Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 6, 2009 5:56 PM

Nov 2009
Cho said:
Don't see any indication for July gaining more powers. Though I still don't get why he wanted to join Hei in the first place, especially when he was the one that killed April.

I interpret that like this - he's a doll and after the murdering of all his partners he has nowhere to go. Going back to... the Syndicate(?) to "restart" him and work with another contractors or to be taking under Hei's wing. Doll's job is to help contractors, it doesn't matter with who they work. That's their job. That's what i think. But maybe he'd fallen inlove with Suou xD.
Dec 6, 2009 5:58 PM

Mar 2008
I think I've rewound Hei's awesome moment about a million times by now. Still can't get enough of the overall camera movement and music of that part <3
Dec 6, 2009 6:47 PM
Aug 2009
How would Misaki react if she met unshaven Li-kun?
Dec 6, 2009 7:09 PM

Jun 2007
Badass episode! It's just well done.
Dec 6, 2009 8:01 PM
Mar 2009
Hei was badass yet again. Him handing an ass kicking to Mina was quick but awesome. Whatever plans he has in store for Youko, I'm sure that when it comes it'd probably have ended up a lot less pleasant if he was still chugging alcohol and living the dream.
Dec 6, 2009 9:22 PM

Apr 2009
I refuse to believe she dies...I am sure her ghost like in this episode or she is alive somehow...I hope they surprise people a lot. Many though that Mao died and look he is back so I hope Amber will too.

You could pretty much understand that Mao wasn't dead if you paid close attention/re-watched his parting at the end of Season 1. He just confirmed that he wouldn't be able to maintain his control over his host (The cat).

I'd probably laugh and be somewhat amused if Amber was still alive. Mainly because the guy who introduced me to the series hasn't watched this Season yet and would probably cream himself if C.C. Amber returned.

Nope, you were the first one to sufficiently answer the question. I remember now. Thanks.

Well, that's a relief. Glad I could help.

After actually watching the episode, I have to say that the screen time Misaki gets is absolutely dreadful. Her character was alright in Season 1 but in Season 2 she's unbearably boring. The only really worthwhile feature about how she hogs up screen time is how everybody makes fun of how she's randomly in love with Hei.

I wouldn't have any problems with Suou if she didn't angst and repeat "I don't get it" 5+ times every episode. It's like watching Girl-Chan in Paradise, except just not funny.

Aside from that, definitely one of the better episodes of the Season. Gai and Kiko provide the show with interesting characters (Thought their performance was a lot better in Season1 - This also applies to Mao), and Hei falcon aborts and kidnaps Yoko.

I liked Heibo a lot. Already miss the bastard :(
Dec 6, 2009 9:35 PM

Oct 2009
I'm so happy that Hei finally shaved and doesn't look like a drunkard anymore ^_^
Even without his powers he can still pwn with his daggers(w/e they r) :D
Dec 7, 2009 1:58 AM

Jan 2009
Cho said:

Don't see any indication for July gaining more powers. Though I still don't get why he wanted to join Hei in the first place, especially when he was the one that killed April.
I think Yin has been experimented on for some reason, and that's why she was able to kill that one contractor. Though again, we don't know why or how. Or anything.Though that's nothing new for Darker than Black.

My very raw chain of guesses:

Yin had her contractor killing powers as soon as her observation ghost had evolved in S1, and happened to be captured and used. As to why her powers grew in S1, I'm, guessing again, two reasons: either her development emotions to a certain extent, or prolonged exposure inside the gate. Both of which July, will probably encounter in S2. Maybe dolls are made to have some latent hidden power that's suppressed by the removal of emotions or painful reaction to the gate.

Or maybe I'm thinking too much. No basis for what I'm saying. Not figuring either.
Dec 7, 2009 10:30 AM

Jul 2009
Or maybe Yin is just unique like Hei/Pai (BK201) & Amber(UB001)?
Dec 7, 2009 11:26 AM

Oct 2008

Okay, I really don't get it..

Dec 7, 2009 12:11 PM

Jan 2009
Evilincarnate said:
Or maybe Yin is just unique like Hei/Pai (BK201) & Amber(UB001)?

I'd go for this explanation : >
Because.. It's Yin~ ^^
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 7, 2009 12:45 PM

Oct 2007
If my theory is right then Amber should have been dead by now. At the beginning of the ep Amber has said something interesting "If you are listening to this, then you are probably connected to Hei somehow. That's if the past hasn't changed." At first I couldn't understand the last sentence but after some thinking. I think this Amber's plan was prepared long time ago even before the mission in the first season for her backup. Which is mean she foresees this future that she will be dead in that mission and what is afterward. Which is the reason why she left this voice record at the very end before she disappeared so that this event will triggered. That will explain "That's if the past hasn't changed." in other word, if the event at the end of the first season hasn't changed. You know the future that she foresees can be changed.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 7, 2009 12:47 PM

Nov 2008
The Hei we love is finally back. And it was time that he shaved for God's sake. :D
I'm really curious now, with all the "Suou died 8 years ago" thing, what happened really? I can't wait the next episode :O
Dec 7, 2009 12:51 PM

Sep 2008
Kira01 said:

The more surprising thing is that Suou had died a long time ago and that means Suou isn't human and her contractor powers are very unique especially the fact that she does not have any renumerations, not to mention her powers are an exact copy of Shion's. Let me guess.. Suou had died but was revived by some strange scientific experiment involving Shion.

Suou may still be human. It's possible that her mother is simply mistaken about Suou dying eight years ago (AKA it could have been setup to look like Suou died). It looked like Suou's father died in episode one, yet here he is alive again - so at the moment everything's up in the air on these sorts of things.
Also she does have a remuneration - it's origami. She folds the paper cranes after using her magical BFG.
She doesn't have the same contractor ability as Shion as far as I can tell. Shion was using a real-life BFG when he shot down Tanya (since the gun was left behind for Section 3 to inspect - if it was a contractor ability it would have disappeared). If he had the same ability as Suou he wouldn't have needed to use a real gun. (Both he and Suou were apparently taught how to shoot when they were kids.) His ability is probably more significant, since he's Izanagi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2009 2:02 PM

Aug 2008
Siva said:
If my theory is right then Amber should have been dead by now. At the beginning of the ep Amber has said something interesting "If you are listening to this, then you are probably connected to Hei somehow. That's if the past hasn't changed." At first I couldn't understand the last sentence but after some thinking. I think this Amber's plan was prepared long time ago even before the mission in the first season for her backup. Which is mean she foresees this future that she will be dead in that mission and what is afterward. Which is the reason why she left this voice record at the very end before she disappeared so that this event will triggered. That will explain "That's if the past hasn't changed." in other word, if the event at the end of the first season hasn't changed. You know the future that she foresees can be changed.

I'm following you on this one.
Dec 7, 2009 6:40 PM

Jul 2008
Plot twist of doom. :x

I was a bit hesitant with the detectives being in the episode, but it seems like BONES knows how to keep them from the brink of annoyance, and as long as the pair doesn't show up in the rest of the episodes, then I'm cool with them butting in for one episode. They DID help Suou find her mom though, so at least they were relevant to the plot. :)

Good episode. The worst part is waiting for Friday to roll around once again. :|
Dec 7, 2009 7:08 PM

Sep 2009
pretty awesome episode
made me cry when suou was reunited with her mum xD

Dec 7, 2009 7:35 PM

Aug 2009
Today, I realised that the ending credit wasn't really the ending. FML
-Fixing-
Dec 7, 2009 8:13 PM

Jan 2009
Great episode and Hei looks normal again woot!!!
Dec 7, 2009 9:29 PM

Oct 2009
Siva said:

I knew Amber would be able to see the future but that might have cost her some years....I am thinking Amber was 30 years old when she used that power she might have gone back to 25/20 another time she went back to 15/13. Like noteDhero said I am following on this one with one thing, I am hoping Amber somehow is still alive.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 7, 2009 10:20 PM

Dec 2007
Hei's back and why is shion izanagi?? Im getting a little confused here.
Dec 8, 2009 5:28 AM

Aug 2009
poor suou ;_;

"I want to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life"
Dec 8, 2009 11:14 AM

Aug 2008
Episode awesome ever!!!
Dec 9, 2009 3:10 PM

Oct 2007
I just caught up with Darker than BLACK watching 3 episodes one after another and it just shows this season is great because it was over in a flash. Before I knew it it's already midnight...

The show manages again to keep the viewer on his toes. Best example is the ending of this episode with Suou reuniting with her mother only to see after the ED that the mother freaks out when she realizes she's not Shion. For me this was extremely well done.

Also great to see the old Hei back (I'm ashamed to admit that I loved his ponytail though...) without the beard and back to his awesome self.

Also we see Amber again, causing mischief even after her death it seems O_o

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Dec 10, 2009 4:13 AM

Jul 2008
Hei's a tactician. Suou is really dead, or believed to be dead.
Dec 10, 2009 4:26 AM

Apr 2009
WEWT old hei.
Cant wait, for the next episode which should be coming soon.

God he is good at fighting, now he just needs his powers back D=.

Dec 11, 2009 6:34 AM

Aug 2009
Funny episode. Thia two detectives every time give anime some fun. They came back. But I think in next episode we won't see them. DTB is not a comedy serial.
Dec 12, 2009 10:38 PM

Jul 2008
This was my favourite episode of this season. Amber! Old Hei! <333333

Also the soundtrack really rocked in this episode.

BEGINNER
Dec 19, 2009 11:13 PM

Apr 2009
Oh yes! Old Hei is back! <333

Her mom called her Shion..
Dec 21, 2009 9:58 AM

Jan 2008
Super intense ending, but more importantly, after 9 episodes Hei finally shaved! He is definitely awesomeness once again!
Dec 22, 2009 4:32 AM

Dec 2007
Woot we got the old Hei back though he shouldn't of shaved his face since its overrated IMO and Suou and her mother reunited was really heartwarming until after the ED then its a WTF?! moment. Like I said after episode eight though I'm hoping for her to reunite with Hei soon for whatever reason I liked it better when they were together. I'm also wondering what Hei's plan is going to be now though whatever it is I hope the season finishes up well.
Jan 9, 2010 1:42 PM

Aug 2009
Oh my. I am speechless. I personally loved this episode. So, we get our old Hei back. No moustache and shorter hair ftw. It's good to see you back man. Also, some glimpse on baby Amber was awesome indeed. :D

Okay so, that scene where he kidnapped that girl was fucking brilliant. I loved that look that Hei gave to that guy and that police girl officer. Also, that contractor with that glowing knives also got pwned by Hei. Take that bitch.

Although I didn't get Suou's mother in the end. WHAT THE FUCK? SUOU FUCKING DIED 8 YEARS AGO? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME! Nonetheless, this episode was brilliant. :D
Feb 8, 2010 3:22 PM

Dec 2008
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY, WHY DID HE HAVE TO SHAVE AND CUT HIS HAIR AND STOP DRINKING RIGHT BEFORE SHE SAW HIM!!???.....So not fair T_T

So why does the mom think Suou is dead? Was it because of the meteor/star that fell did she died then? Is that why her brother had to be hidden so the father can pretend that he only had one kid??? Grr....so confusing...
kaylee130Sep 1, 2017 3:39 PM

Mar 12, 2010 8:56 AM

Jan 2009
OMG Hei's back *_* !! And better than ever!! *he actually shaved and cut his hair, I feel emotional right now :") *

But the Shion/Suou thing... Creepy :|. But maybe Pavlichevnko lied to his wife... I'll just have to watch and see...

Apr 17, 2010 2:14 AM
Jun 2008
Great episode. Loved seeing the detective with body odor again. Great comedy relief, but also serious ending. This is a great show.
Jun 5, 2010 3:34 AM

Sep 2009
Looks like Hei is almost completely back...now he just needs his powers. Well, I guess he still manages to do fine without them.
Jun 20, 2010 11:22 AM

Feb 2010
Loved this episode ~dokidoki XD
Hehe, Hei shaved and we get to see his old appearance :P Liked the music during the kidnapping, and aww, Kirihara called Hei Li-kun XD
Interested in how Suou will handle that situation with her mom =/
Aug 17, 2010 12:19 AM
Feb 2008
Glad to see Guy Kurosawa and Keiko back. Though I thought the whole quest for your mother thing was random considering she's looking for her brother though even Suou was confused. But I don't get why Hei and her just separated like that. I mean I guess he didn't give a shit and just wants to get Yin and Suou was just mad since her caretaker/kidnapper/lover pacified her about killing Tanya even though she didn't.

Misaki seeing Amber's stuff had me wondering...are the Mitaka Documents about a future that Amber saw and wants to change? Or are they the future she's seen and trying "recreate"? Though I guess the 2nd would be a paradox....

I didn't understand the hubbalo about the leaked info about Misaki's "comrades" and the lesbian sword girl dealing with her family. I get that Hei somehow got the info and flushed them out to kidnap the glasses chick to try and find info about Yin but I don't get how. Also that sequence was fucking badass! Loved the beginning of the ep when we saw the knives and coat too!
thatguyAug 17, 2010 12:25 AM
Oct 28, 2010 5:15 PM

Sep 2010
welcome back Amber and old Hei

lol at flying cars

and whoa... plot twist in the end

3 more episodes to go

Nov 27, 2010 2:16 AM

Oct 2008
YAAAAAAY. The old Hei is back. <33
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 10, 2011 2:28 AM

Oct 2008
Such a good episode! Mainly because Hei shaved, cut his hair and got rid of that terrible coat. But also because Suou met her mother...but what was that at the end of the episode! Did her mother not know she was alive or did the father do something!!!

This is a really great series so far
Jan 25, 2011 2:41 AM

Aug 2010
Hei's bum look is gone! He's back to being a professorial in what he does.
May 10, 2011 7:34 AM

Feb 2009
A much calmer episode and pretty funny! Still the last minutes of this episode managed to bring all the excitement and thrills I've come to expect from this season.

And Hei is 100% back! Apart from his electricity powers.
Apr 5, 2012 5:24 AM

Mar 2012
I've really not been enjoying this series much. Seeing the total deconstruction of Hei as an emotionless alcoholic has been hard to watch but this one episode has turned that around.

Just when everyone was going to the airport and in the darkness you hear that trance music and Hei turns round. Wow.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Jul 27, 2012 6:41 AM

Aug 2010
As much as they butchered this franchise beyond recognition, I had a few good laughs from Kiko and Gai. They were horribly out of place in the first season already, but I don't think they can ruin this any further. Seeing Hei reverting to his old form was great though. I expect the double change in the family register has to do something with Suou's death. Maybe a clone? It would explain how Hei killed someone who was exactly like the prof down to the DNA, but with only 1 day of memory. 4/5.
Aug 8, 2012 5:41 AM

Jul 2011
Bah, now I'm mad this is almost over.

By the way, this song made the episode awesome. I got so pumped.
Aug 23, 2012 10:46 AM

Nov 2009
Well I definitely didn't see that coming, if she is already dead though then what is Suou, like a clone?
Sep 12, 2012 5:55 AM

Dec 2010
Just as I suspected, the person who was hinted in the last episode was Amber. It feels really great for her to be chained to the story once again. Hei is back... I guess, despite I cant imagine him being the same as he was back in Season 1. That detective guy made an appearance too - something I wanted to see early in the season, but now I think that he's just ruining the image of Season 2, but anyway, I'll just ignore him and the people related to him. I wondered why Suou's mother would come to Japan incognito, but yeah, of course it'd be about Shion. After all everything in this season revolves around him, and that's why I like Suou - she's side character who's in the spotlight. Funny enough, Hei himself doesn't seem to have much important role in the events, he's just nuisance for the plot's plans. Yeah, this makes Season 2 even better - there's a plot, but it isn't as important as the story of these two characters we actually care for.
Jan 14, 2013 12:53 PM

Jan 2012
Hei finally in his badass mode again. I wonder what will he do with the girl he kidnaped.

Mar 4, 2013 1:43 PM

May 2012
This episode once again proves that Hei is so badass he doesn't even super powers. He's like Batman, using intellect and skill to defeat his enemies! I kinda hope Hei doesn't get his powers back because he's much cooler this way imo. Without world-altering powers and electricity at his disposal, he's more human and therefore more relatable.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.