Forum Settings
Forums

Football (Soccer) thread of the season 2012-13

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2013 4:37 AM

Jan 2013
Predicted final: Bayern vs Real
Wished final: Bayern vs any of the other two

I think Barcelona has completely lost it this year. In the last 4 games, only ONE was a good one for them, and they didn't face any team such as Bayern or Man Utd.
I'm a self-taught composer, and here you can find the tracks I've composed so far:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiusdexra

https://soundcloud.com/marko-poskurica

A single click on each one of them would make me really happy!

If you want to make any comment or critic, do it on my profile or as a comment on youtube / soundcloud!
Apr 12, 2013 5:02 AM

Nov 2012
johnyjohny said:
Probably going to be Barca vs Dortmund an Real vs Bayern. Since Fifa is corrupted and want's a big finale with either Barca vs /Bayern or Real so they can cash.
Srry FIFA
Apr 12, 2013 5:32 AM

May 2012
Predictions for top 4 placements?
1. Real
2. Bayern
3. Barca
4. Dortmund
Apr 12, 2013 5:56 AM

Jun 2009
Propu said:
Predicted final: Bayern vs Real
Wished final: Bayern vs any of the other two

I think Barcelona has completely lost it this year. In the last 4 games, only ONE was a good one for them, and they didn't face any team such as Bayern or Man Utd.

This IS Barcelona we are talking about. I think no one should underestimate them.

On german TV Oliver Kahn said something along the lines of "just like the spanish national team they don't seem to be that dominant anymore but they are the kind of team that can play on a whole different level when it REALLY counts" (like Spain during the EURO) and I think that is completely right.

As for Real vs. Dortmund, don't forget that Dortmund did beat them in the group phase.

With those four teams, it can really be anyone that wins it. No clear favourites for me here.
Apr 12, 2013 8:22 AM

Oct 2010
I hope Bayern destroy Barca, but this is a team widely regarded as one of the best in football history. It's going to be a good game, and hopefully the Germans don't choke. I expect a tight win for Munich.

Real Madrid has always been my favourite club outside of the EPL, but I have a lot of respect for Jurgen Klopp and Dortmund's management. I don't mind either team winning, although would probably opt for Dortmund since Real already has nine European cups. As grandy said, Dortmund beat Madrid in the group phase, so anything can happen.
Apr 12, 2013 1:15 PM

Mar 2012
I think the first matchup will depend on how clinical Bayern is. Barca is not going to allow them the amount of possession they're used to, so I don't see them having loads of chances. However, if Bayern's finishing touch is on, they can definitely take it.

I don't see Dortmund overcoming Real, but I'm rooting for them anyway. Underdog stories are the best and, if some players on Dortmund have the performances of their lives with their talent, anything is possible.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 13, 2013 10:01 AM

Nov 2012
Araby said:

I don't see Dortmund overcoming Real, but I'm rooting for them anyway. Underdog stories are the best and, if some players on Dortmund have the performances of their lives with their talent, anything is possible.

I wouldn't exactly call Dortmund underdogs. They may have less experience but they did beat and draw with Madrid.
Their front 3 can hurt any team.
That Reus flick 0.0
Our space is unlimited.
My download speed is not. :(
Apr 22, 2013 11:15 PM

Jun 2009
First semi final today. Damn, I'm already nervous as hell. Is is a bad sign that I dreamt about Barca winning 5-1? :(

This just in: Mario Götze is going to wear the Bayern jersey next season! Now who saw that one coming? That's right, no one did. Apparently he was one of the players Guardiola explicitly wished for.

Let's see how (if at all) this will affect tomorrows game. With Dortmund fans already in a rage I'm pretty sure Götze will get at least some booing.
grandy_UiDApr 23, 2013 3:36 AM
Apr 23, 2013 8:08 AM

Oct 2010
grandy_UiD said:
First semi final today. Damn, I'm already nervous as hell. Is is a bad sign that I dreamt about Barca winning 5-1? :(

This just in: Mario Götze is going to wear the Bayern jersey next season! Now who saw that one coming? That's right, no one did. Apparently he was one of the players Guardiola explicitly wished for.

Let's see how (if at all) this will affect tomorrows game. With Dortmund fans already in a rage I'm pretty sure Götze will get at least some booing.

Really bad timing for the news to come out. I can see this news having a huge effect on the Dortmund/Madrid game tomorrow.

Anyway, rooting for Bayern tonight.
Apr 23, 2013 8:13 AM

May 2012
Don't know why Gotze would leave Dortmund for another team in Bundesliga.

I want Bayern to lose now though and Dortmund to do well/win.
Apr 23, 2013 8:20 AM
Mar 2012
I think they should have held the news out for a little, the fans won't be happy with Götze at the moment, and to Bayern of all teams, this is worse than RvP moving to Man U in terms of how much hate will go over Götze, well, let's hope they can still put up a show against Real.

Hoping Bayern will get a good result in, I think it has been said that Messi is fit, but who knows, though he was supposed to be slightly injured against PSG and he still managed to push his team through. Anyway, this should be good.
Apr 23, 2013 9:38 AM

Jun 2009
And already there are conspiracy theories going around. Supposedly Bayern leaked the information to shift the focus from Uli Hoeneß to the Götze transfer...I find that hard to believe but who knows.

Mkayyy said:
Don't know why Gotze would leave Dortmund for another team in Bundesliga.

I don't quite get this myself to be honest. Talking to other Bayern fans, most of us aren't even that hyped about him becoming a Bayern player.
Apr 23, 2013 9:47 AM

Mar 2012
Champions Leagues days, the best kind of days.

Hope Messi is fit and that it's a score-fest, regardless of who wins.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 23, 2013 11:33 AM

Mar 2013
Bayern and Barcelona warming up for the game atm.

Looking forward to a good game!
Apr 23, 2013 11:46 AM

Mar 2012
Bayern will probably be favorites here but I'm not gonna count Barca out because Messi.
Apr 23, 2013 12:12 PM

May 2008
YESSSSSSS MULLLER!!!!! Valdes shows once again why he is not in the conversation for best keepers in Spain let alone the world.
Apr 23, 2013 12:33 PM

Apr 2011
Bayern's been absolutely awesome. Barca is good, but I think they're gonna lose. Also, two handballs not given for Bayern. I predict at least one more goal in the next half.
Apr 23, 2013 12:34 PM

Jun 2009
1-0 half time...now I would be totally satisfied with this...if that damn ref didn't screw us over >_> that was AT LEAST one penalty because of a hand ball, probably even two.

Barca didn't have a single shot on target but I won't count them out just yet. We'll have to be as concentrated as in the first half then hopefully we can go out of this without conceding a goal.
Apr 23, 2013 12:39 PM

May 2008
The pique one was defiantly a penalty but the second one with Alex would have been very harsh if it was given.
Apr 23, 2013 12:50 PM

Apr 2011
Nabi123 said:
The pique one was defiantly a penalty but the second one with Alex would have been very harsh if it was given.

The one with Alex, his hand was in an awkward position so I think a penalty would be justified. Not harsh, but it was something that could've gone either way and in this case, it went Barca's way.
Apr 23, 2013 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
Oh god I hope Barca is losing I hate it from the bottom of my heart.
Apr 23, 2013 1:13 PM

Jun 2009
Dat Robben!
Apr 23, 2013 1:15 PM

Sep 2012
The second goal was offside, and there was a foul on the third one. Bayern is impressive but they are a bit lucky with those refs.
Apr 23, 2013 1:15 PM

Mar 2012
Messi has looked terrible today. Not something you can say every day.

EDIT: Nice pick, Muller. Haha.
TravSavageApr 23, 2013 1:28 PM
Apr 23, 2013 1:19 PM

Sep 2012
TravSavage said:
Messi has looked terrible today.

Yeah, that reminds me how he played when Germany destroyed Argentina in WC 2010.
Apr 23, 2013 1:23 PM

May 2012
HOLYSHIT! Did not expect 4-0 lol that's some crazy score. 2nd goal was offside though /:

Jun 2009
Müller you are the hero!

Mar 2013
Barca has conceded 3 goals, 2nd one looked offside and the 3rd one was absolute bullshit because one of the players blocked the defender which then let to Robben scoring.

Score - 3-0 Bayern winning.

[EDIT] Muller just scored in the 81st minute, 4-0.
Apr 23, 2013 1:24 PM

Mar 2012
I really can't recall the last time I've seen Barca play this awful. It's like they forgot how to football.
Apr 23, 2013 1:25 PM

May 2012
I wonder how many bets have been lost over this game lol. No one would have expected 4-0.
Apr 23, 2013 1:26 PM

Mar 2013
I expected Bayern to win, but not by this much, they will probably score another, we'll see.
Apr 23, 2013 1:27 PM

May 2012
AussiePika said:
the 3rd one was absolute bullshit because one of the players blocked the defender which then let to Robben scoring..
There's nothing wrong with that, it was perfectly fine what Muller did. If anything it was extremely clever.
Apr 23, 2013 1:28 PM

Mar 2013
Mkayyy said:

It just didn't look right, it's like "oh, im just going to stand here and let my friend get past and score"
If he didn't get in the way like that, the defender, whoever it was, probably would of stopped Robben scoring.

Bayerns been playing dirty half the game anyway.
Apr 23, 2013 1:30 PM

Jun 2009
Mkayyy said:
AussiePika said:
the 3rd one was absolute bullshit because one of the players blocked the defender which then let to Robben scoring..
There's nothing wrong with that, it was perfectly fine what Muller did. If anything it was extremely clever.

naw, it really was a foul.

Now we have:
one clear handball and one that was open for discussion

vs.

a goal after an obvious foul and one that was slightly offside

I'd say we're about even, probably a bit lucky but that doesn' change the fact that this was a brilliant performance by Bayern, especially in the defensive/tactical department.
Apr 23, 2013 1:32 PM

Mar 2012
Haha, Jordi LOLba.
Apr 23, 2013 1:32 PM

May 2012
AussiePika said:
Mkayyy said:

It just didn't look right, it's like "oh, im just going to stand here and let my friend get past and score"
If he didn't get in the way like that, the defender, whoever it was, probably would of stopped Robben scoring.

Bayerns been playing dirty half the game anyway.
Whether you say it's dirty or not it's being clever. If Muller had pushed then fair enough but all he did was stand there and it's not his fault that he blocked off the defender.
Apr 23, 2013 1:35 PM

Mar 2013
No worries though, Bayern played very well.
Enjoyed the game, but Messi didn't get the ball very much, when he did, he just got traped inbetween bayerns defenders and would lose it.

Well played both teams.
Apr 23, 2013 1:36 PM

Apr 2011
The fuck was Jordi Alba thinking throwing the ball in Robben's face? With a 4 goal deficit nonetheless. Absolutely stupid. Yeah, the third goal was definitely controversial, but I like that as a neutral. It added some spice to the game.
Apr 23, 2013 1:37 PM

May 2012
grandy_UiD said:
Mkayyy said:
AussiePika said:

naw, it really was a foul.
Dude many people block and all Muller did was stand there, he didn't push nor did he forcefully stop the defender.
Apr 23, 2013 1:39 PM

Mar 2013
yhunata said:
The fuck was Jordi Alba thinking throwing the ball in Robben's face? With a 4 goal deficit nonetheless. Absolutely stupid. Yeah, the third goal was definitely controversial, but I like that as a neutral. It added some spice to the game.

Hahaha, I just saw the replay before, I bet he didn't know where he was throwing it, he just threw it up blindly and it happened to hit Robben's face.
Apr 23, 2013 1:42 PM

Jun 2009
grandy_UiD said:

No. No it wasn't.

This is totally surreal, it's almost as if I'm dreaming now...match made me get a feeling so complicated.
Apr 23, 2013 1:44 PM

Apr 2011
AussiePika said:
yhunata said:

Hahaha, I just saw the replay before, I bet he didn't know where he was throwing it, he just threw it up blindly and it happened to hit Robben's face.

Still, you gotta be careful with people like Robben around.
Apr 23, 2013 1:50 PM

Mar 2012
yhunata said:

Case in point.

Apr 23, 2013 1:51 PM

Apr 2011
TravSavage said:
yhunata said:

Case in point.

Still not as good as Sergio "Peek-A-Boo" Busquets.
Apr 23, 2013 1:55 PM

Mar 2012
I am not adept of Barça football, so whenever they loose makes me happy.
1 penalty to mark in Bayern favor and two irregular goals.
Barça lost because their football was slow & predictable.
Apr 23, 2013 1:59 PM

Mar 2013
yhunata said:
TravSavage said:
yhunata said:

Case in point.

Still not as good as Sergio "Peek-A-Boo" Busquets.

^
Apr 23, 2013 2:08 PM

Mar 2012
Barca were shite. Bayern were solid, but not top class. They were lucky at least two of those goals counted. Second leg will probably be a snooze-fest.

More importantly, let's go Dortmund!

TravSavage said:
Haha, Jordi LOLba.
That was awesome. Robben really is annoying, haha.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 23, 2013 2:10 PM
Mar 2012
Haha at those two gifs, that yellow card which Sanchez got pissed me off though, Robben and his antics.

But 4-0, what the hell. I really thought it would be a close game, it was unsure whether Messi was going to be in form, which he wasn't, but even if he was. I am not sure whether he could play past Dante. And GG Muller, those two goals, that was attacking football at its finest.

I got a bit bored after the 3-0 though, the return will be a bore now, which kind of sucks, for a neutral viewer. But while watching the commentator said something peculiar: "Is this the end of the proud Catalans and their era as we know it?" I think Bayern might be the team to beat next year, not Barca. I wonder how many hours there will be spent in devising a sure win tactic.

Anyway, tomorrow Real - Dortmund, let's hope that it won't be as one-sided, and that Götze wont't be received that poorly.
Apr 23, 2013 2:13 PM

Mar 2012
SetsukoHara said:
Yeah, that reminds me how he played when Germany destroyed Argentina in WC 2010.
Really? I recall Messi playing really well that game. I remember thinking it was so weird when people were saying, "I guess he can't perform on the world stage," because he was performing. I could be misremembering though.

Karpman said:
and that Götze wont't be received that poorly.
Yeah, it's pretty stupid that they released that info now of all times.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 23, 2013 2:27 PM

Oct 2010
Mkayyy said:
Dude many people block and all Muller did was stand there, he didn't push nor did he forcefully stop the defender.

Sorry, but you're wrong. He clearly obstructed the player - it wasn't as if Müller was just standing there and couldn't do anything. It was a clear foul, and goal should've been disallowed.

Karpman said:
Haha at those two gifs, that yellow card which Sanchez got pissed me off though, Robben and his antics.

Sanchez was all over him, you can't really argue that that wasn't a yellow card. I'm assuming it was Robben's reaction after the foul that annoyed you?

But yeah, luck for both teams that game. Bayern had one penalty disallowed (I don't count the second appeal, and I'm sure some of you won't in retrospect either), but Barca conceded two goals that shouldn't have been (although the second goal looked pretty tight). Lots of yellow cards handed out aswell, many of which were needless to give away (Alba comes to mind). Overall though, I can't argue that Bayern didn't deserve to be 4 - 0 up. They were all over Barca, and other than one or two attempts, Barca didn't look like scoring.

Araby said:
SetsukoHara said:
Really? I recall Messi playing really well that game. I remember thinking it was so weird when people were saying, "I guess he can't perform on the world stage," because he was performing. I could be misremembering though.

You're right Araby. Messi played well that game, taking on 3 - 4 players a time and covering large distances, it was just he had little to work with. In contrast to today's game, Messi was very quiet. He had a hard time dealing with the physical presence that Bayern possess.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.