Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 5, 9:23 AM
Nov 2022
I find it interesting, I was expecting something more linear but I'm not complaining either, that "short story" format at certain times reminded me a lot of the beginnings of Komi san, I'm very interested in seeing how this anime develops.

I liked the protagonists a lot, Rin is clear about what she wants and does not go into unnecessary circles in her decisions and on the other hand Eiji is not just sarcastic, he has his own charm.
Jul 5, 9:46 AM
Oct 2019
This episode was really fun, I really liked the interactions between the two of them, I want to see more yesterday
Jul 5, 10:18 AM
Jul 2023
I really liked it, it's very funny and cute
Jul 5, 11:00 AM
May 2021
This was unexpectedly good lol
Jul 5, 12:19 PM
Jun 2024
Wont criticize on art style as its art style is best something slice of life like oregairu after some time.. but ye if short eps where a little longer .. excellent!!!

enjoyed
Jul 5, 1:42 PM
Jan 2022
damn this is just too sweet, Imma get diabetes

tags only show romantic subtext, hope it gets beyond that, chemistry is too good
Jul 5, 1:42 PM

Aug 2022
Wow interesting idea for a romantic Anime... but why it's not in this genre on MAL?
Voice actors are really good and...
The most legendary voice actor ever = Saori Hayami
Jul 5, 2:43 PM
Aug 2023
I'd project this anime to be fairly solid. I appreciate this shows simplistic animation and character designs. Though some might not like it, I think it emphasizes the characters' emotions and story respectively. As for the story itself, it's really nothing too serious, just a bunch of goofballs messing around. In short, a freshman and a freshman hunter... we'll see how it goes on from here.
Jul 5, 3:46 PM

Dec 2022
Cute and funny first ep
Jul 5, 5:24 PM
Sep 2022
This 1st episode is really good.
I really liked opp and end, but drawing is not the point of this ep.
Jul 5, 5:39 PM

Feb 2020
This guy has rizz ngl got my heart fluttering and shit 😭 aha I'm gonna enjoy this. Liked the manga so im looking forward for more diabetes-filled content from their whole dynamic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 6:38 PM
Jan 2014
Hayami Saori is an extremely talented VA, but she doesn't have the range to pull off all the personalities that Rin does. It's kind of distracting that she sounds exactly the same no matter which one she's trying to do at the time. Given that this is an important part of the premis, I feel like they should have gone with someone else.
Jul 5, 7:35 PM

Mar 2008
I like the premise but it feels like Rin and Eiji are too close too quickly for practically no reason. It's cute though.
Jul 5, 10:04 PM

Jul 2022
Eiji is a lucky guy, as it’s difficult to achieve a harem, but upon meeting Rin, that dream is easily fulfilled thanks to her vast array of personalities. It’s possible that Rin will be the girl of the season for all the effort she puts in, even though it seems easy for her.

I’m not sure how much romance we’ll see between the protagonists since these are short stories, but I like how they interact. As for the OP, it’s fine, but I liked the ED much more. We all need a Rin in our lives.
Jul 5, 10:27 PM
Jan 2024
Nice start! So comical and beautiful!
Jul 5, 10:29 PM
Sep 2011
Hayami Saori seems like such a strange casting choice in my opinion. She's certainly a fine seiyuu, but range is not really one of her strengths and that really shows here. For a character that is supposed to flip-flop between archetypes dramatically, it really doesn't feel like that's being accomplished and I'm having a hard time of following the characters intentions at certain times. Like her or not, Hayami Saori is kind of a single-voice actress. I'm sure her rabid following of "she can do no wrong" fans will drag me through the mud for saying there are plenty of other seiyuu out there who would be much better suited to play Rin. The casting decision feels more like a cash grab by having an A-lister on board. I have to say that I find myself more distracted by her voice than pleased by it. I'm not sure how the rest of this anime will play out with that in mind.
Jul 5, 11:45 PM
Jan 2023
i mean, this show is so cute.. love it
Jul 6, 2:09 AM
Jul 2017
It was really great episode one that is, we can’t said for the rest of it yet. But I have good expectations for it since they have really good voice actor and actress behind this project. Before we dive in let me give you a short summary about this anime:

Summary: the anime is about a drama club members, who decided to use her acting skills to showcase a harem scenario for her senpai. Maybe this summary is misleading but anyway let love on.

Okay let’s talk about the most important thing, is it worth watching anime? Um
Let’s see the animations, it gives me this vibe, this type of old style anime like from a romcom anime 5 years ago. The color wasn’t flashy, the movement wasn’t that exaggerated, don’t have many shot focus on scenery surrounding the characters. Instead, the character’s expression was more livid and many shots was about their conversation and expression during that time(as this is only episode one maybe a long the way they will shift their focus but I don’t think that going to be the case). Sound wise it was quite quiet since the plots was more focus on the characters voice that play by Rin Nanakura (main character) and that also the best part of this anime.

Rin Nanakura is voice by Hayami Saori. The very person who voice Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu (If you haven’t watch it yet I suggest you watch that one also, you won’t regret it). Back to the topic her voice is really amazing and so perfect for the main character who used many different tone to create different chara. Especially cool-Chan who just keep remind me of yukinon and the rest like tsundere-Chan, spoil-Chan and other just keep me guessing and excited though out the episode. Needless to say I have high expectations for the anime and will continue it for now.

And if you decide to watch it give me your thoughts after. Okay. bye for now.
Jul 6, 5:25 AM
Apr 2017
Bisa dengerin berbagai macam karakter suaranya Hayamin dari karakter Rin emang hal yg paling penting dari anime ini.

Apalagi karakter tipe cool nya bener² ngingetin gue sama Yukinon, emang the best suara karakter cool nya Hayamin. 😤
Jul 6, 8:28 AM
Sep 2021
I really like the OP, it's refreshing to see some tropes being parodied right from the start, and the character dynamics are so interesting and cute. The soundtrack is also just perfect, it captures the SOL feeling and is so soothing. The art style feels dated but I honestly enjoy it more like this, I don't know how to properly explain myself but it is just one of those things you feel I guess. Just feels cozy to have an older art style in a SOL. Hype is real for this anime.
Jul 6, 9:43 AM
Jun 2024
Pacing is a little bit fast but overall are okay.
Jul 6, 10:30 AM
Jun 2024
I got way more into this than I thought I would in the first episode. The characters are fun.
Jul 6, 10:59 AM
Jul 2019
An interesting premise and really cute... but far better suited to the original manage format than a full length anime. The manga chapters are only like four pages long which breaks things up nicely while this episode just kind of dragged on and on. Would have made for a good short anime though.
Jul 6, 11:40 AM

Oct 2022
Very sweet and fast paced, I loved the manga and it's nice to see everything animated. Overall, a good first episode and it's likely that it will adapt the majority of the manga based on the pace it's at right now.
Jul 6, 12:23 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to EndlessGr8
Hayami Saori seems like such a strange casting choice in my opinion. She's certainly a fine seiyuu, but range is not really one of her strengths and that really shows here. For a character that is supposed to flip-flop between archetypes dramatically, it really doesn't feel like that's being accomplished and I'm having a hard time of following the characters intentions at certain times. Like her or not, Hayami Saori is kind of a single-voice actress. I'm sure her rabid following of "she can do no wrong" fans will drag me through the mud for saying there are plenty of other seiyuu out there who would be much better suited to play Rin. The casting decision feels more like a cash grab by having an A-lister on board. I have to say that I find myself more distracted by her voice than pleased by it. I'm not sure how the rest of this anime will play out with that in mind.
EndlessGr8 said:
Like her or not, Hayami Saori is kind of a single-voice actress. I'm sure her rabid following of "she can do no wrong" fans will drag me through the mud for saying there are plenty of other seiyuu out there who would be much better suited to play Rin. The casting decision feels more like a cash grab by having an A-lister on board.

I think most of them (including me, kind of) just enjoy hearing slightly-different flavors of Hayami Saori's voice.

I was also slightly disappointed with how similar each of her personalities sounded, but at the same time I'm not so sure if it would've been better with a set of voices that sound completely different from each other. The first episode had a very chill, cutesy vibe that might not work well with a freakish, chameleon performance.

And honestly, I think the material is much too simplistic and surface-level to allow the actor to flex her acting muscles.
Jul 6, 1:27 PM
Mar 2021
just okay....I will give it a couple more weeks to see where it will go....
Jul 6, 3:59 PM

Aug 2019
I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would! One of the few shows so far that I'm actually looking forward too lol can't wait!
Jul 6, 5:35 PM
May 2020
Amazing first episode
Jul 6, 7:15 PM

Apr 2008
Reply to perseii
It's cute, but feels really clunky.

The way each of her personality is employed feels a little forced. A lot of the times the senpai just straight up asks for it. The personality swaps don't really have much of a lasting effect, either. Senpai just does a quick reaction on the spot, and that's about it.

If every episode is going to be a collection of ~10 occasions where Rin quickly rotates through personalities like this, I have a feeling this will get old fast.

Sure, I'm happy to hear Hayami Saori really have fun like this, and the character design and acting is great, but the material itself just feels so throwaway and low-effort...
@perseii Well said. It's a fun idea but it lacks heart. It's close to getting old already. Hoping this episode was focusing on introducing the idea and future ones will do a little bit more with it. It's also unfortunate we get so little reason for the relationship. The guy's prank at the start was at least something beyond blank slate, but we've got nothing on how that transitioned to such a determined crush.
Jul 6, 10:07 PM
Apr 2021
Kinda cringy, but it was the kind of cringy that made you have a smile on your face the whole time. Excited to see some deeper plot points and more characters
Jul 7, 12:12 AM
Nov 2010
Reply to Antanaru
It really doesn't work as an anime. It's easy to set "personalities" apart in manga panels but it's just a mess while animated with pacing like this. Visuals are really cheap too so you don't get anything out of it being animated, other than having voices, so it would work much better as picture drama. Manga was pretty charming but anime seems to be at the level of an average 4koma adaptation.
@Antanaru Agreed! The pacing is too fast and the story feels disjointed.
Jul 7, 1:08 AM
Jun 2024
amé este primer episodio, aunque se fue directamente al grano, la manera en que nos presentan a los personajes es divertida y hace que este anime tenga mucho futuro para mi.
Jul 7, 1:17 AM

Oct 2018
the "cold beauty" is clearly Yukino Yukinoshita :') same face, same voice we can only think to her XD
Jul 7, 6:52 AM
Oct 2019
Oh my god, Hayamin and Nobuhiko?
Their chemistry is amazing!!
It was really cute, i like it.

Rin Nanakura is the literally One for All.
Jul 7, 8:12 AM
Jan 2022
who doesn't love a wholesome, Slice of life, school romance, and with the female lead portraying different character which are pure waifu material the only downside is y is she doing everything giji is telling him I know that she likes him but doing everything for him in span of some days is kinda odd but overall I like the ep......
Jul 7, 11:07 AM

Jan 2020
First of all, they chose my favourite female VA so automatic watch, and yea as always she did an amazing job. As for the show itself, I’m a bit disappointed that she doesn’t have DID and is just acting, but small gripe I guess. Hopefully our dense mc will realize her feelings for him soon. Overall, not my favourite romcom this season with Alya around because that’s on another level, especially visually and with a better male mc, but a fun episode nonetheless.
Jul 7, 11:09 AM
May 2020
I started this Anime because of Kamisato Ayaka VA.
Jul 7, 12:47 PM
Mar 2021
I wasn't sure if I should watch it, but now I'm hooked
Jul 7, 4:23 PM
Jan 2020
I loved this way more than I should. I put off reading it for years, but now I'm glad it got an anime.
Jul 7, 6:05 PM

Apr 2009
Nothing about Eiji even remotely suggests why he's worth Rin's efforts like this, but maybe it's just love at first sight. It's an amusing idea but If this is the extent of the personalities I don't see how this doesn't get repetitive pretty quick. Feel like the fact they always have to say which personality it is shows it's not strong enough. Oh well, it was decent enough to keep watching and see where it goes over the next few episodes.
Jul 7, 8:17 PM

Jul 2009
Such a boring and same time creepy concept.
Jul 7, 8:32 PM

Feb 2017
The synopsis sounded interesting, and honestly, it starts off interesting, but the animation is pretty bad, like it was done without any effort.
Plus, Bakugou's seiyuu completely took me out of the story.

ㅤㅤ I love Nao Tomori ♡
ㅤㅤ友利奈緒のことが大好きです ♥

let's feel good
レッツ フィールグッドします
Jul 7, 9:32 PM
Jul 2024
pretty good actually
Jul 8, 12:15 AM

Jul 2023
I have to press dislike because so far, I don't see the point of the story and the jokes become tiring fast.

But on the plus side, her eyes are expressive. Her voice is that of Falin, so I can put up with that. Also, it's about a girl who is a massive simp for a guy who doesn't deserve it, so in a way it's refreshing.
Jul 8, 8:37 AM

Jul 2014
I remember reading this a long time ago, I always pictured Rin to be voiced by Hayami Saori and to my surprise she actually got the role and she is nailing it! Who needs a harem when SHE IS the harem. An all package in one. I love how they flirt under the guise of acting, its brilliant!
Jul 8, 10:44 AM
Jun 2020
The minimum velocity required by an object to escape earth's gravity is 11.2 km/sec. This anime is even faster. That being said, I do like it.
Jul 8, 11:40 AM

Nov 2013
Absolutely adorable. Best girl right there.
Jul 8, 12:19 PM

Aug 2021
oddly wholesome if it keeps on this track
Jul 8, 4:41 PM
Dec 2021
Horrible anime, cannot stand it
Jul 8, 8:39 PM
Jul 2023
pleasantly surprised, the seiyuus were excellent
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Rin is definitely best girl of the season

Claytoki - 7 hours ago

13 by Nirabu »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 25

50 by ArnauCP »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Personality of Rin

WaterMage_658 - Jul 25

7 by Chronigan »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Jul 18

52 by Benbolio »»
Yesterday, 1:17 PM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 11

93 by Ronin-errante »»
Jul 25, 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.