Forum Settings
Forums

the silent majority of anime fans are horny while the vocal minority of anime fans are prudes

New
are you horny for anime characters?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
7 hours ago

Oct 2024
Reply to H-A-M-M-Y
I'll have to say no in my case. I think many anime fans are attracted to anime characters mostly for 2 reasons: majority of the anime fans are quite young (teens to young adults) and are single.
@H-A-M-M-Y Saying that is like saying that older people or those in relationships stop being attracted to women.
5 hours ago

Feb 2015
We are absolutely aggressively horny.

WatchTillTandava said:
WatchTillTandava said:
I would say that some of the prudish-esque whining and overdramatic displays of moral outrage over any issue depicting anything remotely explicit or controversial about sex/gender, sexual relations, sexual orientation, age, nudity, etc. seems to me to overwhelmingly come from a demographic of Generation Z or "Zoomer" Westerners, and appears to be like a subset of a larger issue which is a cultural trend of this neo-Puritanism sweeping the Western world (I cannot put a definitive starting date on when exactly it originated or its proximate cause). And therefore any public cultural space or product which interacts with the West, which is much of the world, is likely to be exposed to it at some point in some form to some degree, and anime is just one of the targets.

This is the impression I had as well. At least it seems to be accelerating at an alarming rate.

traed said:
It started in the 1990s. I think I even pinned down the cause was media sensationalism over cases like John Wayne Gacy. Then this seemingly lead to "stranger danger" and the "Satanic panic". Interestingly this also is when people started finally fearing clowns I think because i cant find older documentations. While the worst aspects went away there still was parents limiting their kids as they grow up in ways below their abilities which leads to low self esteem and more depression rates and this got really bad with gen Z where many entirely lack a solid personal identity and ability to think about things without turning to the mindless masses.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/articles/200703/trashing-teens

Doesnt help people keep pushing pseudo science like their brains dont develop til 25.
https://slate.com/technology/2022/11/brain-development-25-year-old-mature-myth.html

But I think it didn't get like it is now till I think 2012-2015 is when it really picked up, first event being Neo Nazis from Stormfront raiding /pol/ taking it over pushing their ideology, then #GamerGate which lead to /pol/ raiding Tumblr, then later #MeToo on Twitter which the woman who started it is appalled at what it turned into, then you also had #PizzaGate bring in the next Satanic Panic wave of mass psychosis going out of control. Then it got even worse once social media algorithms changed around when current wave of AI stuff came around and fucking covid-19 pandemic lead to social isolation some people grew up in and it got to stirring up again the mass psychosis going on about lizard people and stuff. It's a mess. Did I forget anything big?

WatchTillTandava said:
WatchTillTandava said:
But because I don't subscribe to a linear view of history and view it instead as more cyclical, I'd therefore instead say that this is more just them repeating and acting out a stage in the cycle which has been performed before, likely many times over.

traed said:
It's a spiral in Hegel's view. You never return to the same point just a similar point. This view is the spiral foes inward and will eventually meet "the end of history" where things stop changing because the conflict is ended. In Hegel's view ideals are what move things while Marx it is material conditions while Max Weber it is both.

Great breakdown. I remember reading something a while back as well about how people would sometimes make jokes or sarcastic remarks regarding extreme views and when interviewed said they didn't actually hold those views but were just joking about them/using them to vent stress or frustration with a subject, but then when their kids were asked about their views they said they sincerely held the beliefs. My understanding of this was that whereas many (now older/past generation) people will say things they don't mean out of frustration (kill all men, for example), the subtext/context or full understanding of the sentiment was lost on the younger audience who started to genuinely adopt these views. In this way, as generations pass certain things become exponentially more radicalized.

Also @traed FWIW I'd be interested in the documentation if you happen across it.
Censorship is vandalism.
5 hours ago

Jul 2016
Reply to Nurguburu
@Tapertrain Your pfp is literally a "child" soldier and the show itself has many "child" soldiers since the start with many obviously dying, I call even say its "child" slavery since in Marley, Eldians are forced into it while in the Island its almost forced. How is not a problem when AoT has "child" slavery/soldiers but you have issues with Dandadan scenes? I fail to understand Western logic, it looks like it's only an issue when anything sexual is presented even if the same "underage" characters can be "abused" in many ways. For me, it looks highly hypocritical to complain about "underage" character put in an "inappropriate" situation but liking or ignoring other forms of "child abuse" in other shows.
@Nurguburu But the child soldiers in Attack on Titan are depicted as a bad thing.
3 hours ago
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Sometimes. I'd say the silent majority don't lean either to the side of the pearl clutching puritans or the degenerates.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
2 hours ago

Jan 2008
Reply to Jackson1333
One of my favorite anime this season so far, is about a 10yo who marries a 19 year old, to break off her engagement to a 16yo who is banging his younger sister, so they don't kill her when they find out. And there are at least 40k people who are watching or planning to watch it, so yeah, I'd say there is some inherent horniness to anime fans.
Jackson1333 said:
One of my favorite anime this season so far, is about a 10yo who marries a 19 year old, to break off her engagement to a 16yo who is banging his younger sister, so they don't kill her when they find out. And there are at least 40k people who are watching or planning to watch it, so yeah, I'd say there is some inherent horniness to anime fans.

can i get the name of the show pls havent really kept up with seasonal shit in yrs this sounds insane i'd probably love it
Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes...just be an illusion...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Have you ever experienced the situation that in reality even thousand episodes, or more isn't actually something too long and monstruous?

Polatrix - 9 hours ago

14 by Polatrix »»
3 minutes ago

» ☀️Summer 2024: Anime of the Season (AOTS) & Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nirererin - Oct 9

230 by Coaghim »»
3 minutes ago

» 30 million number in anime

deg - 8 hours ago

1 by logopolis »»
39 minutes ago

» Out of all the anime that you've seen, which is set furthest into the future?

WatchTillTandava - Oct 25

37 by logopolis »»
44 minutes ago

» Worst/best character additions in an anime/series you like? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Oct 25

53 by Otakupervert890 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.