Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 17, 2023 7:17 AM

Oct 2008
I thought the animation has been awesome this season. Strange that people are saying otherwise.

Owell!
Apr 17, 2023 10:41 AM
Dec 2021
Leon888 said:
I don't want to say that the show is bad, but the technical map sector is rather disappointing, the animations are somewhat fluctuating and the battles seem so stiff, I honestly don't understand why they didn't put more effort into this anime, it reminds me a bit the treatment that "dororo" got. What do you think about it ?

Technical map sector? What are u on abt?
Apr 17, 2023 10:51 PM

Apr 2021
Theoskrrt said:
ejleon said:

Do you people just take pride in being nitpicky about animation?

I was enjoying the story so much I didn’t even noticed what you said at all.

This anime is more about the story, dialogue, and interaction between the characters, than it is about the action sequences, so it is not as bad as you are making it seem.

I will say that their choices for the art of the creatures in the anime is creepy and strange, but that happens.
If that's true then this show is mid as fuck /imo

What a silly and childish thing to say
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 18, 2023 11:58 AM

Apr 2020
The mental gymnastics necessary to actually compare the Dororo Budget with a prime MAPPA adaptation.

Apr 18, 2023 6:35 PM
Dec 2022
zSlayPaladin said:
Bandanaa said:
Dororo looked great too. I swear, some people sound so spoiled. Not every MAPPA show is going to have the CSM staff working on it. Let them cook, this looks great so far 

Dororo is so underrated the plot and animation are top

So underrated. I can’t get anyone to give it a chance simply because they haven’t heard of it before.
Apr 18, 2023 7:56 PM
Feb 2022
This ain't demon slayer
It has good story and characters.
Apr 19, 2023 9:48 AM

May 2009
Lunatic-tic-boom said:
zSlayPaladin said:

So underrated. I can’t get anyone to give it a chance simply because they haven’t heard of it before.
Shitloads of people heard of it because it's Tezuka's manga.
Apr 19, 2023 1:27 PM
Feb 2021
Lunatic-tic-boom said:
zSlayPaladin said:

True i did recommend it to some friends of mine but they didn't wanted to watch it the main reason was we haven't heard of that anime i mean just because you didn't hear of it doesnt mean its bad it could be a hidden gem
Apr 19, 2023 5:35 PM
Jan 2021
Dororo was Beautiful, I Hope It lives up to that if anything.
Apr 20, 2023 2:33 AM
Dec 2022
zSlayPaladin said:
Lunatic-tic-boom said:

True i did recommend it to some friends of mine but they didn't wanted to watch it the main reason was we haven't heard of that anime i mean just because you didn't hear of it doesnt mean its bad it could be a hidden gem

‘Tis a shame. From beginning to end it’s a gem. I watched it during the lockdown on a whim and I couldn’t be happier with my decision. It’s one of my favorites. It is pretty heavy though. I had to put it down for a bit before I could pick it back up. That one definitely had me in tears a couple of times
Apr 20, 2023 2:36 AM
Dec 2022
bastek66 said:
Lunatic-tic-boom said:

Okay. Excuse me. My friend group hasn’t heard of it. Doesn’t know that manga. And won’t give it a chance. A lot of my friends watch anime but just the main stream ones. It was like pulling teeth to get them to watch hunterxhunter however many years ago.
Apr 20, 2023 2:48 AM

May 2009
Lunatic-tic-boom said:
bastek66 said:

Okay. Excuse me. My friend group hasn’t heard of it. Doesn’t know that manga. And won’t give it a chance. A lot of my friends watch anime but just the main stream ones. It was like pulling teeth to get them to watch hunterxhunter however many years ago.

It's not my fault your friends are anime babies
Apr 20, 2023 2:53 AM
Dec 2022
bastek66 said:
Lunatic-tic-boom said:

It's not my fault your friends are anime babies

Alright dude whatever.
Apr 22, 2023 6:48 AM
May 2021
Dororo was awesome, not all anime will be animated in the same crisp/new gen art style. Its important to adapt the art style to the anime and Mappa does a great job.
Apr 22, 2023 12:51 PM
Dec 2017
bassyey said:
Are they using the laggy stuff again?
unfortunately yes, many episodes seem to be in slow motion
Apr 22, 2023 12:53 PM
Dec 2017
ZXEAN said:
Hating Mappa is a new trend 📈
there must be a reason why it is so criticized, studio ufotable instead has never received hate
Apr 22, 2023 12:54 PM
Dec 2017
MAXproARYAN said:
Bro really took the time of his life to reply to all comments 💀
Leon888 said:
you should see Jujutsu kaisen or chainsaw, they are much better than this, from the technical sector

Anyways ofc i have seen jjk and csm, and i still think hell's paradise artstyle and animations are beautiful.
Do you have a problem if I reply to the comments under the post I made?
However if you find the animations beautiful, good for you, but it does not mean that they are
Apr 22, 2023 12:56 PM
Dec 2017
Bandanaa said:
Leon888 said:
just compare in the 3 ep the fights between Gambimaru with Keiun and Sagiri. the first one was so disappointing, we didn't even see the final part of the fight, the second one was so fluid and well choreographed.
The fight with Keiun goes exactly the same way in the manga. You're not supposed to see how it ended. And both of the fights with Sagiri looked amazing
that's what i'm talking about, they alternate between cool fights and mediocre fights, they can't maintain the quality
Apr 22, 2023 12:59 PM
Dec 2017
Griff-ith said:
Bandanaa said:
Dororo looked great too. I swear, some people sound so spoiled. Not every MAPPA show is going to have the CSM staff working on it. Let them cook, this looks great so far 

don't forget that people hated on csm too which was bizarre imo since it arguably had one of the best animations recently
Chainsaw man, had some problems that do not concern the technical sector, a thread on csm analyzed the weak points of the anime well
Apr 22, 2023 1:00 PM
Dec 2017
Bandanaa said:
You really don't have to pretend man. 
Axerix_DeezNutz said:
I don’t give a fuck about mappa the writing infuriated me 
You really don't have to pretend man. You wear your bias on your sleeve.
let's stay calm, there's no need to exaggerate like this
Apr 22, 2023 1:02 PM
Dec 2017
Sachyan said:
Yeah, it doesn't look too good, animation is stiff and characters faces don't even move accordingly, and sometimes they are just out of proportion and it's really bad. But overall I'd say it doesn't bother me that much, it's average and it's definitely one of the worst things of this anime, everything else is fine.
they could do better honestly
Apr 22, 2023 1:03 PM
Dec 2017
XINE0717 said:
Leon888 said:
questionable. They did a good job with Jujutsu kaisen, chainsaw man and Viland saga 2, but they also did mediocre jobs like Takt op destiny, The god of highschool and Campfire Cooking
wtf how campfire was mediocre seriously?????
it had a really normal art, if they hadn't told me he was from a map, I would have mistaken him for the usual seasonal isekai
Apr 22, 2023 1:04 PM
Dec 2017
AnimeSins said:
Man I get so tired of people endlessly trying to complain about anime...
don't come to anime forums then 😂
Apr 22, 2023 1:11 PM
Dec 2017
ejleon said:
Leon888 said:
I'm happy for you that you're enjoying the show. But if you compare the anime with other Mappa products, like Jujutsu kaisen or chainsaw man, you will understand that they are not really putting their efforts into this show, and it's a shame because the story deserves a lot. I disagree with what you said with the fights, this anime after all is shaping to have a lot of fights as well.

So you named two anime, Jujutsu Kaisen & Chainsaw Man, that are all about the action scenes rather than the story, hence why their animation team focused on the action scenes more, which also demonstrates that you do not understand that this anime is not like those other two, because, like I just said, this anime is focusing on the story, not the action scenes, hence why the animation team is not so focused on the action, and their main focus is to present the story.

You just proved my exact point.
chainsaw man which is all about action scenes, wtf ? cms and also story if you go to recover the manga, ditto Hell s paradise and also action scenes if you read the manga, not just story. And then what would it have to do with it even if it was just history? this justifies you from not engaging in action scenes 🤣. congratulations you have shown that you don't know how to evaluate anime 👏
Apr 22, 2023 1:12 PM
Dec 2017
thebrentinator24 said:
These threads don't even surprise me anymore. Hyped manga + MAPPA animating = pointless bait threads 24/7 from people who just want to be different. Lol.
there must be a reason why it is so criticized, studio ufotable instead has never received hate
Apr 22, 2023 1:13 PM
Dec 2017
Helltaker said:
Don't get the hate the animation looks good.
Mappa could do better
Apr 22, 2023 1:16 PM
Dec 2017
JaniSIr said:
It's a MAPPA anime, they only made 1 anime that actually looks good, and that was Idaten.
chainsaw man, jujutsu kaisen and vinland saga season 2 are also valid
Apr 22, 2023 1:18 PM
Dec 2017
R0NIT4RD said:
hey leon why did you stop replying.. my popcorn is getting cold.. come fast and type some replies to the above counter comments. You won't get your daily wage otherwise
I apologize, but don't worry that sooner or later, I will reply to the comments
Apr 22, 2023 1:20 PM
Dec 2017
Noah-wynknight said:
FallenRaven_ said:
these people have been slaving away at their jobs cut them some slack there is nothing wrong with the animation it's great

Exactly, plus mappa is one of the greatest studios of all time ( in my opinion) and I love their animation
good for you that you like Mappa animations, but sadly many times they fail
Apr 22, 2023 1:21 PM
Dec 2017
rinoasusy said:
I think you should see everything and then make your own judgments
I made my judgments based on these 3 episodes, if it gets better, good for the anime
Apr 22, 2023 1:22 PM
Dec 2017
DjKango said:
the animation in action scenes is good but it doesn't keep it same throughout the story
it depends, some movements are really stiff, others are so fake that they are annoying
Apr 22, 2023 1:24 PM
Dec 2017
Daniel01B said:
is somehow diferența from Vinland Saga pe JJK but still look good to me,is similar with Dororo who also look great
Dororo unfortunately had an inconsistent quality, already in hell s paradise you can see some problems in these 3 episodes
Apr 22, 2023 1:24 PM

Jul 2021
Leon888 said:
JaniSIr said:
It's a MAPPA anime, they only made 1 anime that actually looks good, and that was Idaten.
chainsaw man, jujutsu kaisen and vinland saga season 2 are also valid
Well, the SOL scenes were pretty good in CSM, but it also had the worst action I have ever witnessed, and I've seen narrated manga panels sold as an action scene.
Apr 22, 2023 1:25 PM
Dec 2017
Rischie said:
I thought the animation has been awesome this season. Strange that people are saying otherwise.

Owell!
i found the animation very average, nothing fantastic so far
Apr 22, 2023 1:26 PM
Dec 2017
easymomo123 said:
Leon888 said:
I don't want to say that the show is bad, but the technical map sector is rather disappointing, the animations are somewhat fluctuating and the battles seem so stiff, I honestly don't understand why they didn't put more effort into this anime, it reminds me a bit the treatment that "dororo" got. What do you think about it ?

Technical map sector? What are u on abt?
technical sector I was talking about
Apr 22, 2023 1:26 PM
Dec 2017
Merve2Love said:
The mental gymnastics necessary to actually compare the Dororo Budget with a prime MAPPA adaptation.

I don't understand what you mean
Apr 22, 2023 1:28 PM
Dec 2017
Lunatic-tic-boom said:
zSlayPaladin said:

you tell him, try to watch the first 3 episodes 😂
Apr 22, 2023 1:28 PM
Dec 2017
Sanjii_1234 said:
This ain't demon slayer
what does demon slayer have to do with it?
Apr 22, 2023 1:30 PM
Dec 2017
aka_mini96 said:
Dororo was awesome, not all anime will be animated in the same crisp/new gen art style. Its important to adapt the art style to the anime and Mappa does a great job.
in short, Mappa has been able to disappoint several times if and for this
Apr 22, 2023 2:29 PM

Dec 2019
Well yeah, the animation is inconsistent. It's been known from before Jigokuraku started airing that the show's production was a mess.
Apr 22, 2023 2:51 PM

Jul 2021
i change my answer. 
yeah the animation is trash . my thoughts were changed on this recent episode.
the people saying here that teh animation are good are either forcing themselve sto watch as they liked the manga too much or maybe they have different taste
Apr 22, 2023 2:53 PM
Apr 2020
The quality is degrading every episode.....only backgrounds are consistent . As for the characters and the frames during fights oh boy it's a mess
Apr 22, 2023 3:12 PM
Dec 2022
Leon888 said:
Lunatic-tic-boom said:

you tell him, try to watch the first 3 episodes 😂

I was hooked immediately. It’s not even a long one. There’s no several seasons. You’d have thought I asked them to watch Naruto or One Peice.
Apr 22, 2023 3:58 PM
May 2021
Leon888 said:
aka_mini96 said:
in short, Mappa has been able to disappoint several times if and for this

what ever floats your boat lol if you dont enjoy something, dont watch it xD
Apr 22, 2023 9:00 PM
Feb 2022
Leon888 said:
Sanjii_1234 said:
This ain't demon slayer
what does demon slayer have to do with it?
it's prime example for how animation can carry a show so hard which has bland characters, bad plot and very poor Power system.
Apr 23, 2023 6:01 AM

Apr 2021
Leon888 said:
ejleon said:

So you named two anime, Jujutsu Kaisen & Chainsaw Man, that are all about the action scenes rather than the story, hence why their animation team focused on the action scenes more, which also demonstrates that you do not understand that this anime is not like those other two, because, like I just said, this anime is focusing on the story, not the action scenes, hence why the animation team is not so focused on the action, and their main focus is to present the story.

chainsaw man which is all about action scenes, wtf ? cms and also story if you go to recover the manga, ditto Hell s paradise and also action scenes if you read the manga, not just story. And then what would it have to do with it even if it was just history? this justifies you from not engaging in action scenes 🤣. congratulations you have shown that you don't know how to evaluate anime 👏

Asinine airhead … you are
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 23, 2023 10:35 PM

Apr 2021
Leon888 said:
ejleon said:

Come on dude, chainsaw man is not about the story as much as action

Apr 23, 2023 11:48 PM

Jan 2021
After the 4th episode its even more clear....Its just characters talking in front of a background, even thier lips barely moves...fight sequences are watchable but its Nowhere near smooth and styled as Thorgill's fight Vinland's episode 12...Producers cost cutted a lot...

Well  some weebs still will praise becuase mediocrity has became normal and background still pics looked pretty, they just want contents rather than quality. Over positivity and fan boism harms industry, shame.

I don't wanna say anymore becuase even valid critism would be called spreading hatred.
TaifSuxApr 23, 2023 11:58 PM
Apr 24, 2023 9:52 AM
Dec 2017
KayY_Y said:
Well yeah, the animation is inconsistent. It's been known from before Jigokuraku started airing that the show's production was a mess.
this disappoints me a lot sincerely, I was hoping they would do better
Apr 24, 2023 9:53 AM
Dec 2017
R0NIT4RD said:
i change my answer. 
yeah the animation is trash . my thoughts were changed on this recent episode.
the people saying here that teh animation are good are either forcing themselve sto watch as they liked the manga too much or maybe they have different taste
I'm sorry that the anime is disappointing you
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

202 by Tsinelas »»
Jun 13, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

198 by xjxlii »»
Jun 12, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2023

243 by Lennygc »»
Jun 10, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2023

325 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 10, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

335 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 9, 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.