Forum Settings
Forums

What's your opinion on women who don't shave?

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 8, 2013 12:35 PM

Oct 2007
FacelessVixen said:
Kuromii said:
I love hairy guys. My partner has like a rug on his chest and I love it. Hairless men aren't really my thing, but that's not really the point of this thread.

Also why should women do things just to have guys falling over us? We're worth more than just being an item to hang off a man's arm. There's more to an individual than their body.

I just gotta ask: Does your man like you hairy, shaven, or trimmed?

Also, what do you think the ratio is for women who shave for appearance to women that shave for personal comfort?

I think most women shave for appearances rather than comfort, although I can't actually know that for sure since I have never asked another girl that question. Personally I shave my underarms and legs regularly for appearances, and elsewhere for comfort. However if I could get away with it I wouldn't shave my legs because when it starts growing back it snags on my tights and pulls and hurts.

My partner doesn't care what I'm like, but he doesn't like completely and utterly shaved because he says he feels like a pedo then.
Apr 8, 2013 12:36 PM
Jul 2012
Ugly
Apr 8, 2013 12:54 PM

Mar 2013
Really unattractive.
Apr 8, 2013 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
I don't think that women should feel pressured by society into shaving; I hate when people say "women should shave", but saying, "it would be nice if they shaved" is a different deal altogether.

My view on body hair is pretty much the same as with any hair anywhere - if it's neat, it does look nicer, no matter how much hair it may be...if there's no hair, fair enough.

Just like if a guy has a beard, it looks better trimmed, right? But I'd be fine if a girl did whatever she wanted with her body hair if I was dating her (though maybe some consideration if I were to go down on her....).

Women - hair is natural or else it wouldn't be growing there in the first place, don't let the media and society tell you that it isn't. If you want to leave it, good for you, if you want to trim it, good for you, if you want to shave it, good for you.

There are more important things in life to worry about than how much hair you have - it's a very insignificant detail that makes people stress out/spend loads of money/feel disgusting. Stop, just live.
"LET'S HOSPITAL!"
Apr 8, 2013 1:14 PM

Jun 2012
It really doesn't bother me much. Though hairy legs could be something i might reconsider, i have quite the hairy legs myself and I wouldn't want her to be gaining an upper hand on my most charming quality. And down there.. well actually hair makes it a tad bit more bearable to look at.
Apr 8, 2013 1:21 PM

Sep 2011
If I loved somebody I wouldn't kill over it, but it's kind of a turn off for me. I prefer shaved any day.
Apr 8, 2013 1:28 PM

Oct 2009
i really dont care as long as she's clean and as long as it's not something ridiculous
Apr 8, 2013 1:33 PM

Aug 2009
Kuromii said:
I think most women shave for appearances rather than comfort, although I can't actually know that for sure since I have never asked another girl that question. Personally I shave my underarms and legs regularly for appearances, and elsewhere for comfort. However if I could get away with it I wouldn't shave my legs because when it starts growing back it snags on my tights and pulls and hurts.

My partner doesn't care what I'm like, but he doesn't like completely and utterly shaved because he says he feels like a pedo then.

I remember a few lady friends telling me that they shave/trim for comfort, which is the main reason why I as a guy trim my armpits and nether region every once in a while. It just doesn't feel great being too hairy, especially after a long day when all that sweat and dirt gets trapped in all that hair. And it gets really rough during the summer when armpit hair and sweat overpowers the deodorant.

And to elaborate on my opinion on women with body hair: I pretty much agree with your boyfriend. I mean, women after a certain age start growing hair beyond the traditional top of the head, eye lashes and eye brows, plain and simple. In fact, I like women with a bit of a of a stubble and fine hairs in certain places as a sign that she's not obsessed with her appearance and doesn't feel the need to live up to that social standard. That, and it's just more appealing compared to prepubescents, and it's more natural compared to the generalized idea of physical perfection, which is manufactured. The way I see it for both genders: Too much hair is unsanitary functionally, while little to no hair is unnatural aesthetically.

So to challenge your argument; instead of just looking at the social commentary about it, think about the functionally and benefits to shaving and trimming.

Apr 8, 2013 1:34 PM

Aug 2012
I think it would be cute.

Apr 8, 2013 1:51 PM

May 2011
If she has a beard and a uni brow...than yes, go to a nail salon and ask for threading or waxing. And trim down there every so often. Plus shave the armpits too if you wear tank top or like lifting up your arms. That's about it basically. I don't mind leg hairs that much.

“Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short and wear shirts and boots because it’s okay to be a boy; for girls it’s like promotion. But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, according to you, because secretly you believe that being a girl is degrading.”—Ian McEwan, The Cement Garden (1978)
Apr 8, 2013 2:19 PM

Nov 2008
I don't mind if she doesn't shave her bush off, just keep it trimmed just a little if they can, but everywhere else should be shaved.

Apr 8, 2013 2:55 PM

Dec 2011
As long they shave their armpits and facial hair I'll be fine.
Apr 8, 2013 3:01 PM

Jul 2008
A lot of people are talking about shaving in terms of attraction, with your partner etc etc, but forgetting lovers for a while, if you already had a lover, would you shave to look good for other people? i.e. shaving your armpits/legs/etc to look 'better' in public?

Do you mind other people that may be judging you, even though your partner thinks you're great as you are?
"LET'S HOSPITAL!"
Apr 8, 2013 3:26 PM

Jul 2012
To the guys saying it's ugly: women don't live to please you. shut the fuck up.
Apr 8, 2013 6:25 PM

Oct 2012
professor-salt said:
Your favorite color doesn't exist to please you either.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Apr 8, 2013 6:31 PM

Aug 2009
professor-salt said:

Watch out guys, we're dealing with a badass over here.

Apr 8, 2013 6:37 PM

Sep 2012
professor-salt said:
The ones bitching about "society forcing them to shave" apparently do.
Apr 8, 2013 6:48 PM

Mar 2012
Twigglet said:
I don't think that women should feel pressured by society into shaving; I hate when people say "women should shave", but saying, "it would be nice if they shaved" is a different deal altogether.
No, it isn't.

Red_Keys said:
Have you ever heard of the other half of the population? Ya know, women. Women want to look nice of other women, as well (I've been told that they generally care more about what other women think than what men think, although I am not in a position to confirm that). Not that your point stands anyway. Wanting to be comfortable, feel safe, feel sexy, or whatever the case may be =/= content with shaving just because men prefer it.

Burna said:
Please, just please shave at least your legs and arm pits women Q_Q. I know it's tough but it's much more hygienic and clean.
m8..
JoshApr 8, 2013 7:03 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 8, 2013 7:06 PM

Dec 2011
Ummm damn....Idk...
Apr 8, 2013 9:33 PM

Jul 2008
Baptism said:
Twigglet said:
No, it isn't.

Yes it is?

Someone saying that I should shave because I'm a woman is different from someone saying it would look nicer if I shaved.
"LET'S HOSPITAL!"
Apr 8, 2013 9:42 PM

Aug 2009
Hey Twigglet, Yoru would look nicer if he shaved a little.

Apr 8, 2013 9:45 PM

Nov 2009
Twigglet said:
Baptism said:
Twigglet said:
No, it isn't.

Yes it is?

Someone saying that I should shave because I'm a woman is different from someone saying it would look nicer if I shaved.

Would agree, however the original thread was what is your opinion of woman who don't shave, when a guy says "I prefer they do" I don't see why they are getting hammered for it, is it wrong to have opinions? I do certain things I wouldn't normally do too, their are plenty of things guys could be doing that would turn a girl off but don't however that really has nothing to do with the original statement.

Saying your preference is somehow being warped in to being sexist over this thread but I don't get why ... It would be sexist to say "women must shave" but saying "I prefer women to be shaven" is also getting red flagged as sexist ... honestly the OP asked a question and half the people replying on this thread are more butthurt about the answers being given than actually paying attention to the op.

Their apparently are also alot of guys who are fine with hairy woman, and that's fine too, because guess what, that is an opinion of theirs, buy you notice how only those guys who mention they don't prefer it are being flagged down and called out ... I think before calling out someone's answer or why society is so sexist because it makes woman feel the need to shave you should answer this simple question:

What's your opinion on women who don't shave?
Pirating_NinjaApr 8, 2013 9:51 PM
Apr 8, 2013 9:49 PM

Sep 2012
Baptism said:
Red_Keys said:
Have you ever heard of the other half of the population? Ya know, women. Women want to look nice of other women, as well (I've been told that they generally care more about what other women think than what men think, although I am not in a position to confirm that). Not that your point stands anyway. Wanting to be comfortable, feel safe, feel sexy, or whatever the case may be =/= content with shaving just because men prefer it.
If you are complaining about "society" forcing you to shave your legs, then yes, the desire to shave your legs stems from wanting to impress other people.

And ok then, include women too. It's still the same thing.
Apr 8, 2013 9:52 PM

Jul 2008
FacelessVixen said:
Hey Twigglet, Yoru would look nicer if he shaved a little.

At first I was like, who the eff is-- oh. I chose Yoru years ago, my icon needs updating, man.

About being getting butthurt over a preference, I understand you, Pirating_Ninja, it's totally okay to have a preference because you can't help what you like. I guess it's just hard for some people to see other people calling their hair 'disgusting' and the like.

But I agree - a preference is that person's viewpoint, and it doesn't make them right or wrong.

It's easy to go off-track on such an issue, eh..
"LET'S HOSPITAL!"
Apr 8, 2013 10:11 PM

Aug 2009
I kinda wanna talk about the opposite of this thread and expand on the few other related thread: What people think about men who shave? Mostly for the sake of having some parody with this topic of which some women have replied at pitchfork and torch, but also to see if there is a similar social standard for men.

Just throwin' it out there.

Apr 8, 2013 10:39 PM

Jul 2008
I'm cool with men who shave. :) Been with guys who have and guys who haven't, s'all good.
"LET'S HOSPITAL!"
Apr 8, 2013 10:55 PM

Aug 2009
Twigglet said:
I'm cool with men who shave. :) Been with guys who have and guys who haven't, s'all good.

Well... to be more specific, I meant guys who shave as much as women are apparently "supposed" to shave; like no facial hair, armpit hair, chest, back, pubic, leg, and so on. Literally hairless except for head hair, eye brows and eyelashes.

Same opinion?

Apr 8, 2013 11:04 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah dude, I really wouldn't mind. Facial hair? I prefer no beards, anyway. Armpits? My ex shaved his. Chest? Less hair the better, personally. Back? Yesyes. Pubic? Sure. Legs? Why not.

To be fair though, my weakness is feminine guys.
"LET'S HOSPITAL!"
Apr 8, 2013 11:05 PM

Dec 2011
I'm typically indifferent about this. But sometimes I might gave an inkling of caring.
Apr 8, 2013 11:43 PM

Nov 2009
Probably should actually start a new topic if you are truly curious although ... If you want to call them out on their responses I advise NOT doing that since that will just be going off topic... Kind of the same thing that happened to this thread, though it really is up to the OP to maintain the conversation focused on the topic, especially with topics where people have strong opinions about the answers the OP is looking for.
Apr 8, 2013 11:50 PM

Dec 2007
Kuromii said:

I can't say it's for the sake of appearances that I shave, but I generally feel cleaner when I shave. And I do like to look nice, not really for the sake of someone else, but myself. I wouldn't do it if I were uncomfortable with it.
Apr 9, 2013 2:27 AM

Sep 2011
FacelessVixen said:
Twigglet said:

Well... to be more specific, I meant guys who shave as much as women are apparently "supposed" to shave; like no facial hair, armpit hair, chest, back, pubic, leg, and so on. Literally hairless except for head hair, eye brows and eyelashes.

Same opinion?

There's already a thread for that. I made it.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Apr 10, 2013 2:49 AM

Jun 2011
I shave everything on me except my head hair. Everything.
I hate hair on myself.
I personally think woman should shave, but I'm not gonna force them too.
Apr 10, 2013 7:54 PM

Mar 2013
Hairy pubes? Fine.
Hairy pits? Ehhh.
Hairy arms? I'm outta here.
Apr 10, 2013 7:55 PM

Jul 2008
StrictlyStupid said:
Hairy pubes? Fine.
Hairy pits? Ehhh.
Hairy arms? I'm outta here.

Hairy arms are worse than hairy pits for you? Opposite for me!
"LET'S HOSPITAL!"
Apr 10, 2013 8:26 PM

Nov 2008
Pubes shouldn't be shaved. Underarm hair is fine. Body hair can be acceptable to an extent.

Apr 10, 2013 9:53 PM

Mar 2013
Hair = no, at least for me. Except for your pubes; those are your personal preference so I've got little opinion to offer there.
Apr 10, 2013 10:05 PM

Mar 2010
I'm all for it. If a women wants to stop shaving it shouldn't be something that other people should even get to have an opinion on. No one should feel like they have the right to judge another person in that way.

Of course, I get that attraction is subjective and all and of course saying "I don't prefer hair in partner" is totally different then saying "Girls with hair are gross."
Apr 10, 2013 10:15 PM

Mar 2013
MyLonesomeCowboy said:
I'm all for it. If a women wants to stop shaving it shouldn't be something that other people should even get to have an opinion on. No one should feel like they have the right to judge another person in that way.

What, that's a tad too oversensitive isn't it? After all, we look after our appearances to manage how we appear to society. I think the whole point is to have an opinion on it.

And besides, if your friend is getting some horribly hairdo or some other kind of fashion disaster, I'd think it'd also be kind of your duty to tell your friend what a stupid idea it is before they embarass themselves.
Apr 10, 2013 10:53 PM

Mar 2010
Sweet_Love said:

What, that's a tad too oversensitive isn't it? After all, we look after our appearances to manage how we appear to society. I think the whole point is to have an opinion on it.

And besides, if your friend is getting some horribly hairdo or some other kind of fashion disaster, I'd think it'd also be kind of your duty to tell your friend what a stupid idea it is before they embarass themselves.

That's the most un-punk thing I've ever heard. I strongly encourage all totally crazy hair cuts. In fact I kind of have one myself.
Apr 11, 2013 12:30 PM

Jun 2012
FacelessVixen said:
Twigglet said:

Same opinion?

I have a good friend who shaves everything except his eyebrows and arms. Well he has some of his hair but he likes to keep it very short and tidy.
Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Apr 11, 2013 6:36 PM

Feb 2005
Well, we have been raised with the beauty ideal that chicks should keep hairless armpits and legs, so I can't say I haven't been affected by that either.
But as always it's the scale of hotness vs weirdness, the hotter she is, the more quirky she can be without any problem. Facial hair on women is a dealbreaker though.

And of course, the pubes should be at least trimmed, to ensure ease of access. At least I'm not going down in the humid swamps of Vietnam, I'd rather firebomb the forest first.
Apr 11, 2013 7:21 PM

Aug 2012
Baman said:
Well, we have been raised with the beauty ideal that chicks should keep hairless armpits and legs, so I can't say I haven't been affected by that either.
But as always it's the scale of hotness vs weirdness, the hotter she is, the more quirky she can be without any problem. Facial hair on women is a dealbreaker though.

And of course, the pubes should be at least trimmed, to ensure ease of access. At least I'm not going down in the humid swamps of Vietnam, I'd rather firebomb the forest first.

Maybe not the best analogy. I just imagined lighting someone's pubes on fire.

كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Apr 11, 2013 7:46 PM
Mar 2013
Personally I don't like hair.

It traps moisture and odor, not to mention, you can't even see whats going on down there. ._.'
I haven't found a really good anime in a really long time. :(
Apr 11, 2013 7:49 PM

Jul 2008
Just putting this out there: as a woman, I feel a lot more comfortable when I see another woman who isn't shaved - it reminds me that not everyone does it. :D
"LET'S HOSPITAL!"
Apr 11, 2013 8:00 PM

Feb 2010
It really doesn't matter to me, I have sensory issues and don't like touching others or being touched anyway. The superficial feel I get here is just frustrating and feels pretty sexist from my view. Sure, I don't want to look at too much hair but that's their business and it should be respected, plus a little hair won't hurt anybody. I don't really understand why somebody would not want to shave ever but if they lack smoothness, that's fine by me.

Apr 12, 2013 6:40 AM

Oct 2012
Women with Mustache and/or Stinky n' Hairy armpit totally SUCKS!

That's my opinion...That's all folks!
Apr 12, 2013 8:37 AM

Aug 2012
Hairy guys look bad, hairy women look even worse.
Apr 12, 2013 9:07 AM

May 2012
I don't like hairy faces/armpits on women it's just a major turnoff and is fugly. The downstairs should be up to them. :P

Baman said:
LMAO.
MkayApr 12, 2013 9:10 AM
Apr 12, 2013 12:33 PM

Dec 2011
Well, this question is unfair. What if the age demographic of the women I desire naturally do not have body hair?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» My recent piano practice

philtecturophy - Today

6 by MalchikRepaid »»
56 minutes ago

» Do you go to anime conventions?

spaceslut - Mar 11, 2022

21 by GCRyan »»
1 hour ago

» The crickets or whatever insect they are outside my window are hella loud right now

SmugMiri - 3 hours ago

3 by Kwanthemaster »»
1 hour ago

» What was the last Arguement you had and why did it start ?

Thy-Veseveia - 6 hours ago

7 by Kwanthemaster »»
1 hour ago

» What if you saw God in heaven? ( 1 2 )

-Usagi - Feb 3, 2016

89 by MalchikRepaid »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.