Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 12, 2014 7:13 PM

Dec 2013
Because the series is another generic Dragon Ball Z homage. It could have ended a long time ago but instead the manga dragged on to the point where the plot made absolutely no sense anymore. The Ninja War Arc is a perfect example. Can't say I am surprised though since Kishimoto's contract didn't allow him to end the series.

While I am not exactly the hugest fan of the Holy Shonen Trilogy, I must admit that the first half of Naruto was the best of the trio. Kishimoto was obviously at his prime by that time. The plot was well executed, the characters were compelling and the interaction between the characters were actually believable. Not like Part II and Naruto's Messiah Dr. Phil no Jutsu talk. Even then, the Land of Waves Arc is Naruto's best and most powerful arc in my opinion.

The art was good, the action was very much there, and the comedy factor has been worked in very nicely. Seeing Naruto and Sasuke grow stronger together is a very heartwarming story, and often makes me smile happily because the emotion is there. You can see it when Sasuke selflessly sacrificed himself for Naruto against Haku. What hit the spot most was how likeable villains such as Zabuza and Haku were. Not like lolObito and Madara.

Long story, short, the manga would have been better off ending at Land of Waves or Chunin Exams Arc while it was still at it's golden age.
Jan 12, 2014 7:21 PM

Dec 2012
So all the talk about being Hokage, the mystery behind the nine tails inside Naruto, Sasuke's revenge, Kakashi's history and how he got the sharingan and other gazilion plot threads and points should be completely left unresolved? that seems like a good idea.

I guess Berserk should have ended in the Golden age arc, we don't need to know how Guts and Griffith story will end.
Jan 12, 2014 7:37 PM

Dec 2013
tsudecimo said:
So all the talk about being Hokage, the mystery behind the nine tails inside Naruto, Sasuke's revenge, Kakashi's history and how he got the sharingan and other gazilion plot threads and points should be completely left unresolved? that seems like a good idea.

I guess Berserk should have ended in the Golden age arc, we don't need to know how Guts and Griffith story will end.

Nah. Some people don't care about Naruto's dream, it's like Ash Ketchum's dream to become a Pokemon Master. The same with Sasuke's thirst for vengeance, Kakashi's backstory, the Uchiha backstory and etc. See what happened when Kishimoto started explaining the entire Uchiha Massacre. Itachi went from a top-tier character who started out as a villain to a bland character. The same with Obito with the whole "lol u killed rin" melodrama. The manga is just your typical generic shonen. It lost its charm a long time ago to me.
Jan 12, 2014 7:39 PM

Sep 2012
Because BELIEVE IT!

The main character, and the fan base. The concept itself was fine and pretty entertaining, but those two things ruined it for me.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jan 12, 2014 7:42 PM

Dec 2010
I love Naruto. People just hate it because of its fanbase.
Jan 12, 2014 7:46 PM

Sep 2013
It's a pretty decent anime. I still enjoy it!
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...
Jan 12, 2014 8:03 PM

Dec 2012
InfinityFlux said:
tsudecimo said:

Nah. Some people don't care about Naruto's dream, it's like Ash Ketchum's dream to become a Pokemon Master. The same with Sasuke's thirst for vengeance, Kakashi's backstory, the Uchiha backstory and etc. See what happened when Kishimoto started explaining the entire Uchiha Massacre. Itachi went from a top-tier character who started out as a villain to a bland character. The same with Obito with the whole "lol u killed rin" melodrama. The manga is just your typical generic shonen. It lost its charm a long time ago to me.

Doesn't change the facts that they are unresolved plot threads whether you think their execution was bad or good is another story. I care and the fans of the series do. I disagree about everything you said especially Itachi. I think Kishimoto executed his character extremely well, I was never a fan of Itachi in part 1, because he didn't make sense to me and I only saw him as a ''cool'' character. I only liked him and considered him a favorite after his back story was explained and he had his farewell with Sasuke. He had so much dimension, development and depth up till that point and his character carried a lot of meaningful messages.

I think Naruto is far from a generic typical battle manga and it's charm still not lost. If you are bored with it and you think it's dragged out that's fine, to each his own.
Jan 15, 2014 5:53 AM

Oct 2013
1. "we frogs grow different than human" in about 3 months or something, that brat frog gained 10 meter in height and tell's that frogs are growing different. - the most frogs we have seen so far are as big as naruto or smaller.

2. everyone wants to be a hokage, even Sasuke?! kishimoto planed at first to make sasuke the hokage... he left the village and wanted to destroy it and i think that naruto is just the story of a brat who wants to be hokage and if he won't get the next hokage it didn't satisfied the meaning of the whole story.

3. Naruto worked really long on his rasen shuriken and at the fight against obito he comes up with new super attacks, every chapter, which don't have any effect on obito.

4. Naruto mixed his rasengan with sasukes genjutsu amaterasu and made a new attack. ok at first it's not possible to mix material jutsu with a genjutsu, i think... and afterwards the attack had no effect either...

it's like the manga is giving his best for those "i like super duper meaningless fights, without story and connection to the earlier events" and you can see, that it's like story to make more money.

Jan 15, 2014 7:50 AM

Jun 2008
All the answer here are pointless because there is nothing to worry about since everyone just likes being tsundere.
They are actually having fun with Naruto but hate admitting it.
Jan 15, 2014 8:15 AM

Apr 2013
not really

i find naruto to be boring but i end up watching it anyways cause im always running out of anime i wanna watch.

to be fair though the manga is actually fairly good but the animation doesn't do it justice.

i would rather watch fairy tail and well thats not saying a whole lot

also i think the main thing i don't like about naruto is naruto.
what a lame protagonist and WTF is up with those whiskers?

i get that he has the 9 tails inside of him but like his mom doesn't have whiskers.
edo tensei minato doesn't have whiskers. so why the hell does he have whiskers?

i know this will come off shallow or whatever but the whiskers are the main reason i didn't watch naruto for the longest time. eventually i caved around the time of the 3 tails arc.
astrozombie84Jan 15, 2014 8:39 AM
Feb 6, 2014 11:26 PM
Aug 2013
Most Naruto (and Bleach fans) neither hate or love it. It's just at that point where they just want it to end. If I really hated Naruto I wouldn't be now and again rereading it from start to present, in manga not online in order to see if it is really that bad. I suspect my thinking may have been swayed a bit by very convincing arguments either way in forums.

What did I really hate about the war? Was it the fact that Kabuto made it drag on and on? Well no, not really. Villains tend to be a bit cheap when they are losing. Cell blew himself up, Frieza threw a tantrum and blew up a planet, Bakura kept stealing shit to get stronger etc.

It was more the accumulation of little things that Kishimoto seems to have forgotten about. Remember Hinata jumping in front of Pein? Now Sakura is suddenly more important. How on earth are Sasuke and Naruto going to have an interesting final fight if they have already shown each other their techs and even combined them?

Maybe his art has made things a bit worse, could be quality of scans but I'm not sure, which is why I am rereading in volumes.
Feb 11, 2014 10:38 PM
Dec 2013
Not everyone hates the show, although it has tons of haters it has a lot of fans as well.
Feb 12, 2014 6:27 AM

Feb 2014
NaruFreak26 said:
Not everyone hates the show, although it has tons of haters it has a lot of fans as well.

This pretty much.
Feb 12, 2014 10:18 AM
Mar 2013
I don't dislike it. It had it's moments, both in the original and in Shippuden. The problem I have with it is the filler and the fact that it is dragging on and on.
emeraldrosaryFeb 12, 2014 10:32 AM
Feb 12, 2014 10:30 AM

Apr 2010
Naruto and Berserk in the same sentence in the form of some sort of comparison.

Now I've seen it all. What's next? Naruto is better than Kingdom too? I don't even know if I'd be able to laugh at that lol.
Feb 12, 2014 11:04 AM

Jan 2014
ArcoNovellan said:
Most Naruto (and Bleach fans) neither hate or love it. It's just at that point where they just want it to end. If I really hated Naruto I wouldn't be now and again rereading it from start to present, in manga not online in order to see if it is really that bad. I suspect my thinking may have been swayed a bit by very convincing arguments either way in forums.

What did I really hate about the war? Was it the fact that Kabuto made it drag on and on? Well no, not really. Villains tend to be a bit cheap when they are losing. Cell blew himself up, Frieza threw a tantrum and blew up a planet, Bakura kept stealing shit to get stronger etc.

It was more the accumulation of little things that Kishimoto seems to have forgotten about. Remember Hinata jumping in front of Pein? Now Sakura is suddenly more important. How on earth are Sasuke and Naruto going to have an interesting final fight if they have already shown each other their techs and even combined them?

Maybe his art has made things a bit worse, could be quality of scans but I'm not sure, which is why I am rereading in volumes.

Everything in here is truth.

The last chapter of Naruto that truly re-energized my interest was Sasuke coming in to reunite with team 7. For me it was amazing to see again and felt very nostalgic, it was a great emotional yet action filled string of chapters and since then I felt it's dragged very slowly. At this point I just want to see how Naruto "talk no jutsu's" his way out of Madara.
Feb 16, 2014 7:09 AM

Nov 2012
Some of them are hispters who just hate any mainstream show/manga, and some of them hate Naruto cuz they don't like it. and i don't blame them really. Shippuden is a downgrade comparing it to the first show.
and now with the 4th shinobi shitty war, Naruto totally became a terrible manga.
Feb 17, 2014 9:02 PM

Jul 2007
The most iconic moment ever in naruto and something that people will never forget. It will remain edged into their minds forever, that OSTRICH.

Feb 19, 2014 3:12 AM

Jun 2013
Monad said:
All the answer here are pointless because there is nothing to worry about since everyone just likes being tsundere.
They are actually having fun with Naruto but hate admitting it.

I think this may be the case for quite a few people... There are some people who give the show a 3 yet they've seen all the episodes... why on earth would they continue watching it?
Feb 19, 2014 12:16 PM

Oct 2013
Because everyone has something they hate about any show they've watched more or less, but because naruto is so iconic (in a sense) that most watch it regardless of how bad they think it is. I use to only watch it because my friends use to talk about it all the time. I thought I should know my shit before being part of the conversation. I do like it more so than before. It does have it crap moments though.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 19, 2014 2:01 PM

Jan 2014
1- the shinobi war has been terrible
2- fans of other big 3 series ganging up on each other like any of them is actually the shit.
3- Being the anime equivalent of twilight -- what the hell were you expecting?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2014 2:58 PM

Jul 2007
Despite what people say, naruto is actually a great story, great show/manga full of inspirational characters that you'll never forget. The problem i think is most currently, when kishimoto kind of ran him self into a corner with the whole 4th shinobi world war, he even admits to not being able to plan things out carefully in the latest 2014 interview. But we still don't know how its going to conclude. Kishimoto mentioned that he wanted to end it on a "strong" note. So that is still something people our holding onto i guess.

As for why people still watch it? Well thats simple, its a show they been following for many many years and despite what they think or how people criticize the show or manga they will continue to support it till its end. its very hard to let go of an ongoing series/manga that you kind of grew up on.

Most of the people that state they will drop it even though they been watching 100's of episodes and reading 100's chapters never really do. Most of the people that actually legitimately drop it are per-swayed by many of the naysayers that the show is just total shit and truthfully those fans never gave it a chance.

I have truthfully not once seen an actual dedicated fan just drop something after supporting it for so many years and im the discussions all the time. I see people say "fck this shit, im done" but they always come back.

it is like watching 600+ episodes of one piece and not liking how the current arcs are so slow and then just dropping it. No, they might put it on hold but they will always come back, after devoting THAT much time into a series or manga for a beyond a decade, its just hard to completely let go.
ArtimesGamerFeb 19, 2014 3:09 PM

Feb 26, 2014 8:46 AM

Jun 2012
Honestly Part 1 is underrated.

Well everything before Sasuke Retrieval, though the Sound 5 had some cool powers.
Feb 26, 2014 8:53 AM
Sep 2013
shinomonogatari said:
1. "we frogs grow different than human" in about 3 months or something, that brat frog gained 10 meter in height and tell's that frogs are growing different. - the most frogs we have seen so far are as big as naruto or smaller.

2. everyone wants to be a hokage, even Sasuke?! kishimoto planed at first to make sasuke the hokage... he left the village and wanted to destroy it and i think that naruto is just the story of a brat who wants to be hokage and if he won't get the next hokage it didn't satisfied the meaning of the whole story.

3. Naruto worked really long on his rasen shuriken and at the fight against obito he comes up with new super attacks, every chapter, which don't have any effect on obito.

4. Naruto mixed his rasengan with sasukes genjutsu amaterasu and made a new attack. ok at first it's not possible to mix material jutsu with a genjutsu, i think... and afterwards the attack had no effect either...

it's like the manga is giving his best for those "i like super duper meaningless fights, without story and connection to the earlier events" and you can see, that it's like story to make more money.

You said pretty much exactly what I was thinking.
The end is nigh

Feb 26, 2014 9:05 AM

Apr 2013
I actually enjoyed the manga up until the 4th war.. then my scored dropped from 9 to 6 and may end up being a 5.
Feb 26, 2014 11:51 PM

Jul 2007
Sourire said:
I actually enjoyed the manga up until the 4th war.. then my scored dropped from 9 to 6 and may end up being a 5.

It all depends on how you rate a show but i think 5 is a bit harsh, especially for some one that has invested so much time into watching and reading 100's of episodes and 100's chapters. I look at a score of 5, i look at like something that will just pass by me, characters are unforgettable, their are hardly any emotional dramatic scenes or intense moments that keep you on edge. None of the experiences or moments in the show are not integrated well and the sound tracks are forgettable. The execution of the plot is not carefully put together and its just all around just boring, something to past the time. But is manageable to watch if you have nothing else to watch.

Now can you honestly think of all of that when you watch naruto. I mean sure its not a masterpiece but lets be real, naruto will remain in your memory for years to come, even though the plot felt very convoluted towards the end. But as a whole, their is just to many amazing moments and great line up cast of characters, great sound tracks, great action moments and lots of memorable experiences that you'll never forget. For me personally i would say an 8 would be more accurate, or if you want to be real critical and look at everything including all fillers, etc. A 7 most likely. Anything around 5 and below that is just borderline un watchable, and naruto is certainly not un watchable, their is plenty of enjoyment but then again it all depends on how the person rates.
ArtimesGamerFeb 27, 2014 12:03 AM

Feb 27, 2014 12:00 AM

Dec 2010
Sourire said:
Kind of agree with you there (though my score won't drop), but I guess Kishi wanted to end Naruto with a bang.
Feb 27, 2014 9:02 AM

May 2013
Kaimon237 said:

I agree, part 1 was amazing don't understand why people score it so low on this website.

OT, Naruto is easy to bash now that its having problems in the current arc.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Feb 28, 2014 3:43 AM

Nov 2012
Kaimon237 said:

This. i could never get over it's rank on MAL. it not that fucking bad. part 1 Naruto is an example of a good Shounen anime. tho it suffers from cliches (a lot of characters have this sad past, it's just so overused to the point it became a cliche) but it was well written overall and a lot better than Shippuden.
i think at least it deserve 8.30 or 8.40 as a score.
Feb 28, 2014 4:14 AM

Jun 2011
Don1Joker said:
Kaimon237 said:

This. i could never get over it's rank on MAL. it not that fucking bad. part 1 Naruto is an example of a good Shounen anime. tho it suffers from cliches (a lot of characters have this sad past, it's just so overused to the point it became a cliche) but it was well written overall and a lot better than Shippuden.

Because 40% of it are fillers?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 28, 2014 6:58 AM

Jun 2012
Part 1's fillers are more entertaining than some of Part 2's canon
Feb 28, 2014 7:11 AM

Jun 2011
Kaimon237 said:

But it doesn't change the fact that they are fillers. There are no story progression, character development, or anything canon at all in that 80+ episodes. While they could be entertaining, some people prefer to watch the author's side of story, and not some random made up for-who-knows-how-many mini stories.
Feb 28, 2014 8:44 AM

Nov 2010
Don1Joker said:
Kaimon237 said:

It's a prequel and got a bad rap. Because it's a prequel a lot of the people who didn't like it won't go on to Shippuden leaving Naruto with a lower score compared.

ToG25thBaam said:
Kaimon237 said:

But it doesn't change the fact that they are fillers. There are no story progression, character development, or anything canon at all in that 80+ episodes. While they could be entertaining, some people prefer to watch the author's side of story, and not some random made up for-who-knows-how-many mini stories.
Story progression and canon yes. But since you separated character development and something being canon it sounds like you recognize there could be filler character development. Especially with Sakura and her choice to become medical ninja, that was done in the filler. Same with Ino and I guess you could say some filler characters that I don't remember.
Feb 28, 2014 5:28 PM
Feb 2014
fillers and Kishi always doing so much flashbacks and TNJ that it could be 4-10 weeks before you see any real story progression which is important in anything you write and keeping us readers engaged would have been nice. Torturing us with flashbacks of emo-bito/the real obito/hokage's flashbacks in war arc doesnt help either as war arc should of been "intense" and to be honest some flashbacks were bad timing and when a genius like Neji dies, a character we actually might have an attachment to much more then say, emotional obito, u didnt even give us a good flashback of him not that i wanted one, i cant bare them anymore to be honest cause i think naruto's story could of been finished without them by now and these days they are flashbacks of already seen flashbacks.Anyways you get guy to say, hey lee "dont cry" and that was it for Neji besides the flashback he teaches hinata the 128 palms or whatever but even then it was information we already somewhat knew as we know Neji kicked her ass everyday in the huuga clan...ffs give us something more fucking creative!. I dont hate naruto, its just a very frustrating manga to read and i feel it had so much potential that it is now by far from being a "masterpiece".
Sennen_GoroshiFeb 28, 2014 5:31 PM
Mar 7, 2014 3:35 AM
Nov 2010
Do you really like the current arc that much?
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Mar 7, 2014 3:54 AM

Dec 2012
Fundog said:

From what I've seen in the anime so far, yes. Yes I do.
Mar 7, 2014 4:08 AM

Jun 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Story progression and canon yes. But since you separated character development and something being canon it sounds like you recognize there could be filler character development. Especially with Sakura and her choice to become medical ninja, that was done in the filler. Same with Ino and I guess you could say some filler characters that I don't remember.

What I am trying to say is, even if there are, those aren't canon, that's the problem.

tsudecimo said:
Fundog said:

I thought you said you're not "feeling" the current arc? Well, just wait until the "revival", that's where I started to dislike this war arc.
Mar 7, 2014 4:11 AM

Dec 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
tsudecimo said:
Fundog said:

I thought you said you're not "feeling" the current arc? Well, just wait until the "revival", that's where I started to dislike this war arc.

That was before I re-watch the whole series. I let other people opinions cloud my judgment back then. The only problem I have with the war arc so far is the rough beginning of it and some pacing issues but that's about it.
Mar 7, 2014 6:56 AM

Nov 2012
The shinobi-never ending shitty- 4th war strarted out kind good, little boring. and it got worse as it kept going. worst arc ever. it's really sad to see a show which was great at one point, to become a shitty show.
Mar 7, 2014 9:14 AM

Jun 2012
4th Ninja War is a great source of comedy, though

Particularly Madara Uchiha the Fanfiction God
Mar 7, 2014 9:19 AM

Jun 2011
Kaimon237 said:

No man, -manga spoiler-
Mar 10, 2014 4:22 AM

May 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
Kaimon237 said:

No man, -manga spoiler-

manga spoiler
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Mar 10, 2014 4:32 AM
Dec 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
ToG25thBaam said:
Kaimon237 said:

No man, -manga spoiler-

manga spoiler

manga spoiler
Mar 10, 2014 4:42 AM

May 2013
ScazoN said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
ToG25thBaam said:
Kaimon237 said:

No man, -manga spoiler-

manga spoiler

manga spoiler

manga spoilers
Mar 10, 2014 7:51 PM
Dec 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
ScazoN said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
ToG25thBaam said:
Kaimon237 said:

No man, -manga spoiler-

manga spoiler

manga spoiler

manga spoilers

Mar 26, 2014 7:55 PM

Jan 2013
ibrahim2712 said:
tsudecimo said:
Reciprocal said:

Also because it's a bad show of course.

Like Berserk of course.

Did you just say that? Did you just fucking say that? Tell me if you are trolling or if you mean it. You better hope to God that you are trolling, i am about to fucking roast you so bad.

he's been spouting alot of shit about Berserk in the forums here so don't bother about him really. let him be. and there's no need to be bashing here tho.

tsudecimo said:
That was before I re-watch the whole series. I let other people opinions cloud my judgment back then. The only problem I have with the war arc so far is the rough beginning of it and some pacing issues but that's about it.

the beginning was great, but the toooons of flashbacks and asspulls ruined it for me, the rest is alllll been pretty terrible imo. sorry.
bbboi90Mar 26, 2014 8:02 PM
A piece of my brain just shot out of my weiner!- Onodera Punpun
Mar 26, 2014 10:21 PM
Mar 2010
bbboi90 said:
ibrahim2712 said:
tsudecimo said:
Reciprocal said:

Also because it's a bad show of course.

Like Berserk of course.

Did you just say that? Did you just fucking say that? Tell me if you are trolling or if you mean it. You better hope to God that you are trolling, i am about to fucking roast you so bad.

he's been spouting alot of shit about Berserk in the forums here so don't bother about him really. let him be. and there's no need to be bashing here tho.

tsudecimo said:

the beginning was great, but the toooons of flashbacks and asspulls ruined it for me, the rest is alllll been pretty terrible imo. sorry.

Could you mention some of these "asspulls"? curious to know them.
Mar 26, 2014 11:02 PM

Dec 2012
bbboi90 said:

Mention some please.

Why are you saying ''sorry'' I don't really care if you think Naruto is terrible.
Mar 27, 2014 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
People who hate naruto hate naruto simply because they hate naruto. It's that simple.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Mar 27, 2014 2:30 PM

Dec 2012
7thVoid said:
People who hate naruto hate naruto simply because they hate naruto. It's that simple.

Wisest post in this thread.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 27 Discussion

jeanfarias - Feb 4, 2012

14 by Matthappy »»
Jun 3, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 22 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 24, 2012

8 by Matthappy »»
Jun 3, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 1 Discussion

Renton126 - Aug 31, 2009

25 by Rezende1990 »»
May 20, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.