Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 7, 2012 4:40 PM

Sep 2011
Kosters said:

I think I established what the deep web is for and you freedom of speech argument is thin at best.

Do you really think that the government in all countries are loving and caring who support free speech and that there is no such thing as political censorship?
Apr 7, 2012 4:43 PM
Feb 2012
ALICE-in-chains said:
ne44to said:
^ actually it does make you 100% anonymous. It requires some serious effort, and mistakes on your part to break annonimity. It is used in countries to government censorship, and to report abuse of human rights.

I'm not saying it doesn't have places that are not safe, but the surface web has sites just as safe too.

Oh I am talking about TOR, since what you define as deep web are just hidden services.. You can just as anonymously use TOR to browse the surface web.
Apr 7, 2012 4:44 PM

Sep 2008
Haftepaff said:
Kosters said:

I think I established what the deep web is for and you freedom of speech argument is thin at best.

Do you really think that the government in all countries are loving and caring who support free speech and that there is no such thing as political censorship?

Do you really think the deep webs main purpose is to help these people?

You've failed enough for one day, why don't you give it a rest huh?
Apr 7, 2012 4:45 PM

Sep 2008
ne44to said:
ALICE-in-chains said:
ne44to said:
^ actually it does make you 100% anonymous. It requires some serious effort, and mistakes on your part to break annonimity. It is used in countries to government censorship, and to report abuse of human rights.

I'm not saying it doesn't have places that are not safe, but the surface web has sites just as safe too.

Oh I am talking about TOR, since what you define as deep web are just hidden services.. You can just as anonymously use TOR to browse the surface web.

So it's basically a suped up proxy, wow im so impressed.
Apr 7, 2012 4:59 PM

Feb 2012
ALICE-in-chains said:
Haftepaff said:

The surface web is not as safe as the deep web, why do you think there's a deep web in the first place?

i'm still convinced this is your first time hearing of the deep web, because you have yet to make a single valid statement. another reasonable assumption is that you've never accessed it. all arguments aside, freedom of speech is far from trivial, and just because it's easy to take advantage of in one particular country doesn't mean the same for everywhere else. if you've established anything, it's your general ignorance.
Apr 7, 2012 5:01 PM

Sep 2011
ALICE-in-chains said:

Do you really think the deep webs main purpose is to help these people?

You've failed enough for one day, why don't you give it a rest huh?

You could say the same about the surface web, that it wasn't created in order to chat, watch videos or read some news. The internet was created during WWII in order to send some sensitive data.

I don't know exactly why the deep web was created, nor do i claim that i do, i just point out that the deep web can be useful for the people who lives in places where there's political censorship and not only to internet criminals.

Didn't you asked if there was any good uses for the deep web?
Apr 7, 2012 5:04 PM

Sep 2008
nqthing said:
ALICE-in-chains said:
Haftepaff said:

The surface web is not as safe as the deep web, why do you think there's a deep web in the first place?

i'm still convinced this is your first time hearing of the deep web, because you have yet to make a single valid statement. another reasonable assumption is that you've never accessed it. all arguments aside, freedom of speech is far from trivial, and just because it's easy to take advantage of in one particular country doesn't mean the same for everywhere else. if you've established anything, it's your general ignorance.

Yes your right, sorry. the deep web is a place for free speech and for people to talk. I'm so glad you helped me understand. Thanks. I feel better than the deep web is basically just xbox live but better. I was obviously wrong about everything. And i'm glad I found about deep web for the first time on a mainstream anime forum accessed by hundreds of thousands and met YOU, because you're so smart and awesome!

You've really opened my eyes.

Haftepaff said:

Didn't you asked if there was any good uses for the deep web?

yes I did, and I know countries in the middle east need a communication network. But I'm saying that nothing that they need to communicate about can't be done on surface web with a little know how. You don't need deep web to set up a secure chat. It's pretty simple.
Apr 7, 2012 5:07 PM

Feb 2012
ALICE-in-chains said:
nqthing said:
ALICE-in-chains said:
Haftepaff said:

Yes your right, sorry. the deep web is a place for free speech and for people to talk. I'm so glad you helped me understand. Thanks. I feel better than the deep web is basically just xbox live but better. I was obviously wrong about everything. And i'm glad I found about deep web for the first time on a mainstream anime forum accessed by hundreds of thousands and met YOU, because you're so smart and awesome!

You've really opened my eyes.

i don't believe i ever claimed that the deep web was a place for free speech, i said "all arguments aside", and simply gave my opinion on the importance of freedom of speech. so your paragraph wasn't really relevant to anything i've said, but you deserve a gold star for trying.
Apr 7, 2012 5:11 PM

Sep 2008
nqthing said:

i don't believe i ever claimed that the deep web was a place for free speech,.

And yet my question was quite clear regarding the use of deep web, and not about 'freedom of speech', why would I sweep all arguments aside why the whole point of this thread is about deep web? I couldn't care less what you think you have the right to say.

So you completely invalidated your argument, not that it had any legs to stand on anyway.
Apr 7, 2012 5:22 PM

Sep 2011
ALICE-in-chains said:

yes I did, and I know countries in the middle east need a communication network. But I'm saying that nothing that they need to communicate about can't be done on surface web with a little know how. You don't need deep web to set up a secure chat. It's pretty simple.

Have you seen this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ho8tunttg

This is why the deep web can be used in order to support free speech, so they don't need to face a death sentence.

Edit:
Screw this, it's 2:30 AM and i need to sleep.
HaftepaffApr 7, 2012 5:33 PM
Apr 7, 2012 5:25 PM

Feb 2012
ALICE-in-chains said:
nqthing said:

i don't believe i ever claimed that the deep web was a place for free speech,.

And yet my question was quite clear regarding the use of deep web, and not about 'freedom of speech', why would I sweep all arguments aside why the whole point of this thread is about deep web? I couldn't care less what you think you have the right to say.

So you completely invalidated your argument, not that it had any legs to stand on anyway.

that didn't invalidate anything, i didn't even have an "argument" relating to freedom of speech. the fact of the matter is that you typed up that sarcastic paragraph targeting something that i never said, making a fool of yourself.

you claimed that haftepaff's freedom of speech argument was "thin at best", that's what i quoted, and that's what i responded to. it was merely pointing out one of the many shallow minded statements you've made. freedom of speech is far from insignificant, and if that is a factor in the deep web's existence then it would be a good point and answer to your initial question.
twerp_Apr 7, 2012 5:45 PM
Apr 7, 2012 5:49 PM

Mar 2008
nqthing said:
traed said:
Im pretty sure youre more likely to find old retro sites and mundane personal sites where someone made a site just for friends. Youre also more likely to get a nasty virus than you are to get arrested. I assume since these sites are not indexed it means if the person did not want people on the site they dont want on then wouldnt they put a virus thats unknown on it and no anti-virus would be aware of it since it would be unlikely to have previously encountered it?

not quite, the hidden wiki screenshot in the OP is actually what the majority of the "deep internet" consists of (or else is related to), no, and that's not how viruses work; if you have a decent antivirus then you won't have much to worry about in that aspect. i'm not sure about your last question, but there are alternative methods to securing your anonymity.

Well what i meant was if it was an anti-virus that only uses lists of viruses rather than an algarythm to tell if a program might be a virus. If its the former it will miss any rare newer viruses.

only anonymous internet things i know of are proxies and vpns
Apr 7, 2012 5:54 PM
Feb 2012
ALICE-in-chains said:
ne44to said:
ALICE-in-chains said:
ne44to said:

So it's basically a suped up proxy, wow im so impressed.

Sort of... Expect it is fairly easy to connect you to ur proxy, while incredibly difficult to do so over tor. Read their about page.
Apr 7, 2012 6:01 PM

Feb 2012
traed said:
nqthing said:
traed said:
Im pretty sure youre more likely to find old retro sites and mundane personal sites where someone made a site just for friends. Youre also more likely to get a nasty virus than you are to get arrested. I assume since these sites are not indexed it means if the person did not want people on the site they dont want on then wouldnt they put a virus thats unknown on it and no anti-virus would be aware of it since it would be unlikely to have previously encountered it?

not quite, the hidden wiki screenshot in the OP is actually what the majority of the "deep internet" consists of (or else is related to), no, and that's not how viruses work; if you have a decent antivirus then you won't have much to worry about in that aspect. i'm not sure about your last question, but there are alternative methods to securing your anonymity.

Well what i meant was if it was an anti-virus that only uses lists of viruses rather than an algarythm to tell if a program might be a virus. If its the former it will miss any rare newer viruses.

only anonymous internet things i know of are proxies and vpns

oh i understand what you mean, i guess it depends on what antivirus you have. i have malwarebytes and kaspersky which seem to work pretty well with each other while browsing the deep web.
Apr 7, 2012 6:06 PM

Mar 2008
nqthing said:

oh i understand what you mean, i guess it depends on what antivirus you have. i have malwarebytes and kaspersky which seem to work pretty well with each other while browsing the deep web.
i hear kasperspy slows down a lot of peoples computers and made a few unusable. Ive never seen an anti-virus with so much negative reveiws on their own website. Doesnt it have a sandboxing mode? that would protect you the most if you run your browser sandboxed since anything downloaded would be deleted once you close everything down.
Apr 7, 2012 6:21 PM
Feb 2012
^ chrome already runs in a sandbow.
it is still possible to break out of a sandbox.
Regarding Kaspersky pretty much any modern computer can run it seamlessly, I stopped using it because I didn't like new design.
Currently using Outpost Security Suite, less popular antiviruses are less likely to be cracked simply because it is not worth the effort, and so you are also probably safest using Opera webrowser.
Apr 7, 2012 10:56 PM

Jul 2010
Best thing you can do to protect yourself from viruses is accessing the internet via an emulated unix-system(ie VirtualBox). The chance of a unix-system getting infected is close to 0%. And if you still get a virus, just shut it down, reinstall, try again. Its practically impossible for a virus to break out of an emulated OS.
Apr 8, 2012 12:01 AM

Feb 2012
Some creepy shit, it doesn't concern me though.
Apr 8, 2012 4:34 AM
Nov 2009
looks like some conspiracy shit

Falcon should hack it o.o
Apr 12, 2016 11:52 PM
Feb 2016
Scruff said:
I find some of this hard to believe,

Example of a "Deep Web" site?
All the deep web has .onion domain
Apr 12, 2016 11:56 PM

Sep 2009
asifczan5 said:
Scruff said:
I find some of this hard to believe,

Example of a "Deep Web" site?
All the deep web has .onion domain

Don't necro old threads, mang.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 13, 2016 2:57 AM

Jun 2013
I've tried going in there once (with precautions) but many supposedly shady sites just lead to dead or broken pages.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.