Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Feb 2, 2016 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
I STILL WANT MY TWIN DAUGHTERS DAMMIT!!! until they go through puberty... then mom can take care of them
Feb 2, 2016 3:23 PM

Jan 2015
ODJ said:
I STILL WANT MY TWIN DAUGHTERS DAMMIT!!! until they go through puberty... then mom can take care of them

ahahah ofc wouldnt that be nice! ^^
Feb 2, 2016 3:28 PM

Feb 2014
ODJ said:
I STILL WANT MY TWIN DAUGHTERS DAMMIT!!!

+9001
Feb 2, 2016 7:21 PM

Oct 2011
ODJ said:
if i had twin girls i would probably name them amy and may after the first twins double battle encounter in pokemon G/S/C. i always thought it was witty and liked how they have the same 3 letters

Feb 3, 2016 10:03 AM

Apr 2013
Lunabelle and Echowyn :3
Feb 3, 2016 3:41 PM

Jan 2015
talonbone said:
ODJ said:
if i had twin girls i would probably name them amy and may after the first twins double battle encounter in pokemon G/S/C. i always thought it was witty and liked how they have the same 3 letters

the reason is crazy but the names are cute!

ODJ said:
Lunabelle and Echowyn :3

nani sore?!
Feb 3, 2016 3:47 PM

Apr 2013
My first born twin daughter's names ^^
Feb 3, 2016 4:07 PM

Jan 2015
ODJ said:
My first born twin daughter's names ^^

they are just...a bit difficult to pronounce...just a little bit
Feb 3, 2016 4:34 PM

Apr 2013
nah

just call them Luna and Echo
Feb 3, 2016 4:54 PM
Apr 2015
I still have many years of school and residency ahead (6 years left), but eventually when I have the means to settle down I would like to have 2 - 3 kids. I cannot imagine my life outside of school right now, but it will be really nice to finally be out doing the job I have wanted to have since I was very young.
Feb 3, 2016 9:06 PM

Aug 2015
I don't want to have children, I've had enough with my sisters' kids :D

I used to want them tho but life changes your motivations hue
Feb 4, 2016 12:40 PM

Aug 2007
Lotus97 said:
Yay. The majority here doesn't want kids. RIP human race.

Nah, I dont think human race will disapear. There are a lots of teenage girls having kids. Here in Mexico is a problem.

Maybe but in my opinion most of times they do something because they are influenced by someone.

And I say maybe because they decided by themselves is becuase they experimanting divorce of parents or they think they are nothing to their parents. Or maybe is like you said, a rebel period.
minimiauFeb 4, 2016 12:46 PM
Feb 4, 2016 12:53 PM

Jan 2015
minimiau said:
Lotus97 said:
Yay. The majority here doesn't want kids. RIP human race.

Nah, I dont think human race will disapear. There are a lots of teenage girls having kids. Here in Mexico is a problem.

Maybe but in my opinion most of times they do something because they are influenced by someone.

And I say maybe because they decided by themselves is becuase they experimanting divorce of parents or they think they are nothing to their parents. Or maybe is like you said, a rebel period.

hum...nah, I don't think there has to be any problem between the parents to be a rebel. My parents didnt get divorced and I was a rebel teen myself. Wanted to be independent and have my own life at my own pace doing things my own way very soon. But had to wait until I was financially stable to get out of the house, at 25. Everyone has they're own personatilies and motives. I don't jugde any of the options chosen here.
Feb 6, 2016 3:01 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah. I think parents who stay together only because they have children can potentially be worse for the children. It's a complicated issue, especially if finances are involved, so it's really hard to know how things will turn out.
Feb 7, 2016 2:26 PM

Jan 2015
Lotus97 said:
Yeah. I think parents who stay together only because they have children can potentially be worse for the children. It's a complicated issue, especially if finances are involved, so it's really hard to know how things will turn out.

i think it's natural for a couple with kids who is having issues to try really hard fixing them so they don't end up hurting their children. But somestimes it just can't be avoided. And I agree with you Lotus, having parents in a toxic relationship as an example might not be such a good idea.
Feb 7, 2016 2:46 PM

Feb 2013
miyazawa_rin said:
Lotus97 said:

i think it's natural for a couple with kids who is having issues to try really hard fixing them so they don't end up hurting their children. But somestimes it just can't be avoided. And I agree with you Lotus, having parents in a toxic relationship as an example might not be such a good idea.
Speaking from a bit of experience here, because of my parents. Splitting up actually turned out to be the best thing. Things changed for better and even the toxic part of the whole deal - my father came to realize the wrong and eventually and tried to make things better, until the end.
Feb 7, 2016 3:15 PM

Jan 2015
Ascius said:
miyazawa_rin said:

Speaking from a bit of experience here, because of my parents. Splitting up actually turned out to be the best thing. Things changed for better and even the toxic part of the whole deal - my father came to realize the wrong and eventually and tried to make things better, until the end.

i dont have any experience with divorce, since any member of my closest family never got a divorce, but i think for little kids it might be very frightening, they must feel like they'll never see that person again, or that maybe they did something wrong that caused this. For older kids it might be a relief if parents stop argueing over everything I guess.
Feb 7, 2016 3:47 PM

Feb 2013
miyazawa_rin said:
Ascius said:

i dont have any experience with divorce, since any member of my closest family never got a divorce, but i think for little kids it might be very frightening, they must feel like they'll never see that person again, or that maybe they did something wrong that caused this. For older kids it might be a relief if parents stop argueing over everything I guess.
It's not that easy in these kind of situations...
Feb 7, 2016 10:16 PM
Jan 2011
I love my nieces, but I don't see myself in the role of a father.
Feb 14, 2016 12:03 AM

Jan 2016
Me and my wife are undecided. We debate back and forth but never come to a decision if we want kids or not...
 ~ ~ ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way ~ ~ ~
/| ~ Love would have conquered all..... ~ |\

Feb 14, 2016 8:03 AM

Jan 2015
Nurkie said:
Me and my wife are undecided. We debate back and forth but never come to a decision if we want kids or not...

hi nurkie! how nice finding someone my age here! ^^ funny i never had to debate on any of that, me and my hb always knew we wanted to be parents. It's a really exciting and funny experience! ^^
Feb 14, 2016 9:10 AM

Dec 2008
[quote=miyazawa_rin message=44546673]
minimiau said:
miyazawa_rin said:

Nice argument, but honestly, I am afraid that when kids reach puberty they will be not grateful with parents, I mean, they will have arguments like, "I don't need you", "I want to go away home and live my life as I want", basically hurt parents, and I really don't want that. No matter how you educate them, they are always a posibility that a classmate or friend change their minds for bad.

I want a life like this, with at least 2 cats.

no need for a classmate to change their minds. teens have to rebel against their parents, that's what their supposed to do. I'm well aware of it. It will probably hurt my feelings but i'll be proud to see him grow. I can handle it. As long as he's healthy hell I don't care about the rest! Noone is supposed to live with their parents forever so that process is just normal. I'm sure more than half the people who voted for not have kids will eventually change their minds probably in a 10 y time frame. And that's a good thing.

Someone told me recently that many guys don't want kids until they see their first kid popping out of their gf/wife. Apparently it clicks with them somehow.
Feb 14, 2016 9:11 AM

Jan 2016
miyazawa_rin said:
Nurkie said:

hi nurkie! how nice finding someone my age here! ^^ funny i never had to debate on any of that, me and my hb always knew we wanted to be parents. It's a really exciting and funny experience! ^^

Hello. I think you're the first I've seen my age on here. We like kids, we have friends and family with kids we spend time with, we just are unsure if we want any of our own. I think I actually want a kid more then my wife does though.
 ~ ~ ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way ~ ~ ~
/| ~ Love would have conquered all..... ~ |\

Feb 14, 2016 12:05 PM

Jan 2015
[quote=Cowabunga message=44732973]
miyazawa_rin said:
minimiau said:

no need for a classmate to change their minds. teens have to rebel against their parents, that's what their supposed to do. I'm well aware of it. It will probably hurt my feelings but i'll be proud to see him grow. I can handle it. As long as he's healthy hell I don't care about the rest! Noone is supposed to live with their parents forever so that process is just normal. I'm sure more than half the people who voted for not have kids will eventually change their minds probably in a 10 y time frame. And that's a good thing.

Someone told me recently that many guys don't want kids until they see their first kid popping out of their gf/wife. Apparently it clicks with them somehow.

naturally having a child of your own is an emotional-miracle-kind-of-thing noone gets indifferent to.
Nurkie said:
miyazawa_rin said:

Hello. I think you're the first I've seen my age on here. We like kids, we have friends and family with kids we spend time with, we just are unsure if we want any of our own. I think I actually want a kid more then my wife does though.

yeah we're kind of rare here! ^^ nowadays many people don't know if they want kids. Much more than before. That's something that only the couple can decide. One thing is for sure, no more boring days in your life! ^^
Feb 14, 2016 10:41 PM

Apr 2013
I want kids... I'm probably the oldest here too :/

Instead of getting married and starting a family, I just ended up getting more awesome...
Feb 15, 2016 9:59 AM

Dec 2008
Surprisingly, I've met a decent amount of people around my age who plan on having kids someday. It is said that most people swear they'll never get married or have kids when they're young and then change their minds, but I've known some guys who said they planned to be fathers in the future. This back when I was still in HS. A couple of guys in their early 20s even told me that life without kids would feel meaningless for them because they want someone to inherit their stuff and money in the future and to further their bloodline.
Feb 15, 2016 1:53 PM

Jan 2015
ODJ said:
I want kids... I'm probably the oldest here too :/

Instead of getting married and starting a family, I just ended up getting more awesome...

I agree with the awsome part ^^ focsyyyyyy
Cowabunga said:
Surprisingly, I've met a decent amount of people around my age who plan on having kids someday. It is said that most people swear they'll never get married or have kids when they're young and then change their minds, but I've known some guys who said they planned to be fathers in the future. This back when I was still in HS. A couple of guys in their early 20s even told me that life without kids would feel meaningless for them because they want someone to inherit their stuff and money in the future and to further their bloodline.

i heard my hb always used to say he wouldnt get married...lol
Feb 16, 2016 1:17 AM

Mar 2012
If I ever have kids I wouldn't have them until I'm at least 30. I used to never think about wanting kids because I used to hate kids. They were annoying, bratty, ugly little things that would cry when you didn't give them what you wanted. So I despised them...but now that I see a lot of my cousins having kids and watching them grow up, I can't help but think it'd be fun to have a little brat running around and telling you weird things...

But at the moment, I think I am too selfish to have kids. I'd rather live out my life to the fullest before I think about bringing my own genetic sacks to the universe. So I probably wouldn't be a good parent for whatever foreseeable future there is for me.

I've also seen so many people around my age who have kids at around 20-22 years of age and it really irks me that a lot of these people want to do nothing more with their lives than to be a housewife and mom. In that sense, it makes me want to have kids less when I see young people like that...but I guess to each their own.
Feb 16, 2016 1:36 AM

Apr 2013
I certainly think that hoomans should experience a bit more before starting all that. 22 is so young, I can't imagine having kids at that age. Hell, our prefrontal cortex (responsible for rational decision-making) doesn't solidify until you're 25. But now I'm wondering about when it is too late to bring your "genetic sacks" into the world.

Gonna use that term from now on @kawaiipapa
ODJFeb 16, 2016 9:56 AM
Feb 16, 2016 2:05 AM
Jan 2011
kawaiipapa said:
If I ever have kids I wouldn't have them until I'm at least 30. I used to never think about wanting kids because I used to hate kids. They were annoying, bratty, ugly little things that would cry when you didn't give them what you wanted. So I despised them...but now that I see a lot of my cousins having kids and watching them grow up, I can't help but think it'd be fun to have a little brat running around and telling you weird things...

But at the moment, I think I am too selfish to have kids. I'd rather live out my life to the fullest before I think about bringing my own genetic sacks to the universe. So I probably wouldn't be a good parent for whatever foreseeable future there is for me.

I've also seen so many people around my age who have kids at around 20-22 years of age and it really irks me that a lot of these people want to do nothing more with their lives than to be a housewife and mom. In that sense, it makes me want to have kids less when I see young people like that...but I guess to each their own.
I couldn't have put it any better.i like how you think!
Feb 16, 2016 2:50 AM

Dec 2008
Yea having a kid at 20-21 is really asking to be poor. In fact, it's usually poorer people who have kids at that age. I dunno anyone of middle or upper middle class background that has had kids at such an early age.
Feb 16, 2016 3:40 AM

Feb 2014
I live in a community where 25-35 are the ideal age for marriege , some even do it at a younger age , if I guy/girl hit there late 30s while being single its they are considered a no good, like there's something wrong with them that's why they're single .

Thank god I live in a family that overlook some of the community norms .

As for my point of view on having kids I'm in no mental state that allow me to tolerate small brats , they're annoying AF , and I say that because whenever I see my little cousins and how stuiped and annoying they're I wonder why do ppl want to have like those things ...

But still sometimes kids are fun like rarely ..
KOtAFeb 16, 2016 3:47 AM
Feb 16, 2016 10:37 AM

Oct 2015
I don't really have a choice anymore considering I'm pregnant. But I always knew I would have kids at some point. My boyfriend and I are super excited. I'll turn 24 right after I have him/her. I think that's a pretty good age considering most of my family have had their kids before 20.

I totally support people who don't want kids. I have friends that are in their 30s and getting into their 40s that are married and have no interest. I think it's nice that we're (slowly) making our way into accepting that people don't need to get married and have children to live satisfying lives.
Feb 16, 2016 1:37 PM

Jan 2015
caitie-xx said:
I don't really have a choice anymore considering I'm pregnant. But I always knew I would have kids at some point. My boyfriend and I are super excited. I'll turn 24 right after I have him/her. I think that's a pretty good age considering most of my family have had their kids before 20.

I totally support people who don't want kids. I have friends that are in their 30s and getting into their 40s that are married and have no interest. I think it's nice that we're (slowly) making our way into accepting that people don't need to get married and have children to live satisfying lives.

wow catie! Congratulations!!! I hope your son/daughter is very healthy and "genki" ^^ Having kids is a hell of a ride so rest now that you can!! ^^ but it'll be worth it! the 1st month you'll be kind of dead with no sleep but it'll get better as soon as the baby catches up on your sleeping patterns! gambatte! ^^
Feb 16, 2016 7:00 PM

Oct 2015
miyazawa_rin said:
caitie-xx said:

wow catie! Congratulations!!! I hope your son/daughter is very healthy and "genki" ^^ Having kids is a hell of a ride so rest now that you can!! ^^ but it'll be worth it! the 1st month you'll be kind of dead with no sleep but it'll get better as soon as the baby catches up on your sleeping patterns! gambatte! ^^

Thanks so much :D I'm a little less than halfway there and there is so much to do before baby gets here. I just moved. Hopefully I can relax the last month or so of pregnancy but for now it's unpacking and making sure the nursery gets done in time. I'm just excited for him/her to be here! I can deal with the lack of sleep and all that stuff just as long as he/she is healthy and happy (as much as possible).
Feb 17, 2016 12:52 PM

Jan 2015
caitie-xx said:
miyazawa_rin said:

Thanks so much :D I'm a little less than halfway there and there is so much to do before baby gets here. I just moved. Hopefully I can relax the last month or so of pregnancy but for now it's unpacking and making sure the nursery gets done in time. I'm just excited for him/her to be here! I can deal with the lack of sleep and all that stuff just as long as he/she is healthy and happy (as much as possible).

that's great!! finish stuff in the next couple of months bc the last trimester you get really heavy and don't really feel like doing that kind of stuff! Almost half way, are you what 18 weeks? Do you feel the baby already? Being pregnant for the first time is really exciting!! ^^ Yes as long as the baby is OK you'll manage somehow!
Feb 17, 2016 3:52 PM

Oct 2015
miyazawa_rin said:
caitie-xx said:

that's great!! finish stuff in the next couple of months bc the last trimester you get really heavy and don't really feel like doing that kind of stuff! Almost half way, are you what 18 weeks? Do you feel the baby already? Being pregnant for the first time is really exciting!! ^^ Yes as long as the baby is OK you'll manage somehow!

16 and a half. I did feel a bit of something new the other day but nothing since sadly. Yes exciting but also terrifying. I mean, I've read a lot and talked to people but I know that each pregnancy and person is different. It can be scary not knowing what's to come.
Feb 17, 2016 10:11 PM

Jul 2014
I don't know, if Iever had kids, it wouldn' be until my late 30's. I feel like I'm not mature enough and I'm too selfish and I wanna live my life to the fullest, achieve my goals and to enjoy being alone and my relationships before settle down and start a family.

Anyways I guess I'd rather to be a single dad than a husband.

Also, congratulations to @caitie-xx, being a parent is a hard but very grateful adventure!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2016 2:23 AM

Feb 2010
I voted "I'm too young" (though admittably clock is ticking XD). Don't know, I used to dislike kids, but since getting older, becoming godfather and all my stance has started to change. Atm I still feel no desire to become father anytime soon, but guess I'll see.
Feb 19, 2016 5:32 AM

Jan 2015
caitie-xx said:
miyazawa_rin said:

16 and a half. I did feel a bit of something new the other day but nothing since sadly. Yes exciting but also terrifying. I mean, I've read a lot and talked to people but I know that each pregnancy and person is different. It can be scary not knowing what's to come.

oh you'll be fine!! everyone does it! if you have anything you'd like to discuss pm me! i'm a fairly recent mother! (my kid is 2y and 4 mths old). What matters the most is stuff related to lactation, at least that's what i felt. Taking care of the baby is something you figure out easily.
Feb 19, 2016 9:07 AM

Oct 2015
Kougar said:

Also, congratulations to @caitie-xx, being a parent is a hard but very grateful adventure!

Thank you so much :D
Feb 21, 2016 2:53 PM

Nov 2013
I don't.
Apr 8, 2016 4:50 AM

Oct 2011
Yeah, I do. Preferably three years from now.

Ideally, I'd like to have one son, and one daughter.
May 2, 2016 2:04 PM

Dec 2015
The plan is Im going to have like 6 kids, maybe more. Have like 3 of my own, and then i'll just adopt teens, cause everyone always adopt babies but forgets about the older kids.
May 2, 2016 3:33 PM

Apr 2011
But what about the tweens? Never forget
May 3, 2016 5:00 AM

Jan 2015
minikobe27 said:
The plan is Im going to have like 6 kids, maybe more. Have like 3 of my own, and then i'll just adopt teens, cause everyone always adopt babies but forgets about the older kids.

kobe-kun you must be a kind person ^^
May 3, 2016 5:30 AM

Jan 2013
I don't think I want kids but my older sister just recently had a little one and looking after it now and then gets me a bit broody.

I don't really think about it much, i'll give it serious thought if and when I find the girl.
Sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand biggest solutions
May 3, 2016 6:50 AM

Jul 2012
minikobe27 said:

Yeah my situation would probably be closer to this.

I don't want children, at all but I probably wouldn't mind adopting later on.
May 3, 2016 8:32 AM

Apr 2016
Cowabunga said:
One thing I notice is that people tend to have a closer relationship with the parent of their opposite gender. I wonder if there's some psychology behind it? Men subconsciously viewing their mothers as the "perfect" woman, and women viewing their fathers as what constitutes a "real man".

...I sound like Freud, now.

Quoting from months ago but woohoo anyway :D
This one has actually always baffled me haha. It's certainly not true in my case.. though my dad was stay-at-home and my mom was the one working.. I only got closer to my mom when my dad(unbeknown to me at the time) was starting to develop dementia. nwn; Even now she's not the easiest to speak to, but I can say at least for someone who's in her mid 60's she's very open minded and accepting.

aa-dono said:
digimero said:
The eldest always gets left out.

Hmm... but... really? Why? Even in even number scenario? I thought they're usually very close to the youngest.

This is the one that's true in my case. owo I have 3 older brothers and me and the oldest are probably the most alike(both being huge anime/manga/gaming fans).

On the direct topic:
Since watching my first niece and nephew grow up I began to develop the bias that boys were brats and girls were sweet, so~ xD Whenever I decided somewhere in my 20's that I did want kids, I always thought a daughter would be the best way for it go for me.. Various personality analyses and etc. tell me I'm the "protector" type as well, so I guess it fits, na? (Not that I disagree)
Though now that my nephew is older, and he's into the same things I am or was, and regards me as his favorite, I realize both are just fine. xD I still think girls are cuter, though. x3

I am still iffy on finding the right person at this point in my life, but if that time never comes and I happen to build a stable life where I make more money than I need, I do think I'd be excited to adopt a child too.. I don't exactly know what age group I'd go for, but to be able to show someone a random person could come into their lives and care for them so much would be amazing. nwn
I'd probably walk into a place though and be like "Goddamnit I wish I could bring them all home" but ya know. xD

I think I could really start to rant at this so I'll leave it at that for now. owo
Also 100th voter woohoo
"I reserve my right to feel uncomfortable, reserve my right to be afraid,
I make mistakes and I am humbled every step of the way,
I want to be a better person, I wanna know the master plan,
Cast your stones, cast your judgment. You don't make me who I am."
May 3, 2016 10:14 AM

Dec 2015
miyazawa_rin said:
minikobe27 said:

kobe-kun you must be a kind person ^^

lol I guess =p
just wanna put some good in this world.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.