Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 24, 2023 9:54 AM
Dec 2017
Jbhannibal67 said:
The quality is degrading every episode.....only backgrounds are consistent . As for the characters and the frames during fights oh boy it's a mess
I noticed this too, but maybe it's because they saved the budget for later episodes?
Apr 24, 2023 9:55 AM
Dec 2017
aka_mini96 said:
Leon888 said:
in short, Mappa has been able to disappoint several times if and for this

what ever floats your boat lol if you dont enjoy something, dont watch it xD
you are a genius, tell me how do I know if I don't like something before watching it?
Apr 24, 2023 9:56 AM
Dec 2017
Sanjii_1234 said:
Leon888 said:
what does demon slayer have to do with it?
it's prime example for how animation can carry a show so hard which has bland characters, bad plot and very poor Power system.
ok but here we are talking about animation, not the quality of the characters and the story
Apr 24, 2023 9:57 AM
Dec 2017
ejleon said:
Leon888 said:
chainsaw man which is all about action scenes, wtf ? cms and also story if you go to recover the manga, ditto Hell s paradise and also action scenes if you read the manga, not just story. And then what would it have to do with it even if it was just history? this justifies you from not engaging in action scenes 🤣. congratulations you have shown that you don't know how to evaluate anime 👏

Come on dude, chainsaw man is not about the story as much as action
I could tell you the same for Hell's Paradise...
Apr 24, 2023 10:00 AM
Dec 2017
TaifSux said:
After the 4th episode its even more clear....Its just characters talking in front of a background, even thier lips barely moves...fight sequences are watchable but its Nowhere near smooth and styled as Thorgill's fight Vinland's episode 12...Producers cost cutted a lot...

Well  some weebs still will praise becuase mediocrity has became normal and background still pics looked pretty, they just want contents rather than quality. Over positivity and fan boism harms industry, shame.

I don't wanna say anymore becuase even valid critism would be called spreading hatred.
but I think it was already understood that this product would not have received the right commitment from Mappa, in the end it was not one of their flagship anime
Apr 24, 2023 10:20 AM
May 2021
Leon888 said:
aka_mini96 said:

what ever floats your boat lol if you dont enjoy something, dont watch it xD
you are a genius, tell me how do I know if I don't like something before watching it?

judging by the way you're trolling you're probably half my age so i wont be entertaining you. Happy trolling
Apr 24, 2023 10:27 AM
Dec 2017
aka_mini96 said:
Leon888 said:

judging by the way you're trolling you're probably half my age so i wont be entertaining you. Happy trolling
Did my question stump you by any chance 😂 ?
Apr 24, 2023 10:29 AM
May 2021
Nope, just don't have time for a child, dear. I'm sure you don't need me to instruct you on how to not watch the next episode of something :)
Apr 24, 2023 10:31 AM
Dec 2017
aka_mini96 said:
Nope, just don't have time for a child, dear. I'm sure you don't need me to instruct you on how to not watch the next episode of something :)
you don't have time for a child, but you have plenty of time to respond to my comments, long live consistency
Apr 24, 2023 8:30 PM

Apr 2021
Leon888 said:
TaifSux said:
After the 4th episode its even more clear....Its just characters talking in front of a background, even thier lips barely moves...fight sequences are watchable but its Nowhere near smooth and styled as Thorgill's fight Vinland's episode 12...Producers cost cutted a lot...

Well  some weebs still will praise becuase mediocrity has became normal and background still pics looked pretty, they just want contents rather than quality. Over positivity and fan boism harms industry, shame.

I don't wanna say anymore becuase even valid critism would be called spreading hatred.
but I think it was already understood that this product would not have received the right commitment from Mappa, in the end it was not one of their flagship anime

Not the point, the point is that this anime is more about the story
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 25, 2023 12:49 AM
Jul 2022
ejleon said:
Leon888 said:

Vinland is also about story and it looks very good
Apr 25, 2023 7:33 AM

Apr 2021
chiku08 said:
ejleon said:

Vinland is also about story and it looks very good

Doubt that is true, but ok
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 25, 2023 9:52 AM

Apr 2021
Leon888 said:
ejleon said:

Come on dude, chainsaw man is not about the story as much as action
nope, I already explained this, that show is more about the story 

Apr 25, 2023 12:09 PM

Jul 2010
Is that a bait thread? I can't tell these days. At least with CSM I got the criticism behind shitty CGI. Here? What is wrong HERE? Some of the faces are off, but it will be fixed in blu-ray later on. Colors are too toxic, but I think it's deliberate choice on director's part.
Apr 29, 2023 10:08 AM
Dec 2017
ejleon said:
Leon888 said:
and I repeat: what does it mean? does this justify watching a product with still images, pulled by bad animation for 24 minutes?
Apr 29, 2023 10:09 AM
Dec 2017
TheMangaManiac said:
Is that a bait thread? I can't tell these days. At least with CSM I got the criticism behind shitty CGI. Here? What is wrong HERE? Some of the faces are off, but it will be fixed in blu-ray later on. Colors are too toxic, but I think it's deliberate choice on director's part.
finished watching the 5 episode, and so far I can say that it is a show with still images in sequence where occasionally you see some animation
Apr 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Apr 2021
Leon888 said:
ejleon said:
and I repeat: what does it mean? does this justify watching a product with still images, pulled by bad animation for 24 minutes?

This show has neither of those things.
The art and animation are really good in this anime.
And what I mean is that if their are less frames for sequences then they didn’t think they were necessary.
I think you are being to hard on this anime.

May 6, 2023 11:42 AM
Aug 2016
I would say that the animation is average, nothing too groundbreaking like Heavenly Delusion or Vinland Saga, but average. I am personally fine with it though. At the very least, the background art is super pretty, and that's the thing for which I had the highest expectations. 
May 6, 2023 11:54 AM

Jun 2015
Leon888 said:
I don't want to say that the show is bad, but the technical map sector is rather disappointing, the animations are somewhat fluctuating and the battles seem so stiff, I honestly don't understand why they didn't put more effort into this anime, it reminds me a bit the treatment that "dororo" got. What do you think about it ?

I put this text into chatgpt and asked it what kind of person would say this. I cant right what it said because Id be banned.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 6, 2023 1:22 PM
Dec 2017
ejleon said:
Leon888 said:

And what I mean is that if their are less frames for sequences then they didn’t think they were necessary.
we're talking about Mappa, not a low-level studio that deals with hentai animation, if they can't get things done right then who can?
May 6, 2023 1:24 PM
Dec 2017
Koustubh said:
I would say that the animation is average, nothing too groundbreaking like Heavenly Delusion or Vinland Saga, but average. I am personally fine with it though. At the very least, the background art is super pretty, and that's the thing for which I had the highest expectations. 
heavenly delusion is truly a gem, hell s paradise instead a disappointment on the animation, Mappa that can't do its job well, even if I think it's more the fault of the director who takes care of it
May 6, 2023 1:24 PM
Dec 2017
Roch2001 said:
Leon888 said:
I don't want to say that the show is bad, but the technical map sector is rather disappointing, the animations are somewhat fluctuating and the battles seem so stiff, I honestly don't understand why they didn't put more effort into this anime, it reminds me a bit the treatment that "dororo" got. What do you think about it ?

I put this text into chatgpt and asked it what kind of person would say this. I cant right what it said because Id be banned.
I don't understand, can you explain better?
May 6, 2023 1:31 PM

Jun 2013
It's objectively above average but people expect more from MAPPA so it's understandable many find the animation disappointing or "bad".
May 6, 2023 1:43 PM

Apr 2021
Leon888 said:
ejleon said:

we're talking about Mappa, not a low-level studio that deals with hentai animation, if they can't get things done right then who can?

Whatever the studio and whatever they do …

My point is that the action scenes do not need to be as focused on as with other anime.

This anime is about the story and characters, the actions are part of it, but not the focus.

And the art / animation that is done, is not bad at all.

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

May 6, 2023 2:58 PM
Dec 2017
EVAMAAKU14 said:
It's objectively above average but people expect more from MAPPA so it's understandable many find the animation disappointing or "bad".
if by average you mean seasonal isekai i agree but if by average you mean animations average then i would say heaven of hell is very much in the term, it doesn't stand out, but it's not ugly to look at either.
May 6, 2023 3:07 PM
Dec 2017
ejleon said:
Leon888 said:

Whatever the studio and whatever they do …

My point is that the action scenes do not need to be as focused on as with other anime.

This anime is about the story and characters, the actions are part of it, but not the focus.

And the art / animation that is done, is not bad at all.

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
a well done animation should have 24 frames per second, something you find in classic disney or some american products, considering that japanese animation is based more on saving, so many still images or cgi abuses, and that of Mappa is no exception, seeing how this show is most of the time a power point, when many other Mappa shows managed to animate well at least the highest moments, criticizing the animation of this anime, is not an exaggeration, given the 'bad habit he's taking
May 6, 2023 3:13 PM
Jan 2021
Wondering if the animation will keep sliding down hill. Too bad that Mappa gave this the short end of the stick. But I guess even bad Mappa animation is comparably still better than a lot of other studios on their best days. 

It may also not just be a production issue. This series just may not translate well from a manga medium to an animation medium. What made Hell's Paradise stand out had a lot to do with the art. Heavily textured ink and gritty darkened sketched overlay gave it depth and a particular ominous feel, throughout. The overtly brightly colored monsters in place of the shadowed detailed art of the manga, removes the ominous appeal and tone of the original work. Also what doesn't translate well, is the dialogue. In manga we are able to read at a pace that suits the reader. And so we understand inner dialogue thats spoken by a characters inner thoughts are done in a blink of an eye. Having this inner dialogue relayed in real time by the characters in the midst of a fight is gonna come across as janky, by the necessity to stop the flow of the fight, to give time to allow this dialogue to occur in real time. They were able to pull it off in ep. 3 between Gabimaru and Sagiri by literally slowing down time and cutting away to flashbacks, but for the fights in ep5 & 6, it seems that the animators are being directed to pull scenes straight from the manga and animate exactly 1 to 1 depictions. This doesn't bode well for the animation, because what works in the format of manga, doesn't work in the format of animation as a medium. 
So the direction given is probably what should shoulder the blame, alongside faulty production oversight.

Either way, I'm a little disappointed in this adaptation. Of course, it could be a lot worse (knock on wood) but as it stands, it alright 🤷

To leave on a high note, OST is killing it 😻
May 6, 2023 4:09 PM
Aug 2016
Leon888 said:
Koustubh said:
heavenly delusion is truly a gem, hell s paradise instead a disappointment on the animation, Mappa that can't do its job well, even if I think it's more the fault of the director who takes care of it
I can understand if people are disappointed with the average animation, management issues like these from MAPPA aren't new considering the fate of AOT S4 P1 as a big example
May 6, 2023 4:15 PM

Jan 2021
I don't rememer if I already commented here, but, did you really expect more from MAPPA? They haven't made something that looks good in years.
May 6, 2023 5:13 PM

Aug 2020
Yeah, the action sequences look very flaccid. Compositions are very inconsistent. Very sub-par so far
May 7, 2023 1:10 PM

Jun 2015
It looks like we need to shut this project down. Peak flaccidness has been breached. Reality drive only at 85%.

We have no choice. Breech breech... hit it!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 19, 2023 12:00 AM
Apr 2022
I don't understand what you are saying.Jigokuraku is very good in my opinion. Bad animation is only from your point of view
May 19, 2023 12:04 AM
Apr 2022
HikarusukeV3 said:
HoesEatinDogFood said:
If you think this is bad animation then you have certainly not seen bad animation

What you said. I seen worst. Seems like you're trying to find a reason to complain.
That's only in your point of view. Don't think everyone is the same as you. Respect other people
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

202 by Tsinelas »»
Jun 13, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

198 by xjxlii »»
Jun 12, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2023

243 by Lennygc »»
Jun 10, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2023

325 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 10, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

335 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 9, 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.