Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 28, 2016 4:07 PM

Jan 2013
"Where is your gospel"
"I used it as a coaster, but threw it out since I ruined it."

Aug 28, 2016 4:07 PM

May 2010
Someone just spoil me, I am not waiting anymore
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 28, 2016 4:08 PM

Sep 2012
RAM WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE NOOOO
Aug 28, 2016 4:12 PM

Mar 2016
Pretty good episode.

I wasn't expecting Betelgeuse & co. to go down that easily, so that was surprising lol (though they probably haven't truly gone down yet).

I must say, my respect for Subaru went up quite a bit this episode. I was expecting to him to revert back to being a little bitch towards Julius. But he acted fairly mature all things considered. Julius was very mature as well. Props to them.

That cliffhanger with Ram wearing similar clothes to Emilia tho. I'm hyped to see what happens next. Just hope Rem doesn't show up, I'm so tired of her.

Theory, maybe why the others disappeared is because they are not allowed through the barrier Puck set up?
GlitchytronicsAug 28, 2016 4:31 PM
Aug 28, 2016 4:18 PM

Aug 2016
Red_Suicide said:
so that ending made no sense

seemed like the witchs cult they ran into so far was too easy

I think it was because they kinda surprised them, though like 8 (random) people still died, which kinda sucks.
andyplsAug 29, 2016 7:05 PM
Aug 28, 2016 4:23 PM

Aug 2015
Only 3 episodes left, so what is up with all the plot twist. Ram is sloth?
Or am I just high right now well anyway since the "Archbishop" died easily,
I expected some surprises and so there you are. Lucky for Subaru for taking that gospel book with him though. Main question is that Subaru is pride or nah?
Aug 28, 2016 4:28 PM

Jul 2016
Glitchytronics said:
Pretty good episode.

I wasn't expecting Beetle Juice & co. to go down that easily, so that was surprising lol (though they probably haven't truly gone down yet).

I must say, my respect for Subaru went up quite a bit this episode. I was expecting to him to revert back to being a little bitch towards Julius. But he acted fairly mature all things considered. Julius was very mature as well. Props to them.

That cliffhanger with Ram wearing similar clothes to Emilia tho. I'm hyped to see what happens next. Just hope Rem doesn't show up, I've gotten so tired of her.

Theory, maybe why the others disappeared is because they are not allowed through the barrier Puck set up?

It does indeed seem to be connected to the barrier. Since Emilia's rare screentime was to point out that the barrier was relevant again. I personally think Ram has some business with Subaru which she isn't too happy about. Only reason I have for that is the fact that Ram is hiding her face under the hood. If she was trying to make a point about not letting the others in, she would be her normal self. She'd be like ''BARASU what are you thinking? Explain.

Ram is a very straightforward and far from shy character. The fact that she's hiding her face has some sinister or ominous implications.
Aug 28, 2016 4:31 PM

Jan 2014
So I guess Ram appearing means that they think that subaru has betrayed them?
Aug 28, 2016 4:33 PM

Jan 2016
Betelgeuse dead?

Dropped
Aug 28, 2016 4:37 PM

Apr 2016
So what's the deal with Ram?
Aug 28, 2016 4:40 PM

Mar 2010
Asakura_Ryoko said:

You will find out next week. ;)
Aug 28, 2016 4:43 PM

Aug 2015
Jagd84 said:
Asakura_Ryoko said:

Next week will be blank.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Aug 28, 2016 4:45 PM

Jul 2016
Tony_SansNom said:
Jagd84 said:

Next week will be blank.

Cause we will have all fainted at the end because of the awesome, that the next episode will bring?
Aug 28, 2016 4:46 PM

Jul 2016
No Rem in this week's episode 1/5 :(

Nov 2015
Omg Petelgeuse died! Rip. RAM AT THE END OMG CLIFFHANGER

Nov 2013
Another great episode. I was kinda worried they were gonna rush it, but I guess they handled the adaptation quite fine. This episode was just a set up, the real deal comes next week, can't wait.
Aug 28, 2016 4:49 PM

Aug 2015
Verifax said:
Tony_SansNom said:

Next week will be blank.

Cause we will have all fainted at the end because of the awesome, that the next episode will bring?

I don't know about that... ahahahah.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Aug 28, 2016 4:51 PM

Jan 2015
WTF with Ram.

I'm kinda sad that Betelgeuse is dead because I liked him (?) I mean, it's good that he's dead but I always thought that he had a funny personality in his own craziness...

I liked this episode, a transitory one but with good action. Furthermore Wilhelm is super cool, that perfect way to kill the enemy *-*
Aug 28, 2016 4:52 PM

Jul 2016
Heitokun said:
Another great episode. I was kinda worried they were gonna rush it, but I guess they handled the adaptation quite fine. This episode was just a set up, the real deal comes next week, can't wait.

Was there ever an episode thus far, where you would've liked to see the adaptation of the source handled differently? (I'm not an LN reader btw, just curious). I personally think they aren't cutting any corners which common sense can't fill.
Aug 28, 2016 4:54 PM

Jul 2016
Tony_SansNom said:
Verifax said:

I don't know about that... ahahahah.

Your sentence made my mind go blank for a second, because I thought for a second that there wouldn't be an episode next week :). Your other reaction, well I can see that something like episode 18 is gonna happen :D
Aug 28, 2016 5:02 PM

Nov 2015
Rem is overrated.
Aug 28, 2016 5:03 PM

May 2015
What the fuck was the point of Betelguese? He was hyped up to be this super fucking insane crazy bastard and then all he accomplishes is killing a few randies, then he gets killed in 1 second by Wilheim twice.

This new episode was mostly build-up to the next. Other then fucking Betelguese being pointless, not much to even give a shit about in this episode.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Aug 28, 2016 5:04 PM

Jul 2016
"Only" a nice episode, but very good Subaru.
I'm sad about bad drawings. I hope they'll become better in the next episode.
Aug 28, 2016 5:04 PM

Nov 2013
Verifax said:
Heitokun said:

Was there ever an episode thus far, where you would've liked to see the adaptation of the source handled differently? (I'm not an LN reader btw, just curious). I personally think they aren't cutting any corners which common sense can't fill.

You're pretty much right, they're really not hurting the character development or the plot in any big way, actually i think this is one of the most faithful adaptations from a LN/WB that i've seen and I'm really happy about that. Concerning you question, there's just little things I wanted to see, for example in ep. 20..

For the most part it's just little details here and there that don't affect the story AT ALL, so it's just me being an idiot lol, I really love Re:zero so I don't let that bother me. I just hope they end the season with what I expect to be the master of cliffhangers, because what happens next will really change Subaru for the rest of the story.
Aug 28, 2016 5:09 PM

Jul 2016
RainyRai said:
What the fuck was the point of Betelguese? He was hyped up to be this super fucking insane crazy bastard and then all he accomplishes is killing a few randies, then he gets killed in 1 second by Wilheim twice.

This new episode was mostly build-up to the next. Other then fucking Betelguese being pointless, not much to even give a shit about in this episode.

Well. what can we say? Time hax OP. The fact they knew that he had ''unseen hands'' is already a lot of information, and information is critical in combat because it allows for counters. I'd say the fact the show went for this anticlimax only reinforces it's setting. There's still a lot of fingers left to cause some chaos so Betelgeuse's role isn't over yet.
If anything though I'd say the white whale's power was far more hyped and there should've been deaths in that fight in my opinion.
I do agree with what you said but I wouldn't call this episode entirely pointless. The exposition on the gospel is sure to be relevant.
Aug 28, 2016 5:10 PM

Jan 2016
Love the episode, Amazing struggle for subaru when the "second" Sin Archbishop appeared ,Really fucking shit creepy with these 2, Petelgeuse and the insane girl, Great fighting anyway!

Cant wait for next week. Ram Is back, Cant wait! aaaah What kind of epic shit is left?
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 28, 2016 5:13 PM

Jul 2016
Heitokun said:
Verifax said:

You're pretty much right, they're really not hurting the character development or the plot in any big way, actually i think this is one of the most faithful adaptations from a LN/WB that i've seen and I'm really happy about that. Concerning you question, there's just little things I wanted to see, for example in ep. 20..

For the most part it's just little details here and there that don't affect the story AT ALL, so it's just me being an idiot lol, I really love Re:zero so I don't let that bother me. I just hope they end the season with what I expect to be the master of cliffhangers, because what happens next will really change Subaru for the rest of the story.

Thank you for the response. And I agree on what you mentioned in the spoiler. A lot of anime-only people were ''confused''concering what you mentioned.
Aug 28, 2016 5:14 PM

Sep 2015
The Butler be doing some work
Aug 28, 2016 5:18 PM

May 2016
They actually did it. They made Betelgeuse a girl. I don't know how to feel.
This episode they killed off some cool characters; Betelgeuse, Girl Betelgeuse and Slothman. Such wasted potention right here. Rip Slothman, he was a hero of his own story.
Wilhelm inspiration > Rem inspiration. This time we didn't have Wilhelm spend 5 minutes on him wanting Subaru babies and growing old(er) together.
Ram back, remember her, you know pink Rem.
TakenMalUsernameAug 28, 2016 5:37 PM
Aug 28, 2016 5:33 PM

Mar 2015
Another boring episode that focuses on bringing up more questions that answering them. -_- Welp, it WAS asking a lot hoping for 4 great episodes in a row, so I'll let it slide with a 3/5.

BJiuce is so over the top with his squeezing eyes and ripping out his hair lol..at least he's out of his misery (one of them) though. He proved fairly weak, but then again nothing beats a good backstab as a mage user!

Actually had to skip a good chunk of the beginning though, because it was just so mindnumbingly boring to listen to Subaru's "pep talks". At least Wilhelm proved awesome as always, sparing me of a completely boring episode.
Aug 28, 2016 5:37 PM

Nov 2014
Wtf was that ending. Ram?!
Hi there
Aug 28, 2016 5:49 PM
Jan 2013
The tension and pace were dropped so much compare to last 2 episodes, but well characters developtment, new infos with more questions and cliffhanger are make the episode still interesting.
Aug 28, 2016 5:52 PM
Jul 2018
Rance-sama said:
Ram worst girl confirmed

omfg that sig is from a hentai right?

______

Does this mean Ram is part of the witch cult? wtf is going on lol
Aug 28, 2016 5:55 PM

May 2016
JumBoRGiNo said:

Join the cult that murdered your village and cut off your horn. This plan is genius.
Aug 28, 2016 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
takenMalUsername said:
JumBoRGiNo said:

Join the cult that murdered your village and cut off your horn. This plan is genius.

well maybe she got "possessed" instead of "joined" lol or maybe she's just an illusion that he created using one of his "fingers" hell idfk
Aug 28, 2016 5:59 PM

May 2009
Those two mini furry girls seems to do more than searching up the coat. They are up to something secret I think.

Ram's coat is diff from those witch cult's coat.

I'm glad Rem is safe from all of this.
Aug 28, 2016 6:01 PM

Feb 2013
The show hypes up the archbishop of sloth just so he can die from a single slash. Am I watching One punch man?

Also I'm exhausted watching Subaru acts like a badass one episode only to revert back to his old self the next. The fact that every episode ends in a cliffhanger is also getting old . I might just pick up the light novel just to know what is going to happen because having to wait every week just to watch a mediocre episode with little to no advancement in the plot is torture.
Aug 28, 2016 6:06 PM

May 2016
fideldesu said:
Those two mini furry girls seems to do more than searching up the coat. They are up to something secret I think.

Sorry the break it to you, but the one with the monocle is her younger brother. First Felis and now this, cat people in this world are a bunch of traps.
Aug 28, 2016 6:07 PM
May 2016
yamen said:
Hrist16 said:
Finally Rem wasnt in the episode Acting Cutesy Cutesy lovey dovey Cringefest Smiling Character Regression that for some Reason many says she's Best Girl?

Few more episodes without Rem and this show rating will drop to 1.
No it wont ! Do u seriously think that Rem owns this Show? If so then you are Delusional cuz there are so many aspects of Re Zero that is far more Enjoyable,Entertaining and Intruging than Rem so STFU Rem Fanboy
Aug 28, 2016 6:09 PM
May 2016
RedaJaNai said:
Hrist16 said:
Finally Rem wasnt in the episode Acting Cutesy Cutesy lovey dovey Cringefest Smiling Character Regression that for some Reason many says she's Best Girl?

I feel you. At the beginning of the show Ram and Rem had such an interesting dynamic going between them and Subaru with the constant bantering and all. Now Rem's only purpose in the show is to hang off Subaru's nuts. She's gotten lame.
Right that is why I'm Curious why so many Likes Rem when she Became this OneDimensional Chatacter

Mar 2015
takenMalUsername said:
fideldesu said:

Sorry the break it to you, but the one with the monocle is her younger brother. First Felis and now this, cat people in this world are a bunch of traps.

Sorry to break it to you, but he baited you there. :}

But yea Japanese loves their crossdressers! Felis voice actor is female though, so it's kind of silly. He's just a gag character in my opinion.
Jun 2009
fideldesu said:

Ram's coat is diff from those witch cult's coat.

I'm glad Rem is safe from all of this.

Oh rlyy??
yeah i would happy enough if i didnt think about how ram shows up on frame a bit on the right portion of the frame, like she wants to tell her ALONE now.

Coz the BLUE flower now joined the nature with her beatiful colors and the flower seems like to tell subaru, that she always be with subaru and her greatest hero
Aug 28, 2016 6:10 PM
May 2016
CyberPunch said:
Hrist16 said:

Gotta agree, she's basically turned into a boring, clingy character, her whole life now revolves around subaru, like some fanboy's wet dream.
Also how fast and deep she fell in love with Subaru felt forced to me.

Oh well, she had so much potential...still has some I guess.
she really does have Potential but Not like this cuz it makes me Think that there is no more room for Character Development of Rem
Aug 28, 2016 6:14 PM

Apr 2007
violetta_96 said:
cem006 said:
It was ok but still kinda meh in my opinion.
We need more Rem.

Do you watch anime for Rem? ?

Not anime, just this anime.

Looks like all the people butthurt about Rems popularity is coming out to play this episode.
KilluanAug 28, 2016 6:19 PM
Aug 28, 2016 6:20 PM

May 2016
Raven_Wingz said:
takenMalUsername said:

Sorry to break it to you, but he baited you there. :}

But yea Japanese loves their crossdressers! Felis voice actor is female though, so it's kind of silly. He's just a gag character in my opinion.

The double bait. I mean I knew all along.

You know the trap worked to well when the creator wants Felis to be a girl. The creator himself said Felis is the cutest. Felis confirmed best "girl".
Aug 28, 2016 6:25 PM
Aug 2016
OrangeJP said:
The Witch's cult is just full of fucked up people

Wilhelm continues with his slicing and dicing

OrangeJP said:
The Witch's cult is just full of fucked up people

Wilhelm continues with his slicing and dicing

Man this series has a disease.... rlly annoying cliffhangers syndrome
Aug 28, 2016 6:27 PM

Mar 2016
Verifax said:
Glitchytronics said:
Pretty good episode.

I wasn't expecting Beetle Juice & co. to go down that easily, so that was surprising lol (though they probably haven't truly gone down yet).

That cliffhanger with Ram wearing similar clothes to Emilia tho. I'm hyped to see what happens next. Just hope Rem doesn't show up, I've gotten so tired of her.

It does indeed seem to be connected to the barrier. Since Emilia's rare screentime was to point out that the barrier was relevant again. I personally think Ram has some business with Subaru which she isn't too happy about. Only reason I have for that is the fact that Ram is hiding her face under the hood. If she was trying to make a point about not letting the others in, she would be her normal self. She'd be like ''BARASU what are you thinking? Explain.

Ram is a very straightforward and far from shy character. The fact that she's hiding her face has some sinister or ominous implications.

Yeah, I suppose the barrier theory is obvious & likely true.

It is suspicious Ram didn't immediately react, but I don't believe she has a necessarily sinister motive for being out there myself. Or at least not sinister in a sense that she's affiliated with the Witch's Cult, like some others are theorizing.

Ram being out there to warn Subaru maybe a possibility. Though I'm not sure how she would've known he was out there at that specific time...unless she was just waiting there after the castle received a warning about the Witch's Cult.

We've yet to really get an answer on what Ram & Roswaal's relationship really is. It's unlikely, but I kinda wonder if her being out there has something to do with that. Or maybe she was trying to contact Roswaal.

Or maybe Ram being out there is a really simple answer, like she's patrolling the barrier or went to check on the town. She just didn't react because the animators wanted the scene to be more ominous.

There is the little red spirit to take into account as well, but I get the feeling that has to do with Emilia.
GlitchytronicsAug 28, 2016 6:46 PM
Aug 28, 2016 6:27 PM

Jul 2016
I am kinda rooting for the bad guys this time. They are waaay more interesting.

Go Betelguese!! Fill the world with the witch's love, love, love, love, love. Jajajajaja
Aug 28, 2016 6:28 PM

Jan 2011
it was good animation was a bit lower to be expected,no Rem was a nice break

but Rip (Matsuoka) Petelgeuse you were the best Petelgeuse if more of them keep popping up i would love to see what the recording sessions would be like for all the VAs lol.

Knew things were going to well didn't make sense that the small group of cultist which got taken out so easily was capable of causing all that ruin, and that ending what????
Aug 28, 2016 6:37 PM

Jul 2016
Glitchytronics said:
Verifax said:

Yeah, I suppose the barrier theory is obvious & likely true.

It is suspicious Ram didn't immediately react, but I don't believe she has a necessarily sinister motive for being out there myself. Or at least not sinister in a sense that she's affiliated with the Witch's Cult, like some others are theorizing.

Ram being out there to warn Subaru maybe a possibility. Though I'm not sure how she would've known he was out there at that specific time...unless she was just waiting there after the castle received a warning about the Witch's Cult.

We've yet to really get an answer on what Ram & Roswaal's relationship really is. It's unlikely, but I kinda wonder if her being out there has something to do with that. Or maybe she was trying to contact Roswaal.

Or maybe Ram being out there is a really simple answer, like she's patrolling the barrier or went to check on the town. She just didn't react because the animators wanted the scene to be more ominous.

There is the little red spirit to take into account as well, but I get the feeling that has to do with Emilia.

It might indeed be the very simple reason(s) you described. I for one atleast don't buy her being with the Witch cult. If that was the case she would've warned them of Subaru's imminent arrival and whoopass. Not to mention her past with the witch cult.

My kind of out there reasoning is as follows: Ram got into contact with someone who is monitoring Subaru and his progress and is acting differently in this time loop. Remember arc 2? When Roswaal suddenly had ''business to attend'' in the last time loop? I'm thinking Ram might be acting differently in this time loop than the previous ones in this arc, for much the same reason that Roswaal was acting differently.

Do note that I have no idea what that reason can be. The most simple explanation would be that Roswaal somehow knows about Subaru's return by death.

As for the little spirit. Someone in this thread kinda spoiled that earlier.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1835 by Pruzkumak »»
Sep 24, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2077 by Shadicgunman »»
Sep 24, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

513 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 23, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

793 by cibertopia »»
Sep 21, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 19, 1:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.