said:

@yhunata

I didn't hate it, I thought it was pretty good, only it took me a long time, I was basically sitting at my computer non-stop for a few days and life's other commitments tore me away from it, I think it's the same story with Clannad.

Yea they take a long time, thats for sure, but most people think the second or at least the third route of Fate/Stay Night is better than the first, so if you ever have the spare time for it, its worth doing.
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 3, 2013 9:52 AM

Aug 2009
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
yhunata said:
apatch3 said:

@yhunata

Yea they take a long time, thats for sure, but most people think the second or at least the third route of Fate/Stay Night is better than the first, so if you ever have the spare time for it, its worth doing.

Typical Heaven's Feel fan comment:
HF>>UBW>>>>>shit>>>Fate...Same for their FMCs.
Apr 3, 2013 9:53 AM

Apr 2008
OO I also played this other VN that I liked a lot because it was downright kinky XD Sharin no Kuni but I don't think I ever finished a single route
Apr 3, 2013 9:55 AM
May 2010
ssjokg said:
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
yhunata said:
apatch3 said:

@yhunata

Actually, for me its UBW> FATE> HF, if you actually read what I said you would have seen the 'most people' not 'I'

Anyway..
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 3, 2013 10:01 AM
May 2010
apatch3 said:
OO I also played this other VN that I liked a lot because it was downright kinky XD Sharin no Kuni but I don't think I ever finished a single route

lol that was a great one, it has one of the best 'one up' moments ever.

It was like, one guy pulling a fucking machine gun out on some unarmed guy and being like ha you are fucked, and then the other guy jumping in a fucking tank that appeared out of nowhere and shooting a tank shell into the machine gun guy. I mean thats obviously not what happened, but in terms of sheer 'HA, YOU THINK YOU PULLED SOMETHING BIG OUT OF NOWHERE" it was comparable
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 3, 2013 10:02 AM

Aug 2009
miereneronaile said:
ssjokg said:
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
yhunata said:
apatch3 said:

@yhunata

Actually, for me its UBW> FATE> HF, if you actually read what I said you would have seen the 'most people' not 'I'

Anyway..

"Typical Heaven's Feel fan comment:"
It was a joke.Mostly......
Apr 3, 2013 10:03 AM
May 2010
ssjokg said:
miereneronaile said:
ssjokg said:
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
yhunata said:
apatch3 said:

@yhunata

Anyway..

"Typical Heaven's Feel fan comment:"
It was a joke.Mostly......

Well, it might be a joke but you are right, it WAS a typical HF fan comment, lol. I just wanted to clarify that its not MY favorite.
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 3, 2013 10:17 AM

Jan 2013
I do, and I love VNs.

VNs that I played:

(Oldest to Newest)

1.Tsukihime (Type-Moon) - Needless to say, my first VN and the one that got me hooked to Type-Moon and VNs in General. It's awesome and anyone that wants to read/play it, wait for the remake that is coming out this year!

2.Fate/Stay Night (Type-Moon) - The second one. I prefer Tsukihime, but OST and visual trumps him easily. Still, a great one.

3.Kamidori Alchemy Meister (Eushully) - For Fucks Sake! This VN in a nutshell. The strategy part is fun, but way to many H-Scenes and all of them are unskippable, and rather-shallow story.

Currectly Playing/Reading

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (Ryukushi07 - 07th Expansion) - Awesome. It's tied with Tsukihime for being the best VN.

Planned to Read/Play

1.Umineko No Naku Koro Ni (Ryukushi07 - 07th Expansion) - They see that it's even better and more complex than Higurashi. Sounds VERY promising.

2.Little Busters (Key Visual Arts) - My probably first Key VN that'll try to read. I played for some weeks but decided to put it for later because lack of time to read on a good pace. It sounds good so far.

Anyway, I love VNs. It's my favorite "form of storytelling" that I know (I don't know the right definition to say it.)

Apr 3, 2013 10:19 AM

Jan 2013
ssjokg said:
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
yhunata said:
apatch3 said:

@yhunata

To be Devil's advocated, Fate is often underrated because Shirou is nowhere near as badass(Even if he was actually awesome there too) and chances are that you saw the anime first, losing all the impact that the First Route could have.

Apr 3, 2013 10:21 AM
May 2010
012yArthur0 said:
ssjokg said:
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
yhunata said:
apatch3 said:

@yhunata

To be Devil's advocated, Fate is often underrated because Shirou is nowhere near as badass(Even if he was actually awesome there too) and chances are that you saw the anime first, losing all the impact that the First Route could have.

He was more badass in fate than HF as far as I am concerned. In HF he just backed out of being himself because it was easier. Fuck that shit.
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 3, 2013 10:28 AM

Aug 2009
miereneronaile said:
012yArthur0 said:
ssjokg said:
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
miereneronaile said:
apatch3 said:
yhunata said:
apatch3 said:

@yhunata

He was more badass in fate than HF as far as I am concerned. In HF he just backed out of being himself because it was easier. Fuck that shit.

In Fate he had way more hax than any other route simply because he didnt have any of the powers from UBW and HF.And Shirou wasnt the problem compared to the story being only about Saber and him and nothing more.HF compared to the others was more engaging even when Shirou didnt do anything and even when he did something,badass or not, there always was a bad side effect.And also I prefer an MC that does something for himself instead of trying to follow some rules others(like the Church for Kirei) or he himself(because of Kiritsugu) set.

And no if the anime really did matter I wouldnt have finished Fate route.
ssjokgApr 3, 2013 10:32 AM
Apr 3, 2013 10:32 AM
May 2010
@ssjokg Yea, I can understand everything you are saying there, and I can accept why people think that way about it. I just can NOT enjoy HF as much as Fate or UBW. I can accept that it is 'objectively' better, or that it follows what is generally considered objectively good in writing better, but that doesnt mean I have to like it more /shrug.

I read the VN after watching the anime and its still an awesome route as far as I am concerned. That said, I actually love the anime to so whatever.
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 3, 2013 10:39 AM

Aug 2009
miereneronaile said:
@ssjokg Yea, I can understand everything you are saying there, and I can accept why people think that way about it. I just can NOT enjoy HF as much as Fate or UBW. I can accept that it is 'objectively' better, or that it follows what is generally considered objectively good in writing better, but that doesnt mean I have to like it more /shrug.

I read the VN after watching the anime and its still an awesome route as far as I am concerned. That said, I actually love the anime to so whatever.
I never talked about the writing or "objectivity" and you will probably never see me talking about it for any series ever.And I never said that you cant like the other routes more.I just stated why I prefer HF more than UBW or your fav Fate.Also I am not saying that Fate is bad,it is just that the other 2 ,for me, are better.
Apr 3, 2013 10:41 AM
May 2010
ssjokg said:
miereneronaile said:

I never talked about the writing or "objectivity" and you will probably never see me talking about it for any series ever.And I never said that you cant like the other routes more.I just stated why I prefer HF more than UBW or your fav Fate.Also I am not saying that Fate is bad,it is just that the other 2 ,for me, are better.

Yea sorry, I didnt really mean to imply that was what you had said. I was just talking about what I feel about HF I guess. Trying to say basically that I can see why so many people like HF.
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 3, 2013 10:49 AM

Oct 2012
I don't play them but I have been thinking of starting for a long time now.I know a few sites but I would appreciate if someone would message me with some suggestions and maybe sites.
Apr 3, 2013 10:52 AM

May 2012
I've only played Katawa Shoujo which was pretty good actually.
Apr 3, 2013 10:55 AM

Jul 2011
I only played 2 VN.
Apr 3, 2013 10:56 AM

Dec 2012
Waiting for a certain VN to come out, My Girlfriend is the President was horrible, and really put me off from VNs.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Apr 3, 2013 10:58 AM
May 2010
Peten00b said:
Waiting for a certain VN to come out, My Girlfriend is the President was horrible, and really put me off from VNs.

Really? I thought that it was frigging hilarious.. Thats all it was meant to be. Stupidly funny and nothing else.

Though if you dont like it you dont like it and thats fine, but its not really representative of a lot of the translated VNs
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 3, 2013 11:11 AM

Aug 2012
SteampunkDalek said:
I've only played Katawa Shoujo which was pretty good actually.
Yeah, we need more good English-original VNs like this. I don't mean like the setting (ugh, high school again), I mean like the writing quality. If this was a commercial product, I probably would have bought it.
gamer2710Apr 3, 2013 11:16 AM
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 3, 2013 11:45 AM

Mar 2013
Want to play Chaos;Head and Fate/Stay Night.
Apr 3, 2013 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
I've played quite a few VN's.

Definitely my favorite medium.
Apr 3, 2013 12:13 PM

Dec 2012
Not a huge fan, but I have played:

Ai Yori Aoshi (Decent)
Discipline (Hated it.)
Higurashi no Naka Koroni (Good)
Katawa Shoujo (Good)
School Days HD (Good, and probably the most sophisticated one I have.)
Shuffle! (Great)
Tsukihime (Great)
Yo-Jin-bo (Installed it, but can't remember if I ever played it)

I also had:
Fate/Stay Night
Utawarerumono

...at one point but never could get them to install so I don't anymore.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Apr 3, 2013 12:15 PM

Aug 2009
Nikin said:
Want to play Chaos;Head and Fate/Stay Night.
I dont know about C;H yet but you should definitely give FSN a try.If possible, before watching Fate/Zero.
Apr 3, 2013 12:16 PM

Aug 2009
Kruszer said:

Ai Yori Aoshi (Decent)
Discipline (Hated it.)
Higurashi no Naka Koroni (Good)
Katawa Shoujo (Good)
School Days HD (Good, and probably the most sophisticated one I have.)
Shuffle! (Great)
Tsukihime (Great)
Yo-Jin-bo (Installed it, but can't remember if I ever played it)

I also had:
Fate/Stay Night
Utawarerumono

...at one point but never could get them to install so I don't anymore.
Should I give you a link with FSN ready to play?
Apr 3, 2013 12:20 PM

Dec 2012
ssjokg said:
Kruszer said:
Should I give you a link with FSN ready to play?

If it's English translated I'd appreciate it, yeah.
KruszerApr 3, 2013 1:55 PM
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Apr 3, 2013 1:23 PM

Sep 2011
Peten00b said:

I don't know about My Girlfriend Is The President but I've seen a lot of praise about it so it's kinda rare to see that someone like you hated it.

Apr 3, 2013 1:25 PM

Mar 2013
First, stop with the quotes, they're getting overly long and annoying.

Second, if there ever had to be an anime adaptation for F/SN, Fate was obviously the best choice.

Yes, HF is the best route in the game. However, it's also highly dependent to have read both Fate and UBW; the stark contrasts and developments between the route are what make it the most powerful. Same goes for UBW in relation to fate.

Basically, Fate has the best story to be told independently, therefore suitable for an adaptaion. If the two other routes had been done, it would have just been full of fail for various reasons. Basically, it'd be Tsukihime v2.

Oh wait there is no Tsukihime anime, wtf am I talking about.
Apr 3, 2013 2:01 PM

Feb 2008
@OP
This might be a good way to start searching for people interested in visual novels on MAL, though, some of the clubs are less active than the others.

Apr 3, 2013 2:04 PM

Dec 2012
If I, let's say, want to try and play a VN for the first time. Would you guys recommend Fate/SN?
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Apr 3, 2013 4:37 PM

Jan 2013
Jovoo said:
If I, let's say, want to try and play a VN for the first time. Would you guys recommend Fate/SN?

If you're a type-moon fan, F/SN is pretty good IMO. Just skip the H-Scenes.

By the way, you also can just wait for the Tsukihime Remake, or just go to Higurashi VN.

Apr 3, 2013 4:42 PM

Mar 2012
Still downloading My Girlfriens is the President. Have G-Senjou no Maou but haven't even meet all heroine.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 3, 2013 5:17 PM

Nov 2011
Reading Baldr Sky and it's really good, by the end I think it'll be on the level of MLA.
Apr 3, 2013 6:02 PM

Feb 2010
Sweet_Love said:

Second, if there ever had to be an anime adaptation for F/SN, Fate was obviously the best choice.

Yes, HF is the best route in the game. However, it's also highly dependent to have read both Fate and UBW; the stark contrasts and developments between the route are what make it the most powerful. Same goes for UBW in relation to fate.

Basically, Fate has the best story to be told independently, therefore suitable for an adaptaion. If the two other routes had been done, it would have just been full of fail for various reasons. Basically, it'd be Tsukihime v2.

Nobody denies that Fate was a story that needed to be told before the others, but the way they did it was completely awful. If you're going to animate a VN route don't throw random shit in from the other arcs or make up things for the finale.
Apr 4, 2013 4:21 AM

Aug 2009
FatherAnderson said:
Sweet_Love said:

Nobody denies that Fate was a story that needed to be told before the others, but the way they did it was completely awful. If you're going to animate a VN route don't throw random shit in from the other arcs or make up things for the finale.
Thank you Father!!My words exactly.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate VN

me43r - Apr 10, 2014

9 by __lulu »»
2 hours ago

» Steins;Gate 0

Rinth - Dec 17, 2015

18 by __lulu »»
2 hours ago

» What's yalls favorite Pokemon?

Conraddoyle - Feb 13

49 by AverageRiceFan »»
2 hours ago

» An old game you always wanted to play ,but never got the chance to play it?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 20

11 by ryan77999 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom announced

wildhood - Jun 18

8 by Ezekiel »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.