Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 1 Discussion

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2023 8:47 AM
Dec 2020
A good start, very fun and with a very beautiful animation, the soundtrack is good and the fact that the protagonist is OP is very good, I hope it continues at this pace until the end of the season and does not fall into an avalanche of clichés
Apr 4, 2023 9:05 AM

Dec 2016
Is this supposed to be the next level isekai that Gigukk and his posse claim to be the pinnacle of isekai?

What a bad joke. And I don't mean it like some bad joke that's so bad that it goes all around to ironically being good like isekai smartphone (which is also utter trash), I mean just bad as in terrible and irredeemable trash.

The whish fulfilment and escapism levels are off the charts. Loser fat guy that everyone hastes (even his family) miraculously finds a portal to another world where he gets a deed to a house by a random nobody and gets to lvl 100 by killing a mob 300 lvls above with one shot. F*ck man, at least other shows that atempt to write an overpowered character as a comedy, not as some sort of edgy self fanfic that tries to escape from a terrible reality that only requires a bit of hard work.

Yeah, my exact thoughts.

I'll be here all week guys. This is going to be a fun hate watch of the season.
Apr 4, 2023 9:09 AM

Apr 2021
Why did I get this hentai kinda vibe on some of the scenes? anyway, the art is pretty nice. Good to know that this anime is in good hands (maybe)

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

Apr 4, 2023 9:14 AM
Jun 2020
Decent episode but sets such an bad example for people..Bro gets bullied..starts crying what i can do?...How about trying to lose weight?...Learn some stuff about self development from the web..or Striving for self improvement....but no.. Magic door appears and kaboom all problems are gone...So convenient...lol
Apr 4, 2023 9:23 AM

Sep 2018
What can I say, guy knows how to take a punch.

I expect that will be the pinnacle of the show for me.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 4, 2023 9:43 AM
Oct 2022
I hope they don’t fxck this up like fruit of evolution was. I really enjoy this ep
Apr 4, 2023 9:44 AM

Dec 2012
Damn... Finally something Isekai twist

Apr 4, 2023 9:46 AM

Feb 2019
Production values are through the roof on this. Kirito voice ✅ Obese loser who gets bullied and an opportunity to start over ✅ insanely convenient plot contrivances ✅ definitely an isekai by Miku. Bro loves the obese loser to chad pipeline lmao.

But has some unique things that set it apart. For starters the art quality, the fact yuuya can cross between worlds, which we’ve seen in roukin8 recently but not necessarily to this quality, the fact his level resets when he crosses, etc. I’m hoping this stays good and doesn’t fall off like fruit of evolution did
Apr 4, 2023 9:57 AM
Mar 2021
This anime already got me interested by the first episodes story I LOVED IT!
Apr 4, 2023 10:03 AM
Oct 2021
The isekai is the most cheat of any isekai
Apr 4, 2023 10:06 AM

Jan 2016
It's a slideshow lmao
Apr 4, 2023 10:50 AM

Dec 2013
That wasn't half bad, it is basically Shinka no Mi but more serious and with a million times more production value, at the very least there is no way this is worse than Shin Shinka no Mi.

What sold me was OP by Tsukuyomi, I was just thinking about her yesterday and that I haven't seen anything new from her for a while.
Apr 4, 2023 10:51 AM
Mar 2018
So Fruit of Evolution + Roukin8.

At least it seems significantly better than his previous work Fruit of Evolution.
Apr 4, 2023 10:52 AM
Dec 2022
Animation is decent and i don't there is any thing to talk about because I'm happy my favorite manga get anime adaptation
Apr 4, 2023 11:19 AM
May 2021
Animation looks good, let's see how it will turn out. So far a decent start.
超絶最かわてんしちゃん
私はインターネットの天使なのだ 🧬( ⁎ᵕᴗᵕ⁎ )🧬
†昇天†
Apr 4, 2023 11:26 AM
Aug 2018
"A failure gets granted everything in life with no effort on his part", the 1000th web novel.

The art looks pretty good though.
Apr 4, 2023 12:11 PM
Feb 2021
The first episode was so good.
Can't wait for 2nd episode.
Apr 4, 2023 12:38 PM

Mar 2014
This anime (manga) is fine an all, but everything was waaaaaaaaay too easy and convenient, I like the story, just not the way how it started, everything was already maxed and best of everything you can ever hope to find in the other world.
So what's the point of even trying?
You even got an unlimited supply of food and money, like really there's no point to ever do anything ever, just sit back and chill, and enjoy day.
Apr 4, 2023 12:43 PM
Apr 2020
One of my favorite isekai plots! Though I wish there was more of a training arc before reaching such staggering strength.
Apr 4, 2023 1:11 PM
Jun 2020
AllGamer said:
This anime (manga) is fine an all, but everything was waaaaaaaaay too easy and convenient, I like the story, just not the way how it started, everything was already maxed and best of everything you can ever hope to find in the other world.
So what's the point of even trying?
You even got an unlimited supply of food and money, like really there's no point to ever do anything ever, just sit back and chill, and enjoy day.
Well there is revenge, I hope he take revenge on everyone instead of being weak.
Apr 4, 2023 1:26 PM

May 2015
Millipense should have made Kumo desu ga nani ka season 2 instead of this generic dreck
Apr 4, 2023 1:27 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Isekai No. 273829101090 lets go. Fulfils all the clichés so far, I have 0 expectations. Art style is a bit weird, lets see if I can get used to it.
Apr 4, 2023 1:42 PM

Jul 2015
Love the art style. The pretty characters are just out of this world... Eh, EH?

I'll show myself out.
Apr 4, 2023 1:51 PM
Jul 2014
It's quite dumb that he looks down and sees abs instead of fat, notices his clothes don't fit any more, takes measurements and buys new clothes -- not even once looking in a mirror to see how he's changed.

I get it, he broke his mirror at home because he hates his appearance and doesn't want to look at himself, but still: no stray shop window reflections, or changing room mirrors at the stores?

The author definitely has an MC "type"; seems likely he was bullied like that in school and this is a personal wish fulfillment. This one also speed-runs the OP, even more so than FoE. Still, this one looks like it's taking itself a little more seriously, which may be good. It almost certainly can't be any worse than FoE S2.
Apr 4, 2023 2:05 PM

Mar 2014
basically a delusional author tried to express the way he masturbated in reality in texts and somehow this got adapted into an anime.
Apr 4, 2023 2:27 PM
Feb 2019
Pretty good.  Just a HUGE fantasy anime of course.  Who wouldn't want over US$ 15K in mere 2 days and doing almost nothing (just few kills).

ButtSlapper
basically a delusional author tried to express the way he masturbated in reality in texts and somehow this got adapted into an anime. 

Exactly, you resumed it all.  lol
Apr 4, 2023 2:36 PM
Dec 2021
Like some others’ comments noted, the Japs really needs this. So don’t blame this for getting popular. It helps with anxiety, and depression, knowing that a magical door can pop out and get you everything you’ve ever wanted. That’s not sarcasm, this kind of series saves lives of youth from suicide better than shows that just throws reality into your face and does actual story without the convenience.

“There’s no need for you to rush, All preparations are made, There’s no need for you to think, all pressures are removed, we offer you comfort, harmony and order, in this beautiful non-consequential world made of trash”

I hate it though, but I will still watch it
Apr 4, 2023 2:42 PM

Jun 2016
It seems a very interesting series, well animated too, hope it will keep going well.
Apr 4, 2023 3:05 PM

Oct 2014
wow the level of self-insert in this shte
Apr 4, 2023 3:13 PM
Jun 2020
INado said:
I like the idea of someone being bullied and then everyone starting respecting him
so you are telling me respecting someone who is lying to you?

kalpakgupta said:
Why does such an ultra generic isekai have this good quality animation?
i wonder why aswell

Hritikvaish_77 said:
well i really like isekai genre and when eminence in shadow 1st episode started i was hoping that he could show off his power in real world but come out too much good
and this anime is same concept as i thought and interesting and what's with quality 🥵 .Well i hope it keeps getting interesting

for those who are rating this from their 1st episode lame .⟨don't judge book's story by it's first page⟩
i judge it by the LN and the Manga and its only a 6 worth

Icarus1488 said:
Man, what a ridiculous wish fulfillment trashfire. Let me guess - topping the charts in Japan?
yep a dream of all fat ugly otakus in Japan a typical Mary sue

Alkimia said:
Already kind of don't like this to be completely honest lol but hey it's better than that other isekai from the other day. The concept is somewhat different I guess, with our MC being able to move back and forth from another world. But I really don't like how he really just like got his body all messed up and changed overnight because he went from level 1 to 100 in like two seconds. I was fully expecting him to go through maybe like at least SOME training to get in shape, but nope. We just get a quick transformation, and he's suddenly in perfect shape, and he somehow doesn't realize? lol

It feels generic, but people who have read the LN seem to be optimistic. And to be completely honest, I've seen isekai with worse starts than this. This feels like nothing compared to those, so I'll stick around for the next two or three episodes and decide from there if I'll stick to this one. I also kinda liked the OP. Just a little sidenote but yeah
i can say it will become very very very generic and very very very cringe next Episode we will get some cheap Drama and our first minor villain who speaks some 3 rate villain lines
Apr 4, 2023 3:26 PM
Jan 2021
An excellent start for the series, I hope we get some retribution against the bullies!
Apr 4, 2023 4:21 PM

Jan 2021
PAVELsama said:
Where to watch it ?
You can watch this on gogo anime
Apr 4, 2023 4:48 PM
Jun 2020
astralkill00 said:
Interesting story like Rougo huh but more like GATE.

The character designs are obviously made BEAUTIFUL. Even his fatso self was NOT that ugly. It looks similar enough from the source (even the mob characters get to have them...?) but I'm getting OreGaiRu chara design vibes just by watching this.

Oh, I mustn't forget the "video game" like system.

I hope this will be a fun ride.

P.S. If there's no translation from the texts from the video game-like panels/menu, one would wonder what are the meanings behind each of them. 🫠🫠🫠
i think Video game Elements are outdated

Mystier said:
The same author as Shinka no Mi... IDK what narrative the author is trying to push through these 2 series. A fat ugly guy suddenly gets a cheat skill, becomes super handsome then gets girls and harem stuff? This plot is so conveniently lazy to the point it surprised me how people like it in the first place. Especially in this anime's first ep, the guy has 2 siblings raised by the same parents and he's the only one being fat since a child, he got bullied by it but somehow his physique doesn't change for 18 years of his life. Like how? He doesn't have big bones or anything, don't know if he works out or not but he also works part-time, and the most important point: he touches grass. Like the author is trying to make the protagonist stupidly unrealistic just to make god-knows-who pity him, but not me.

My point? If the author wants to write an isekai, please just make a normal likable protagonist with the same background, no need to repeat this same starting trope. A good protagonist at least be able to face and overcome his disadvantage and do it through hard work. Not just give him a stupid cheat to bypass the whole plot and expect people to like it.
this is your typical Mary sue

Jo_Liedson said:
A good start, very fun and with a very beautiful animation, the soundtrack is good and the fact that the protagonist is OP is very good, I hope it continues at this pace until the end of the season and does not fall into an avalanche of clichés
mit will be an avalance of cliches it will be a olymp of cliches

Kimurah said:
Is this supposed to be the next level isekai that Gigukk and his posse claim to be the pinnacle of isekai?

What a bad joke. And I don't mean it like some bad joke that's so bad that it goes all around to ironically being good like isekai smartphone (which is also utter trash), I mean just bad as in terrible and irredeemable trash.

The whish fulfilment and escapism levels are off the charts. Loser fat guy that everyone hastes (even his family) miraculously finds a portal to another world where he gets a deed to a house by a random nobody and gets to lvl 100 by killing a mob 300 lvls above with one shot. F*ck man, at least other shows that atempt to write an overpowered character as a comedy, not as some sort of edgy self fanfic that tries to escape from a terrible reality that only requires a bit of hard work.

Yeah, my exact thoughts.

I'll be here all week guys. This is going to be a fun hate watch of the season.
it will become even more cringe and retarded Trust me

Sharry_DivinRith said:
Decent episode but sets such an bad example for people..Bro gets bullied..starts crying what i can do?...How about trying to lose weight?...Learn some stuff about self development from the web..or Striving for self improvement....but no.. Magic door appears and kaboom all problems are gone...So convenient...lol
when you cant change the world you have to change yourself and that he does no Sport or try to lose weight proves he will stay a loser

autumnsnow421 said:
I hope they don’t fxck this up like fruit of evolution was. I really enjoy this ep
bro you are not prepared

Apr 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Nov 2021
I feel like I've seen this story a hundred times already, but at least the art style looks nice.
Apr 4, 2023 5:10 PM

Nov 2011
I really liked this one. Felt a little like Isekai Uncle.

The art and animation is freaking beautiful and the Op and Ed are pretty good.

Def gonna keep up with this one.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 4, 2023 5:17 PM

Aug 2019
Maruseru93 said:
Alkimia said:
Already kind of don't like this to be completely honest lol but hey it's better than that other isekai from the other day. The concept is somewhat different I guess, with our MC being able to move back and forth from another world. But I really don't like how he really just like got his body all messed up and changed overnight because he went from level 1 to 100 in like two seconds. I was fully expecting him to go through maybe like at least SOME training to get in shape, but nope. We just get a quick transformation, and he's suddenly in perfect shape, and he somehow doesn't realize? lol

It feels generic, but people who have read the LN seem to be optimistic. And to be completely honest, I've seen isekai with worse starts than this. This feels like nothing compared to those, so I'll stick around for the next two or three episodes and decide from there if I'll stick to this one. I also kinda liked the OP. Just a little sidenote but yeah
i can say it will become very very very generic and very very very cringe next Episode we will get some cheap Drama and our first minor villain who speaks some 3 rate villain lines
Ah... Well I had a feeling it would quickly go downhill lol might as well try to at least watch through the next one and see what happens. But something tells me I'll end up dropping it
Apr 4, 2023 6:52 PM

Jun 2013
Interesting concept but everything else is pretty generic
Apr 4, 2023 7:58 PM

Feb 2019
it didn't start getting interesting until after he found the door, and of course they have to end it when things are looking more than interesting since he got everyone who bullied him all riled up coz of his big change over the break lol can't wait for next week's episode then.
Apr 4, 2023 8:12 PM
Apr 2021
This seems like a very interesting show the art looks PHENOMENAL😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨🔥🔥🔥🔥 and the premise is pretty nice to me I want to see more ppls reaction to Yuuta’s new appearance, looking forward to the next episode
Apr 4, 2023 9:52 PM
May 2017
This is probably gonna be one of those anime you can just let your brain go on autopilot and just enjoy. First episode was chill, we'll see how things go

4/5
Apr 4, 2023 11:06 PM
Mar 2022
very rush history
Apr 4, 2023 11:20 PM
Apr 2023
His origin was very intriguing
Apr 4, 2023 11:23 PM
Apr 2020
I’m actually anti isekai, eminence in shadow & assassin reincarnated as aristocrat are the only exception. if this can be anything like those two shows, wich is the vibes that the first ep already gave me. I think this can be good! It’s certainly a more interesting plot then every other isekai with that type of name. Animation is also wayyyyyy better then any other isekai out there ( except for eminence) i’m gonna give this a change, however if this turns out to be a letdown within the first few eps, i will no go through with it. I can’t continue watching something that is good first ep and then turns out to be trash (wich has happened to me a few times already ngl)
Apr 5, 2023 12:24 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
You're never properly watching seasonal anime unless you have your token isekai added to the mix, and one that looks to be an power-fantasy one at that. We all know it isn't going to be GOOD... but there's always a chance that all that is insufferable will be outclassed and outshined by pure dumb fun as we watch our over-powered protagonist pick up chicks like candy from a pinata. And as far as first episodes go, this one isn't anything special as expected. But it was a good first episode in the sense that it does get you invested somewhat, as do most isekai do... before just going nowhere and being as generic as can be. That said, I believe this one has the potential to be a little more than that; nothing new, but still something I could enjoy week to week. I mean, even with the typical bullying backstory, this one still hits kinda hard and you can't help but root for this guy even just a little. Can't wait to see him wreck everybody. As for the art style, I like it, seems pretty clean to me. Certainly is very very anime-like, especially the character designs. They're so anime that I can't even anime this anime. Anyway, this will be my isekai for the season, and I hope it won't let me down.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 5, 2023 12:42 AM
Oct 2021
Softhenic03 said:
Ugly ass fat dude one moment.. ripped as fuck the other, yep isekai with its wish fulfilment. Moreover Matsuoka Yoshitsugu voicing the main dude ticks everything an iskeai needs to become identical with the usual mass produced trash we get in an unusual amount every season.

Also drop the brightness.

I feel they should have slowed down his transformation. It was too fast, no growth there
Apr 5, 2023 12:51 AM

Dec 2015
For some reason, this anime really reminds me of Accel World and Tate no Yuusha....
Apr 5, 2023 1:02 AM
Jun 2020
guonnie said:
Softhenic03 said:
Ugly ass fat dude one moment.. ripped as fuck the other, yep isekai with its wish fulfilment. Moreover Matsuoka Yoshitsugu voicing the main dude ticks everything an iskeai needs to become identical with the usual mass produced trash we get in an unusual amount every season.

Also drop the brightness.

I feel they should have slowed down his transformation. It was too fast, no growth there
of course there is no growth since there is no character development at all
Apr 5, 2023 2:01 AM
Nov 2022
Definitely, you've to try :) simply excellent

Apr 5, 2023 2:10 AM
Mar 2023
crazy visuals.....outstanding art style
Apr 5, 2023 2:28 AM
Oct 2022
What an amazing start for an easy guy anime the 1st episode I really love that I really love that I really really loved it
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Genuine question: Who actually enjoyed this show? ( 1 2 )

KuyaC - Mar 26

72 by Dransyo »»
Aug 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2023

232 by bilge0209 »»
Jul 30, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

115 by Azuchi »»
Jul 14, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

242 by Azuchi »»
Jul 13, 8:44 AM

» It's so good

Zezul - Apr 24, 2023

10 by lawleagle »»
Jun 16, 10:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.