Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2023 10:49 AM

Aug 2013
I checked the manga because I really thought they censored it heavily as many people said in this thread. And it's basically about the tits. Of course it would be better if they showed tits, but honestly? It looked much darker and intense in anime than it was in manga.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 18, 2023 11:07 AM
Jul 2015
rvdboom said:
, for instance, you learn that Robin had been regularly raping Kiriko all along

That's easy: Say, such a backstory was presented in a way that does not totally clash with what we know from flashbacks so far, then I would gladly eat my words. Until then, I won't.

And please don't go "cope" on me. We aren't edgelord middle schoolers anymore. We can at least pretend to only attack the argument, and not the person (unless it gets really bad, sure, but we're nowhere near that).
Jun 18, 2023 11:21 AM
Jul 2015

Tits on several occasions and bush at some point, I think. Not really an issue.

However, they did leave quite a bit of plot on the cutting table, but judging from what actually was shown, probably not for censorship reasons.
Jun 18, 2023 11:27 AM
Feb 2021
i dont know what to pick for the stars so i picked the middle one
i dont know what to say i am disgusted
Jun 18, 2023 11:33 AM

Jul 2016
This has to be the weirdest NTR scene I have seen ever. Not that I have seen many tho. Like dude was aware it was Haruki's mind in his sister's body and deadass used a mirror to show Haruki how he was defiling... him... while being in the body of the person he romantically loves 💀 Like for real, I'm now wondering if even hentai has something with this same thematic.

But well, leaving that aside, Robin did look like he just saw a ghost when Kiruko appeared so I'm gonna assume he was, in fact, the one who shot her in the past.

Overall, 2/5 episode. Mainly because of how apparently random the whole rape stuff ended up being. People assume Robin had already raped Haruki's sister in the past (BECAUSE OF ONE SINGLE LINE PRACTICALLY EVERY EDGY RAPIST SAYS IN MEDIA) but I honestly don't recall any hint of her being uncomfortable around him so I really doubt this statement.
Now that said, the studio really, REALLY did their best to portray the assault as something more than just shock value for the sake of shock value and I seriously respect the effort. Direction as well as cinematography were impressive and the sensation they delivered felt way more impactful here than in the manga counterpart. And people saying the manga was worse when it was all practically the same but with uncensored tits smh...

Anyways, just one more episode to go and they still need to address the nonsense that is the aftermath of the rape situation so I'm not sure how much screen-time of Tokio, Mimihime and the rest we will have by the end. Well... let's hope the season can conclude in a somewhat satisfactory note, at least.
Jun 18, 2023 11:42 AM

Jun 2021
they're seeing blue sky for the first time

yoooo wtf robin mf

deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Jun 18, 2023 11:48 AM

Dec 2015
Was interesting. Some more info. And scenes from the facility. (Finally some action there.) Still more questions - curious how (and if) Robin is tied to that facility. And of course we more about that doctor.
As for the shocking/hard to watch stuff - not much happened here. Episode was pretty tame. I thought there'd be more stuff. Violence and blood and gore lol.

There have been other episodes that were more shocking. (Girl with the Usami guy with the lot of machines.) But it was just a simple rape. Nothing big. In fact I enjoyed it. Unless you have had own past experiences (where the episode could trigger) or for some reason find milde sexual violence a lot harsher than brutal gore (which imo it is not ...) - no reason to be scared of the episode. :) All the warnings were exaggerating a lot.

Just wondering how Robin changed that much. I guess he was like that from the beginning - the author just hid the "evil face" stuff when he was around the other kids (the boy).
Jun 18, 2023 11:51 AM
Apr 2023
Dickegrobe said:
rvdboom said:
, for instance, you learn that Robin had been regularly raping Kiriko all along

That's easy: Say, such a backstory was presented in a way that does not totally clash with what we know from flashbacks so far, then I would gladly eat my words. Until then, I won't.

And please don't go "cope" on me. We aren't edgelord middle schoolers anymore. We can at least pretend to only attack the argument, and not the person (unless it gets really bad, sure, but we're nowhere near that).

cope cope COPE COPE!!!!
cope for rest of ur time.
Jun 18, 2023 11:51 AM

May 2015
I suspected Robin was up to something shady, but damn. If they uncovered he's an evil mastermind or something, it would be acceptable, but he just rapes the one person who trusts him indefinitely, and it's the worst. Hope Kiruko recovers… that's so utterly horrendous and traumatic. :( 
Jun 18, 2023 12:22 PM

Apr 2021
Dickegrobe said:
And where is your argument? You just claim that there was hundreds of other ways to tell this part of the story, while you don't know anything about the past history of the characters, you don't know anything about their relationship and you don't know anything about what drives Robin (and so do I at this point). In short, you have no idea what purpose this scene can have and so your claim is completely baseless.

There's nothing in the flashbacks we have that contradict this. There's not even flashbacks showing Robin and Kiriko together.
rvdboomJun 18, 2023 11:22 PM
Jun 18, 2023 12:34 PM
Nov 2018
AnkitXanime said:
I am so confused about Tengoku Daimakyou..
I mean like wtf is happening, i don't understand the plot at all. spoilers of ep 12 ahead

So first of all the kids in the so called "heaven" have super powers? like one of the new kid has like tool for attacking when her sunglasses come off??? and that kid with like animal ears(mimihime) can cancel out the powers along with imaginary monsters?? Tf?
Second is that the baby of Tokyo and kona or something ( i forgot the name) has a clone who looks the same as the real one?

Third is that the the old leader of the so called "heaven" is bad and wants to live forever by transferring her mind into tokyo's child??

Wtf is even happening?? there will be 1 more ep before ending and i still don't know anything. like who was Asura and why did she kill herself??

I hope I will get my answers😵
I would suggest to rewatch from the start. With weekly episodes it is very easy to forget important details and the story is fairly complex.

Spoilers alert. Read on your own risk. They are not real spoilers, all based on anime only. I just binged the whole thing.

There are two separate event lines - Heaven and Maru/Kiruko adventure.

First, the Heaven.

The Heaven timeline is clearly in the past - in e11 director talks about "the prototype of Super-Beam" and it is the gun used by Kuriko from the beginning and by Mikura for at least 5 years before her.

The Heaven facility works on genetically modified humans, in e11 director refers to them as "childs birthed by Mina", Mina being the AI of Heaven. Kids have various superpowers, none of them seem to be evil. They are actually rather nice.

There is an illness that kills the superkids even though they are "built with immunity to everything" (e5). Tarao died and when his body is cremated, something remained. When the kids die they turn into Hiruko monsters. The only known way to kill the monsters is Maru's ability. Otherwise monsters don't die but can be contained if they don't have food (e7) or placed in bad environment (fish in e5).

The goal of Heaven is unclear. It appears that director expects some global catastrophe with fixed date - "the Day of Fate is the only thing that can't be changed". The cure for kid's disease must be found before it. She seems to dislike the world as it is and thinks that when it ends her superhuman kids will rule the better world. She also intends to use brain surgery to oversee the process. Immortality itself may or may not be her final goal.

She prepared a small strike force - 8 combatants with Super-Beams, they are supposed to perform some unspecified task. A terrorist attack? In e11 they are transported somewhere, so this operation is likely to happen soon.

There is some force working in Heaven against the director. Tokio receives message "do you want to go outside of outside" in the first few minutes of e1, there are multiple cases of cameras hiding kid's activity from observers, non-existent Mimihime nude picture sent to Shiro, then disappears. My theory is that it is Asura and her Hiruko ghost - see cameras failure in e9.
There is also opposition from staff in Heaven. Aoshima tries to convince Sawatari to open the doors and let the kids go while director is away. The "test" in e11-e12 seems to be designed specifically for it.

Director's plan doesn't go well - on top of the illness there is an attack on Heaven. Four kids are outside and, given the "test" vague description, they just may escape. The reason for attack is unclear, but, if director planned a terrorist act, she shouldn't have put Takahara's Academy logo on the guns.

The origin of the second kid of Tokio is unclear and it seems to become important eventually. The doctor was distraught by the potential mix-up. The main quest for Maru is to find him and inject with something, "it would help everyone". A clone? An imitating monster? We will see.

Maru/Kiruko timeline is much more straightforward. It starts 15 years after the calamity. In e3 there is a race dedicated to 10 years anniversary and there is a warning about missing spectators with date 2034.9.12. So, the most likely time of the disaster is the end of year 2024, the "current" year is 2039.

Heaven's timeline didn't reach the catastrophy but it seems to be close. The "current" day in e12 is Friday, July 26, Ten'ei 18. 26.07.24 is Friday. Camera footage uses t17 and t18 as year, I think its 2023 and 2024.

It is not clear if the only source of Hiruko is Heaven's kids. E.g. "hotel king" girl is Hiruko even though there is no established link between her and the kids. Monsters "appeared after the Great Disaster" (e5). They are a problem but relatively small one, people coexist with them. There were about 3 dozens of kids at most. The catastrophe was something else, it affected the entire world. It is possible that similar experiments were conducted in other labs, there were a few hints to it.

Maru is Tokio's kid. There is very clear resemblance, he was born in the year of calamity, is looking for his twin, Mimihime had a vision about him, one of the meanings for "maru" is "circle". There are probably more.

It is unclear who Mikura was and how she was related to Maru. Probably someone from Heaven's staff. Director was very interested in Tokio's kid at age 15. Maybe the whole quest is a trap?

Mimihime is the woman who died in e8 - the only Heaven part in this episode is her dream post credits and in it she is missing a button, the last thing doctor looked at. I suppose it means they escaped.

Doctor who performed brain replacement on Kiruko is interesting. There were rumors that he was researching the monsters. Sounds like Sawatari to me. We will see.

Manga is not finished yet and anime doesn't cover everything already released. So there will be questions for quite some time. The good news is that the author doesn't seem to rely on mystery boxes and there is logic behind the events.
Jun 18, 2023 12:36 PM
May 2017
Jackson1333 said:
Quanda1eDing1e said:
and off topic but it's all but confirmed that Robin is Taka right?

Where did you come to this conclusion?
Seeing as Shiro= Usami and Mimihime= Hoshio
I thought Robin was Taka because he was one of the 4 escapees from the facility and he knew how to locate Usami and Hoshio, after his life with the kids came to an end. But I went to the wiki to confirm my theory and i was mistaken. Robin isn't Taka, but I didn't wanna spoil myself on his real identity so I just let it be until the show reveals it
Jun 18, 2023 12:50 PM

Dec 2015
I was prepared for a lot of things like all the children turning into Hiruko and killing the adults, somebody else being in Robin's body or even Kiruko getting killed. Didn't expect the things that happened in the facility to be the pleasant part of the episode and I was certainly not expecting rape and cuckholding? (or whatever Robin was trying to do with mirror). Kinda wished Maru would have shown up last minute to give Robin a beat down before anything happened, but that didn't happen...

At the very least I am certain now, that the woman who was with Usami is Mimihime! And the reason why she wanted to see the sky one last time before she died, was because it was the first thing she saw once she got outside of the facility.

I really don't know how things will go down in the final episode, but I doubt everything will be resolved, so here is hoping for a season 2!

(Oh and kinda unrelated, but I am starting to think that Maru doesn't have a twin, but rather was cloned or something)
Jun 18, 2023 12:55 PM

Dec 2015
Tsubasavo said:
WTF dude... As an anime only i thought the worst thing that could happen in this ep was Robin being revealed as the doctor who has taken over his body not fucking rape bruh. Goddamnit kiruko why did you not suspect a thing jfc

That's fucked up man. I was hoping Maru would secretly follow. Of all the times he picked to be decent and this happens
I had the exact same train of thought, couldn't agree more
Jun 18, 2023 1:38 PM

Dec 2017
Zoushu said:
That Robin scene must be one of the most twisted/ psycho things I've seen in anime. Can't imagine what Kiruko would be feeling in this situation, or what the author was thinking when making this up. It makes it extra fucked up that Robin is using the fact that he's (or she's) in his sister's body against him

Seriously, one of the most fucked up scenes in anime ever. Not only is he getting raped but his sister is getting raped as well and he has to watch his sister that he's in love with getting raped while he's getting raped...

FrenzyAssassin said:
So that is where Maru got his name (maru = circle, the scientist guy marked the kid with)

Interesting, so one more confirmation that Maru is Tokio's son. This anime is great at telling a story without outright telling you things.
Jun 18, 2023 1:45 PM
Mar 2021
I'm usually able to handle these sorts of scenes. I remember watching F/SN Heaven's Feel and finding out what Shinji did to Sakura, I was livid and disgusted, but that was quickly resolved. But Robin... Idk man, it feels completely different. The scene was so painful to watch, Kiruko being betrayed by their closest "friend". It was heartbreaking honestly. I like to think I'm desensitized to many things, but this episode has been on my mind for hours. I really hope the next episode isn't a cliffhanger, I need quick retribution against Robin. 
Jun 18, 2023 1:59 PM
Mar 2020
agoniante e ponto final.
Jun 18, 2023 2:12 PM

Sep 2017
What the fuck. But why tho? I think what ppl have said about this happening in the past has to be true. Else how tf do you go from being a "good guy" to a fucking rapist. I guess we only had Haruki's perspective of Robin in the past and he idolized him which makes it way more fucked. But I don't recall if/how Robin and Kiruko interacting in that flashback episode. Guess I gotta go back and watch.

Edit: Well looks like Robin and Kiruko never actually interacted on camera in the past. Robin just showed up and saved Haruki's ass from some bullies and gave him the jacket basically. So ya he was always probably a scumbag and may have even raped Kiruko in the past but could also just be other unnamed women.
ProofByColorJun 18, 2023 2:17 PM
Jun 18, 2023 2:18 PM
Oct 2015
Episode 12 was so exciting! I felt goose-flesh
Jun 18, 2023 2:44 PM
Mar 2023
i dont remember that i been angry this much.....
Jun 18, 2023 2:56 PM

Aug 2017
Poor Kiruko. She just wanted to be reunited with Robin who she thought of as family. But Robin was not the good family man that Kiruko thought he was.
It was messed up on Robin's part to inflict trauma on Haruki by raping him in his sister's body.
I hope Robin dies a painful death. That bastard was sick in the head.

Jun 18, 2023 3:01 PM
Nov 2022
From beggining of the episode I felt something was off with Robin but that...
Jun 18, 2023 3:03 PM

Jul 2014
Man, that was fucked up
Jun 18, 2023 3:38 PM
Nov 2018
Amount of pearls clutching in these comments is amusing. The series has medical experiments on kids, AI creating superhumans, terrifying man-eating monsters, an adult planning to murer a child to transfer her brain into a new body, two suicides on top of "completely normal" brutal murder and mutilation. But rape is a step too far.

Robin is suddenly a second coming of Hitler. Everything he ever did or said is creepy and evil. This is ridiculous. At no point until the last few minutes there was any hint that something is wrong with him.

A small recap of relevant events:

Episode 3
- Robin was supporting the orphanage for years.
- He stopped people who tried to kill Haruki and gave him a jacket.
- He was participating in hunt for a monster and send Haruki home when he tried to join.
- He lost a young sister about 10 years old in the large disaster and now he is overprotective to kids.
- He disappeared during the investigation of disappearances, 5 years ago.
- He was investigating the doctor allegedly researching monsters and experimenting on humans.
- There are no any hints of improper relationship between Robin and Kiriko.
- Haruki was warned to keep Kiriko away from the suspicious doctor.
- Kiriko dies, circumstances are unknown.
- The suspicious doctor performs an unknown operation on Haruki and Kiriko.

Episode 8
- 2 years ago Robin was well known to the Immortal Order group.
- People respect him and call him "sensei".
- He was training in surgery and studying Dr. Usami's technique.
- He said he's not going to let anyone else die and disappeared.
- Again, not a hint of anything fishy.

Episode 12
- Robin is one of the leaders of a prosperous community.
- He left Asakusa looking for the suspicious doctor but lost him.
- The orphanage was gone when he returned.
- He was saddened by Mimihime's death (ep8).
- He found Takahara Academy facility and used it to start a town restoration.

Some of these are rumors and a few we know only from his own words. Sill, so far he seems to be a good egg.

Then he rapes Kiriko. There were no any signs that he is a rapist or even just anything but a perfect citizen. He has power and money, sex is cheap in the town as Maru's viewpoint shows.

The well established character suddenly completely changed for no reason. Weird. It doesn't make any sense. Unless we are looking at a plot twist. Things are not quite what they seem to be and it will be explained eventually.

We don't know anything about Kiriko's death and details of her operation. Her hair changed color. Hair don't change color after surgery. Maybe she got someone else's scalp. Much more likely the suspicious doctor used a few extra monster parts. Brain replacement is currently impossible. Just connecting a damaged nerve is beyond our capabilities and we are talking about all cranial nerves.

Robin appears to be scared and/or disgusted when Kiriko shows up.

He says "I'm just conducting a small experiment. Who's inside this head of yours?" - I think he is serious. He knows something that we don't. He investigated the doctor, studied surgery and doctor Usami's work with Mimihime, a Hiruko. Kiriko is clearly not a normal girl but how far she is from norm is unknown.

And "you've grown so much since we last saw each other" doesn't imply that Robin was raping Kiriko for years.

There are plenty of people in search for a reason to be offended, this plot twist doesn't work for everyone. But I think this is what it is. There are monster parts in Kiriko. She will eventually develop special abilities. Maybe she already did.
Jun 18, 2023 3:39 PM

Mar 2021
Radical_Orion said:
MugiwaraJopa said:
Checking out the comments here since I've seen the raep scene. Can someone sell me on this anime? What's the appeal?
If you like Puzzle Jigsaw Plots and Anachronic Order narrative then, this anime is for you, look up for definitions if needed, but basically it's the type of mystery anime that you need to rewatch a couple of times to catch all the details and put the pieces together to fully understand the story. Even then, you'd probably need to go on forums to discuss with other people who spotted details that you missed and theorize.
The narrative is not in chronological order and most of the hints are visual. You won't get much verbal explanation.

I've watch an anime reaction channel react to this show, and they were frustrated like "What is going on in this show?" and confused the whole time.
Because most animes watchers are used to exposition through long monologues and dialogues that explain everything to the audience like they're 5.
Here, everything is explained through action and visuals, and some of the explanations/reveals or payoffs, come with a huge delay,
which also can be frustrating for your casual anime watcher who needs instant payoff and instant explanation.

If you like the chill dystopian post-apo settings, combined with weird supernatural unethical cruel "science went too far" kind of sci-fi thematics, then, this anime is also for you!
Finally, the production value is top notch. Dynamic animation and directing, beautiful art direction, beautiful backgrounds, unique art style despite some generic character designs.
Thank you for the lengthy answer! Sounds like something I'll like, considering the constant infodump dialogues that I've been a victim of recently. I think I'll really like that the hints are shown through visuals. It's good to know in advance that payoffs take time. I'm cool with post-apo, and "science went too far" is also an intriguing description! I've noticed that the production is really crisp, and the way they handled this scene was pretty impressive. There's definitely some passion behind this project. Thanks again, I'm gonna give it a watch!

Jun 18, 2023 3:42 PM

Mar 2021
Oh crap, I thought the Robin guy is new. Turns out he's been in the story since the early days. Looks like I spoiled myself bad!

Jun 18, 2023 3:54 PM
Jun 2022
i thot waz rlly gud
Jun 18, 2023 3:55 PM
Dec 2017
So disturbing this episode.
Gosh, I feel that Robin is not a good guy.
I am not prepared for the last episode when everything will match. All stories will meet together, it will be the climax of this season.
Maybe more blood, more mindfuck or everything will be ordered correctly.
Jun 18, 2023 4:40 PM

Sep 2014
Wtf did this really happen?
Even with all my years watching anime this is the first time Im actually grossed out by this..

I did get spoiled that something like this was going to happen, but I never thought it would hit the main character, or rather my first thought was "lets hope its not her" so of course it is..

I guess Robin wasnt that great after all.

When an episode in a serious show feels too wholesome you can really tell something bad is about to happen.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 18, 2023 5:12 PM
Jul 2017
FreezePeach said:
Her hair changed color. Hair don't change color after surgery. Maybe she got someone else's scalp.
...Brain replacement is currently impossible.

Kiriko hair changed to Haruki's. Must be a coincidence. /s

It's already was mentioned to be possible(or rather doable) in the Takahara facility, if you've watched the recent episodes. Also why are you referring to "our" capabilities when discussing a fictonal world with monsters and stuff?

FreezePeach said:
He says "I'm just conducting a small experiment. Who's inside this head of yours?" - I think he is serious. He knows something that we don't. He investigated the doctor, studied surgery and doctor Usami's work with Mimihime, a Hiruko. Kiriko is clearly not a normal girl but how far she is from norm is unknown.

And "you've grown so much since we last saw each other" doesn't imply that Robin was raping Kiriko for years.

Ahh yes, the classic "I'll rape the kid i've been taking care of for years to find out whether there is something wrong with them"...
It just doesn't adds up.
Jun 18, 2023 6:19 PM

Dec 2008
What a disturbing ending.
Jun 18, 2023 6:50 PM
Jun 2023
No i don't liek this episode bicause....
Jun 18, 2023 8:27 PM
Aug 2020
Honestly feel that isn't Robin brain wise and it might be the doctor for a few reason like obviously the shift in his personality being so drastic. Probably a better reason since people can change and or hide who they are but the fact that he believed the story so easily.
Jun 18, 2023 8:41 PM
Apr 2021
its ntr, rape, mind-control, gender bender. what a good hentai
Jun 18, 2023 9:16 PM
Feb 2020
crazy episode the whole way suspenseful through the roof the way it was directed was also brilliant tough to get this episode out of my head
Jun 18, 2023 9:25 PM

Oct 2013
That ending fucking shook me, brilliant episode, and arguably the most horrifying yet. I had a hunch Robin would be twisted, but the way it was played is just... goddamn. This thread is predictably a gold mine, although I'm a little disappointed everyone's focused on the "rape" and almost no one has commented on the "watching the little brother rape his sister" angle Robin, and the show, are clearly getting at. Equally fucked up.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 18, 2023 9:41 PM

May 2019
Lots of things happened in this episode, from the facility being destroyed to Maru and Kiruko finding a settlement. Regarding the facility, Mimihime was fearless in exploring the opening and seeing a blue sky for the first time. She was awestruck as I think anyone would be seeing the sky for the first time. It looks like the old lady director may have been killed since it appears that a bunch of debris fell on her but I'm not completely sure if she did die. Baby Maru and his brother/clone being marked by the doctor guy, I'm curious if its the doctor that rescues baby Maru or someone else.

Back to Kiruko and Maru, it looks like they have found a good settlement until Kiruko finds Robin. I'll be honest, I didn't think anything suspicious of him until Kiruko got out of the bath and her clothes were gone. It's too bad that she was not able to escape before Robin handcuffed her and it looks like no one will save her. Btw, I recall 2 guys checked Kiruko for weapons before she entered Robin's area so she would not have been able to bring her gun with her.

With one episode remaining there's a lot to cover so I question how they'll be able to do it all. I would like to see what happens to everyone at the facility and Kiruko getting payback on Robin one way or another. Maru probably won't be able to forgive himself for not being there for Kiruko, damn.
Jun 18, 2023 9:49 PM

Oct 2017
I've been spoiled of the rape thing very early on and now it's finally there.
I think the execution is done very well and it flash out what a twisted man Robin has become.
I know this is a controversial topic but given that the amount of 1/5 rating on this episode, seems to me Mal community is a lot more innocent than i thought lolz.
Like srsly you guys cant take this type of topic?

Also for a post apocalyptic dystopian society, rape is a pretty common theme, and you can see a lot of prostitutes walking on street looking for people, showing from the previous episodes already.
Jun 18, 2023 9:51 PM
Aug 2022
This episode contains graphic, and emtionally distressing situations, far beyond regular anime level of degeneracy.

Victims of past traumatic sexual sexual experience should avoid this episode.
It's extremly gross, and unsuitable to watch. Even I felt grossed out by it.

I've watched plenty of degen animes...
Jun 18, 2023 10:00 PM

Oct 2017
LifeSameAsLarry said:
Lmao, kids these days.
Discussing sensitive topic = hentai.
FreezePeach said:
Amount of pearls clutching in these comments is amusing. The series has medical experiments on kids, AI creating superhumans, terrifying man-eating monsters, an adult planning to murer a child to transfer her brain into a new body, two suicides on top of "completely normal" brutal murder and mutilation. But rape is a step too far.

Robin is suddenly a second coming of Hitler. Everything he ever did or said is creepy and evil. This is ridiculous. At no point until the last few minutes there was any hint that something is wrong with him.

Episode 3
- He was participating in hunt for a monster and send Haruki home when he tried to join.
- He lost a young sister about 10 years old in the large disaster and now he is overprotective to kids.
- He was investigating the doctor allegedly researching monsters and experimenting on humans.

Episode 8

Episode 12

Some of these are rumors and a few we know only from his own words. Sill, so far he seems to be a good egg.

Then he rapes Kiriko. There were no any signs that he is a rapist or even just anything but a perfect citizen. He has power and money, sex is cheap in the town as Maru's viewpoint shows.

The well established character suddenly completely changed for no reason. Weird. It doesn't make any sense. Unless we are looking at a plot twist. Things are not quite what they seem to be and it will be explained eventually.

We don't know anything about Kiriko's death and details of her operation. Her hair changed color. Hair don't change color after surgery. Maybe she got someone else's scalp. Much more likely the suspicious doctor used a few extra monster parts. Brain replacement is currently impossible. Just connecting a damaged nerve is beyond our capabilities and we are talking about all cranial nerves.

There are plenty of people in search for a reason to be offended, this plot twist doesn't work for everyone. But I think this is what it is. There are monster parts in Kiriko. She will eventually develop special abilities. Maybe she already did.
Are you rly sure he's innocent from the perspective of Horuki and some rumors?
People nowadats are pretty naive
Do you remember Man-eaters part can worth a fortune in black market? Maybe he tries to hunt Man-eater for profit.
Maybe he has ulterior motive for raising the orphanage too.
Also do you remember the last gunshot from ep3? It's very likely it's Robin who shoot Horuki's sister in the end.
Horuki was a naive child back then and only see the good side of Robin. He probably nvr aware that his sister might have some relationship with him too since it's unlikely they'd let him know.
What we see about Robin is only from the perspective of a naive kid who lookup to his "role-model" -> Horuki and nothing more.
Ventus_SJun 18, 2023 10:21 PM
Jun 18, 2023 10:44 PM

Oct 2017
davidyodo24 said:
I knew it the moment Robin saw Kiruko, that face wasn't shocked from happiness at all. That is the face that seeing ghost, implying he is the one that shot her in the past.

The Visual Storytelling is going crazy in this episode.

omg imagined the person you admire so much is this evil rapist piece of shit.
This is WILD!!
Exactly. Robin could have been the one who killed Horuki's sister.
Also everything we know about Robin is from the naive child perspective who look up to his parental figure and nothing more.
We donnu shit about Robin so ppl who said the act of raping is unhinted/ out of place is just fooling themselves.
Jun 18, 2023 10:48 PM
May 2023
dang things getting real now
Jun 18, 2023 11:19 PM

Apr 2021
FreezePeach said:
You're well aware of course of the countless cases of child rape done by the father or uncle who was a well respected man, a doctor or an attorney, right?
Why do you assume that someone bad should always appear bad to others?
Jun 19, 2023 12:11 AM
Nov 2018
Orekin said:
FreezePeach said:
Her hair changed color. Hair don't change color after surgery. Maybe she got someone else's scalp.
...Brain replacement is currently impossible.

Kiriko hair changed to Haruki's. Must be a coincidence. /s

It's already was mentioned to be possible(or rather doable) in the Takahara facility, if you've watched the recent episodes. Also why are you referring to "our" capabilities when discussing a fictonal world with monsters and stuff?

FreezePeach said:

Ahh yes, the classic "I'll rape the kid i've been taking care of for years to find out whether there is something wrong with them"...
It just doesn't adds up.
"Kiriko hair changed to Haruki's" - I have no idea what you are trying to say. Do you think that color of hair is defined by the brain somehow? Like there are really really deep roots? Simply put, dumb idea. It doesn't work this way. It was not a normal surgery. We know squat about how Kiriko died and what kind of surgery it was. It is intentional, which means there is a plot reason behind it. It eventually will be revealed.

Also, Kiriko hair color doesn't match Haruki's, it is a completely different color from both sibling's darker hair.

For all we know parts of brain of both siblings were used. Or there can be no brain at all, just some weird Hiruko's part. Kiriko's mind can still be alive but dormant. We know nothing and it is a deliberate storytelling choice.

"was mentioned to be possible(or rather doable) in the Takahara facility" - tons of stuff is possible in this facility that is impossible outside of it.

The operation was most likely done by the doctor from the facility. That's why all the foreshadowing about the suspicious doctor and all the mystery about Kiriko's death. They make no sense otherwise.

"Also why are you referring to "our" capabilities" - because the story is based in ou" world, the only things beyond our capabilities come from the Takahara Academy - kids with superhuman abilities, the monsters, the gun, the brain transplant. The world outside of the Academy is normal. This is not Wonderland where everything is possible, the story is based in our world.

"It just doesn't adds up" - it adds up much better than "I'll rape the kid i've been taking care of for years for no reason at all" you for some reason insist on. What doesn't add up is sudden and pointless change of well established good character into a completely different person.
FreezePeachJun 19, 2023 12:17 AM
Jun 19, 2023 12:23 AM

May 2019
Quanda1eDing1e said:
Jfc this episode messed me up. I want to rate it a 1 for hate but this peak content deserves all 5's for what it is, so that's what it gets. This is the first time an anime made my eyes water out of dread rather than tragedy like anohana or angel beats. I feel so sorry for Kiruko the betrayal from being defiled from who she remembered as her loving big brother. Meanwhile Maru decided to allow her, her privacy. This is when realism feels bad rather than good, we would have all loved Maru to somehow guess something was off, or even to follow on a whim to save her just in time. But sadly he did what most would have done, we can't blame him but he will definitely shoulder the blame knowing how he is. What a terrible thing to happen, and off topic but it's all but confirmed that Robin is Taka right? I wonder how he will react coming across his friends son? I wonder what made him become a sick fuck? So many questions 

5/5

I'll just say Robin is not Taka. That makes completely no sense and I don't know how you reached that conclusion.
Jun 19, 2023 12:28 AM
Nov 2018
Ventus_S said:
LifeSameAsLarry said:
Lmao, kids these days.
Discussing sensitive topic = hentai.
FreezePeach said:

Episode 3

Episode 8

Episode 12

Are you rly sure he's innocent from the perspective of Horuki and some rumors?
People nowadats are pretty naive
Do you remember Man-eaters part can worth a fortune in black market? Maybe he tries to hunt Man-eater for profit.
Maybe he has ulterior motive for raising the orphanage too.
Also do you remember the last gunshot from ep3? It's very likely it's Robin who shoot Horuki's sister in the end.
Horuki was a naive child back then and only see the good side of Robin. He probably nvr aware that his sister might have some relationship with him too since it's unlikely they'd let him know.
What we see about Robin is only from the perspective of a naive kid who lookup to his "role-model" -> Horuki and nothing more.
"from the perspective of Horuki and some rumors" - so, from the perspective of everyone who ever met the guy. Yes, it makes sense to me. It explains the events much better than ridiculous "he was secretly evil the whole time but was masterfully hiding it until finally blew his cover for no reason".
"Maybe he tries to hunt Man-eater for profit." - not a single hint of this hunt in the story.
"Maybe he has ulterior motive for raising the orphanage too" - not a single hint of it in the story.
"It's very likely it's Robin who shoot Horuki's sister in the end" - why? What evidence you have to back it up? We know nothing about her death. There is literally nothing connecting Robin to it, yet "it's very likely". Just why?
"What we see about Robin is only from the perspective of a naive kid" - no. Robin has reputation independent from the kid in Asakusa (ep3 shows him a few times), Immortal Order (ep8) and the current town in ep12. And it was spotless everywhere.
"People nowadays are pretty naive" - but you see the ruse. Hundreds of naive people who knew and lived with the character for years, what the hell do they know? You've seen the soul of Robin in the last couple of minutes of episode 12. How clever of you.
Jun 19, 2023 12:32 AM
Feb 2013
This is one of the first times I have seen NTR in a non hentai, he even made sure Haruki watched.

That was definitely hard to watch.
Jun 19, 2023 2:39 AM
Mar 2019
This episode was so...disturbing.
Jun 19, 2023 3:31 AM
May 2021
WHY THEY DO THAT TO HIM NOOOOOO
Jun 19, 2023 3:46 AM

May 2015
WTF ROBIN IS F*CKING DOING ?!!
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

477 by Kobayashis »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » What would you do if your waifu told you she is like Kiruko? [SPOILER]

Zarutaku - Feb 11

26 by Zarutaku »»
Today, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2023

126 by Lithium95 »»
Sep 11, 10:46 PM

» Season 2 ?

seasonanimes_ - Sep 8

12 by JuliusKingsley0 »»
Sep 10, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2023

132 by g_c_ »»
Sep 4, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.