Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2016 9:29 PM

Jan 2016
DJAzureSky said:

Stop fooling yourself. I've watched every single Macross, SDF, DYRL, Plus (both versions), 7, Dynamite 7, Zero, F, F movies.

Delta is just following the popular JP music trends (which is an indicator of you know, Macross not being made for Western audiences, so you criticisms literally hold no weight) and it's still using the elements that make Macross, Macross.

The three elements that make Macross are a Love Triangle, VFs, and music.

so if i put Love Triangle, VFs, and music into a series that includes horror, pokemons, a lot of bloods and idols who become super sayans, i can call it Macross as well?

then what you say makes sense

the element that made macross in the 1982 was the wish to make an anime on giant spaceship that could be better than yamato
during the development they merged it with other concepts they were working on and macross was born
the "songs" had no real power in the real macross, they confused the enemy only cause they were naive
if macross broadcasted you know "what" instead of a love song and a kiss scene, they would win against zeltran with no effort in few minutes
Apr 4, 2016 9:33 PM
May 2011
ZeroG said:
DJAzureSky said:

Stop fooling yourself. I've watched every single Macross, SDF, DYRL, Plus (both versions), 7, Dynamite 7, Zero, F, F movies.

Delta is just following the popular JP music trends (which is an indicator of you know, Macross not being made for Western audiences, so you criticisms literally hold no weight) and it's still using the elements that make Macross, Macross.

The three elements that make Macross are a Love Triangle, VFs, and music.

so if i put Love Triangle, VFs, and music into a series that includes horror, pokemons, a lot of bloods and idols who become super sayans, i can call it Macross as well?

then what you say makes sense

the element that made macross in the 1982 was the wish to make an anime on giant spaceship that could be better than yamato
during the development they merged it with other concepts they were working on and macross was born
the "songs" had no real power in the real macross, they confused the enemy only cause they were naive
if they broadcasted you know "what" instead of a love song and a kiss scene, they would probably had won whith no effort

Hmm... I guess you really don't want to leave SDF and DYRL, do you?

I'm seeing SDF as part of the series as a whole, you're seeing the entire series as only being SDF and DYRL. I think I found the problem here.
Apr 4, 2016 9:39 PM

May 2013
so... what is the actual title for eps 1?, and is eps 1 remake from the pre-air special with an extra footage??
Apr 4, 2016 9:47 PM

Jan 2016
DJAzureSky said:

I'm seeing SDF as part of the series as a whole, you're seeing the entire series as only being SDF and DYRL. I think I found the problem here.

i watched robotech, macross tv, dyrl, macross 2, macross plus, macross zero, macross f tv, macross f movies

i loved the character design of macross 7 cause is the same of many anime from the'90, but had not the stomach to watch that nosense were songs have magic powers

macross plus was cool, i just find disappointing that a song suddendly had the power to hypnotize the whole planet earth in few seconds

macross zero was cool, i just felt a bit confused cause the enemy was an angel from evangelion and songs suddendly had the power of talking to him

macross f was really cool, i was a bit disappointed cause songs were the only way to talk and hypnotize a race of space monsters

now in macross delta songs have magic powers? again?
cause the trend says that moe is power and macross is about moe and songs
yeah... super sayan idol who's able to win with a kamehamea against the macross cannon

my problem with macross is: the more power have a song, the less i like it
a song is a song
its power is not magic, or strength
its power is love and culture

and macross was a series about culture
ZeroGApr 4, 2016 9:51 PM
Apr 4, 2016 9:49 PM
May 2011
audian said:
so... what is the actual title for eps 1?, and is eps 1 remake from the pre-air special with an extra footage??

Yes, it's called

Prologue on the Battlefield
Apr 4, 2016 10:08 PM
May 2011
ZeroG said:
DJAzureSky said:

i watched robotech, macross tv, dyrl, macross 2, macross plus, macross zero, macross f tv, macross f movies

i loved the character design of macross 7 cause is the same of many anime from the'90, but had not the stomach to watch that nosense were songs have magic powers

macross plus was cool, i just find disappointing that a song suddendly had the power to hypnotize the whole planet earth in few seconds

macross zero was cool, i just felt a bit confused cause the enemy was an angel from evangelion and songs suddendly had the power of talking to him

macross f was really cool, i was a bit disappointed cause songs were the only way to talk and hypnotize a race of space monsters

now in macross delta songs have magic powers? again?
cause the trend says that moe is power and macross is about moe and songs
yeah... super sayan idol who's able to win with a kamehamea against the macross cannon

my problem with macross is: the more power have a song, the less i like it
a song is a song
its power is not magic, or strength
its power is love and culture

and macross was a series about culture

...You really are just ignoring everything else about Macross and only focusing on the music...

Funny how you are completely wrong about Frontier's use of music. The Vajra were not hypnotized (Unless you count the Fold wave generators in the movies). They communicated with Ranka and Virus!Sheryl through the emotions in their songs. It's literally a more empathetic version of SDF's use. Instead of culture shock, they were communicating with Ranka's emotions in her songs since they didn't speak the same language.
Apr 4, 2016 10:46 PM

Jan 2016
DJAzureSky said:

...You really are just ignoring everything else about Macross and only focusing on the music...

Funny how you are completely wrong about Frontier's use of music. The Vajra were not hypnotized (Unless you count the Fold wave generators in the movies). They communicated with Ranka and Virus!Sheryl through the emotions in their songs. It's literally a more empathetic version of SDF's use. Instead of culture shock, they were communicating with Ranka's emotions in her songs since they didn't speak the same language.

vajira were not in a state that could be called hypnosis?
funny how they changed opinion on humans in the middle of a battle against them
if you did not noticed they were starting a genocide by warping on every planet colonized by humans
but few minutes later, thousand of them died when shielding frontier city from a macross gun
that's the power of translators like google

the one that ignores everything about macross is not me
music is just one of the problems, just one of the things that makes delta a joke

i mentioned the fact that macross army sends underaged girls on the frontline
let's say they have no choice, cause the only singers in all the galaxy that have the power to stop the zombie apocalypse are underaged
they must be really stupid to send those girls on the frontline instead of making them sing from the command bridge of their mightiest battleship

but they will win, cause the enemy tactician are even worse
they want to kill the idols, so they send a squad of vf in close combat with them...
bomb the city from the orbit with a macross cannon ?
bomb the city from the orbit with laser artillery ?
bomb the city from the orbit with a reflex missile ?
bomb the city from the orbit with an old, rusty nuke ?
nope, they are knight, so they engage in close combat

all that's left is to see VF equipped with rocket punches and beam sabers, but i guess is only matter of time
Apr 4, 2016 10:56 PM
May 2011
ZeroG said:
DJAzureSky said:

vajira were not in a state that could be called hypnosis?
funny how they changed opinion on humans in the middle of a battle against them
if you did not noticed they were starting a genocide by warping on every planet colonized by humans
but few minutes later, thousand of them died when shielding frontier city from a macross gun
that's the power of translators like google

the one that ignores everything about macross is not me
music is just one of the problems, just one of the things that makes delta a joke

i mentioned the fact that macross army sends underaged girls on the frontline
let's say they have no choice, cause the only singers in all the galaxy that have the power to stop the zombie apocalypse are underaged
they must be really stupid to send those girls on the frontline instead of making them sing from the command bridge of their mightiest battleship

but they will win, cause the enemy tactician are even worse
they want to kill the idols, so they send a squad of vf in close combat with them...
nope, they are knight, so they engage in close combat

all that's left is to see VF equipped with rocket punches and beam sabers, but i guess is only matter of time

No the Vajra weren't in hypnosis because all they were doing was communicating with Ranka, since her immunity from the V-Type bacteria made her seem like she was one of them.

Also you're literally just jumping off the slippery slope. You're thinking of the worst possible outcomes without thinking. Then again, you're blind, so...
Apr 4, 2016 11:29 PM

Jan 2016
DJAzureSky said:

No the Vajra weren't in hypnosis because all they were doing was communicating with Ranka, since her immunity from the V-Type bacteria made her seem like she was one of them.

Also you're literally just jumping off the slippery slope. You're thinking of the worst possible outcomes without thinking. Then again, you're blind, so...

sure, im blind
vajira were not under mind control, they stopped a genocide and even changed their skin colors just cause they were asked to by Ranka
did you noticed a character named Grace O'Connor and what she did to the vajira queen?
maybe not, but im the blind one so i guess she was from another anime

im thinking of the worst possible outcome?
im just saying that the battle in this first episode had no sense from a tactical and logical point of view, unless the enemy cared of civilian casualities
if so, they would be forced to engage in close combat instead of bombing the area
but they were the one that started the destruction of the city in the first place, so... wtf

when in an anime i see something happen, i want to know why that happened
when i have the answer, i try to not forget it
that's why i get disappointed when in an anime these answers, these facts are later forgotten, ignored or changed so the story can go on

maybe that's the difference between us, and what makes you belive im blind
cause you either dont remember, or dont ask yourself questions when things happen
Apr 4, 2016 11:47 PM
May 2011
ZeroG said:
DJAzureSky said:

sure, im blind
vajira were not under mind control, they stopped a genocide and even changed their skin colors just cause they were asked to by Ranka
did you noticed a character named Grace O'Connor and what she did to the vajira queen?
maybe not, but im the blind one so i guess she was from another anime

im thinking of the worst possible outcome?
im just saying that the battle in this first episode had no sense from a tactical and logical point of view, unless the enemy cared of civilian casualities
if so, they would be forced to engage in close combat instead of bombing the area
but they were the one that started the destruction of the city in the first place, so... wtf

when in an anime i see something happen, i want to know why that happened
when i have the answer, i try to not forget it
that's why i get disappointed when in an anime these answers, these facts are later forgotten, ignored or changed so the story can go on

maybe that's the difference between us, and what makes you belive im blind
cause you either dont remember, or dont ask yourself questions when things happen

Okay if you're talking changing skin color, that's definitely the movie, they were being brainwashed through the fold generators, it was when they were able to communicate with Ranka again that they returned to normal.

If you're just talking about Vajra Queen Grace, that's literally Grace acting as a "queen bee" to the Vajra, telling them to fight against the S.M.S. based on Ranka's emotions. They were never brainwashed, they just don't think for themselves since they're a hive mind.

Var Syndrome is something that just causes Zentradi to go berserk, there's no rhyme or reason to attack, unless you forgot that in the first two minutes of the episode when they describe Var Syndrome. Walkure and Delta Squad were made to suppress Var Syndrome, that's why when they're singing they calm down, but the moment they stopped singing, the Var Syndrome was still in control.

So you just weren't listening. The only thing that they didn't explain fully yet was how Hayate was able to control a 171 like it was the Work Destroid from the beginning of the episode.
Apr 5, 2016 12:03 AM

Jan 2016
DJAzureSky said:
So you just weren't listening. The only thing that they didn't explain fully yet was how Hayate was able to control a 171 like it was the Work Destroid from the beginning of the episode.

im quite sure that vajira changed color in the tv series as well
but calling it hypnosis, or misunderstanding cause grace was sending fake data into their brain network is not the point
the point is delta and how much "macross" is

the val syndrome is not a natural illness, but seems to be caused by an evil idol who works with the enemy VF
why that enemy attacked in the first place?
is not yet explained, of course is just the 1st episode
but if their intention was to kill the enemy idols, and they did not cared of civilian casualities, then sorry, that battle had no more sense than the battle of a giant robot in an anime from the '70
Apr 5, 2016 1:08 AM

Jul 2007
@fst nice smear campaign attempt and flamebait. Now go back to fate fanboi threads and stay out of normal anime stuff. I have been with this website since it's inception and my "reputation" and knowledge precedes mere teens unable to deal with the fact that their beloved show was bad.

audian said:

"EP0.89" was a preview version of Episode1. It was called Prologue on the Battlefield and it was basically unfinished version of EP1. Its a common thing in anime industry to do that.

Episode 1 is the broadcast version of that with a lot of changes and a different ending. It is called " Battlefield of Valkyries"
AhenshihaelApr 5, 2016 1:12 AM
Apr 5, 2016 1:31 AM
May 2011
Fai said:
@fst nice smear campaign attempt and flamebait. Now go back to fate fanboi threads and stay out of normal anime stuff. I have been with this website since it's inception and my "reputation" and knowledge precedes mere teens unable to deal with the fact that their beloved show was bad.

audian said:

"EP0.89" was a preview version of Episode1. It was called Prologue on the Battlefield and it was basically unfinished version of EP1. Its a common thing in anime industry to do that.

Episode 1 is the broadcast version of that with a lot of changes and a different ending. It is called " Battlefield of Valkyries"

Wow, the condescension in this post. You're basically saying that it's impossible to be an older anime fan (I'm 26 by the way) and actually enjoy Delta. I love the Macross series, it just seems that people just want to treat Macross as if only SDF and DYRL exist, when Plus, 7, Zero, F and now Delta have just been ramping up the themes. It's still a pure Macross show.
Apr 5, 2016 1:35 AM

Jul 2007
DJAzureSky said:
Fai said:

Wow, the condescension in this post. You're basically saying that it's impossible to be an older anime fan (I'm 26 by the way) and actually enjoy Delta. I love the Macross series, it just seems that people just want to treat Macross as if only SDF and DYRL exist, when Plus, 7, Zero, F and now Delta have just been ramping up the themes. It's still a pure Macross show.

Errr...Wut? Where did I say anything about Delta being bad.
Apr 5, 2016 5:11 AM
May 2011
ZeroG said:

Macross Cannon? Seriously? I'll calculate the amount of full sized Macross-class ships they have built as of Frontier for you.
2 SDF(Macross itself and Megaroad-1)
12 SDFN(Including the SDFN-4 Global which appeared in Frontier)
Each colony fleet has a Battle-class, so there are at least 55 Battle-[Fleet name] out there as of Frontier.
That's 69 confirmed full Macross-sized ships, and we haven't accounted for the ones that were destroyed or lost like Megaroad-1, Battle 5, Battle 13, SDFN-4 Global.

About 70 full Macross-sized ships. In the whole galaxy. Just using one of them alone implies a large enough threat. Moving one into position to shoot alone would be hard, let alone getting one of them.

And no, attacking the city from orbit in any way would incur the wraith of every goddamn military force in the galaxy. Once news gets out, NUNS HQ sends a fleet or two into the region, the richer people hires private military services like SMS, effectively making sure the knights won't have the luxury of hiding in the galactic equivalent of rural regions.
Remember, EARTH was glassed from orbit. Attacking a city from orbit is just going to make them put a bounty on your head.
Apr 5, 2016 6:08 AM

Jan 2016
WhatShtIsThis said:

And no, attacking the city from orbit in any way would incur the wraith of every goddamn military force in the galaxy. Once news gets out, NUNS HQ sends a fleet or two into the region, the richer people hires private military services like SMS, effectively making sure the knights won't have the luxury of hiding in the galactic equivalent of rural regions.
Remember, EARTH was glassed from orbit. Attacking a city from orbit is just going to make them put a bounty on your head.

first, in all the galaxy there are 100.000 bodolza class fortress with an escort fleet of millions of zeltran ships, including millions meltran battleships of the same class of the first macross before the repairs
and even if you dont move ships of that class, many smaller ships from zeltran and human fleets, like the macross quarter had that firepower

second, iif you did not noticed, they just declared war to both zeltrans and that colony

bounty of their head? they have altready it, unless of course, the writer of this series is a total idiot and the UN government will take that whole carnage for a kid joke
Apr 5, 2016 8:28 AM

Jul 2012
Do you people hate fun or what?
Watching this episodes give me the most fun I have for the long time. The music, the fight choreography, the characters dialogues...It's just massive pure fun.
Apr 5, 2016 9:54 AM

Jul 2007
joshua_mai said:
Watching this episodes give me the most fun I have for the long time. The music, the fight choreography, the characters dialogues...It's just massive pure fun.

Anyone who actually watched actual Macross franchise would like this.

The elitist few who only recognize first few macross shows will hate this. As well as those who do not understand the concept of this show representing the music industry relevant at the time in Japan.
Apr 5, 2016 10:13 AM

Jan 2016
joshua_mai said:

Is not that me or others hate fun or hate moe characters, music, magical girls and comedies
The problem is that you cant produce an anime like "narutaru the shadow star" call it pokemon shadow and broadcast it as a part of pokemon franchise saying that it have all the elements of the first pokemon and they were just a little improved
ZeroGApr 5, 2016 10:20 AM
Apr 5, 2016 10:14 AM
Jan 2008
Not exactly a great start to the story, but it was entertaining enough. Also it’s not surprising that people have taken very divisive stances; seems to happen for each TV sequel of the franchise. Personally I don’t share the same displeasure that many fellow fans have against it; still feels like Macross to me.

The essence is there, but if this somehow gets bad later on (hope not), it might be because of other issues and certainly not because some aesthetics, since those change in every iteration of the series.
Apr 5, 2016 10:27 AM

Jun 2013
I decided on a whim to try this out since I heard you don't have to be familiar with the franchise fo watch it, and I'm surprised with how much I enjoyed this first episode.... definitely going to continue :)
Apr 5, 2016 10:34 AM
May 2011
Virtual_sk said:
Not exactly a great start to the story, but it was entertaining enough. Also it’s not surprising that people have taken very divisive stances; seems to happen for each TV sequel of the franchise. Personally I don’t share the same displeasure that many fellow fans have against it; still feels like Macross to me.

The essence is there, but if this somehow gets bad later on (hope not), it might be because of other issues and certainly not because some aesthetics, since those change in every iteration of the series.

Most of the people I see complaining are just "I want to see what happened with Hikaru and Minmay" when Kawamori himself said that he's done with their story, he wants to focus on introducing new characters.
Apr 5, 2016 10:35 AM
May 2011
ZeroG said:
joshua_mai said:

Is not that me or others hate fun or hate moe characters, music, magical girls and comedies
The problem is that you cant produce an anime like "narutaru the shadow star" call it pokemon shadow and broadcast it as a part of pokemon franchise saying that it have all the elements of the first pokemon and they were just a little improved

Macross was never a super serious show though. Stop acting like it was.
Apr 5, 2016 10:42 AM

Jul 2007
ZeroG said:
joshua_mai said:

Friendly reminder that the franchise started with a war where bunch of human space hippies fought evil teenager space vampires by giving them orgasms via music.
Friendly reminder that the same franchise also had a main character who controlled his ship with an electric guitar.

This is exactly in line with Macross. It just represents a different era of music that is currently prevalent in japan. Just like Macross always did
Apr 5, 2016 10:43 AM

Apr 2008
Macross shows are always a strong hit or a miss IMO and I don't have a good vibe on this one. However most mecha shows don't start out that great, so it could improve so I'll continue to watch.

DJAzureSky said:

Macross was never a super serious show though. Stop acting like it was.

I remember reading in an old anime magazine about how in the early development Macross was being planned to be a parody of MS Gundam. That changed of course but it might explain why it does seem to get more serious later in the story and in DYRL compared to the more silly first half.
LevoApr 5, 2016 10:47 AM
Apr 5, 2016 10:48 AM

Dec 2011
Somebody halp i just can't stop listening to Ikenai BORDERLINE and Koi! HALATION THE WAR i love these so so much. All hail new Macross!
Apr 5, 2016 10:54 AM

Jul 2007
ZeroG said:

@Fai with all the respect, teenage idols versus space vampires that sucked music instead of blood is the plot of Macross 7, the Macross franchise started a bit differently

You are right! The original macross was about teenager space vampires being confused about love, music and sexual relationships being defeated by power of love. How silly of me!

To be honest its very easy mistake to make. One just has to remember that one has electric guitar controlled spaceships while other does not.

RasberryKisses said:
Somebody halp i just can't stop listening to Ikenai BORDERLINE and Koi! HALATION THE WAR i love these so so much. All hail new Macross!

Same. Absolutely beautiful songs.

Ikenai Borderline especially because of how un-idolish it is in terms of song tempo and vocals.
AhenshihaelApr 5, 2016 10:58 AM
Apr 5, 2016 11:38 AM

Jul 2007
DJAzureSky said:

The idols don't have magical powers though. Their holographic outfits have been something that's been around since DYRL (remember the date scene? Or is your head so far up your ass you don't remember). The jet skirts are something Sheryl and later on Alto used in the movies. They also only are able to "control" the drones because of the field that the pilots in Delta squad sets up for them.

Correct. Idols literally work as a distraction/cure for enemies and a support for the actual mechas.

All the fighting was done by actual pilots.
Apr 5, 2016 11:53 AM
Mar 2016
hey, newbie around here. Just making an account just to ask somethings

Im not a macross fan, never watch any of the previous series, just interested with the promotional poster all with those nice looking girl and all. Am i good to watch this one?
Apr 5, 2016 12:03 PM

Jul 2010
@stormgrimmar

Yes. Go ahead. There's no need to watch any of the previous series.

All you really need to know about the Macross backstory is explained in a short blurb at the beginning of the episode.
MARISA-KAITENApr 5, 2016 12:06 PM
Apr 5, 2016 12:07 PM

Jan 2016
DJAzureSky said:

The idols don't have magical powers though. Their holographic outfits have been something that's been around since DYRL. The jet skirts are something Sheryl and later on Alto used in the movies. They also only are able to "control" the drones because of the field that the pilots in Delta squad sets up for them.

I guess mutual respect and refraining from offending others is something you dont understand, the same way you cant tell the difference between a sci fi and a magical girl show

Also im still able to tell the difference between an holo projector and a force field projector
Nothing bad in having a force field so light that a 16yo girl can wear it under a skimpy dress while she dances
The only problem is that a 20 tons plane builded with the same technology shoud have a force field 1000 times stronger and the weapons to penetrate its own field
so a girl wearing a mini force field that tries to distract a mecha like that, is literally dancing with the death
Yeah yeah, the force fields of the drones are being recharged by another mecha
This leads to more ridicolous technology problems, like having a macross sized battleship sending energy to the force fields of his fighters, making a close combat to a ship or military base impossibile for small units
Sorry, i should not really talk about topics so hard to understand with someone like you

Mod Edit: Edited quote of an edited post.
Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ArdanazApr 5, 2016 2:11 PM
Apr 5, 2016 1:03 PM

Feb 2008
Damn, Mikumo is so fabulous (and such a badass). What a move to clear the rubble accumulated above one's self! Of course, the accompanying track was rather catchy and enjoyable as well. Gender bending is strong in this series, as expected.
Apr 5, 2016 1:18 PM
Feb 2009
Can't compare to Macross F
but better than Symphogear, maybe watchable.

shut the f up, what was that. Immediate rating fall.

Kind of like Macross F
but they are much worse here. thou music is kind of OK, better than F.

I'm getting pissed off. If the music wasn't so relaxing I'd have given it a really low rating for disapointing my expectations.
Apr 5, 2016 1:21 PM

Mar 2013
Fai said:

audian said:

Whoa bruh chill, I'm was agreeing with you back there. No need to get all defensive when I'm reinforcing your point.

But it's OK because I still got your back on this one, because I'm a nice guy.

ZeroG said:

If to you this is stupid, and an idol that gains magical powers when singing is normal, then ok
There is no point in discussing more
You wont change your opinion and i will do the same

End of the story

There's no "magic", everything is purely mechanical, it just looks vaguely like magic because of smoke and mirrors. People call it magic because it has things like a mahou shoujo style transformation sequence... So fucking what? Holographic outfits are nothing new for the franchise. Besides that the fighters and drones do all the heavy lifting. The singing is front and center visually, but it's not what's actually getting the job done its just a support element. It's like a David Copperfield show, except the tricks are plain for all to see.

Considering that I don't see how you can argue that they took it too far with the whole power of music thing when Plus had music that hypnotized a massive audience into a stupor

ZeroG said:
DJAzureSky said:

The idols don't have magical powers though. Their holographic outfits have been something that's been around since DYRL. The jet skirts are something Sheryl and later on Alto used in the movies. They also only are able to "control" the drones because of the field that the pilots in Delta squad sets up for them.

I guess mutual respect and refraining from offending others is something you dont understand, the same way you cant tell the difference between a sci fi and a magical girl show

Also im still able to tell the difference between an holo projector and a force field projector
Nothing bad in having a force field so light that a 16yo girl can wear it under a skimpy dress while she dances
The only problem is that a 20 tons plane builded with the same technology shoud have a force field 1000 times stronger and the weapons to penetrate its own field
so a girl wearing a mini force field that tries to distract a mecha like that, is literally dancing with the death
Yeah yeah, the force fields of the drones are being recharged by another mecha
This leads to more ridicolous technology problems, like having a macross sized battleship sending energy to the force fields of his fighters, making a close combat to a ship or military base impossibile for small units
Sorry, i should not really talk about topics so hard to understand with someone like you

Have fun watching this trendy fan service garbage that have the same name of a series i watched before you were born ;)

Macross has never been that much in the hard side of sci-fi for that kind of concern to count as anything more than clutching at straws.

You don't want me to point out all the things that don't make sense from a technical standpoint in the franchise, we'll be here for weeks.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
TyrelApr 5, 2016 6:09 PM
Apr 5, 2016 2:08 PM

Apr 2008
It's really annoying to see how often people here voice their opinions as the absolute truth. People are different and perceive things differently; Liking or disliking this episode doesn't make anyone smarter, or a true macros fan for that matter. It all comes to personal taste, some fans are enjoying Delta's new aspects while others not. And I don't believe every new element presented in Delta takes part of the natural evolution of the franchise, it is simple what the writers/producers want to do with the franchise atm. Kawamori & Co. could have taken a thousand different approaches for Delta, but they did what they did, and while I am deeply dissatisfied with some of these changes, I respect they decision at least.

I already stated on this topic what I disliked about Delta. But it is just my opinion, and it does not make me better than anyone. Maybe Delta will become a masterpiece, maybe it will turn worse than Gundam Reconguista, who knows what future holds?
Apr 5, 2016 2:15 PM
May 2011
ZeroG said:
DJAzureSky said:

Stop changing the subject. Just admit that you're wrong about how SDF was only serious no fun.

I did not changed subject dude
I was talking to another man
You must have serious understanding problems, cause i never said that macross had no fun parts and was always serious
i just said that macross was mainly serious, and much more serious than macross 7
The 3 zeltran spies were fun, goofy, but they also had a deep psycology
Not to mention that after the war they became peddlers and had not exactly an easy life

So i should admit im wrong on macross?
If fun scenes make macross a funny anime thats not that serious, i guess that elfen lied is the same as macross...

You're idealizing SDF way too hard that you're blind to the fact that this topic where I'm trying to tell you that Delta is a natural evolution of the elements of what make Macross.

You keep bringing up other anime to try and distract everyone from the fact you clearly do not know what you're talking about.
Apr 5, 2016 2:25 PM

Jan 2016
DJAzureSky said:

You're idealizing SDF way too hard that you're blind to the fact that this topic where I'm trying to tell you that Delta is a natural evolution of the elements of what make Macross.

You keep bringing up other anime to try and distract everyone from the fact you clearly do not know what you're talking about.

You misunderstand again
I just bring other anime as an example of what we were talking about
Is not to confuse or change topic

I say macross was serious cause had many adult and serious scenes

You say that was not that serious, cause of many funny moments

I say that the overall tone was serious, and that if some funny moments are that important, then elfen lied is a comedy as well, cause it had funny moments too

I clearly dont know how you cant understand
Apr 5, 2016 2:51 PM

Mar 2013
ZeroG said:
DJAzureSky said:

You misunderstand again
I just bring other anime as an example of what we were talking about
Is not to confuse or change topic

I say macross was serious cause had many adult and serious scenes

You say that was not that serious, cause of many funny moments

I say that the overall tone was serious, and that if some funny moments are that important, then elfen lied is a comedy as well, cause it had funny moments too

I clearly dont know how you cant understand

If that is the case then you still cannot argue that delta is any different or that it's somehow not macross because it deals with some serious subject matter as well in the first episode. bearing in mind we are nly 1 episode in, compared to the first episode of, say, Frontier, its tonally not that different.

And depending on your perspective, elfen lied could be considered a comedy because of how over the top and stupid it is.
Apr 5, 2016 3:01 PM
Sep 2015
I disliked it a lot. The girl was ok and the song was catchy. I didn't saw the other Macross franchise but even without it the whole concept of this anime is for idol fetishism. Not to mention the bad use of violence art.
Apr 5, 2016 3:14 PM
May 2011
Fredorito said:
I disliked it a lot. The girl was ok and the song was catchy. I didn't saw the other Macross franchise but even without it the whole concept of this anime is for idol fetishism. Not to mention the bad use of violence art.

Ah, that's a shame. I understand where you are coming from though. Macross always has a representation of the popular music in Japan at the time, while mixed in with a lot of awesome mecha fighting. This means that the music trend is idol groups such as Momoiro Clover Z, AKB48, and musr/aquors.
DJAzureSkyApr 5, 2016 3:18 PM
Apr 5, 2016 3:21 PM

Apr 2010
Macross has gone full idol.
Apr 5, 2016 3:22 PM

Jan 2016
@fst we will see what delta will become
But sorry, my opinion is that dancing idols in macross have no place on the frontlines
And to me thats already a big difference
If you want to cal it an evolution of the franchise, well ok

A last thing, if original macross had dancing idols like delta, and delta just fights like the original macross, i would defend the original battle idols concept and dislike a macross with just fights

I dislike when a story is changed, just that
Apr 5, 2016 3:30 PM

Jul 2007
Elazul said:
It's really annoying to see how often people here voice their opinions as the absolute truth. People are different and perceive things differently; Liking or disliking this episode doesn't make anyone smarter, or a true macros fan for that matter. It all comes to personal taste, some fans are enjoying Delta's new aspects while others not. And I don't believe every new element presented in Delta takes part of the natural evolution of the franchise, it is simple what the writers/producers want to do with the franchise atm. Kawamori & Co. could have taken a thousand different approaches for Delta, but they did what they did, and while I am deeply dissatisfied with some of these changes, I respect they decision at least.

I already stated on this topic what I disliked about Delta. But it is just my opinion, and it does not make me better than anyone. Maybe Delta will become a masterpiece, maybe it will turn worse than Gundam Reconguista, who knows what future holds?

To be honest there's not a lot you can do with the idea of idol scene in terms of Macross.

Macross always portrayed present day trends in music and the current japanese music scene is 100% crazy about idol groups. And Delta is pretty much the only feasible way I could see in transferring idol tropes into it.
Apr 5, 2016 3:30 PM
May 2011
antonn said:
Macross has gone full idol.

It always was since Minmay tho.
Apr 5, 2016 3:31 PM
May 2011
ZeroG said:
But sorry, my opinion is that dancing idols in macross have no place on the frontlines

A last thing, if original macross had dancing idols like delta, and delta just fights like the original macross, i would defend the original battle idols concept and dislike a macross with just fights

I dislike when a story is changed, just that

Nothing has changed though. Macross is still that show about love triangles, mecha that can transform into fighters, and music.
Apr 5, 2016 4:01 PM

Mar 2010
The cringe was real. I don't know why but i found this episode funny. Bitch was pissing in an apple container.
Apr 5, 2016 4:07 PM

Oct 2015
During the whole episode felt I was watching a movie; good structure and quality animation. The music is great as the design of Mechas.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Apr 5, 2016 4:15 PM

Jan 2016
DJAzureSky said:
Nothing has changed though. Macross is still that show about love triangles, mecha that can transform into fighters, and music.

nothing has changed?
then all mecha series with idols, love triangles and mecha can be called macross, no matter how funny or tragic can become
and all series with kids that command evolving monsers can be called...
no wait, you will say im changing topic if i bring ANY example

yeah, you are right, NOTHING CHANGED
and i don't even know what im talking about, i dont even know the first series i guess
i will watch it again, looking for teenaged vampire aliens who are looking for their parents and idols who are able to face a mecha with holograms and music

see you
Apr 5, 2016 4:33 PM

Mar 2013
Oh ffs

ZeroG said:

then all mecha series with idols, love triangles and mecha can be called macross, no matter how funny or tragic can become

THIS PART HAS NOT CHANGED

at least not significantly enough to be clear after 1 fucking episode. For fuck sake we don't even have a fucking love triangle yet and you're complaining that the tone is different when, in fact, we haven't yet seen enough if the series to realistically make that comparison anyways
Apr 5, 2016 4:43 PM

Jan 2016
fst said:

THIS PART HAS NOT CHANGED
at least not significantly enough to be clear after 1 fucking episode. For fuck sake we don't even have a fucking love triangle yet and you're complaining that the tone is different when, in fact, we haven't yet seen enough if the series to realistically make that comparison anyways

like i said while answering to you before on this SAME page:
ZeroG said:

im glad that you dont consider it a change, and that you enjoy the show
but i would even be more glad if you dont start to insult me cause i dont share this opinion, like DJAzureSky did

thanks ^_^
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » About this show's reputation and the endless "Frontier vs Delta" debate

ShadowMonkey - Aug 19, 2020

11 by Lucifrost »»
May 19, 6:14 PM

» Movie vs TV Series

Reshiram_IX - Jan 16, 2023

9 by donnascherer »»
Mar 16, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

246 by AdrianShephardt »»
Mar 7, 2023 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

35 by SilverCrono »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:10 AM

» Macross Delta underrated? ( 1 2 )

SaltyShoebill - Apr 26, 2016

66 by procion »»
Aug 31, 2022 12:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.