Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 15, 2015 7:35 PM

Jul 2013
The song was nice in the episode. So we got finally to the point where Sawako will confess her feelings towards Kazehaya. And noce Ryu x Chizu moment <3 :)

Dec 10, 2016 9:53 AM

Mar 2014
Sawako quoted Ai Enma this episode.

Mamiko Noto
Nov 12, 2017 5:31 AM

Nov 2016
I will stay skeptical unless I've seen the next episode. Plenty of things could happen to ruin this build up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2018 1:32 AM

Feb 2017
That cliffhanger... I hope there is no some sort of misunderstanding or interuption again next episode.
Oct 11, 2018 9:21 PM
Aug 2018
RASIE YOUR HAND IF YOU THINK BOTH KAZEHAYA AND SAWAKO ARE DUMB AND KURIMI IS THE ONLY LOGICAL PERSON
Dec 15, 2018 9:55 AM

Oct 2017
The school festival is creeping ever closer and everyone is working as hard as ever, even Sawako and Kazehaya, who are still dealing with their inner problems.

I really liked the scene with the OP playing in the background, that’s always nice. And I loved Ryu’s gift to Chizu for her birthday. It was a cute little charm bracelet. I wish he’d confess to her already lol.

In no time at all, the school festival starts. I think it’d be cool if we had these in America lol. Sawako’s black magic cafe is pretty popular. She cleared so many peoples auras lol.

Kento walks in on Sawako while she’s alone and tells her his true intentions, that he thought she’d never get with someone like Kazehaya, that he’d never date someone like her, so he tried pulling the two apart. He also tells her that it seems the only one she’s put a wall between is herself and Kazehaya. He’s not wrong there.

Sawako begins to reflect on Kazehaya and who he is to her. She starts to realize that it doesn’t matter how popular he is or if he likes someone else. That doesn’t matter to her anymore. She wants to properly tell him all her feelings, no matter what the outcome is. Looks like we’ll finally get her confession next time.
Feb 8, 2019 9:10 PM

Jul 2016
Well, finally some determination from Sawako's part... 10 days after the events from the last episode but well.

All in all, this episode was good and although it was short, I really liked the scene with Ryuu giving Chizu her birthday present. It's a shame their relationship has been neglected during this season tho.
Jan 2, 2020 2:34 PM
Jul 2013
Confession>confusion
The amount of Mamiko Noto noises has peaked this episode.
I wanted to see some more of Sadako fortune telling. Instead we got an awful amount of animation recycling.
Ryuu and Chizu, you watch and learn so you don't mess up.
matheoo41Jan 2, 2020 2:38 PM
Jan 12, 2020 5:56 PM
Apr 2016
I HATE this anime...WHY ARE THEY CONSTANTLY PULLING THE GUM? I am tired of this crap, just confess properly and then elaborately explain THAT YOU MEAN IT IN A ROMANTIC WAY.
Mar 13, 2020 3:16 PM
Jun 2015
I'm so glad I didnt watch this in real time. I sympathize with everyone who had to wait a month for them to FINALLY get it together. There's no way they should have gone that long thinking they were both rejected (especially after telling multiple people they were both rejected)
Mar 4, 2021 7:36 AM

Jun 2020
Ryu giving Chizu the bracelet was soooo cute. Swoooooon best boiiiii

Kazehaya my sunshine boy. I want to see his smile again!!!!! Also that cinematography was nicely done this episode. That was bittersweet when Sawako was running into the building & Kurumi walked out of it.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 2, 2021 6:28 PM

Jan 2021
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 13, 2021 6:28 PM
Oct 2017
I'm just so confused by why there's never any fisticuffs because people be crossing FAR too many lines. No one gets cussed out just a stern talking or interrogated after consistent 💩 talking and blatant sabotage. Utterly ridiculous.
Sep 12, 2021 12:23 PM

Jun 2020
On one hand, there was a lot of good progress in this episode and Sawako finally realises that the only thing holding her relationship with Kazehaya back was herself.

I particularly enjoyed Kento actually successfully playing the cool dude and giving Sawako the boost she needed. My view on that guy has done a complete 180.

On the other hand, there was an awful lot of flashbacks and still images as filler.

The worst thing about this anime isn't the characters (all lovable) or the plot, it's the amount of wasted time that leads to solutions being solved by dramatic exposition a la this episode when it could have been solved naturally.
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Jan 2, 2023 11:01 AM

Apr 2019
I have high expectations in an episode with the key word of the show's title in it: Todoke. The good news is that the director made some significant changes. The main narrative vehicle now is visual story telling, to the point much of the episode uses montage format without (even inner) dialog. The nicest example is the brief scene where Ryuu gifts a bracelet to Chizuru, resulting in her smile. No words needed to express either party's emotions. This is all pretty well done. At the end, when Sawako runs trough the school corridors, it is pushed a little too far. Yet overall, I like it.

Plot wise, we see preparation and execution of the annual school festival. Sawako is in a responsible role here, in both coordinating the work and in the "occult café" theme. It turns out that she and the gang meanwhile are versed well enough in emphathy and psychology they can give advice to others, in their role as fortune tellers. Sawako has come a long way seems to be the message here.

In her emotional development, she becomes aware of "the wall" that grew between her and Kazehaya. She also starts to de-mystify him, in her own words: he's not a god, he's just a boy. There's plenty of inner monologue about these themes, accompanied by visual metaphors. It's pretty much this episode where she overcomes her old personality, the many little changes of the last year come together for a leap. Last scene show her energetically running (melodrama alert, run don't walk) towards the classroom where Kazehaya is. She wants to confess, and she wants to do it actively.

Jun 17, 2023 1:57 AM
Apr 2023
the miscommunication in this anime is killing me
Aug 17, 2023 10:31 AM
Sep 2022
This series goes beyond slowburn into straight up tomfoolery. It’s been THIRTY THREE episodes of miscommunication.
Dec 16, 2023 3:39 AM

Oct 2022
As much as I hate all the frustrations and annoyances that led up to this point, I'm actually glad Sawako cleared things up in her mind first before diving into a relationship.. her inferiority complex wouldve been a much bigger obstacle if she still had it while dating Kazehaya.
UndefeatedBahamut
May 9, 8:08 PM
Jan 2024
Eu vou comer o cu de quem fez essa merda
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Feb 22, 2011

157 by Abyss_Souls »»
May 9, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 29, 2011

102 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 25, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 15, 2011

212 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 24, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 25, 2011

149 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 24, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2011

182 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.