Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2020 9:57 AM

Dec 2015
The show is definitely doing great but wow, some people are definitely exaggerating. I can see why some say it's AOTS, considering we have a really weak season, but to say it's a AOTY contender or anything like is definitely a stretch. Let's not forget that the story so far is really shounen formulaic, which already makes it really difficult for me to give it a 8/10 at some point, let alone say it's some kind of masterpiece and gave a 9/10. Let's not make this into another Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Oct 10, 2020 10:27 AM

Dec 2018
Maybe story is pretty standard but we getting like one per year animes like this, and usually with a lot worse animation so I am fine with that. The same as with Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Oct 10, 2020 11:26 AM

Sep 2018
This episode is also convincing: the narration, although the plot is not original, was an alternation of serious and funny situations, which in the end you don't know whether to laugh or be serious in front of what you are watching, however it does not bore the episode and manages to involve you even though I don't like the protagonist who feels compelled to fight evil at any cost so on the spot, is a bit forced from the point of view of the script. I don't like chara design, but the animations are really great, the characters are too funny in their interactions with others. The premises for another good episode are high, given the advances made in the last minutes of the episode.
Oct 10, 2020 11:38 AM
Apr 2020
damn mappa is going all out in this adaptation
the art the animation the music the adaptation panel by pane.............l sooo gooooooooooood unlike some shitty worst anime of the year "shit of high school "
Oct 10, 2020 11:46 AM

Dec 2012
This really enjoyable to watch and feels refreshing compared to the rest of this anime season. The characters are all well done, I love the dynamic they got going on between them. Satoru is a badass and doing the reversed Kakashi, haha.

edit: also I agree with the rest here, that ED is a banger
SuitedupOct 10, 2020 11:50 AM
Oct 10, 2020 12:14 PM

Apr 2014
Decided to watch both episodes 1 and 2. So far I think it does not seem bad. Or it could be decent. Hope I do not regret this. But I will see to that once we get further into the series.
Oct 10, 2020 12:24 PM

Nov 2012
badabass said:
dragynfaerie said:
He didn't once ask if there was another way. He accepted eating 1,000 year old people jerky no questions..

It seemed Itadori had no choice, like that Satoru sensei said, he only had two choices, no exception. As a good MC, ofc he chose it as his better solution. XD

Yeah but you'd think he'd be like soooo I definitely have to eat this?
Oct 10, 2020 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
DeepRiver said:
BismarkAJH said:
Boring episode. Basically nothing happened and it wasn't fun. Things are looking up in the trailer though, hopefully the next episode gets better.

Btw, I can't help but feel that the fight sequences are similar to those from God of Highschool, unfortunately I haven't seen enough anime to tell if it's top tier, standard or bad, maybe it was the fact that there was no meaning to that fight that bored me but in this episode I think it looks pretty bad.

I know everyone is entitled to his opinion, but BOY, straight up saiying that nothing happened is a joke that isnt even funny. This episode was packed with content and with a clear sense of progression/direction:

Establishing MC goals adding nuances to him? check
Introducing and establicing new core cast members? check
Introducing lore elements that are vital for the story? check
Setting up what the overall story is going to be about?check

Basically is what any good story should do a its beggining, and all in a very smooth way. Last episode was nothing compared to this, we didnt knew about anything, now we are talking.

Also the fight sequences are some of the best the industry could offer, only matched with Demon Slayer, OPM S1, Mob Psycho 100, and some of the best Naruto fights.

Then let me correct myself: I find, in particular, that the Itadori enrollment thing boring, not the part where he was told he had to swallow 20 fingers to survive. Itadori enrolling at this school didn't make anybody any more real or different as characters, it only paved the way for later plot by giving us all these new information. By itself it's dull and serves only as a tool for upcoming plot without depth, that's what is boring.
Oct 10, 2020 1:07 PM

Dec 2009
No personal space. During these COVID-19 days such scenes make me cringe... But! This one just makes me go doki-doki and enhances my (yaoi) shipping tendencies.

And! The ED was just WOW!!
Oct 10, 2020 1:14 PM

Sep 2017
Kind of an interesting concept. Though shouldn't ppl be questing if jackoff here will be able to control Sakuma after he's downed like 7 fingers? Seems like a pretty important detail to consider. Also the ending is pretty cool.
Oct 10, 2020 1:27 PM
Jul 2019
loved it!! better than what i expected to be
ghojo-sensei is so cool,already become my fav character of the show.
fighting sequence were well executed,ED was good,looking forward for the
next episode
Oct 10, 2020 2:05 PM
Jul 2016
BismarkAJH said:
DeepRiver said:

I know everyone is entitled to his opinion, but BOY, straight up saiying that nothing happened is a joke that isnt even funny. This episode was packed with content and with a clear sense of progression/direction:

Establishing MC goals adding nuances to him? check
Introducing and establicing new core cast members? check
Introducing lore elements that are vital for the story? check
Setting up what the overall story is going to be about?check

Basically is what any good story should do a its beggining, and all in a very smooth way. Last episode was nothing compared to this, we didnt knew about anything, now we are talking.

Also the fight sequences are some of the best the industry could offer, only matched with Demon Slayer, OPM S1, Mob Psycho 100, and some of the best Naruto fights.

Then let me correct myself: I find, in particular, that the Itadori enrollment thing boring, not the part where he was told he had to swallow 20 fingers to survive. Itadori enrolling at this school didn't make anybody any more real or different as characters, it only paved the way for later plot by giving us all these new information. By itself it's dull and serves only as a tool for upcoming plot without depth, that's what is boring.

But how is gonna pade the plot, if until this very episode we didnt had ANY plot to begin with? are you aware that this is just the second episode out of 24 right? some stories needs to take his time to establishing anything necesary before going into high gear, last episode was just an abstract chain of events that leaved endless questions in the air, this episode answers these questions, this episode gives us the PLOT, so by default, all that information gives depth and form to this story and everything is delivered in a very organic way

Also Itadori enrolling in the school is important because again, it establish the setting and how it works, again is only episode two, and is all basic set up for a story like this, Deku from MHA lasted about 5 episodes to finally be in his school, so things are going more to the point in here, this also serves to make Itadori reflextion and putting his head straight, because if you are going to do this quest just cuz your grandpa told yo, is just a wrong minset, that was needed for a change. But to each his own i guess.
Oct 10, 2020 3:28 PM

Aug 2018
The ED was smooth and groovy. I liked it quite a bit.
Whimsical sensei is my fav character so far.
Been waiting for a badass shounen anime to watch lately... I'm not mad at it, at all!
Oct 10, 2020 4:10 PM
Jul 2018
this is gonna be one of the best shounen released this year, otherwise... the best!
really creating great expectations about this anime *-*
Oct 10, 2020 4:14 PM

Jun 2020
I like the premise, seems like it'll be a interesting story. The ED animation and art is badass. Very original.
Oct 10, 2020 4:28 PM

Apr 2020
Normie92 said:
Merve2Love said:
Looking like it's going to be a classic Shōnen , with enhanced Animation^^

Mc is a prodigy, while beeing kind of slow and overly honest/courageous

We've got the laid back, strong, masked Sensei

We've got the Rival/Best Friend already pushing

There is the 3 Man-Squad Mission coming up (just guessing)

And we've got the School Setting, for exposition and training between missions, as well^^

Some might say this is *generic* ...but these were and STILL are some of the ingredients that made me fall in Love with the Shōnen Genre. I think it's gonna be great.

Not to mention the important ones..

The orphaned highschooler trope (parents never seem to exist in such scenarios xD)
The demonic curse that the MC will use to defeat evil...
The zealous and naive desire to save humanity (hero complex)
Indeed, i do love shounen for those things too. I love shounen anime who have battle tournaments as well. So let's hope that's part of their training..

God bless , people like you are actually mentioning the REAL importent ones. Thanks^^
Oct 10, 2020 6:09 PM

Apr 2020
Normie92 said:
Merve2Love said:
God bless , people like you are actually mentioning the REAL importent ones. Thanks^^

Nah i only mentioned the usual tropes xD The ones you mentioned were important as well haha
Anyways, i have a feeling i'll enjoy this anime quite a bit tbh :D

One of the downsides of sarcasm is...

if you don't understand it, you look pretty silly^^
Oct 10, 2020 6:13 PM

Jun 2020
I guess I'm in the minority, but I found this episode kinda boring after the initial fight scene. I much preferred the first episode because it was predictable in a more enjoyable way (and also packed a few small surprises). But, it's the requisite "MC transfers to magic school episode" that shounen must have, so they didn't really have much of a choice.

Honestly this series surpassed my expectations. I've been disappointed by a lot of anime recently and this one is honestly really solid in terms of writing, story beats, pacing and emotional arc within the episodes. I'm not a huge fan of the character designs, but I can live with them (I prefer things that are either more stylized or less stylized and this falls right in the center, in the area of anime style I care for the least, haha). The animation is good but it's not noteworthy. But the writing, especially the little tiny details... that's the stuff that makes or breaks an anime and I think this one is doing really well in that department (so far). I'm excited for more.
Oct 10, 2020 6:38 PM

Jul 2020
Okay the whole episode was lit. But the ED man the visuals and the song were amazing. I just wanted to get up and dance.
Oct 10, 2020 7:24 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
dragynfaerie said:

Yea, definitely. Because he doesn't have any other choice. its not so hard. Its just, he mostly hold the typical shounen characteristic without wasting time thinking much the consequency. XD
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 10, 2020 8:26 PM

Nov 2012
badabass said:
dragynfaerie said:

Yea, definitely. Because he doesn't have any other choice. its not so hard. Its just, he mostly hold the typical shounen characteristic without wasting time thinking much the consequency. XD

Well, that's true. pretty sure I'd die early or at least be seriously wounded in every shounen there is. I'd be the no named ensign that beams down to the planet with the main cast in like every Star Trek. lol
Oct 10, 2020 8:33 PM
Feb 2018
If you dont like it, dont watch it.
Oct 10, 2020 8:40 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
dragynfaerie said:
badabass said:

Well, that's true. pretty sure I'd die early or at least be seriously wounded in every shounen there is. I'd be the no named ensign that beams down to the planet with the main cast in like every Star Trek. lol

No, you won't die by eating that, at least some major disease awaits you. Lol.
Honestly, this might be off topic already. So i might ended up my reply here.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 10, 2020 9:18 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, that ED exudes so much swag. Already among my favorite ones for this season.

Overall, way better than the first episode. Action sequences were fantastic and I'm finding Yuuji's sense of duty quite respectable. The chemistry between our three main guys is also rather pleasant to see.
Oct 10, 2020 10:19 PM
Jul 2018
DeepRiver said:
BismarkAJH said:

But how is gonna pade the plot, if until this very episode we didnt had ANY plot to begin with? are you aware that this is just the second episode out of 24 right? some stories needs to take his time to establishing anything necesary before going into high gear, last episode was just an abstract chain of events that leaved endless questions in the air, this episode answers these questions, this episode gives us the PLOT, so by default, all that information gives depth and form to this story and everything is delivered in a very organic way

Also Itadori enrolling in the school is important because again, it establish the setting and how it works, again is only episode two, and is all basic set up for a story like this, Deku from MHA lasted about 5 episodes to finally be in his school, so things are going more to the point in here, this also serves to make Itadori reflextion and putting his head straight, because if you are going to do this quest just cuz your grandpa told yo, is just a wrong minset, that was needed for a change. But to each his own i guess.
Will Itadori behave any differently in later fights if this episode doesn’t happen? I don’t think so. If what the principal taught Itadori was actually important, then it should take its time to elaborate how important that is to Itadori by putting the notion into practice, instead of him saying it out loud so fast. This makes him changing his mindset as cheap as other new things introduced. I like stories and definitely don’t mind setups, but I don’t like loads of information stuffed to me like this. The rest of the enrollment filled us in and nothing else, he could also fight in an us special task force, or he could fight by entering a world of magicians. In fact, do you really care if He entered Hogwarts but not this school? Put him in these scenarios with only characters from episode one, there is no difference. Itadori still finds everything around him new, he still asks:”is this Tokyo?”, he still gets tested by a figure similar to the principal, he still finds his dorm room next to that guy’s. We were given a clear enough idea that a big organization exits, what is the point putting Itadori through this if no matter the case he would react the exact same way anyway? It doesn’t matter how other shows were executed, by itself it’s boring.

Also you made me sound like I’m critical of the entire show. It’s just this one episode I don’t like, not the show as a whole, I haven’t read the manga but I actually think this should turn out fine. If even this cannot convince you, then you win, I give up. There’s really no point arguing over something I find boring and you don’t.
Oct 10, 2020 10:56 PM

Jul 2020
The animation, the pacing, the music, the fights, the characters are all looking pretty good. Hope it turns out to be a very good show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2020 11:31 PM

Apr 2020
Sensei was amazing...
Super excited for the next episode.
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
Oct 10, 2020 11:34 PM
Aug 2016
I feel that Jujutsu Kaisen has a totally different setting than other shonen anime in the recent years, i am not sure if it is because of the modern setting.

I like how it keep every conversation short and progress with actual content, this is what i am looking for.

Nice!
Oct 11, 2020 12:36 AM

Oct 2008
so pour MC Itadori likes the type of girls like Jennifer Laurence! lolz!
looks like the third first year is a tough girl huh...
so that Gojou Satoru Jujutsu teacher seems to be overpowered huh...
5/5.

Oct 11, 2020 12:45 AM
Jul 2020
Seriously didn't expect that kind of ED song with the whole supernatural demon curse thing in the series

Can't wait for next week!
Oct 11, 2020 12:46 AM

Apr 2020
Yuji Itadori now meets Satoru to discuss about the situation that he's in. He can actually control the demons that possess him, which I think is dope. And now we get the main plot of Jujutsu Kaisen, our MC needs to collect all 20 fingers and once he's done, he'll get executed by the Jujutsu for that happy ending. That is a clever way to twist a Hero's Journey.

He easily accepts the life-changing task he is given, which is again going back to the dying wish of his grandpa, to help as much as he can to the people around him. He now moves to Jujutsu Tech in Tokyo where he will stay with the team to collect Sukuna's fingers. Before he left his hometown, he made a farewell to his friends that got involved with the last episode's mess. The principal is also a cool dude. He challenged Yuji's resolve, and now our MC finally realize his reason to be the curse to end all curses. And with that, the mission begins. Next episode, we'll be introduced to Nobara.

Jujutsu Kaisen is the hype show of the season. MAPPA has truly proven themselves this year.

And about that ED...IT'S FANTASTICALLY FUCKING GREAT!!! That is a menial way to animate an ED, it's a rare style in anime but glad they made it like that. The sound has some thick grooves glad they pick up with the trend, it blends so well with the rocking OP. Oh there are also dance moves in the ED, it can be an opportunity for some fans if they want to pick it up and put it into Twitter or TikTok.

Anyways another great episode. Hope you don't mind that this was another long one, if the episode gets me damn well, it deserves a long topic.
Oct 11, 2020 2:01 AM

Aug 2020
Nice addition of the mortuary scene. Mappa is really doing a great job
Oct 11, 2020 2:02 AM
Apr 2020
All of the aspects are top tier.. the animation, the character development, the comedy, and the story is pretty interesting too... Hope mappa can maintain this quality
Oct 11, 2020 3:37 AM

Oct 2020
I literally thought that the teacher will be a serious type character but he is a happy go lucky type of guy. I enjoy this anime so far. (9/10)
Oct 11, 2020 3:50 AM

Dec 2013
First 2 eps were really well done and that ED is a banger!!

I'm really enjoying all the characters so far. Hope to see more of Fushiguro & the other 1st year next episode.
Oct 11, 2020 4:02 AM

Oct 2017
Satoru Gojou's opaf and Nobara's finally here.
Oct 11, 2020 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
for now, it's going pretty well... and those two fight scenes (Sukuna vs. Gojo / Masamichi vs. Yuji) were terrific, very dynamical and interesting!
about the characters, I'm loving all of them, even the principal of Tokyo Jujutsu College; very anxious to know Nobara character!
Oct 11, 2020 8:44 AM

Jul 2014
I am really torn on this series. I love some parts of it, but I dislike the shounen in it.
There're too few ambitious mystical city fantasy series, so the setting feels fresh. (We get a lot of youkai, but it's usually toned down.)
I like parts of characterization: the connection between the MC and his grandpa, that the MC has a distinctive personality and appearance, the eyeband teacher guy.
The fights are great, the art is atmospheric.

But then it's held down by shounen tropes painfully. And I mean, I like shounen, but not here.
I detest the MCs motivation. He was over the death of his grandpa too fast (he's too chill in the first ep, he eats another finger right besides his bones, takin a break in picking them), and the idea "I am strong so I will go save people" is not something that is easy to empathize with or take seriously tbh.
He's way too super from the start. The last two points make him an inhuman self-insert power trip, if you look at him uncharitably. He's chill, funny, stylish, special, super strong, yet laid back and highly moral.
I def didn't need a whole jujutsu school, a school is not necessary in this series period.
The goofy kappa zombies were not necessary (they are not funny, imo).

It would have been great if the main character had had a genuine personal motivation and/or showed more distress whn it's realistic. As of now I still enjoy the visuals, but am quickly losing my optimism for the plot.
Oct 11, 2020 9:41 AM

Jan 2017
When you are already sold on the anime and they give you the best ED since ages!

MAPPA is doing their magic again!!!
Oct 11, 2020 11:01 AM

Dec 2014
this really a good anime
Oct 11, 2020 11:16 AM

Jan 2010
That was a pretty specific type of girl he likes, he even has a wallpaper lol.
Oct 11, 2020 11:36 AM
Jul 2009
deadoptimist said:
I am really torn on this series. I love some parts of it, but I dislike the shounen in it.
There're too few ambitious mystical city fantasy series, so the setting feels fresh. (We get a lot of youkai, but it's usually toned down.)
I like parts of characterization: the connection between the MC and his grandpa, that the MC has a distinctive personality and appearance, the eyeband teacher guy.

But then it's held down by shounen tropes painfully. And I mean, I like shounen, but not here.
I detest the MCs motivation. He was over the death of his grandpa too fast (he's too chill in the first ep, he eats another finger right besides his bones, takin a break in picking them), and the idea "I am strong so I will go save people" is not something that is easy to empathize with or take seriously tbh.
He's way too super from the start. The last two points make him an inhuman self-insert power trip, if you look at him uncharitably. He's chill, funny, stylish, special, super strong, yet laid back and highly moral.
I def didn't need a whole jujutsu school, a school is not necessary in this series period.

It would have been great if the main character had had a genuine personal motivation and/or showed more distress whn it's realistic. As of now I still enjoy the visuals, but am quickly losing my optimism for the plot.

Yeah, just wait until the main villains start appearing. The story isn't anything original, but it is pretty entertaining once it start moving. If by the Junpei arc, which the anime should be entering around the end of the 1st cour, you still don't like it, that means this series just isn't for you. Btw, this is based on a Shonen Jump manga, so if you're looking for something with less shonen tropes, you're looking in the wrong place
Koshi_InabaOct 11, 2020 11:40 AM
Oct 11, 2020 11:39 AM

Aug 2018
That ed was really something
_______I like rocks__
Oct 11, 2020 12:56 PM

Apr 2018
That fight between Gojou and Sakuna was insane. The animation looks really nice. Yuuji now knows his fate and has to collect all Sakuna fingers before he dies. That ending song slaps hard as well.
Oct 11, 2020 1:03 PM

Dec 2016
LOVE THAT ED!!
The way the characters were introduced and the way Itadori and Satoru danced, it was so fun to watch! Even in Taiso Zamurai the characters are dancing in the OP, MAPPA's now in the mood to make the characters dance in the OP and ED XD

That interview with the Principal was quite deep, I like it.

Sukuna is now acting like Migi XD

How Itadori and Satoru teases Fushiguro time to time XD

That new character in the end resembles Petra a lot.
Oct 11, 2020 2:41 PM
Jul 2020
deadoptimist said:

a motivação do mc que é o ponto, ele vai se questionar o pq ele está fazendo isso
Oct 11, 2020 3:03 PM
May 2019
XXXXXXXXXIII said:
So far everything has been as shounen as it can get. Hope we can get something different down the line.

I think that this anime is going to hit a lot more dark and mature than you're expecting. That's something that sets it apart from other Shonen for me is the willingness to tackle the darkest subjects in a tasteful meaningful way. But you'll just have to see it all unfold!
Oct 11, 2020 10:09 PM
Feb 2020
Not sure what it was, but first episode didn't sell it, second one did
Oct 11, 2020 10:47 PM
Apr 2016
Dude... could the Naruto influence be any more obvious?!
Oct 11, 2020 11:35 PM
Nov 2018
mappa flexing with this show, hopefully they can keep it up. that ED aesthetic is awesome. the cute stuffed animal beating the shit outta yuuji was hilarious.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Oct 30, 2020

293 by Phinyxia »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2020

332 by Phinyxia »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

277 by Phinyxia »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 19, 2020

495 by Phinyxia »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

352 by LuffyHammock94 »»
May 22, 8:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.