Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 30, 2010 5:03 PM
Nov 2008
Jigero said:
Oh the MPAA? yea cause they do such a super job against pirating. Even so I doubt it, they will probably be torn into pieces and thrown to the 4 winds like ADV.
Honestly?

My brain just fizzled from the sheer stupidity of those sentences.
no-thanksMay 30, 2010 5:06 PM
May 30, 2010 5:07 PM
Feb 2010
Jigero said:
Oh noez now the anime industry can only make 3 crappy anime a season instead of 5! your preaching to some one who doesn't really give a damn.

I never said I had a right, I just think it's funny how people like you try to interject morals into it when again, I just don't care, anime is one of the many things I pirate.

Oh the MPAA? yea cause they do such a super job against pirating. Even so I doubt it, they will probably be torn into pieces and thrown to the 4 winds like ADV.

I wasn't trying to force morals on you or anything, I was just saying that being happy thinking that the cheapest legitimate method for us to obtain high-quality anime is going away, just so it can be easier for you to pirate it, well, that's kind of a dick move.
And the MPAA thing, that's just an example to show that things could be worse, or in your language, I believe the phrase is "Now you'll have to click 3 times to pirate it". I know the MPAA isn't good at stopping all pirates, but it would be a pretty big inconvenience for you to have to jump an extra hoop and have your trackers and peers be less reliable and fast.

Onibokusu said:
Jigero said:
Honestly?

My brain just fizzled from the sheer stupidity of those sentences.

I did too for a second, but I think he just used pronouns too much. By "they" I think he meant Funimation. If not, then I agree
May 30, 2010 5:19 PM
Nov 2008
nmanguy said:
I did too for a second, but I think he just used pronouns too much. By "they" I think he meant Funimation. If not, then I agree

FUNi is the only anime company's that C&D's, but to say that the MPAA is going to go the way of the wind...you'd think that anime was all they dealt with.
May 30, 2010 5:26 PM

Jan 2010
Jigero said:
Oh noez now the anime industry can only make 3 crappy anime a season instead of 5! your preaching to some one who doesn't really give a damn.

I never said I had a right, I just think it's funny how people like you try to interject morals into it when again, I just don't care, anime is one of the many things I pirate.

This isn't about morals. It's about the insistence to pirate. Even if fansubs were made available legally free worldwide by the anime's owner, without DRM.
May 30, 2010 5:26 PM
Feb 2010
Onibokusu said:
nmanguy said:

FUNi is the only anime company's that C&D's, but to say that the MPAA is going to go the way of the wind...you'd think that anime was all they dealt with.

No, I mean, the way I read "Even so I doubt it, they will probably be torn into pieces and thrown to the 4 winds like ADV." seems like he's referring to Funimation, since ADV was a company similar to Funimation, so he's saying it won't be bought.
May 30, 2010 5:40 PM
Nov 2008
nmanguy said:
Onibokusu said:
nmanguy said:

No, I mean, the way I read "Even so I doubt it, they will probably be torn into pieces and thrown to the 4 winds like ADV." seems like he's referring to Funimation, since ADV was a company similar to Funimation, so he's saying it won't be bought.

I doubt that'll happen, as Geneon USA and ADV died thanks to botched deals, not that they weren't bought at all.
May 30, 2010 5:44 PM

Oct 2008
garfield15 said:
Just out of curiosity, are we ever going to talk about what the news article is about?

In other words, not about FUNi dying. Cause it seems a lot of people think FUNi is dying for some reason.

Unfortunately the crowd control here well,... sucks. It's unlike crowd control at the ANN forums (I'm not a user there, but I do observe it quite often). The moderators there are very much in-the-know about these sort of things and are moe strict to keeping things on-topic. Though unless I'm mistaken, you happen to have an account there, so I'm pretty sure you of all people know what I'm talking about.
HypeathonMay 30, 2010 5:50 PM
May 30, 2010 7:02 PM

Jan 2008
I suggest a permaban or at least spamming supersonic124.

I hate trolls... and even more when they're n00bs >_>"
May 30, 2010 8:07 PM

Jan 2010
Maybe. I don't yet know the rules here well, but I'll hazard to say I'm guessing they'll be put to use on some of the flaming.
May 31, 2010 4:15 PM

Apr 2010
Licensors suck; imports plz.
Jun 1, 2010 10:46 AM

Aug 2009
Jigero said:
YAY GOOD RIDDANCE!

Lol. I partially agree though. It's got its flips as well as advantages.
Jun 6, 2010 3:30 AM

Nov 2007
Deleted a few pages of flaming and trolling. I'm not reading the whole thread in detail though, so may have missed some posts quoting the flaming and insults. Such are the woes of such threads when people repeatedly quote morons instead of ignoring them.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Yami Shibai' Gets 13th Season in Summer 2024

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

9 by Poydoo »»
12 minutes ago

» 'Shoushimin Series' Unveils Additional Staff, Theme Songs, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

2 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Jun 6

17 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago

» Gainax Begins Production of 'Aoki Uru' Anime Movie After Lawsuit

arsonal - Jun 23, 2017

25 by wallus81 »»
Yesterday, 3:53 PM

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 11:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.