Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2023 3:28 AM

Oct 2015
alshu said:
Now when the cat is out of the bag, we can confirm for the anime audience that "Lum is Rum" was Gosho Aoyama trolling...also flexing his abilities to write manga characters for certain VAs.
bro he managed to get koiichi yamadera for tsutomu lmao
dude lowkey flexs
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Apr 17, 2023 5:46 AM

May 2018
yami-no-tenshii said:
real VA in the story (two mix)

Thus not only her, bet her brother too...sadly he didn't had a speaking part.

Mei-o_Scarlett said:

dude lowkey flexs

Yeah, great to have him in different roles here (for example he voiced the perfect pitch violin playing dude in the The Dissonance of the Stradivarius case).
This could be a flex on the production side, tho...I don't see any connection with a popular role of his and this character in the manga. If there is, I am curious to learn it.
Apr 17, 2023 5:53 AM

Oct 2015
alshu said:
yami-no-tenshii said:
real VA in the story (two mix)

Thus not only her, bet her brother too...sadly he didn't had a speaking part.

Mei-o_Scarlett said:

dude lowkey flexs

Yeah, great to have him in different roles here (for example he voiced the perfect pitch violin playing dude in the The Dissonance of the Stradivarius case).
This could be a flex on the production side, tho...I don't see any connection with a popular role of his and this character in the manga. If there is, I am curious to learn it.
not to tsutomu specifcally but basically
Aoyama: 
Mine’s not that far of a relationship, but I have stated many times with determination that “this actor should voice this character”. For example, Koichi Yamadera, who voiced Tsutomu Akai, a character that recently appeared in the anime, was chosen by me

in his head
yamadera sounds like tsutomu
so he has to get him for tsutomu
das it really
no connection
just a fcku i control this anime production flex kek

like oda and franky
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Apr 18, 2023 9:05 PM

Jul 2008
First off Akai....you couldnt snipe off one or two of them? Really?

2nd....HOLY CRAP ITS THE COOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 20, 2023 9:35 PM
May 2012
So it was Kanenori Wakita, not sure why I thought he was in the clear.
Apr 24, 2023 1:11 AM

May 2012
alshu said:
Now when the cat is out of the bag, we can confirm for the anime audience that "Lum is Rum" was Gosho Aoyama trolling...also flexing his abilities to write manga characters for certain VAs.
Lum isn't Rum but Wakita is also inspired by Danpei from Ashita no Joe so it's a win win regardless
Apr 25, 2023 8:24 AM
Sep 2013
The stupidest arc I’ve seen ever. An FBI agent doesn’t understand the concept of laying low, starts a fire at the beach as if it was a summer beach festival. Seriously what the actual #*^$!?

Even when the BO members find him hiding in that ridiculously obvious place, he just manages to disappears like a ninja without a trace. It’s like, the first thing that comes to mind is to surround the that place blocking the exits and having one or two go inside to look for him, or even better, just block all exits and burn the place. And how the freaking hell was he able to bury himself that quickly following conan’s instructions being that stupid!?!

Every decision made from beginning to end is just stupid and anyone watching can see the potential disaster from miles away. To make it work, they had to dumb every smart character in the show to allow not only making the stupid mistakes, but to allow everyone else to miss them as well. Going out knowing the risk of exposing Kir was extremely stupendous.

Kir and Camel should’ve both died.

I hated it. So many things were wrong on so many levels. I was looking forward to this arc. What a disappointment.
youcifApr 25, 2023 8:31 AM
Apr 29, 2023 11:24 PM
Aug 2021
From the elimination process – we can point out that Rum was Wakita all along who works as a cook next to the detective office. Akai and Conan trick to save Camel miraculously succeeded in tricking the Black Organization. Akai guiding Camel and Rum guiding the Black organization was truly my favorite Arc.
May 4, 2023 8:49 PM

Apr 2016
Camel was so annoying throughout this whole arc and he only got his hair shaved? Boo, give him a silly tattoo.
Jun 14, 2023 2:47 PM
Jun 2021
youcif said:
The stupidest arc I’ve seen ever. An FBI agent doesn’t understand the concept of laying low, starts a fire at the beach as if it was a summer beach festival. Seriously what the actual #*^$!?

Even when the BO members find him hiding in that ridiculously obvious place, he just manages to disappears like a ninja without a trace. It’s like, the first thing that comes to mind is to surround the that place blocking the exits and having one or two go inside to look for him, or even better, just block all exits and burn the place. And how the freaking hell was he able to bury himself that quickly following conan’s instructions being that stupid!?!

Every decision made from beginning to end is just stupid and anyone watching can see the potential disaster from miles away. To make it work, they had to dumb every smart character in the show to allow not only making the stupid mistakes, but to allow everyone else to miss them as well. Going out knowing the risk of exposing Kir was extremely stupendous.

Kir and Camel should’ve both died.

I hated it. So many things were wrong on so many levels. I was looking forward to this arc. What a disappointment.
They are 6 and have ~3 hours to search one man on a huge island. Do you think they have the time to search one place commando style ?
Jun 30, 2023 12:39 AM
Aug 2021
Klevi_5 said:
I love this anime, but none of my friends have seen it, I wish I had someone to talk with about this masterpiece…
you are at right place man …. : )
Aug 6, 2023 4:15 AM
May 2021
Finally we see the famous theme from the manga in the Anime :)))
Sep 22, 2023 6:23 AM

Mar 2011
The fact that Camel survived is thanks to others not his own mind... But to be honest? I'm not in the least bit surprised by Rum'S identity. Somehow the plot-twists of this show sometimes fail to be really shocking. I'm not saying that it's bad... But maybe all these fillers make them lose their impact. Other than this these episodes were amazing.
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Sep 26, 2023 12:55 PM

Jan 2016
Some of things on the arc was too unbelievable, but I still enjoyed it. I eliminated the lady from the 3 possible Rum candidates, but now we know for sure it was the sushi guy.

Oct 30, 2023 1:00 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah that was super exciting lol. They are lucky there were so many items to use in that abandoned cafe.
Dec 23, 2023 12:07 PM
Mar 2018
Never has the show looked better in its modern period than in these last three episodes! The directing, the animation, the color grading; everything was splendid! Much more mature and pleasing to the eye than the bubblegum visuals we've so often been condemned to these last few years.

As for the story, it was great, if not for the seemingly unending stupidity of the FBI side of things. It isn't too surprising how many of them got killed when Camel can't even figure out for himself that starting a fire on the beach is a bad idea when trying to lay low... Still, I loved the tension of the car chase, as well as the manhunt, and the happenings at the Kudo residence were fun to follow.

Oh, and Camel looks much better with a buzzcut, don't know why his colleagues were snickering.
May 22, 11:02 AM
Sep 2020
best episode so far
Jun 18, 8:33 AM
Nov 2013
The Rum reveal was kinda dampened by the opening, so that was whatever I guess.

I don't know why Japan always does that shit with the spoilers.

Only 'surprise' I can see now, with Rum, is if 'he' ends up being two or three people, making the fake rumors not actually that fake.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1129 Discussion

hai_X_is - 3 hours ago

0 by hai_X_is »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 231 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Dec 20, 2009

24 by LilyVarbik »»
Jun 27, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 319 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Nov 27, 2013

6 by KoniginElle »»
Jun 27, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 3 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 16, 2010

19 by MasterK »»
Jun 26, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 2 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 16, 2010

23 by MasterK »»
Jun 26, 7:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.