Forum Settings
Forums

What is the best compliment to give to a girl?

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 12, 2015 6:45 AM

Jun 2014
Grubelgrub said:
Ok. I''l go with "Smegma is discusting, don't offer it to girls," then ^^

That's kinda better. Then again those with libido already saw your original post lol.
May 12, 2015 6:48 AM

Sep 2014
damastah said:
Grubelgrub said:
Ok. I''l go with "Smegma is discusting, don't offer it to girls," then ^^

That's kinda better. Then again those with libido already saw your original post lol.

True. Oh well, what can you do (I'll do it differently next time though XD)
May 12, 2015 6:50 AM

Feb 2015
Baby I just want chu back
I want chu back
I want you back

Baby I know its too late
Its just too late
Its just too late
May 12, 2015 6:51 AM

Jun 2014
Grubelgrub said:
damastah said:

Lol yeah just a heads up~
May 12, 2015 6:57 AM

Sep 2014
damastah said:
Grubelgrub said:

Lol yeah just a heads up~

Thanks dude. I saw it the minute you commented on it. Very unintentional I'm-collecting-stalkers-wording....
May 12, 2015 7:15 AM

Feb 2015
I like being told that I have good taste in anime-manga or that I'm gundam/mecha goddess lol
May 12, 2015 8:37 AM

Feb 2014
I think that the way you say it is more important than the compliment itself.
May 12, 2015 8:59 AM

Oct 2008
Nice mustache?
May 12, 2015 9:06 AM

Oct 2014
I think it depends on the girl. But a compliment of a non-sexual thing you notice about a girl is usually warmly met.
"Dakimakura aren't meant for fucking." -Moog, January 2015

When a site's moderators warn you for condemning a troll, you know their moderators need to be changed out.
May 12, 2015 9:07 AM

Sep 2013
Wayponpon said:
I think it depends on the girl. But a compliment of a non-sexual thing you notice about a girl is usually warmly met.
"I find you very appealing in a non-sexual manner."
May 12, 2015 9:08 AM

Jun 2014
Vargr said:
Nice mustache?

And a few minutes later you have a stinging red hand mark on your cheek.
May 12, 2015 9:14 AM

Sep 2013
damastah said:
Vargr said:
Nice mustache?
And a few minutes later you have a stinging red hand mark on your cheek.
Some girls just can't take a compliment.
May 12, 2015 9:24 AM
May 2015
Doamnă, am posibilitatea de a vă invita la cina asta?
----"Masturbarea" "sex" este o fată insultă

May 12, 2015 9:31 AM

Oct 2014
Drugs said:
Wayponpon said:
Yes, brilliant take away from what I said. You have a very bright future ahead of you with that level of thought power.

Hopefully from the bright lights of a semi-truck heading your way in on-coming traffic.

When a site's moderators warn you for condemning a troll, you know their moderators need to be changed out.
May 12, 2015 9:36 AM

Feb 2015
Tell her that you'd love to eat her over any other girl.
Hello
May 12, 2015 9:38 AM

Sep 2013
Wayponpon said:
Drugs said:
Yes, brilliant take away from what I said. You have a very bright future ahead of you with that level of thought power.

Hopefully from the bright lights of a semi-truck heading your way in on-coming traffic.
It sounds like you've got some anger issues to sort through, I'm here if you need to talk about it
May 12, 2015 9:54 AM

Dec 2014
Some of these comments are atrocious.
May 12, 2015 9:54 AM

Oct 2014
Drugs said:
It sounds like you've got some anger issues to sort through, I'm here if you need to talk about it
I-I just want a hug, Drugs-Senpai. ;-;

May 12, 2015 9:56 AM

May 2013
MidnightLPA said:

Yeah, these guys are the worst. I am all wet, actually.
May 12, 2015 10:00 AM

Feb 2015
You could tell her she's your light or some shit like that.

Or you could tell her about how she's the only one you ever want be with and that you want to spend your life trying to make her happy and other shit like that.
Hello
May 12, 2015 10:01 AM

Oct 2014
WingsOfValor said:
MidnightLPA said:

Yeah, these guys are the worst. I am all wet, actually.
Why would you be wet? Did you just come from swimming? OMG, did you fall into a lake? D:

May 12, 2015 10:02 AM

Mar 2014
Zetrin said:
that you masturbate to them

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ask.fm My blog about me Past forum sets ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

May 12, 2015 10:09 AM

Dec 2014
Your vagina... is that a hint of Pine-sol I sense? Well done.
May 12, 2015 10:15 AM

Sep 2013
teruu said:

Or you could tell her about how she's the only one you ever want be with and that you want to spend your life trying to make her happy and other shit like that.
You're giving me mixed signals. Should I make an allusion to cannibalism or write her a poem? Both?
May 12, 2015 10:19 AM

May 2014
teruu said:

This would scare me, lol.

May 12, 2015 10:22 AM

May 2015
Don't give compliments. If they're sharp enough they ought to be able to discern what I like about them, and overt displays of affection are disgusting for either gender.
May 12, 2015 10:25 AM

Dec 2014
coromandel said:
teruu said:

That does sound like something he'd say while tightening the rope around your wrists in the back of his panel van.
May 12, 2015 10:26 AM

May 2013
coromandel said:
teruu said:

That's MAL for you. :3
May 12, 2015 10:28 AM

Jan 2013
Heaven is missing an angel.

Lets fix that right now.
May 12, 2015 10:32 AM

Sep 2013
Lilith- said:
Don't give compliments. If they're sharp enough they ought to be able to discern what I like about them, and overt displays of affection are disgusting for either gender.
This sounds like wonderful advice for the socially awkward

"You should be able to know what I like about you, I'm not going to fucking tell you."

If your compliments are "overt displays of affection" you're probably overdoing it
May 12, 2015 10:41 AM

May 2015
Drugs said:
Lilith- said:

"You should be able to know what I like about you, I'm not going to fucking tell you."

If your compliments are "overt displays of affection" you're probably overdoing it

Lol, okay, that was a bad way of wording it. But still, I like to think that compliments are rarely a necessary device. At least for me they don't come naturally, and I find that it's more meaningful when someone can at least partially discern how I feel about them by how I act, rather than what I say. A compliment of any degree feels like ego inflation to me.
May 12, 2015 10:43 AM

Oct 2011
"I gotta say that is a nice dress you got there."

Always complement something other than her body or face and make sure you look at her in the eyes.
May 12, 2015 10:47 AM

Sep 2013
Lilith- said:
Drugs said:

Lol, okay, that was a bad way of wording it. But still, I like to think that compliments are rarely a necessary device. At least for me they don't come naturally, and I find that it's more meaningful when someone can at least partially discern how I feel about them by how I act. A compliment of any degree feels like ego inflation to me.
Okay, since I assume you're primarily talking about compliments between romantic partners, my question to you is why are you so against inflating the ego a little bit of somebody you care about? I don't understand how telling your partner that they look nice today is going to do anything other than make them feel better. Is that really a bad thing?

I can sort of understand what you're saying, but I don't think of compliments as necessary as much as they are supplementary. The idea of making somebody feel better is appealing to me, I don't do it because it's required of me.

Also, I know that I personally enjoy hearing people tell me how they feel. It's not that I can't tell, but it feels nice to hear it.
May 12, 2015 11:01 AM

Mar 2013
idk, saying something about their eyes or smile would probably work
May 12, 2015 11:01 AM

Mar 2014
Me personally, I can't be complimented. I see it as an attempt to get in my good books and I tune it out. And half the time I'll try to argue back, by trying to disprove your compliment.

I guess there is no "best" compliment as everyone is different, and some are just batshit crazy like myself
May 12, 2015 11:03 AM

Aug 2009
Grubelgrub said:
Olveparty said:
Offer her your smegma that you've been saving just for her. Girls love to feel special.

Disclaimer; might fail miserably if you're circumcised.

Oh... oh, god *gagging noises*

Thanks for endorsing my suggestion.
May 12, 2015 11:06 AM

Sep 2013
LadyRenly said:
And half the time I'll try to argue back, by trying to disprove your compliment.
That's certainly the best way to make sure I never compliment you again
May 12, 2015 11:09 AM

Mar 2014
Drugs said:
LadyRenly said:
And half the time I'll try to argue back, by trying to disprove your compliment.

Then we'd get along famously. People know I don't like it, yet they do it anyway. Some friends they are.
May 12, 2015 11:10 AM

May 2013
LadyRenly said:
Drugs said:

Then we'd get along famously. People know I don't like it, yet they do it anyway. Some friends they are.

They probably just like to tease you. :P
May 12, 2015 11:12 AM

Feb 2015
Ojouu-sama said:
Everything’s fine as long as you don’t sound creepy.

She's lying, they love creepy shit. Just go for it. You can fix almost anything later as long as its not overtly sexual.

May 12, 2015 11:16 AM

Sep 2013
LadyRenly said:
Drugs said:
I don't want to push, but it sounds more like insecurity than anything else. Maybe you're having trouble rationalizing that people might actually like you and not expect anything in return.

I'd respect your wishes, of course, but it still makes me a little sad that it actually bothers you. I used to find receiving compliments embarrassing - I would blush uncontrollably and not know what to say, but I am much better about it.

Obviously every person is different and I am not trying to marginalize your own experiences
May 12, 2015 11:25 AM

May 2015
Drugs said:
Lilith- said:
Lol, okay, that was a bad way of wording it. But still, I like to think that compliments are rarely a necessary device. At least for me they don't come naturally, and I find that it's more meaningful when someone can at least partially discern how I feel about them by how I act. A compliment of any degree feels like ego inflation to me.
Okay, since I assume you're primarily talking about compliments between romantic partners, my question to you is why are you so against inflating the ego a little bit of somebody you care about? I don't understand how telling your partner that they look nice today is going to do anything other than make them feel better. Is that really a bad thing?

I can sort of understand what you're saying, but I don't think of compliments as necessary as much as they are supplementary. The idea of making somebody feel better is appealing to me, I don't do it because it's required of me.

Also, I know that I personally enjoy hearing people tell me how they feel. It's not that I can't tell, but it feels nice to hear it.

For me it's a concern that stems from the same feelings I get when I lie. Even though I *could* easily give a sincere compliment, I don't like the idea of someone I care about finding emotional value in something that's relatively insignificant. And that goes for myself as well.

Plus when I have to consciously realize that a compliment would make them happy, it feels like some sort of artificial meta-decision. I'm saying it because I want to make them happy, not because I actually want to express my feeling by itself. It's such a strange thought process.

And yes, I know this makes me sound very secure and capable of having a normal relationship. But this isn't actually how I act in practice. It's how I'd *like* to act, but I end up succumbing to compliments, as well as giving them, easily. If everyone felt how I do it wouldn't be such an issue, but I'm too considerate of others, despite what I've said.
Lilith-May 12, 2015 11:29 AM
May 12, 2015 11:38 AM

Sep 2013
Lilith- said:
For me it's a concern that stems from the same feelings I get when I lie. Even though I *could* easily give a sincere compliment, I don't like the idea of someone I care about finding emotional value in something that's relatively insignificant. And that goes for myself as well.
Most of what we find emotional value from is insignificant in that regard - it's a string of insignificants that makes something significant. Your affection for the person is significant, but you express it in a manner that fits the situation. I do understand what you're saying here, but you should focus on the intent more than the act itself. I would never say trying to make you feel better was insignificant, even if my comment doesn't transcend time and space to bring you that happiness
May 12, 2015 11:51 AM

May 2015
Drugs said:
Lilith- said:
Most of what we find emotional value from is insignificant in that regard - it's a string of insignificants that makes something significant. Your affection for the person is significant, but you express it in a manner that fits the situation. I do understand what you're saying here, but you should focus on the intent more than the act itself. I would never say trying to make you feel better was insignificant, even if my comment doesn't transcend time and space to bring you that happiness

Hmm, I understand what you mean; perhaps you're right. Maybe my attitude would only work in a world of übermensch where everyone can read my mind. But on the other hand, I still like the idea of allowing your happiness to be independent of outside influences. I remember around the time when I was 14 or so, I used to receive many compliments (not romantic ones for the most part, mind you) and they made me feel great, but eventually I became dependent on them and when they became less frequent I got a little sad. I'm used to that now, and I think I'm much better off for being able to be mostly indifferent toward them.

Marcus Broelius is where I got this idea from. "Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself. Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise." I think it would be really cool if people could live by this.

/pretentiousphilosophicalquotesonaninternetforum
May 12, 2015 11:58 AM

May 2012
wait till she complements me then* i'll decide what to complement her back on
MkayMay 12, 2015 12:02 PM
May 12, 2015 1:23 PM

Oct 2012
Daaym girl! Boner-kun appreciates your breasts!
May 12, 2015 1:34 PM

Dec 2014
Best sex I ever had.

Get out.
May 12, 2015 3:34 PM

Oct 2012
Theodoricos said:
"You have a really nice personality."

"Um... you don't know me" LOL
May 12, 2015 3:36 PM
Oct 2014
Only give a compliment if you mean it.

May 12, 2015 3:48 PM

Oct 2011
Anything that makes me feel like I'm da very best that no one ever was.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Do You Trust Anyone?

LenRea - 10 hours ago

13 by Shy-Angel »»
4 seconds ago

» The Curse of Overtourism

Meusnier - May 21

20 by Technopunk »»
1 hour ago

» Do you ever wish the internet would go back 20 years?

ImNotAnOtaku1 - May 22

30 by Technopunk »»
1 hour ago

» Do you deem gratuitously killing insects immoral?

vasipi4946 - May 10

33 by Daviljoe193 »»
2 hours ago

» Many COVID experts in Japan harassed after speaking to media, survey shows

Meusnier - May 22

11 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.