Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 1, 2023 8:07 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to KatoWorks
@xZabuzax

I didn't say it's perfect, but I'll admit it's good. 😹
@KatoWorks Fair enough, I didn't say it was bad either, I said it was average and generic so far, maybe it will get better later on.

There, now that we come to a peaceful conclusion, let's move on.
Oct 1, 2023 8:33 PM

May 2019
I really like extended premiers like "Oshi no Ko" and now this one. In the first half there were several omens of Leo getting killed and I thought that it was going to come true but luckily old powerful Ragna was somehow able to merge with the current younger Ragna. They said there was a price to pay for that merger and I think it was that his life would be shortened (or altered? I didn't fully get that).

Btw, did the dragons really destroy a city because a god's favorite pastry shop shut down? Ok then. Anyways, hopefully Leo remains safe and I'm curious to see what will happen to Ragna.
Oct 1, 2023 10:42 PM

Mar 2013
It was really long, made my heart race and has given me hope for another great anime series to look forward to.
Oct 2, 2023 2:05 AM
Mar 2014
Meh..., didn't spike my interest at all.
Pass
Oct 2, 2023 3:59 AM

Mar 2008
Leonica has a weird character design. She's cute but wtf a lip fang AND straight teeth at the same time? I thought lip fangs were just a way to draw fangs but what is this a birth defect? It doesnt even stay same side of her face lol i dont completely hate it but it just doesnt make sense.

What was up with that last scene? Everyone is just standing there not animated at all as Leo runs through them, it looked unnatural.

I like the vibes in this though, good start id say even though way things are played out we basically just get an OP MC and dont get to see him doing the work just a version of him but at least it makes sense and technically is himself so it kind of counts since it was him afterall. Just would have been better if some more of a glimpse was there but maybe something would be shown later idk.
traedOct 2, 2023 4:12 AM
Oct 2, 2023 7:36 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to EmpireDeLuna
Tablekun said:
I love how Mushoku Tensei S2 has an 8.4 and did nothing to deserve it, but Ragna is a 7.19, and did more in 47 minutes than the entirety of MT S2.
Just shows how out of touch the majority of the community on here is.
These episodes did their job. I was anticipating this to be good from its' trailer, and these eps delivered the hook. Let's hope it delivers the rest of the way.

you're obviously just expecting some dumb action, so zip it, before you embarrassed yourself even more
@EmpireDeLuna You're the one embarrassing yourself by speaking ill of people who enjoy the show.
Oct 2, 2023 7:52 AM
Jan 2021
YuChunHsieh said:
@EmpireDeLuna You're the one embarrassing yourself by speaking ill of people who enjoy the show.

Are you getting offended because i said the comparison that person made about this show and Mushoku Tensei, is embarrassing? are you supporting that poor comparison? because if not, then i don't know what this "speaking ill" you're talking about.

And how am i embarrassing myself if i'm simply just stating the fact?
Oct 2, 2023 9:38 AM
Oct 2022
Hidden gem of this season
Oct 2, 2023 2:40 PM

Aug 2018
This first episode looks really good!! Can't wait for more, the story seems really interesting.
Oct 2, 2023 6:38 PM
Jul 2019
Seems like a series that wants to be edgy and serious but can't quite follow through. All that buildup to the dragons attacking and why exactly are they hell bent on wiping out the kingdom? Because of a desert shop...

I know a series like this is targeted at adolescent boys but this is also a serious case of where they should have gone with characters that were a bit older. Leo's character in general feels really off for a twelve year old and Ragna's obsession with said twelve year old comes off as creepy. Even just tacking on five years would have made the characters more realistic and match the personalities better.
Oct 2, 2023 6:40 PM
Mar 2021
nice keren lah dari grafis dan cerita lumayan baru
Oct 2, 2023 7:08 PM
Mar 2013
Didn't know what I was watching and found it enjoyable after the fact. Keen to see more.
Oct 2, 2023 7:13 PM
Dec 2019
Where is this airing? Not on Crunchyroll or aniwatch thanks
Oct 2, 2023 7:25 PM

May 2015
Meh, it was ok I guess. Guess ill read some of the manga and see if it's worth continuing
Oct 2, 2023 8:53 PM
Oct 2022
Soooo how old is Ragna...?
Oct 2, 2023 11:36 PM
Jul 2023
I liked this first episode. It seems generic at first glance but the added element of Future Ragna making a deal with who I believe is the dragon God to imbue his power on himself 40ish years earlier gives it the extra push to keep me invested. I'm not a huge fan of overpowered main characters, but this could be good.
Oct 3, 2023 12:31 AM

Jun 2023
This is just a masterpiece
Oct 3, 2023 4:29 AM

Dec 2014
kinda edgy but i love it. I hope he get stronger

Oct 3, 2023 4:54 AM
May 2021
Epic start of the season 🔥
Oct 3, 2023 5:45 AM
Apr 2022
maybe there could have been a better method to transfer power, but the old self just jammed his sword into his past self gut, later explaining that he trained so hard that he and the sword fused into one. now that's epic, good start
Oct 3, 2023 6:42 AM
Oct 2023
It was quite enjoyable
Oct 3, 2023 9:04 AM

Jan 2021
This is new with a fresh story i like it
Oct 3, 2023 9:55 AM

Apr 2018
givin this a chance because why not, been hard to get into animes lately.
depressed lost mcs r fun to watch

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 3, 2023 1:18 PM
Feb 2013
45min show us everything and how he can start again and might change everything without even tell him what he will see next
Oct 3, 2023 1:50 PM
Jul 2022
So unexpected, quite unique and not a copy paste
Oct 3, 2023 3:01 PM

Sep 2021
I'm glad this one got the extended premiere, because the first 15 minutes were all over the place. But many good shows, especially those fantasy actons, do that. Not to mention time travel(-ish) stories always run risk of being confusing.

Afterwards it got a lot better, as the whole vision thing was explained. Ragna saving Leo was really emotional too. And it does a great job portraying the dark and gloomy atmosphere.

One thing I didn't like was the span of Leo's character. She might only be 12, but she was too childish in some scenes compared to how cool she is in others. Hopefully this won't become to much of an annoyance.

I wonder what's going to happen next. I feel like this was just a big introduction and the main plot has yet to start.
Oct 3, 2023 4:49 PM
May 2017
I love a long first episode, it really creates that complete feel of what we're getting into. It has an interesting plot as well though. Wow Ragna's past self, steeped in regret and self loathing, somehow journeyed to the past to give himself the strength he lacked to protect his friends. I'm wondering if it was just power he transferred, or if it was also the experience and memories as well. That would be an interesting as it reminds me of what Eren did when he mastered the power of the founding.

Off topic but this would make a great video game as well, open world action rpg to be specific.

4.5/5
Oct 3, 2023 4:51 PM
Mar 2017
Great first Episode
Loved the voice acting
Solid Animation
Oct 3, 2023 4:56 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Quanda1eDing1e
I love a long first episode, it really creates that complete feel of what we're getting into. It has an interesting plot as well though. Wow Ragna's past self, steeped in regret and self loathing, somehow journeyed to the past to give himself the strength he lacked to protect his friends. I'm wondering if it was just power he transferred, or if it was also the experience and memories as well. That would be an interesting as it reminds me of what Eren did when he mastered the power of the founding.

Off topic but this would make a great video game as well, open world action rpg to be specific.

4.5/5
Quanda1eDing1e said:
I'm wondering if it was just power he transferred, or if it was also the experience and memories as well.

You will get a bit more info about this in the next episode but remember that Ragna did say in the 1st episode after saving Leo: "He's not here anymore, but I know his life story", so this already answers part of your question.
Oct 3, 2023 5:47 PM
May 2017
Reply to xZabuzax
Quanda1eDing1e said:
I'm wondering if it was just power he transferred, or if it was also the experience and memories as well.

You will get a bit more info about this in the next episode but remember that Ragna did say in the 1st episode after saving Leo: "He's not here anymore, but I know his life story", so this already answers part of your question.
@xZabuzax true true he did say that
Oct 3, 2023 5:51 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Quanda1eDing1e
@xZabuzax true true he did say that
@Quanda1eDing1e Yep, even before future Ragna transferred his powers to his past self, the present Ragna was already remembering the things that his future self went through so we can easily conclude that their memories were already merging at that point.

Not all of the memories are transferred though, you will get more info about this in the next episode.
Oct 3, 2023 5:59 PM
Mar 2022
awesome, better than expectation
Oct 3, 2023 6:25 PM
May 2022
nefasto, lento y aburrido y te sexualizan una piba de 12. no seas el rarito al que le gusta esto
Oct 3, 2023 8:23 PM

Apr 2021
I didn't enjoy the start that much, BUT, I can tell this thing has massive potential. I do quite enjoy the story. I will def keep watching!
Oct 3, 2023 11:20 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Is age gap the running theme of this season or what? I didn't much care for this premiere when compared to some of the other shows this season. The way he gained his powers at the end was quite disappointing. I'm hoping I enjoy it more as the story progresses. This was basically, just a long set-up episode, so I will try to reserve judgement and give it a proper chance.
Oct 3, 2023 11:24 PM

May 2021
what a start!!!

banger ep. really love the manga. I hope Ken Takahashi can fully do it justice. animation and overall looked really good (considering this is a Silver Link anime). if every ep looks like this, then we're in for a good time.
Oct 4, 2023 12:18 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
I Felt some AoT vibes with Ragna's determination to kill each and every dragon. As long as he doesn't end up being a dragon himself, everything is ok.

It had a very good start. The future-present element is very interesting, but I hope they can execute it without incurring in too many plot holes.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Oct 4, 2023 12:51 AM

Oct 2008
woooooow! this was awesome! quite impressive! that was a solid premiere opener 47-long minutes! nice!!
5/5.

Oct 4, 2023 1:10 AM

Feb 2022
Long episode - kind of an interesting premise. I honestly think If the show started out with just this old man going around killing dragons and then went back in time to this point it'd be a bit more interesting and give us more attachment. But curious to see how it plays out.
Oct 4, 2023 3:39 AM
Oct 2023
Nice story and nice animating
Oct 4, 2023 5:40 AM
May 2022
WHAT A EPISODE GUYS YOU ALL LOVE THIS ANIME
Oct 4, 2023 9:57 AM
May 2020
well that's certainly one way to become OP
Oct 4, 2023 4:58 PM
Jan 2017
It was awesome! Loved it!
Oct 5, 2023 1:52 AM

Oct 2020
That was close for Leonica for her not to die yet.
Oct 5, 2023 3:25 AM
Apr 2021
Holy SHIT that was a fucking fire premiere a cant even lie, the animation is actually great with all the freezing and shit + Ragna is so cold and I totally felt his older self being happy asf seeing Leo again after he lost her🥹

Other than that im looking forward to the next episode🤩🤩🔥🔥🔥😫
Oct 5, 2023 6:28 AM

Jun 2016
holy fuck what is this show !!!

i cant believe how amazingly super good first episode !!!

yoo this totally badassss !!
Oct 5, 2023 12:14 PM

May 2021
Great build up and start to the series, with one stupid exception which is the whole bakery part. That kind of ruined it for me. Guy could have said "god just asked us to do it and their word is absolute" and it would have been great. The whole "bakery was robbed so they told us to destroy everything" doesn't fit the tone. Other than that, I liked the whole two episode intro. Kind of feel they didn't give enough attention to animation during Ragna's becoming. But whatever.
Oct 5, 2023 3:10 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to MeanEYE
Great build up and start to the series, with one stupid exception which is the whole bakery part. That kind of ruined it for me. Guy could have said "god just asked us to do it and their word is absolute" and it would have been great. The whole "bakery was robbed so they told us to destroy everything" doesn't fit the tone. Other than that, I liked the whole two episode intro. Kind of feel they didn't give enough attention to animation during Ragna's becoming. But whatever.
@MeanEYE
MeanEYE said:
Great build up and start to the series, with one stupid exception which is the whole bakery part. That kind of ruined it for me. Guy could have said "god just asked us to do it and their word is absolute" and it would have been great.

I don't blame you, I'm a manga reader and when I saw that part in the beginning I found it weird too, it was so random but you will quickly realize it kind of fits the tone and I will explain why without giving too much spoilers:

The dragons and their God are bullies and the humans are an inferior species, they are like ants to them, the dragon and their God don't mind coexisting with humans or being around them but the moment they get annoyed by something, they will just say, fuck it, let's kill these guys and that's what happened here, a bakery shop got robbed, the bully dragon God can't eat his favorite cake anymore or biscuit or whatever it was eating and it got annoyed and decided to kill everyone around that area, the dragon God can still get a cake from other bakery shops but it doesn't care, it got annoyed and decided to start a killing spree.

You should approach that part with that type of mentality and you will see how it starts making sense the more you advance in the story.
Oct 5, 2023 7:20 PM

May 2021
Reply to xZabuzax
@MeanEYE
MeanEYE said:
Great build up and start to the series, with one stupid exception which is the whole bakery part. That kind of ruined it for me. Guy could have said "god just asked us to do it and their word is absolute" and it would have been great.

I don't blame you, I'm a manga reader and when I saw that part in the beginning I found it weird too, it was so random but you will quickly realize it kind of fits the tone and I will explain why without giving too much spoilers:

The dragons and their God are bullies and the humans are an inferior species, they are like ants to them, the dragon and their God don't mind coexisting with humans or being around them but the moment they get annoyed by something, they will just say, fuck it, let's kill these guys and that's what happened here, a bakery shop got robbed, the bully dragon God can't eat his favorite cake anymore or biscuit or whatever it was eating and it got annoyed and decided to kill everyone around that area, the dragon God can still get a cake from other bakery shops but it doesn't care, it got annoyed and decided to start a killing spree.

You should approach that part with that type of mentality and you will see how it starts making sense the more you advance in the story.
@xZabuzax I got that much, but they could have handled it a bit differently I think. Like this it feels out of place. Had it been causally mentioned at a different moment it would relay the same sentiment without it interrupting what was suppose to be a serious moment. Overall it didn't ruin first two episodes, just kind of annoyed me since it felt like a fart at a funeral kind of thing.
Oct 5, 2023 7:31 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to MeanEYE
@xZabuzax I got that much, but they could have handled it a bit differently I think. Like this it feels out of place. Had it been causally mentioned at a different moment it would relay the same sentiment without it interrupting what was suppose to be a serious moment. Overall it didn't ruin first two episodes, just kind of annoyed me since it felt like a fart at a funeral kind of thing.
@MeanEYE Yep I get what you mean mate, oh well, I hope that part didn't ruin it for other watchers out there.

The weakest part of Ragna Crimson is the beginning but damn, it gets really good later, give this anime a couple of episodes, and then you will see how good the story becomes, at least the manga is pretty good in that regard, I'm still skeptical with the anime but let's see how it handles the next episodes.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Dec 2, 2023

55 by Jonsitoa »»
Yesterday, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Oct 21, 2023

69 by Jonsitoa »»
May 28, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 30

114 by grapman »»
May 27, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 19 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 24

23 by Magicmist »»
May 24, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 18 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 17

43 by De-Guzman »»
May 23, 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.