Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2014 6:13 AM

Jul 2010
In the end "Human world arc" end.So shell we assume there will be another arc gourmet world?
Apr 1, 2014 9:40 AM

Feb 2008
clin7eas7wood said:
In the end "Human world arc" end.So shell we assume there will be another arc gourmet world?

Hopefully, we'll get a remake in some years. Because I definitely don't want more of Toei's story butchering.
Apr 1, 2014 10:38 AM
Aug 2013
If they ever remake this they should wait like 5 years to let the memory and foulness of this version fad away like a fart in the wind.
Apr 1, 2014 11:54 AM

Jun 2013
Why change the story if they didn't even go for an actual ending?
Apr 1, 2014 2:04 PM

Sep 2011
Very disappointed in this adaption. These last few episodes in particular, is like a slap in the face to the manga readers. Let's hope for a better remake in the future.
Apr 2, 2014 2:11 AM
Feb 2010
the fuck Human World Arc END at the ending of the episode
WTF are they planing on continuing this shit after DBKai finishes
they cant even do that its changed complutely from the manga
god dammit
Apr 2, 2014 5:24 AM

Feb 2011
That was incredible! Toriko vs Joa was just intense and epic. Gotta give props to the awesome music as well.

Overall, I'll give it a well-earned 9. My only critisism would be that the animation, especially in the later is episodes, is not good or even terrible. I'm aware the cooking festival arc has been butchered somewhat which for the manga readers is a common complaint, but honestly I don't mind at all.
In fact, if they hadn't done that, I probably would never have started reading the manga. If stayed the same I wouldn't feel any need to read the manga.
Apr 2, 2014 9:12 AM

Nov 2012
morshuwarrior said:
That was incredible! Toriko vs Joa was just intense and epic. Gotta give props to the awesome music as well.

Overall, I'll give it a well-earned 9. My only critisism would be that the animation, especially in the later is episodes, is not good or even terrible. I'm aware the cooking festival arc has been butchered somewhat which for the manga readers is a common complaint, but honestly I don't mind at all.
In fact, if they hadn't done that, I probably would never have started reading the manga. If stayed the same I wouldn't feel any need to read the manga.

if you already liked the anime.. you will realy realy realy love the toriko manga

start reading at the beginning of cooking fest, then you will know how much has changed and the important plot things they left out in the anime ;)
Apr 2, 2014 9:59 AM

May 2011
I'll miss seeing more of this animated, even though I'm far behind in the manga, I could tell this was...less than spectacular. But I still found some of it enjoyable. I'm all for scenes of people eating together from this. xD
Apr 2, 2014 10:11 AM
Mar 2014
fiore777 said:
I'll miss seeing more of this animated, even though I'm far behind in the manga, I could tell this was...less than spectacular. But I still found some of it enjoyable. I'm all for scenes of people eating together from this. xD

re read the complete cooking fest arc in the manga, you are in for a huge suprise ^^
Apr 2, 2014 3:52 PM

Feb 2011
aboe said:
morshuwarrior said:

if you already liked the anime.. you will realy realy realy love the toriko manga

start reading at the beginning of cooking fest, then you will know how much has changed and the important plot things they left out in the anime ;)
I was exactly planning to do that :)
Apr 3, 2014 10:19 AM

Aug 2010
I lol'd so much at this ending HAHAHA

It was so crazy XD The last few eps I haven't really been paying attention while watching the eps since the anime original shit started but gotta admit this TTGL craziness caught my attention XD

Enjoyed the action tbh :P

Dat Mugen Kugi punch lolol It's like a rocket launching XD

Still can't save what they did to the adaption -.- I'll give it a 7/10
Apr 3, 2014 6:21 PM

Sep 2013
The guys at toriko wikia translated some tweets by the cast and Fuji TV
(don't know if the Fuji one is legit thou)
http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:40221
Apr 5, 2014 3:23 AM

May 2012
Oh my fucking god I haven't laughed this much while watching anime probably ever
Can't wait to see DBZ Kai
Apr 5, 2014 10:21 AM

Dec 2011
The ending just has to be bad. Uhh. We still have the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2014 11:28 AM

Mar 2010
Well I was hoping this anime wouldn't ever have stops, but it seems now I have to rely on the manga.. Overall this anime was alright.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 4, 2014 7:25 PM
Dec 2012
are they ever going to ffinish this even though i didn't love the anime i can't stand it ending like this like d. gray man when i have to read the manga to finish it i dont read manga
May 12, 2014 7:13 AM

Jan 2010
Wow. While I like happy endings with a certain sense of closure to them, the anime ending was a little too cheesy and too simplistic. Before this, I haven't touched the manga yet but that nagging dissatisfaction from the last episode drove me to read from the Cooking Fest arc and oh boy, the differences were so stark.

I think I might prefer the manga outcome of the three-way fight.
Jul 16, 2014 12:08 AM

Mar 2012
MFs destroying such a good story......
May 7, 2015 5:22 AM

Jun 2008
aboe said:
nice ending , now we will get more toriko after dbzkai ends

toriko part 2: gourmet world here we come!!!

Please NO! Leave it alone Toei. You ruined enough already.
Feb 11, 2017 8:51 AM

May 2016
It was an excellent anime. I'm sad this is the end.
Oct 30, 2022 1:59 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Last episode, quite predictable, but with the emotion that is required.

Hopefully one day it will continue!!! kekeke
Jan 16, 2023 3:42 AM

Apr 2013
This show was never great to me... or maybe even good. Just a very average shounen anime with the usual tropes. A few times it managed to surprise me, but that's about it.
But they really dropped the ball in the last arc, nothing made sense anymore and everything was extremely rushed. I haven't read the source material, but judging from the comments they went completely anime original and screwed everything up. Typical Toei I guess. 3/10
GatorJan 16, 2023 3:46 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toriko Episode 5 Discussion

Game_Master - May 3, 2011

21 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 28, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 3 Discussion

EvilSynner - Apr 19, 2011

29 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 27, 2023 1:29 PM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 38 Discussion

Cetais - Dec 27, 2011

11 by Frippy_ »»
Apr 13, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 101 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Apr 22, 2013

16 by nightjasmine »»
Mar 2, 2023 4:18 AM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 146 Discussion

SilentTruth - Mar 22, 2014

19 by Gator »»
Jan 16, 2023 3:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.