Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 26, 2022 5:49 AM
Apr 2017
R4diance said:
why he always says i want to be jitsusomethig shadow, which is the name of the anime eminence in shadow, which is spoken like it has some meaning and not just gibberish
or is it like the same category as i want to be president or astronaut

Yeah an eminence in shadow is: someone who isn't the hero or the final boss. They work from the shadows mysteriously.

If you're still confused read page 1 of the manga and you will understand.
Oct 26, 2022 8:49 AM
Oct 2022
meh just ok :)))))
Oct 26, 2022 10:03 AM

Dec 2012
Hahahahaha that coin scene I can't fucking breathe

Oct 26, 2022 2:37 PM
Oct 2022
Komedinua dapat 5♥️
Oct 27, 2022 2:53 AM
Oct 2022
nice i love this show
Oct 27, 2022 8:00 AM
Dec 2018
Esta épico, estou ansioso pelo desenvolvimento do casal.
A menina foi sequestrada, o protagonista esta com seus planos e esta dando uma boa comedia com muita ação, espero romance.
Oct 28, 2022 2:28 AM
Oct 2022
very good i guess but i wish it follows the manga instead of the light novels
Oct 29, 2022 5:15 PM

Sep 2015
I feel like contents had been skipped over from the previous episode, overall an okay episode.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 30, 2022 1:26 PM
Sep 2019
Every episode has its purpose this one is the quiet one before the storm.
Oct 31, 2022 6:10 AM
Jun 2015
fraco esperava mais,.

Oct 31, 2022 9:10 PM
May 2022
Me gustó que sea tan bueno actuando como personaje de fondo.
Nov 1, 2022 12:18 PM
Jan 2021
BRO THIS SHIT FUNNY AF YO
Nov 2, 2022 11:13 AM
May 2020
the perfect npc life aint looking so perfect
Nov 3, 2022 3:12 AM
Nov 2019
Triggerfish124 said:
Blue_Reaper7 said:

He hasn't done anything? Did you even pay attention to last 2 episodes ?

I did, he has done nothing.

He literally learn several martial arts and fighting styles. Going around beating gangs and kidnappers.Slamming his head into the tree like a psycho just so that he can obtain "magic".
Nov 3, 2022 8:38 AM
Nov 2021
Blue_Reaper7 said:
Triggerfish124 said:

I did, he has done nothing.

He literally learn several martial arts and fighting styles. Going around beating gangs and kidnappers.Slamming his head into the tree like a psycho just so that he can obtain "magic".

That last part is lunacy. And just knowing martial art skills doesn't mean anything when it comes to creating an organization to control things from the shadows.
Nov 3, 2022 10:18 AM
Nov 2019
Triggerfish124 said:
Blue_Reaper7 said:

That last part is lunacy. And just knowing martial art skills doesn't mean anything when it comes to creating an organization to control things from the shadows.

That's literally the point here. The fact that he is taking this whole "eminence in shadow" and "mob" character seriously to the point is straight up lunacy. He literally spent entire night to just to do a cringy confession. Shadow garden is separate thing as it was Aplha's idea and he just name it and acting as leader cause he believe girls want to be nice to him so they are going along with his make believe, so he also want to be nice and play along.
Nov 3, 2022 1:05 PM
Nov 2021
Blue_Reaper7 said:
Triggerfish124 said:

That's literally the point here. The fact that he is taking this whole "eminence in shadow" and "mob" character seriously to the point is straight up lunacy. He literally spent entire night to just to do a cringy confession. Shadow garden is separate thing as it was Aplha's idea and he just name it and acting as leader cause he believe girls want to be nice to him so they are going along with his make believe, so he also want to be nice and play along.

So in other words there is literally nothing wrong with my opinion of him because thats what I've been saying, I simply hate the character and you disagree with that. this is anime which strives to accomplish the impossible, great examples being Code Geass, Terror in Resonance, and Death Note, but in this one they just decided to make him an idiot and everything just falls in his lap.
Nov 7, 2022 5:31 AM
Jul 2021
This is one of the best isekai genre anime ever. The story presented is different from most other isekai anime genres. More focused on the MC who is looking for the power to conquer the atomic bomb. Emphasizing on the development of the organization he created with his subordinates, Shadow Garden.
Nov 9, 2022 5:47 AM
Nov 2019
Triggerfish124 said:
Blue_Reaper7 said:

So in other words there is literally nothing wrong with my opinion of him because thats what I've been saying, I simply hate the character and you disagree with that. this is anime which strives to accomplish the impossible, great examples being Code Geass, Terror in Resonance, and Death Note, but in this one they just decided to make him an idiot and everything just falls in his lap.

Except he work hard for his role as "mob" character and "eminence as shadow". He is not idiot he i like dillusional and maniac. And yes there are things that fall for me and that's create comedy.
Nov 9, 2022 7:04 AM
Feb 2021
épisode plus tôt pas mal j'adore le nouveau personnage qu'on nous introduit Alexia j'ai juste un petit probléme avec le faite que le personnage principale se fasse autant marcher dessus
Aot GIFs | Tenor

Nov 11, 2022 4:19 PM
Jan 2022
Anime nya bagus bgt parah, gak bakal bikin gw bosen
Nov 12, 2022 10:51 AM
Apr 2013
They remove the gags and dont even explain mcs mob techniques... I've read the manga and I dont understand why they would remove all the best parts of the story. Really hard to watch
Nov 12, 2022 10:52 AM
Apr 2013
They remove the gags and dont even explain mcs mob techniques... I've read the manga and I dont understand why they would remove all the best parts of the story. Really hard to watch
Nov 13, 2022 6:58 AM
Jun 2021
This is good , but i dont love it like other animes
Nov 13, 2022 7:35 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like Cid is in a huge mess... Alexia is kind of an interesting character. Not that great but bearable.
Nov 17, 2022 3:43 AM
Jul 2017
Cid. 15 years old. The way he accepts the way he died, he seems to be a true chuunibyo. A pure chuunibyo.
He travels to Midgar kingdom, where he will attend Midgar Magic Swordsmen School. Oh, seven months in his school life... He has to confess to the school idol and princess, Alexia Midgar.
lol that confession, gold.
He purposely tries to get dumped by her in order to lead his life as a mob character, but unexpectedly she accepts, and his plans are ruined.
He tries his best to get dumped by eating her lunch, but again fails...
Immediately, he is tested on his sword skills and spars with Alexia.
bruh, he bit that coin so fast.
Cid and Alexia don't get along at all and eventually they break up. Cid tells her that he likes her sword and she says farewell.
They next morning he is confronted by the teachers. He is told that the princess hasn't come home after they parted ways.
Nov 17, 2022 5:34 PM
Jun 2021
Good Animation and Great Story
Nov 29, 2022 5:13 PM

May 2015
Oh my god! This is where my meme reaction image I've been using comes from???!!!! Hahaha!!

Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 29, 2022 5:43 PM

May 2015
I love how extra this guy is. Man literally spends his money on expensive items just to make what he would think is a cool scene lmao.

Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 8, 2022 1:20 AM

Nov 2013
Finally! Finally I felt some comedy-vibes from this show. Good, next.
Dec 22, 2022 11:48 PM
Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
Poor Cid. Even his school life can't be normal because Alexia just happens to interfere with it. Like seriously though, Cid just manages to strike a strange relationship with her just like that.

Gotta say though, Alexia really made an impression for herself to stand out among the crowd. Everyone's eyes were on her. I think out of any character introduced, she stood out the m
LostSpectre said:
He's proud about it because he believes he discovered a magic portal that reincarnated him, when in reality he got hit by a truck...
And this is where I feel really sorry for the Truck driver, to have his life ruined cause a random kid, suffering from his episodes of mania, got hit by his truck. This is why I never wanted to be a truck driver in real life, especially in Japan, if the accident rate is high. Anyway in Fate/Grand order terms, protagonist  has an EX rank mad enhancement  while also being Don Quijote in the past life. 

I do like the smile of the princess, basically a Blend S vibe taste.
Dec 25, 2022 12:34 AM
Oct 2022
I like how MC being chuni
Jan 1, 2023 8:04 AM

Sep 2018
chombok said:

The manga is there as reference material for anyone who doesn't get what's happening. Personally I think there's such a thing as over-explanation. 
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 2, 2023 5:10 PM
Dec 2022
good..... but not quite as good as the first 2 episodes........
Jan 6, 2023 7:13 PM
Dec 2022
This episode showed of the main characters powers
Jan 9, 2023 2:43 PM
Nov 2019
Ehh, no action, no plot development. Just feels like a retelling of the stuff that happened before. MC chills with Girl, Girl gets Kidnapped.
Jan 9, 2023 6:21 PM
Oct 2018
I don't understand this show yet haha and nothing makes any sense. But I'm ready to continue the wild ride.
Jan 9, 2023 9:53 PM
Aug 2019
interesting twist.
Jan 12, 2023 5:23 AM
Jul 2022
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeê!
Jan 12, 2023 8:37 PM
Oct 2019
this episode felt like a totally different show than the first 2 episodes

and in a good way, because this episode was better than the first 2. (well, the first episode was also pretty good until that garbage ending.)
Jan 13, 2023 1:23 PM
Jun 2019
Fido is giving Denji a run for his money, lol. Also, #Truck-Kun Did Nothing Wrong.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jan 13, 2023 4:04 PM

Dec 2013
The MC has been upgraded from random background character A to a money hungry puppy!

Of course she got kidnapped. It's probably going to be identical to what to his sister.
Feb 1, 2023 8:24 AM
Feb 2023
Awesome episode like always
Feb 9, 2023 1:08 AM

Jan 2017
This ep felt really different from the first 2, in a not-good matter of fact. Probably a bit too sudden to have a 2 year timeskip after his group got disbanded
Feb 10, 2023 10:36 AM
Oct 2016
Trash title ever in the world.
Feb 11, 2023 8:14 AM
Nov 2022
Great episode to watch
Feb 17, 2023 6:17 AM

Sep 2018
FragmantLemon said:
This ep felt really different from the first 2, in a not-good matter of fact. Probably a bit too sudden to have a 2 year timeskip after his group got disbanded

It was just a prelude, the main story is about a young adult not a child, he just happened to have to redo childhood.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Feb 25, 2023 12:39 AM

May 2020
I was wondering how he died; but damn, he was just stupid and jumped into the road. Exactly background character like confession has gone wrong. Rom com protagonist route 🤣🤣🤣. What The Hell! She just made him into a dog and he was so obedient because he lacked money. 
Mar 2, 2023 11:10 PM

Nov 2017
No idea what's going on with the plot in this show but it's hecka' confusing. Now he's a student? Why? He's just simming in a new place? What the...
Mar 3, 2023 12:04 AM
Jan 2021
I didn't like episodes 1 and 2...heres what happens:

ep1:famous cute schoolgirl idol pretty princess is angry at edgy MC cuz "how can he not know my name!?" "why doesn't he notice me!?" and then, the very same day, she is kidnapped by bad guys, thankfully our super cool edgy MC is actually a vigilante that beats up bad guys cuz it's his dream to become a hero, and he saves the girl, very cool.

ep2:edgy MC gets hit by a truck and is reincarnated as a lvl 100 mob boss super cool lord of the shadows that also has a personal army of all lvl 100 cute girl assassins in a world where everyone else is a trash lvl5 NPC. Ok, that escalated quickly...LOL. and how did he get all this power? because he was a martial arts pro in his previous life so that makes him also a pro at magic of course, makes perfect sense. (it doesn't make sense actually) 

*we go back in time*
we see MC as a baby, he is born with magical powers, none are explained to us of course, we just have to know that he's super strong and cool.

*time skip again*
MC is about 10 years old now, he pretends that he is weak, but actually... he's super strong and cool. he kills bad guys at night using some kind of magic (never explained)
he finds a monster-looking creature and decides to use it to train his powers by "shooting it up with magic", and suddenly one day the blob turned into a cute girl because he dispelled the curse that turned the girl into a weird monster by accident. he explains to the girl that he is the lord of shadows and is trying to fight an evil cult that gave her the curse!(he made it up) the girl believes him and starts to work for him to gather more cute girls to fight the evil cult.

*time skip again*
MC's sister is kidnapped! MC and his by-now group of 7 OP assassin girls finds the bad guys in 2 seconds and says "we know you work for the evil cult!"
bad guy is shocked "how did you know!?" (turns out the story MC made up was actually true.) so they kill all the bad guys and the day is saved. very cool.
*PS: bad guy drops picture of him and his daughter, MC picks it up and goes "hmm". so we know the daughter is gonna fall in love with our super cool MC and join their group is my guess by how the story is going.*

and now starting at episode 3, the assassin group disbands looking for more clues about the cult and our MC goes to high school. and to my surprise...
this episode isn't cringe, wow, I did not see that coming, the story is finally getting interesting and the comedy is not bad as well. overall id say its a pretty damn entertaining episode. and the ending...another kidnapping?? really??
at this point its actually starting to become funny. Is this show actually a comedy?

Thoughts so far: episode 3 really turned it around, when I see it as a comedy show, it's actually alright. I look forward to the next one.
JxeioMar 3, 2023 1:14 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

186 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

765 by BlaiseAuto »»
Sep 4, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

149 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

193 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2022

165 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 2:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.