Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
May 1, 2016 10:04 PM

Oct 2015
This episode was really great! The ending scene was really well captured but in comparison to the manga's version it was really tame.
Here's the manga version: http://imgur.com/a/HFRNU

Ouch.
May 1, 2016 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
crx07 said:
d388 said:
Yeah, exactly. Let's take away the show from its shitty writers and give it to you, because it's ridiculous how the current producers can't deal with something so obvious and annoying.
Subaru is not hitting on girls. Also, this is obviously an episode with heavy character exposition and very low story content. And Subaru is actually investigated it. You just don't notice it.
Here's Subaru's goal: Making his date with Emilia happen by stopping his death by learning who the killer is.
Subaru's methodology: Keep all things constant (unchanged) and then don't sleep on the day of killing. He will learn who the killer is by not sleeping and avoid the killer if he can and look at the killer's attributes.
What actually happened: He is unable to keep things constant perfectly, but is able to roughly keep the storyline as similar as possible. He is able to invite Emilia for a date, but unfortunately, he is unable to escape the killer. If he is able to get some data abouth the killer on the night he was killed, it is a nice step forward.
hungryheart95 said:
... this episode was basically the same as the last episode. There was barely any story development at all. Yes he didnt actually retrace all his steps from the previous episode but damn the story did not go anywhere at all. I hope this wont be a short series since they have an episode to waste on the same thing. They should have atleast showed us who or why or how he keeps dying.
Agree that there's not much story development, but it's because they sacrificed it for character exposition. He retraced his steps (he attempted to do so because that's his plan), but he failed to do it perfectly. But he successfully repeated the story so his plan is still successful. This is not a short series. They really dragged the exposition on why, how he keeps dying.
hungryheart95 said:
He already did all that the previous episode there was no need to repeat the process again and again.
Why do you say that? Subaru needs to repeat the process because everything is doing well in his favor, except the killing. Maybe he applies the term "don't fix anything that ain't broke". He only fixes the part that he does not want to happen, which is the killing. So he changed his behavior "sleep at night" to "don't sleep until he dealt on the killer".
hungryheart95 said:
It feels like this episode was just a filler. And what you are saying is POINTLESS. Becuase no matter how much he builds his relationship and developtment on other characters it will all be gone and reset back to ZERO once he die. There was no development at all other than him finding out the someone does kill him at night. That was the whole point of the episode.
This episode is important for those who wants to know the characters more and the watchers who wanted to speculate which of them is the killer.
Epicenter said:
Yeah I think the MC is pretty disrespectful about the pink haired girl, I mean sure the other one is obviously more talented, but to be so openly trashing her all the time is wrong to me.
I don't think he is disrespectful. And I believe he said just it in terms of ability, not as a person. If he really compared the twins, then maybe he said it because he thinks their personalities and appearance are exactly the same. It's harsh, but it's accurate.

I totally agree with you. These moments might seem repetitive, but they are shot from different angles. With an early stage like this, we need to know as much as possible about the world and the people around him, otherwise how can we know what he felt after knowing that the moment he enjoyed only stay within his own mind?
Though, the conversation is not that witty or full of word plays and sarcastic like Bakemonogatari, I think they are quite enjoyable. Just like how Steins;Gate went, the first half was just like this, but it is necessary for the development of the second half. But I guess it means that the director did a good job to make people want to look forward to what will happen, which is a good thing.
May 1, 2016 11:02 PM

Sep 2013
Glad the interactions changed from last time otherwise I'd have flashbacks of the Endless Eight episodes.

We get to see more of Rem and Ram this episode. Rem is pretty adorable when she smiles. Seeing Ram teaching Subaru their native language automatically made me think "oh shit, he's gonna go through this again isn't he?"

Also, we finally get visuals on the ED credits! I've been waiting for this for quite a while now. I loved the song and the visuals told a good story.

Now FINALLY...That after credits scene.

May 1, 2016 11:59 PM

Jul 2014
ttcchen said:
mozgow said:
Maybe only that part about "puppy" and the girl. But just a little :-)
The rest should be pretty obvious.
why keep on putting "puppy" into italics...? Are you trying to...emphasize something...?
I'm not sure if it's still a puppy :-)

ttcchen said:
mozgow said:
I never said they are evil! :-)
What I actually think, I wrote in some other comment.

I might be overthinking it, but that's what this kind of anime are for :-)
that'll be verrrrry interesting!! but why bite subaru and not the kids...?
I was going to write some reasons for that, but after reading some posts in this thread my theory changes a bit :-)
mozgowMay 2, 2016 8:25 AM
May 2, 2016 12:02 AM

Apr 2010
hmm.. am I missing something here?? I still don't get why many like this show..

I don't like the MC very much.. his jokes and excessive talking are never funny to me.. and the other characters seems bland so far for me..

the plot is kinda interesting but not engaging for me..

I'm not dropping this show yet cause many think this is a good show.. so will the show get better in the future?? or basically this will be the same formula that the show will follow to the end??
May 2, 2016 12:08 AM

Jun 2015
tinman21 said:

I don't like the MC very much.. his jokes and excessive talking are never funny to me.. and the other characters seems bland so far for me..

I'm not dropping this show yet cause many think this is a good show.. so will the show get better in the future?? or basically this will be the same formula that the show will follow to the end??

It gets darker. If you're not liking it now then I guess that's you. It is one of the better shows of the season for me.
May 2, 2016 12:17 AM

Mar 2016
tinman21 said:

There will be more story, this still is just the start. But there will many revives so expect to see him go back and do things again alot from different angles.
Imo this show is great although slow but that's all necessary for story development. They can cut half of the novel and manga and rush it but there won't be any fun in that.

And you gave Bakemonogatari 10 which have the most excessive dialogues (most of the time useless imo) idk how subarus talk is excessive.
May 2, 2016 12:18 AM

Mar 2015
tinman21 said:

That's just Subaru right now. "Subaru's an idiot who has four faults: clueless, useless, powerless, and reckless (laughs). But what makes him endearing is that compared to the average person he's more stubborn, gutsy, and unwilling to give up." - His voice actor.

If episode 6's "The Sound of Chain" didn't hook you up, then drop it. Since that episode is like my favorite moment in the second novel.

May 2, 2016 12:27 AM

Mar 2014
Finally a calm and light hearted episode without any despair for once.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 2, 2016 12:32 AM

Mar 2016
Pass-the-Salt said:
Finally a calm and light hearted episode without any despair for once.

Did you see the post credits part? ;)
Wouldn't be saying this then.
May 2, 2016 12:35 AM
Mar 2009
excellent episode. seems like Beatrice's alternate space/time library keeps her from being affected by the death reset.

I thought the MC would have immediately thought that he died in his sleep, but he reacted more like sleeping was the trigger. I can give him a pass if he just thinks that he different kinds of resets, but really death should've been the first and most obvious answer. He was only worried about losing the promise he made and not why he was reset. Bewildering. I'm guessing he needs to suffer through things 2-3 times before things start to click.

With the previous episode showing Roswaal discussing the MC possibly being a spy, I just have to think they are trying to kill him to protect Emilia. Kid comes out of nowhere and inserts himself into their household, etc. etc. suspicious suspicious, better safe than sorry. Actually after reviewing that scene, I'm convincing myself Roswaal was telling Ram to get rid of him. Even made that chopping motion to the neck.

Rem being pleased about him liking demons is somewhat interesting, wonder why that is.

Given the ending of this episode, I would hope he comes the correct deduction as to why he was reset. I eagerly await the next one.
May 2, 2016 12:39 AM

Mar 2015
ColdBreeze said:
@DarklordVor

Would you mind to post the whole interview in a new thread for those who are interested? I would do it but I'm on my phone and short on time.

The voice actors talked about quite interesting things.
Well, if you like ofc.

Someone already posted it 11 hours ago :)

May 2, 2016 12:43 AM

Sep 2015
Roswaal fabulous as fuck. Guy has the best seiyuu possible as well.
As expected this show kills me again in the last 4 minutes. Love that they kept the dark vibes going, best cliffhangers ever. 5/5
May 2, 2016 12:56 AM

Jun 2007
After this episode I get the feeling Beatrice is or has pieced together what's going on because she's managed to avoid his reset because of her room and has had time to monitor him and everyone else. She remembers the previous day but no one else seems to. Subaru also mutters about his death in front of her at the start so she has a general idea of when he dies. I'm guessing this episode gave her a way to verify that he actually dies and comes back. So I think in a future episode she may play a role in him getting past this new road block.

I think it's also safe to assume that no one in the castle is full human. In the episode before this, Ram and Ros (forgot his name) are seen together looking down at Subaru and Emilia from the castle. Ros mentions how he would like to interfere but Ram mentions that they are only children and that even if we let them be, nothing will happen. This insinuates that Ram is older than she appears. We also have what happened in this episode. Rem asks if Subaru likes demons and he says he does and she becomes happy. With that said, Ros is also a powerful magician.
May 2, 2016 1:42 AM

Mar 2016
People keep saying "They've foreshadowed it", "They heavily hint it" or such. You guys could only said that because you've seen the original material or the manga which have went further ahead.. Like seriously, just stop.
May 2, 2016 1:42 AM

Nov 2014
Every episode I yawn through considering dropping it until the post credits scene.

I hope this series speeds!
May 2, 2016 2:26 AM

Jul 2007
DeathfireD said:
After this episode I get the feeling Beatrice is or has pieced together what's going on because she's managed to avoid his reset because of her room and has had time to monitor him and everyone else. She remembers the previous day but no one else seems to. Subaru also mutters about his death in front of her at the start so she has a general idea of when he dies. I'm guessing this episode gave her a way to verify that he actually dies and comes back. So I think in a future episode she may play a role in him getting past this new road block.

There's nothing to indicate that Beatrice remembers the previous day .
What Beatrice was talking about was what we saw at the start of the previous episode where he woke up earlier and stumbled into her room and got his mana sucked out. That happened before a reset point(which is when he woke up to the maids few hours latter), so obviously she remembers him. From her point of view she met him few hours back.
May 2, 2016 2:46 AM

Jan 2016
Holy shit that ending ... i still think that one of the twins did it
May 2, 2016 3:35 AM

Jan 2016
awesome end...this time...toooo
but majority was a stupid filler episode
May 2, 2016 3:37 AM

Jan 2016
i think the genre must change XD
May 2, 2016 4:16 AM

Jan 2016
he re
ColdBreeze said:
Hydrous said:
How was this a filler? o.o
\
he relived a day...mothing was new...it was just like a filler
May 2, 2016 4:19 AM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:
Hydrous said:

Don't mind people like him. They need everything spoon-fed to them and If it's not action or death then "nothing happened" in their eyes. If someone isn't able to see what happened with Subaru throughout this Episode then he/she is simply not paying enough attention.
May 2, 2016 4:38 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Cliffhanger again.

I just hope the culprit is totally a stranger, not someone from the mansion.

I'm still curious on how "the savepoint" is created

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 2, 2016 4:48 AM

Sep 2008
So he really did die in his sleep last time. That ending was intense.
May 2, 2016 4:57 AM

Mar 2016
Fappa said:
ColdBreeze said:

Don't mind people like him. They need everything spoon-fed to them and If it's not action or death then "nothing happened" in their eyes. If someone isn't able to see what happened with Subaru throughout this Episode then he/she is simply not paying enough attention.

I agree and I doubt they will understand untill they watch this when completed.
May 2, 2016 5:08 AM
Jan 2016
Damn this series is getting darker and darker
May 2, 2016 5:34 AM

Dec 2012
Oh My God! This anime never fails to amuse me! 10/10
Subaru gets close to Emilia, Subaru dies.
Subaru gets close to Felt, Subaru dies.
Subaru gets close to Emilia again, Subaru dies.
Subaru gets close to Rem and Emilia, Subaru dies.
I wonder if distancing himself from getting close to women would help his survival rate?

May 2, 2016 5:40 AM

Jan 2015
Really boring episode, hopefully next episode something actually happens.
May 2, 2016 5:42 AM

Jan 2011
Re:Zero never fails to entertain me. The majority of the episode was really light-hearted and fun. At first, Subaru was so frustrated about him dying and everything being reset. However, after a brief talk with Beatrice he regained his confidence and went through the day all over again in high spirits. Emilia is such a beauty, I don't blame Subaru being so nervous around her during the study session. Subaru was already on good terms with Ram in the previous episode but this time he spent a lot more time with Rem. When Subaru talked about demons, Rem became unusually interested. Then the camera zoomed into her smiling, could this be some foreshadowing? Subaru and Emilia finally agreed to go on a date for the second time.

We finally got to see the ED song visuals and some things have got me really curious but at this moment I have no idea what they mean. Everything seemed to be going really well until the final scene after the ED. That shocked the leaving hell out of me, holy shit. Subaru became extremely ill and was puking his guts out. His left arm literally just flew off into the ceiling light. Blood was everywhere, on the floor and walls. Then his head exploded or something. It seemed like something attacked him though. Fuck, that was a really brutal and horrific scene. Totally threw me off. I just love Re:Zero and its tone shifts. Can't wait to find out more next week!
5/5
May 2, 2016 5:48 AM
Jun 2015
Is it possible that Rem or whatever the blue haired twin is the one who killed Subaru? If so, is she a yandere :o
May 2, 2016 5:49 AM

Apr 2015
A-list_96 said:
It always amazes me how there are always people who are blind for everything except the biggest things. Seems like everything completely flew over your head. If you don't change your way of looking at things in this then I'm sorry you won't have your fun watching Re:Zero.
May 2, 2016 5:52 AM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
A-list_96 said:
It always amazes me how there are always people who are blind for everything except the biggest things. Seems like everything completely flew over your head. If you don't change your way of looking at things in this then I'm sorry you won't have your fun watching Re:Zero.

Not a fan of the repetitions. Same thing happened with Erased. I've been enjoying the first and last episodes of the arcs just not the episodes in between.

Repeating a day with minor changes is not enough content to carry an episode. If there are some details that play an integral part to the story that I've missed I will admit that I'm wrong.
May 2, 2016 5:58 AM

Dec 2015
Poor Subaru...the end made me feel really bad about him.
May 2, 2016 6:08 AM

Apr 2012
FSL29_ said:
People keep saying "They've foreshadowed it", "They heavily hint it" or such. You guys could only said that because you've seen the original material or the manga which have went further ahead.. Like seriously, just stop.

Or (maybe) unlike you, ppl are smart enough to see the hints etc... never read the manga/novel and saw it coming.

but tbh.. ppl still complaining.. everything is not worth to watch because he dies blah blah. Its just bullshit. We see a lot of development and characterization .. Yeh the development "resets" after his death but its all important and Subarus development never stops. He breaks more and more, bit by bit with every death.
NiQue_May 2, 2016 6:13 AM
May 2, 2016 6:11 AM

Nov 2011
How can so many people missed the fact that Subaru revived to the moment after he got send flying by Beatrice? Of course, she remembers him because the checkpoint is after the meeting. She didn't kill him when they first met. She don't remembers the reset OK, stop with those already.

May 2, 2016 6:21 AM

Apr 2015
A-list_96 said:

Not a fan of the repetitions. Same thing happened with Erased. I've been enjoying the first and last episodes of the arcs just not the episodes in between.

Repeating a day with minor changes is not enough content to carry an episode. If there are some details that play an integral part to the story that I've missed I will admit that I'm wrong.

Well this loop already startet completely different from the one before. Instead of greeting The maids with meta commentary Subaru flees even before Emilia can arrive already causing differences in the timeline. Then his whole behavior starts to change. Just compare how he meets Betty in Episode 4 and then in this episode. We see how he slowly starts to break. I mean did you hear one meta, fantasy game related sentence from him? Nope.

After that scene he decides to reenact The same events in the same manner to create the same timeline which Leads to the same 4th night. By doing that he can draw his one and only advantage at the moment; knowing what will happen and when it will Happen.

From this point onward you can see at many times that Subaru puts on a happy act and desperately tries to make the events happen in the exact same way.

He still decides to hug Puck but he is not als passionate about it as before. In fact it feels like he has to force himself to go through all that again. Then he once again applies for a job as a butler. They used the exact same scene to Showcase Subaru's intentions to keep it all the same but then Ram has a hiccup not a sneeze. This small Detail once again implies that it doesn't work as good as Subaru would like it to be. Another example would be how Subaru let the dog bite him again although knowing this would happen. He also starts the dialogue with Emilia in the same way although the Setting is different which once again shows the desperarity in his action.

This continues throughout the episodes which makes the differences to the Loop in Episode 4 even more apparent. Hell they even showed us scenes we haven't seen in The 4 days of his first loop.

The show gives a lot of subtle hints towards changes in The Timeline aswell as upcoming character Development. You simply have to pay attention throughout The entire episode :)
May 2, 2016 6:26 AM

Mar 2016
phreeak said:
FSL29_ said:

Or (maybe) unlike you, ppl are smart enough to see the hints etc... never read the manga/novel and saw it coming.

Ok, tell me one guy who haven't read other mediums yet notice this so called "hint"?
Like I said, theories are great and all, because it's what this dicussion is about, but comments like I said above is just not needed for a specific episodes discussion.

People only know that it's a hint because they already know the future storyline, in which they can look back and say, "Ohh, they hinted it before! I see I see.".
May 2, 2016 6:28 AM

Jul 2007
_Yato_God said:

Considering there are still people who claim that "first half of steins;gate was filler and the show could have been 12 episodes", I really doubt completing the show would change that mentality. Its a prevalent problem in anime community and not just with this show.

ColdBreeze said:
Hydrous said:

Its really tiresome to see the same old "bah this had no action so that means nothing happened" being repeated again and again.

Basically any show that actually spends time delving into characterization or has proper narrative progression and build up, nowadays gets called "filler" by those crowds who stumbled into the shows for cheap thrills. Its the approach towards medium that matters. Some of people like that grow out of "looking for thrills as definition of progression" while others do not.

A-list_96 said:

If you do not enjoy actual plot development that is your problem. Mindless explosion shows by ufotable are always a valid alternative

This is not an action show. And having a proper characterization is the basis of any good narrative.
This episode provided plenty of characterization for both Subaru and the maids, as well as providing more pieces of the puzzle of the overall narrative.

FSL29_ said:
phreeak said:

Ok, tell me one guy who haven't read other mediums yet notice this so called "hint"?
Like I said, theories are great and all, because it's what this dicussion is about, but comments like I said above is just not needed for a specific episodes discussion.

People only know that it's a hint because they already know the future storyline, in which they can look back and say, "Ohh, they hinted it before! I see I see.".

People are capable of seeing and interpreting foreshadowing without knowing the actual answers.

Foreshadowing and hints are just pieces of the puzzle. ITs not hard to notice them and its what fuels theories and discussions on the actual direction of the show.
AhenshihaelMay 2, 2016 6:31 AM
May 2, 2016 6:32 AM

Mar 2016
Fai said:
People are capable of seeing and interpreting foreshadowing without knowing the actual answers.

Foreshadowing and hints are just pieces of the puzzle. ITs not hard to notice them and its what fuels theories and discussions on the actual direction of the show.

*sigh*, didn't I say that theories are fine, infact it's good, that will make a good discussion. But people who says "It's heavily hinted" or such are definitely the one that have already seen the other mediums.

"People only know that it's a hint because they already know the future storyline, in which they can look back and say, "Ohh, they hinted it before! I see I see."."
May 2, 2016 6:32 AM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
A-list_96 said:

Well this loop already startet completely different from the one before. Instead of greeting The maids with meta commentary Subaru flees even before Emilia can arrive already causing differences in the timeline. Then his whole behavior starts to change. Just compare how he meets Betty in Episode 4 and then in this episode. We see how he slowly starts to break. I mean did you hear one meta, fantasy game related sentence from him? Nope.

After that scene he decides to reenact The same events in the same manner to create the same timeline which Leads to the same 4th night. By doing that he can draw his one and only advantage at the moment; knowing what will happen and when it will Happen.

From this point onward you can see at many times that Subaru puts on a happy act and desperately tries to make the events happen in the exact same way.

He still decides to hug Puck but he is not als passionate about it as before. In fact it feels like he has to force himself to go through all that again. Then he once again applies for a job as a butler. They used the exact same scene to Showcase Subaru's intentions to keep it all the same but then Ram has a hiccup not a sneeze. This small Detail once again implies that it doesn't work as good as Subaru would like it to be. Another example would be how Subaru let the dog bite him again although knowing this would happen. He also starts the dialogue with Emilia in the same way although the Setting is different which once again shows the desperarity in his action.

This continues throughout the episodes which makes the differences to the Loop in Episode 4 even more apparent. Hell they even showed us scenes we haven't seen in The 4 days of his first loop.

The show gives a lot of subtle hints towards changes in The Timeline aswell as upcoming character Development. You simply have to pay attention throughout The entire episode :)

I did pay attention to all that doesn't take too much brain power to figure out really.

My issue with the repetition is that nothing substantial happens (New trivial dialogue doesn't count as content fit to fill an entire episode) I personally wasn't engaged nor entertained by such minimal changes that happened in this episode. Imo all that these redundant repetitions are doing is harming the pacing of the show.
May 2, 2016 6:39 AM

May 2010
Oh Subaru is gonna suffer more this time.. He's handling this case pretty smartly, I like. At least his cooking and cleaning skills will improve considerably by the time it ends.

Seems like Subaru/Beatrice is going to be my brotp, love how she remembers him regardless.

Okay, okay, Rem > Ram. I take back what I said last episode.

I felt like Subaru's VA sounded a bit like Okabe Rintarou (or Miyano Mamoru) when he was all nervous and later when he invited Emilia on a date.

I hope Subaru gets that reward, I'm kinda rooting for him now.
I love the ending song so much!!! My favorite this season for sure! I just looove the moment when she sings, "kieteshimau no -silence- I wish I was there. -music starts again." Just amazing.

He's poisoned... and he lost an arm. Terrific voice-acting right there. Man, this show makes me so hyped. I wonder who it was... I'm really suspicious about Ram tbh. Seems like she was ordered by that lord of hers to poison him. Idk for sure tho, anyways I want the next episode. right. now.
TragicRomanceMay 2, 2016 6:42 AM
May 2, 2016 6:44 AM

Dec 2014
Oh boy that escalated quickly. I am happy that they censored the Extreme-Gore-Stuff.
I am nooooot good with blood and there is no hope for less gore^^.
It is weird that they skipped the magic talk in the bath.
May 2, 2016 6:47 AM

Oct 2014
Friendly reminder that Fappa cosiders SAO, SAO II and Fairy Tail masterpieces. Reconsider his opinions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lied, I didn't dropped this. I'm mostly morbidly curious about people reactions, if anything.

The anime adaptation has some really cool stuff in them. I skipped the previous episode, so I didn't noticed then, but there's a detail I liked, that I didn't notice very well until I read that interview (I seldomly bother with reading staff information). Ram and Rem share different VA's and yet they went out of their way to sound similar when they are in their "twins talk mode". It was a nice touch indeed.

Also yes. This episodes drops clues like's nobody's business. Some people had already figured out who or what killed him in the first loop only by watching this and last episode.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
May 2, 2016 6:49 AM

Mar 2016
Fai said:
_Yato_God said:

Considering there are still people who claim that "first half of steins;gate was filler and the show could have been 12 episodes", I really doubt completing the show would change that mentality. Its a prevalent problem in anime community and not just with this show.

Yeah there are these people who are never satisfied. They will bash on Tokyo Ghoul because it was rushed then they will bash on this anime cause it's faithful to novel and manga and so being slow.
May 2, 2016 6:53 AM

Jan 2015
ColdBreeze said:

Not really trivial though. But if you dislike "repetitive" episodes you should avoid series with time loops in the first place. Especially this one because you will see more loops in the future.

Depends really S;G is my second favorite anime of all time.

Fai said:

If you do not enjoy actual plot development that is your problem. Mindless explosion shows by ufotable are always a valid alternative

This is not an action show. And having a proper characterization is the basis of any good narrative.
This episode provided plenty of characterization for both Subaru and the maids, as well as providing more pieces of the puzzle of the overall narrative.

Wow condescending much. My issue is with the repetitiveness ruining the pacing. So far I enjoy the first and last episode of the arcs but it gets tiresome to watch the ones in between.
May 2, 2016 6:54 AM

Mar 2016
FSL29_ said:
phreeak said:

Until episode 4 I had not read anything. And I didn't pick any hint but instead of saying the anime is shit or sucks or whatever I waited for next episode every week. And almost all my questions were answered in the next episode.
May 2, 2016 6:54 AM

Jul 2014
MonoReaper said:
It is weird that they skipped the magic talk in the bath.
As someone already said, they most likely rearranging things, just like with the talk about Subaru's hair.

It will most likely be in the next episode.
May 2, 2016 7:00 AM

Nov 2015
I lost my sht on the latter part. I thought he's going to die a painless death in this ep but nah.
May 2, 2016 7:02 AM

Jul 2007
FSL29_ said:
Fai said:

*sigh*, didn't I say that theories are fine, infact it's good, that will make a good discussion. But people who says "It's heavily hinted" or such are definitely the one that have already seen the other mediums.

"People only know that it's a hint because they already know the future storyline, in which they can look back and say, "Ohh, they hinted it before! I see I see."."

You can think something is heavily hinted and be wrong though.

The discussion with the maid on their way from the village can be easily interpreted as "heavily hinting" at them being demons. Do we know if they are? No. If they are then that position is correct. If they are not, then it is what is called a "red herring" - faux foreshadowing/hinting that leads nowhere.

Sure some people WILL pretend they don't know anything and make "theories" to make themselves look smart, but it is impossible to know which ones are actually speculating and which ones are just pretending to.
May 2, 2016 7:03 AM

Apr 2015
ttcchen said:
kidlat020 said:
making the 4th loop "very exciting". the author was brilliant here.

you mean the loop where he

the part where
you can only imagine what was happening to the author as he wrote that.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1835 by Pruzkumak »»
Yesterday, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2077 by Shadicgunman »»
Yesterday, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

513 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 23, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

793 by cibertopia »»
Sep 21, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 19, 1:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.