Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 20, 2018 5:18 PM

Aug 2007
I absolutely like the first OP. I only watched four or so episodes ages ago, and to this day remembered it because it was iconic. (The whole savior motif is beautiful.)

The ED isn't too bad because of the singing bits versus the new OP. I really hate death metal since it's almost 100% screaming. It's like dubstep when the bass drops with the scraping, mechanical noises. I like regular metal and EDM, but those particular sounds are not pleasing to me, which is why I categorize dubstep and death metal on different levels >>;

Jan 4, 2019 2:34 AM

Jan 2018
Great! The new OP and ED were better than the previous, in my own honest opinion. Doesn’t bother me if it sounds crap for majority of people here.
Feb 21, 2019 7:16 PM

Feb 2019
When will Light get his Death Note back? I'm sure Ryuk is dying from apple withdrawal. :)
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 25, 2019 7:30 AM

Dec 2007
poor L, think good about light plan but it's not all :p
poor animation and the second half of the ep was poor too, al the rest is good as usual.
Feb 26, 2019 8:10 AM

Dec 2018
Light
Misa
L

All the main player of the investigation on 1 circle.

And an ironic friendship.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Mar 30, 2019 2:29 PM
Mar 2019
I think the direction they went makes the show feel very claustrophobic, everyone in the same building doing just 1 thing, the two of them bound together seemingly forever (showers?) even though the evidence was convincing, no life outside, at home, with light's sister or mom, what happened to college, pointless relationship as he can't actually spend time with her alone, so many things are weird and seem unplanned. Very one dimensional. Still dig the funny moments though.
Apr 18, 2019 9:26 AM
Apr 2018
Ughh, I hate the new opening, simply because I really dislike that genre. Nothing to say aobut the ED, I just skipped it.

Ever since Light forgot his memories, I feel the series got a bit weaker. I don't really care about any other of the characters (such as Matsuda and Misa).
Jul 16, 2019 3:11 PM

Jul 2019
I was hoping that prev episode is just a bad joke, but it looks like whole second season would be in that "Funny-foolish-fanservice" mood.
FeelsBadMan.
Jul 31, 2019 5:29 PM
Dec 2018
This has nothing to do with the episode itself, but this opening song most definitely isn't death metal ffs. Screamo mixed with pop would be more correct term:D
KidInTheDark666Jul 31, 2019 5:36 PM
Mar 21, 2020 10:47 AM
Sep 2015
The new opening is SHIT. The animation was so bad and i still don't understand how L and Light go to the toilet if they're bound together 24/7.

Last episode with Matsuda was fun but this one not at all. The characters feel different somehow. (L saying he'd fall in love with Misa after she kissed him doesn't sound very L-like)

I'm so close to dropping this.
May 24, 2020 6:41 PM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
Ohh I really like the new OP! Wasn't a huge fan of the first one.

"I would never live in a world without light!" "Yes, that would be dark." lol!

I hope evil Light comes back soon. He was easily the most interesting character of the first half of the series. I miss seeing him scheme.
Jul 14, 2020 10:34 PM

Jun 2020
i feel like i'm watching an entirely different death note..... what's going on lol.....

where's ryuk and i don't really understand why this group is introduced and all this back and forth is just really driving me away from the plot....yawn

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 8, 2020 2:32 AM

May 2017
Well L x Misa is definitly a thing now , i hope L will not die fast cause Misa and L are realy great together

Funny how a death note can change ppl , light was a realy strange guy , in a cool way , now hes just the usual MC from all harem , like L said , hes realy diferent from before , he even slow things down
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jan 6, 2021 4:59 AM

Jan 2020
the OP just isn't for me. i prefer the other OP & ED a lot more.

pretty meh episode. nothing really stood out to me that wowed me.
i hate the romance & all that cheesy stuff. it's too annoying. death note just doesn't fit with that stuff.
and man evil light is way more interesting and just more entertaining to watch than normal light. (even before he had the death note his character was better than what it is now).

Jan 6, 2021 12:36 PM

Dec 2007
LoloChxn said:

i hate the romance & all that cheesy stuff. it's too annoying. death note just doesn't fit with that stuff.
and man evil light is way more interesting and just more entertaining to watch than normal light. (even before he had the death note his character was better than what it is now).

waited for someone like me that like the evil light much more.
the "pure" light in those episodes is just ... meh.
Jan 6, 2021 1:07 PM

Jan 2020
User-Name said:
LoloChxn said:

right?

normal light is boring.
evil light is just. you see everything from an evil's perspective. it's just a lot more interesting.
Jan 6, 2021 1:40 PM

Dec 2007
LoloChxn said:
User-Name said:

right?

normal light is boring.
evil light is just. you see everything from an evil's perspective. it's just a lot more interesting.
i believe it's more than that, it's the fact that the Light even before getting the Death Note have a lot more personality than pure light after ditching the death note, mainly because ditching the death note means that he also ditched his old own self.
Jan 6, 2021 2:06 PM

Jan 2020
User-Name said:
LoloChxn said:

right?

normal light is boring.
i believe it's more than that, it's the fact that the Light even before getting the Death Note have a lot more personality than pure light after ditching the death note, mainly because ditching the death note means that he also ditched his old own self.

yeah, but now he's like a regular innocent person. light before the death note was idk something else. that was better than what he is now.
Jan 6, 2021 2:08 PM

Dec 2007
LoloChxn said:
User-Name said:

yeah, but now he's like a regular innocent person. light before the death note was idk something else. that was better than what he is now.
that's what i meant...
anyway, keep watching.
Jan 7, 2021 7:41 PM

Mar 2020
The new OP and ED are gonna take some getting used to - ESPECIALLY the OP. I mean, what the fuck? How many different beat changes did it HAVE??? It was literally just 16 different electric guitar riffs with screaming over them.

Not to mention, “hey hey, human sucker something something human fucker”? Don’t want my parents coming downstairs while the OP is on lol.
NOW WATCHING: Blue Exorcist (Season 3), Bungou Stray Dogs (Season 2), Delicious in Dungeon, Mashle (Season 2), The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio, Whisper Me a Love Song, Wind Breaker

Jan 7, 2021 7:41 PM

Mar 2020
Plus, normally I’d be completely fine with a use of fuck, but they repeat it like, 10 times.
NOW WATCHING: Blue Exorcist (Season 3), Bungou Stray Dogs (Season 2), Delicious in Dungeon, Mashle (Season 2), The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio, Whisper Me a Love Song, Wind Breaker

Jan 29, 2021 11:50 PM

Jul 2017
The new OP and ED were fucking sick, especially the OP. Symbolizes Light's mindset with the Death Note really well and how much his motivations and attitude have changed over time from when he started with the Death Note and wanted to be a savior then. The ED song was also really damn good for me, and as a metal fan, I dig.

The episode however didn't carry the same amount of intensity and energy as the OP/ED, although it's clear that the OP and ED would fit a lot better over some time. It still is in that transition phase as L continues to have suspicion over Light being the original Kira despite Light's memory of the Death Note being erased currently, and got hit a bit on the soft spot when Light questioned and read his intentions really clearly when he was indecisive on what to do regarding the investigations on the Yotsuba Group as they discussed their use of Kira to benefit the group (although the investigation team did contact one member and is turning them into a mole for the group for his safety). L does want to do an investigation on his own along with Misa to get more information out of the Yotsuba Group on his own (as well as with Light since they both are still chained together the entire time from before). The trio are definitely a really bizarre dynamic, I have to say.
May 28, 2021 9:38 AM

Feb 2021
I do agree with L to some extent about letting those killings happen. Wow L has acknowledged Light as the successor of the title 'L'. I feel so bad for Misa...I'm pretty sure she'll end up getting killed. She so loyal! Also the old op was way better than the new one.

Sep 9, 2021 10:09 PM

May 2019
I LOVE the intensity and the mind games they're now playing with the Yotsuba group.

Also, the psychological back and forth between Light and L is very well written, they're both brilliant and have found one another's equal.

It's interesting how the Death Note changed Light in the first place and he seems to now have a moral compass regarding murder. (Perhaps?) At least he's voicing some ethical regard to it.

Poor Misa and her loyalty to Light. RIP for unrequited love.

The friendship scene is easily one of my faves. A lot of levity to cut down on the extreme psychological magnitude.
Nov 11, 2021 9:29 AM
Nov 2020
The OP is BANGER!!!
Dec 5, 2021 5:02 AM
Feb 2021
HOLY SHIT!! The opening and ending songs have changed. AND NEW SONGS ARE SO GOOD!!
Feb 3, 2022 7:27 AM

Jan 2022
I don't think the new op and ed are bad, but I honestly prefer the other ones much more. These new ones feel like a completely different show. A good thing about the op tho is that Ryuk is in it, so hopefully he should be coming back soon. I'm interested in what these new characters in the op are gonna add too, except ultimately I just prefer when Light had the death note.
Jun 15, 2022 2:03 PM
Mar 2022
Misa: "I couldn't dream of a world without Light!"
L : "Yes, it would be dark"

L is fucking great lmao.
Nov 16, 2022 1:59 PM

Feb 2022
I loved the new Opening and Ending
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Dec 23, 2022 1:19 PM
Dec 2022
WHY DID L HAVE TO DIE STUPID ANIME FR
Mar 13, 2023 1:40 PM
Aug 2022
omaygawd i'm so bored. who would want to watch these dull corporate ossans? i want ryuk back. 

how the hell these two teenager assholes are the most favorited characters, unbelievable. 
conveniences for diabetic l and dick-sucker light, that's the show. 
May 30, 2023 9:58 PM

Apr 2023
new intro is so sick
Jun 16, 2023 12:58 AM
Jun 2023
Very good episode really liked it
Aug 6, 2023 7:44 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Nov 3, 2023 5:05 PM
May 2021
now everyone's friends damn
Nov 3, 2023 11:26 PM
Jun 2022
old ahh discussion
Nov 8, 2023 2:21 PM
Oct 2023
cant dream in a world without light, yes that would be dark, loved that haha episode was good the task force is divided again though, but now the real deal begins, now the hunt for the yotsuba kira begins
Nov 30, 2023 8:20 PM

Nov 2023
Damn, L with that method was so cool in my opinion
Dec 1, 2023 7:14 AM

Jun 2021
"you could become the new L" "What?" Well, he isn't acting in this moment.

Forgot that "Ring Around the Rosie" moment between Light, L and Misa and not gonna lie, it made me laugh HARD (Light face, come on, it was so amusing). Even harder than the new scuffle between the main two characters when L had again some mental gymnastics because Light must have been, must be, or will become Kira some day at all costs.

The new OP and especially ED are badass and i can't see myself changing opinion any moment now. Still remember the shock when i listened to them back in the day and already thought they were both so cool.

Mar 21, 5:41 PM
Mar 2023
First of all, what the fuck was the intro? Guess we're stuck with that for the rest of the series. Not much to say utter than one of the Yotasuba guys died, the one that looks like a wimpy Kensei from Bleach. Rest in pee, dude.

The entire last quarter of the episode was amazing, especially L making that fucking pun.

And how could I forget the fucking strawberry from last episode? Nooooo!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Does anyone find the post time-skip story kind of...bad?

VanVeleca - May 24

37 by hx8js »»
9 hours ago

» Opinions on Donald Trump's cameo?

Kafzeth - May 28

31 by GinHachi23 »»
May 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

922 by Khan355 »»
May 30, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayrhandros - May 17, 2007

118 by Trebor367 »»
May 29, 8:46 AM

» Death Note Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Jan 13, 2007

130 by Heayven »»
May 29, 4:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.