Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 27, 2022 6:45 PM

Dec 2010
I've felt that Filo wasn't getting enough screen time considering she's kind of the best. Kizuna seems so cool, and I like how she feels more like a hero than all the other heroes and allies to heroes. Every moment with Kizuna is super enjoyable so can't wait to see her more.

I've also felt like the opening this season lacked intensity, like it needed to be louder at certain points, filled with more passion. However it's had time to grow on me so when it played during that last attack it felt good. Maybe it could have been better but honestly I liked it finally.

Kyo being some loser from another world but also the green haired ladies childhood friend doesn't make any sense. That's dumb, and I read in this thread that Rishia didn't become the projectile hero, which Idk if that's supposed to have already happened or not but that's something I want to see and really hope they haven't cut that entirely.

I really want to see Melty return as a more permanent party member.

Also minor thing but there is a certain mobile game with shield hero cross overs in it. I know it's not exactly connected to the anime, but the "Finale" of this current season feels like the right place for me to complain a little about it. So in the cross over we originally had the 4 Naofumi, Raphtalia, Filo and Melty. They added an extra 1, perfect opportunity for Rishia, but instead it was Fitoria. Yet Fitoria was nearly as big of a character as Rishia in this season. Hopefully her absence in a low effort game and her lack of projectile vassal weapon aren't a sign of what her role in the anime is going to be.

Got ahead of myself and posted early forgetting the 1 other thing I wanted to mention. Through out the season and especially in this episode the language at least in in the English dub has been pretty shocking. Words that never get used in anime are being used a lot.

Like Kyo's insult for Naofumi that he keeps saying, or even the stuff Naofumi said to Rishia when under the influence of a douchey dragon. It's so different from what you'd expect in anime. I think it's probably a positive that the language is different like this.
MariaKnightJul 27, 2022 6:50 PM
Aug 8, 2022 9:23 PM

Mar 2019
No :( my tears ..., what a nice way to complete a mission in a another world.
Aug 13, 2022 9:37 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
oh Ost Hourai back to cheers him only to gone again. Kizuna, i feel your cri, wishing for you to meet Naofumi-sama again in the next unknown future.

Kyo isn't so bad honestly. He's just getting a bad fate here. Became a typical villain, classic. Not to become the handsome blonde kid with mage attribute and molested thought, but he's still the mc, or a slime. Miss his foul-mouthed lines already whenever he swearing everyone lmao. Naofumi-sama, finally back to his edginess, but it's not enough. Feeling rushed, atrocious pacing, though so glad they did that, because no matter what, second season isn't really the best story they can get.

Kinema Citrus now focusing on Mia, forget the atrocity called shield hero s2 here. Still not available to watch it,yet. So I'm wishing all the best for them there.

As for this, it's OK. Kizuna, best girl for this season, love her. But Raph nude, still the best part among all part. Alright, excuse me, to check some code behind.....

xd
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 20, 2022 4:33 AM
Apr 2019
so disappointing
Aug 22, 2022 9:31 PM

Aug 2019
Yeh personally that was probably my least favourite episode. A lot of points i didn't agree with and a lot of points was i also considering just closing my tab and watching youtube instead.

I genuinely felt second hand embarrassment watching Naofumi have a literal aneurism as he activated his wrath shield, with all those cool flashy visuals just for Rishia to come in and then have him rip into her, before talking to his dragon friend and second guessing himself and just standing there like a lemon. All this build up of once again seeing the dragon shield again in action, he just had to point it in Kyo's direction as Kyo's ego inflates and he thinks he can still win, burn him to a crisp and now Naofumi has another side goal to master. Instead we get Rishia, who i think i now dislike even more, jump in the way and have Naofumi shout about 90% of what i think of her character, before i watch probably one of the most baffling scenes ever.

Seriously, what is the point of the dragon shield and wrath shield anymore? The way i see it, its literally symbolism of all the shit Naofumi had to go through in s1 (or s1 as a whole), all the non-hero deeds and acts he did to clear his name and also survive but also a past he can't forget. Yet they're treating it like its a quick plot point in s2 for the tortoise shield. I mean Naofumi worked tooth and nail while being punched down on constantly and the dragon shield shows that, yet in 30 seconds it goes in exchange for a shield he got from a dying God tortoise spirt under the circumstances of "they were out smarted in a fight even though Rishia had plot Armor to solo Kyo and Ost just decided to give it to him". which is personally holds significantly less value then the dragon/wrath shield.
You're really telling me there was no other way of showing change in Naofumi, that he isn't the same person in s1 and won't let his rage overtake him? I'm no author or studio, but idk i feel like for starters a good way of showing this would be have him fucking control it first instead of replacing it?

I think this episode confirms it for me that, i just genuinely felt like i was watching another generic isekai anime. Like it felt like a different anime, i could skip s1, watch this season and probably of got the gist of it without more context. Nothing about this season rlly felt unique like s1, Naofumi isn't this underdog anymore which ok fair to the plot he worked to clear his name but everything else felt so generic. To further this of course Kyo, the antag, gets the most generic ending of getting blasted as his ego got the better of him, screaming "when will you learn your actions have consequences" or something along the lines of that.
I guess this is the most practical definition of what happens when you take the word "revenge" out of a "revenge isekai anime" and being left with "isekai anime"
Code0018Aug 22, 2022 9:42 PM
Aug 31, 2022 1:13 AM
Jun 2015
Is it just me, or beam of friendship as ultimate move seems really out of place for SHIELD hero..? I understand that show tried to clean MC after he finished his quest for revenge in season one, and make sure he's motivated by support of the crew, rather than hatered. But wouldn't it make much more sense if the replacement for "flame of rage" would be something focused on defece or/and buffs for allies to facilitate the shift. That would also allowed rest of a cast to shine their attack moves instead of being forced to cheer on the side essentially making all of their claims about wishing to become his main striking power completely useless, since MC still has the most powerful attack which doens't even come with gravely drawback anymore.
Sep 2, 2022 6:45 AM

Jan 2014
"bold of you to assume a mere vassal weapon user could kill the cardinal weapon user".
that's what I think for the entire series because I think Cardinal weapon are the top tier among all kind of weapon types with vassal weapon is the 2nd tier after cardinal.
seeing Kyo really irritates me, a mere book user think he could out perform shield heroes.

and we finally get to see the other 3 heroes (bow, spear, sword), I wish they should just die though, I don't like them.
Sep 4, 2022 10:25 AM
Jan 2017
muito foda mas isso de não usar o poder do fogo é meio broxa
Sep 5, 2022 12:33 AM
Dec 2021
I really liked the second season of The Rising of the Shiel Hero, i thought that the first season was better but this was good too
Sep 10, 2022 1:53 PM
Jan 2021
Shield Hero is cool
Sep 15, 2022 9:52 PM
Sep 2022
just....wow....
Sep 27, 2022 3:13 AM

Jul 2019
Ugh, what an awkward finale. The pacing was really weird and the fight lacked any of the strategy that we got used to from S1. I mean what was Kyo's plan? To face all heroes and their allies alone?

The ending was comfy and would like to feel nostalgic about what happened but the quality was just not there. I really hope the last episode alast answers some of the many questions brought up this season.
Sep 29, 2022 5:40 AM
Jun 2022
Its good but it could be better
Oct 9, 2022 2:29 AM
Aug 2019
Episode 12 not great not terrible .
Oct 26, 2022 1:18 AM

May 2021
I know this is not the last episode as I saw episode 13 is next in the episode list. But since I always watch an episode until the end to make sure I did not miss anything, they sure mislead us in this one. I had to see the episode list again and confirm that there is actually episode 13 next! Ep 12 is a freaking last episode sceneeeeeee

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Nov 26, 2022 5:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Mission COmplete!!!

Ost saves him!!!kekeke
Dec 3, 2022 1:49 PM
Nov 2018
I liked the 1st season but this was so average...
Jan 17, 2023 5:22 PM
Jan 2017
Hack job. Not wasting more words on it than this, because it'd be putting in more effort than they did.
Jan 26, 2023 12:27 PM

Jul 2008
Kyo wasn't as bad as Princess B*tch but he was truly a piece of crap. I am glad he is dead.
Feb 1, 2023 6:18 AM
Nov 2018
I rewatched Season 1 before watching season 2. Season 1 was way better than season 2, but I did enjoyed watching Season 2. My biggest issue was the pacing. I don't know why it was rushed. I am surprised to see the rating so low. I prefer to watch anime only, but I will read the manga to see what the anime did not show. 
Mar 2, 2023 4:24 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Bro really said all of that.
Mar 21, 2023 1:23 AM
Apr 2019
He should have not moved lol
Apr 23, 2023 6:14 PM

Mar 2014
So Kyo was basically Rudeus from Jobless Reincarnation but with a more twisted personality, huh. At least he's dead now so no more stupid girls will fall for his lies.
May 21, 2023 8:21 AM
Apr 2023
Soooooooo bad and soooooo boring
Jun 22, 2023 8:32 AM

Apr 2013
Well at least I don't have to see Therese's face again in the last episode... I hope. Not even sure what the last episode will be about.
Jul 13, 2023 6:33 PM
Jan 2023
This really felt like it should be the last episode of the season, but it isn't, there's still one more.
It was a great episode and the whole thing with Ost stopping Naofumi using the rage shield and then winning using the spirit turtle shield was rather fun to watch.
That information at the end about the waves will probably be good to keep in mind for later, probably next season. Whenever waves start in one of the worlds, it starts in both.
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM
Oct 2021
kyo died in a stupid ass way but it was fine
Aug 25, 2023 2:42 AM

Dec 2022
The wrath shield (which I think has the zombie dragon soul in it) ranting about Rishia being a slut was hilarious. It's as if it were echoing half the posts here about her throughout the season. I thought Rishia was an okay character myself, but she's definitely controversial. Poor girl.

Shaded Horizon

Aug 25, 2023 7:03 PM
May 2020
thank god he put rishia in her place
Aug 26, 2023 1:45 PM

Feb 2022
Good grief that villain was annoying to the last, assuming that was the end of him.
Oct 13, 2023 5:25 AM
Dec 2022
Kyo looks like a mad scientist with his world domination scheme. But one with powerful book vassal weapon.

Shield Hero will need all its skills to bring Kyo down. But his party is now well equipped and leveled up. Shield Hero does not need to rely on Wrath mode to destroy but use Spirit Tortoise mode instead.
Oct 24, 2023 12:42 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to Yaggamy
The studio adapted a whole LN volume in just 2 episodes!
The whole season was a rush fest. Season 1 adapted 61 pages per episode from LNs on average, season 2 adapted 106 pages per episode.
The sad thing is that this was one of the best arcs the series has to offer, and they totally ruined it!!!
Also the next episode is a recap...
This season sucks so hard it's not even in the top 20 watched shows in Japan right now. Even they hate it!
@Yaggamy I agree with you, but pure butcher was already expected when we could see Kizuna in the OP, and this season would be 12-13 episodes.
The low budget is not even the problem, but just how much they skip, there are whole significant fights with the turtle for volume 7, and so much in this latest arc was skipped too (a lot of volume 9).

Honestly, I don't find the turtle a weak arc, the fights are EPIC in the anime and it all builds to the reveal of Kyo, which is the first BIG villain in the series IMO, and is carried to volume 9, so finally we get a human treat, a psycho that feels intimidating enough and raises the stakes, sure he has some dump lines, but the chemistry between him and Naofumi is good.

I had forgotten a lot for these volumes due to having read them awhile ago, the anime makes me recall some of these scenes again, and realize all the more what is missing here, due to the extreme pacing.
Episode 12 started out well, it is setting Kyo quite well, he was also front earth, but his path to this point is so different from Naofumi and this was great to build his weight as Naofumi's foe and rival, since they do share from the same origin but their paths grown deeply twists in opposite directions... dunno if I m making a good job on explaining myself, but Kyo had a lot of potential to up the stakes on season 2.

What we needed was at least 24 episodes! I would love better budget, and a much better usaged of the phenomenal OST, but they should at least have keep the pacing of season 1, not this shit.
Kyo's fight in this episode was over soo quick, Kizuna never even got to the see the asshole, which she does in the LN (I might check the manga to see all these cut scenes), and they were playing on Gemini's track from S2, but then stopped before reaching the best part and instead used the OPs theme, I felt disconnected, it just looked ridiculous...

The point for S2 to overcame S1 was there, outside S1's slave arc, there is a lot going on S2 to develop the world further, SHAME.
Dec 6, 2023 12:41 PM
Oct 2023
it was kinda cool but then the animation and the erm.... i dont kinda know how to explain ...it was like boring?
Dec 28, 2023 10:03 AM
Jan 2016
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
May 21, 9:14 AM

Dec 2022
This rlly feels like the final episode but I'm curious what's the final episode for this season is gonna be.

Jun 16, 6:19 PM

Mar 2013
Epic episode in its own way.
The conclusion of killing Kyo was also epic.
The animation was so freaking smooth! (Blu-ray animation)

Rishia was also gallantly lovely as well! (The thing about Naofumi blurting out his honest feelings about her main goal just to get into the Bow hero's pants were definitely uncouth, but it's definitely what it is, since it's more or less what it is.)

Naofumi x Kizuna 😭😭😭 (I definitely ship them more now, because of Kizuna's sad face)

If someone actually thought of this series after season one as "it becomes another isekai generic series", they could never be more wrong. Tasteless fans go brrr.

P.S. The score 6.5 was because of the lack of animation frames when it aired, don't base on that, as it's a solid series nonetheless.

P.S. #2 when will the other three stooges (quoted from Naofumi) ever be useful on their own party like the shield hero? 😤

P.S. #3 Did I just see Bow Hero smiling at Rishia when she bowed to him? Seriously? WTF HAPPENED??!!
Did the three of the other heroes finally grew up for the better when Naofumi wasn't there to solo the waves?!
I'm definitely curious.
CrazyButNot4UJun 16, 6:35 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 7, 11:21 AM

Aug 2016
As somebody who didn't read the novel I mean it was okay, certainly better than turtle arc, still feeled rush and skipped over and certainly lower quality. I guess that's how people who have no idea about tolkien watch Rings of Power.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2022

119 by Fabrizio00 »»
Sep 20, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2022

237 by Martin_Taylor »»
Sep 7, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2022

168 by Martin_Taylor »»
Sep 6, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2022

152 by Martin_Taylor »»
Sep 5, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

177 by MagiaMalegna »»
Sep 4, 8:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.