Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 4, 2023 2:55 PM
Jun 2021
Bro this shit got me CRYIN no CYA P
Apr 4, 2023 6:53 PM

Feb 2014
I hope y'all enjoyed the trip so far, this next season is when the show will start to go downhill.
Apr 4, 2023 8:36 PM
Jun 2021
curvedtree said:
I hope y'all enjoyed the trip so far, this next season is when the show will start to go downhill.

Without any spoiler why it will go downhill?
I'm curious to know
Apr 4, 2023 9:29 PM

Feb 2014
Thehaterofmal said:
curvedtree said:

I'm curious to know
The objective of the story was having the other confess first, right? They are dating now, hence they already fulfilled the main objective of the story. So it stops being about a battle of wits, and turns in to another generic rom-com.
Particularly I have two things worth saying, Hayasaka gets a good arc, however Fujiwara's character is crushed. I was a huge Fujiwara fan, I was so hyped for the development she would get, it annoyed me what Akasaka did to Chika.
Apr 5, 2023 3:21 AM

Apr 2012
I understand that most of the humor came from Kaguya and Miyuki's sheer inexperience, but some scenes already frankly border on autistic ignorance about social relations. Kaguya not realizing that a French kiss is too intimate or Miyuki thinking that a French kiss can be random and mean nothing?
Apr 5, 2023 3:22 AM

Apr 2012
curvedtree said:
Thehaterofmal said:

I'm curious to know
The objective of the story was having the other confess first, right? They are dating now, hence they already fulfilled the main objective of the story. So it stops being about a battle of wits, and turns in to another generic rom-com.
Particularly I have two things worth saying, Hayasaka gets a good arc, however Fujiwara's character is crushed. I was a huge Fujiwara fan, I was so hyped for the development she would get, it annoyed me what Akasaka did to Chika.
I do not quite agree about generic rom-com, as it has become more like a "secret relationship". But I agree that Aka had disappointingly few ideas for a plot outside of a battle of wits. 
Apr 5, 2023 4:09 AM

Sep 2016
How does this show keep delivering like this? I thought last season was peak, but now I may need to reconsider.
It's honestly crazy how this show manages to be both the best romance and the best comedy at the same time, and have so many great characters as well.
I've heard people say that the series has peaked at this point (and I see some comments about it above), but I'm honestly just happy we get more to watch in the future! ♥
Apr 5, 2023 5:07 AM

Dec 2010
This was terrible. I wish they had ended it at Ultra Romantic. Hopefully they won't try to continue the story even further, what with the manga getting worse and worse as it progresses.
Apr 5, 2023 6:45 AM

Nov 2021
That is absolute peak. I did not expect to like it that much but episodes 3 and 4 are the best development in romance anime I've seen. 
Apr 5, 2023 8:39 AM

Aug 2008
RobertBobert said:
curvedtree said:
I do not quite agree about generic rom-com, as it has become more like a "secret relationship". But I agree that Aka had disappointingly few ideas for a plot outside of a battle of wits. 

It's more he just gave up writing in general after awhile. Uninspired subplots, pointless additional characters, inconclusive endings, canned plots entirely (heck in regards to this movie there's never an our persona's part 2), terrible finale. The works. 

The 2nd half is just plain bad and it doesn't have anything to do with genre being a rom-com or what not. It's literally only junk food for people who like the characters enough to see them get into whatever. I'm sure you've heard me complain enough about it though, but it still bugs me how much this series wasted it's own potential despite a strong start. 

BTW does this movie still have Kaguya just randomly have an epiphany out of nowhere where she's somehow realized that she figured out after the cultural festival that she realized she somehow had a big problem with Miyuki not showing her everything. Because that part in the manga basically ruined the entire arc for me. 
Apr 5, 2023 8:57 AM

Apr 2012
hyperknees91 said:
RobertBobert said:

It's more he just gave up writing in general after awhile. Uninspired subplots, pointless additional characters, inconclusive endings, canned plots entirely (heck in regards to this movie there's never an our persona's part 2), terrible finale. The works. 

The 2nd half is just plain bad and it doesn't have anything to do with genre being a rom-com or what not. It's literally only junk food for people who like the characters enough to see them get into whatever. I'm sure you've heard me complain enough about it though, but it still bugs me how much this series wasted it's own potential despite a strong start. 

BTW does this movie still have Kaguya just randomly have an epiphany out of nowhere where she's somehow realized that she figured out after the cultural festival that she realized she somehow had a big problem with Miyuki not showing her everything. Because that part in the manga basically ruined the entire arc for me. 
I liked the movie, but my main complaint is that at some point the characters' quirks got a little too forced. Ai was originally a straight man who suffered because of Kaguya's stupidity, but she eventually turned into a weirdoo. Miyuki has degraded from just an inexperienced person to an autistic person who makes drama out of a fairly simple situation. Kaguya realizes that Miyuki loves her but gets drama for the sake of drama. It still works like a great romantic comedy for me, but at this level I already feel like the plot is starting to fizzle out.
Apr 5, 2023 9:20 AM

Aug 2008
RobertBobert said:
hyperknees91 said:

I liked the movie, but my main complaint is that at some point the characters' quirks got a little too forced. Ai was originally a straight man who suffered because of Kaguya's stupidity, but she eventually turned into a weirdoo. Miyuki has degraded from just an inexperienced person to an autistic person who makes drama out of a fairly simple situation. Kaguya realizes that Miyuki loves her but gets drama for the sake of drama. It still works like a great romantic comedy for me, but at this level I already feel like the plot is starting to fizzle out.

Agreed. I've never resonated with the people who somehow saw this was even close to the peak of the series and in general, yes it was the beginning of its downward spiral.

Funny enough prior on MAL Kaguya manga had something like a 9.0+ rating after the cultural festival, but as soon as the ice arc hit, the score plummeted to where it is right now (granted its still very high and of course a score is just a score no reason to make a big deal out of it). I do remember its where many a fan clocked out of the series however. I had some faith the author would deliver again, but that moment never really came unfortunately.  
Apr 5, 2023 9:24 AM

Apr 2012
hyperknees91 said:
RobertBobert said:

Agreed. I've never resonated with the people who somehow saw this was even close to the peak of the series and in general, yes it was the beginning of its downward spiral.

Funny enough prior on MAL Kaguya manga had something like a 9.0+ rating after the cultural festival, but as soon as the ice arc hit, the score plummeted to where it is right now (granted its still very high and of course a score is just a score no reason to make a big deal out of it). I do remember its where many a fan clocked out of the series however. I had some faith the author would deliver again, but that moment never really came unfortunately.  
That is why many romantic works end at the "they became a couple" stage. Because if your goal is not to fluff about a cute romantic life like in some SoL or a work about an unusual pairing, then it just drastically reduces the intrigue and forces you to artificially develop the story.
Apr 5, 2023 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
RobertBobert said:
hyperknees91 said:

That is why many romantic works end at the "they became a couple" stage. Because if your goal is not to fluff about a cute romantic life like in some SoL or a work about an unusual pairing, then it just drastically reduces the intrigue and forces you to artificially develop the story.

Funny enough that's verbatim exactly what the author said (I can link you to the interview but it wasn't ever translated)...making it clear he was just going to end it here but just dragged it out due to it being popular. Oh wells. 
Apr 5, 2023 9:39 AM

Apr 2012
hyperknees91 said:
RobertBobert said:

Funny enough that's verbatim exactly what the author said (I can link you to the interview but it wasn't ever translated)...making it clear he was just going to end it here but just dragged it out due to it being popular. Oh wells. 
Are you talking about that interview where he joked that the continuation of the manga after the "objective ending" is a parody of the infinity of rom-coms?
Apr 5, 2023 9:42 AM

Aug 2008
RobertBobert said:
Are you talking about that interview where he joked that the continuation of the manga after the "objective ending" is a parody of the infinity of rom-coms?

Nah it's the interview where someone asked him when he was planning to end the series and his comment on it shocked the guy (as it was supposed to be much earlier). The guy wanted him to continue the series as long as possible and Aka told him the reason was because of what we already discussed. 
Apr 5, 2023 9:46 AM

Apr 2012
hyperknees91 said:
RobertBobert said:

Nah it's the interview where someone asked him when he was planning to end the series and his comment on it shocked the guy (as it was supposed to be much earlier). The guy wanted him to continue the series as long as possible and Aka told him the reason was because of what we already discussed. 
And do you think that many good manga start to sag after the intended ending, because the authors are forced to continue the story because of the hype and sales?
Apr 5, 2023 10:10 AM

Aug 2008
And said:
RobertBobert

I think that entirely depends if the author "at the very least" gets a break to plan out the story for a bit rather than just being suddenly sprung with the idea they have to continue. There's a reason we make rough drafts in the first place. Also completely depends on how inspired the author is (In Aka's case, he couldn't have been more uninspired if he tried with the second half, literally it's as derivative as it gets). 

But otherwise for the most part, I would say from a narrative quality standpoint, it's pretty much always going to go down in quality. But like said, it's junkfood and people don't care. Hence why they kept making Simpsons/Dragonball blah blah. 
Apr 5, 2023 5:59 PM

Aug 2008
Will admit that as much as I liked the movie didn't enjoy as much as the previous season, after all it felt like a backslide after the emotional finale that was S3.  Comedy felt subdued as well so just wasn't as powerful.  Will still get a 8/10 from me, good but not great.

Especially as I wanted some Ishigami love but I guess that will be in S4. 
Apr 6, 2023 2:25 AM
Oct 2017
Wow, this arc was really something, I disliked Ice Kaguya a whole lot but the movie made some good points about showing who we really are instead of just idealized versions of ourselves.

It felt really surreal for them to finally directly talk about how they love each other, after so much denial and antics, it feels so unreal we reached this point, if anything it was a bit anticlimactic for them to be able to articulate their feelings considering I felt they were as emotional as me, I felt they would be nonverbal in person and maybe communicate symbolically like they did in the rest of the anime, but without a malign intent and trying to show their love instead, maybe mention their situation through text and I have to admit that now they don't use symbols or gestures and behaviours to show their love, some of the magic is lost, they are more like a normal couple. It feels so weird to see them being so assertive with their words after all the shenanigans they made us go through all these years.

But still, that is just how I would do things, because I am a machine of anxiety, and these two did what they did for pride rather than depression or pure nervousness, there is a point that despite the similarities you have to admit these characters are different people from you and they do things differently, so despite I don't feel as identified as I did with them before, it felt cathartic to be able to communicate in more direct means, Iam still waiting for some things to happen and why I'm waiting for a season 4 for me to get complete closure.

-For them to announce their relationship to the world and school
-See their relationship now that they are official
-Chika's reaction
-The whole deal about Shirogane going to America
-Ishigami getting his girl

This anime is great, and I know it will finish in a great note.
HazamelisApr 6, 2023 2:34 AM
Apr 6, 2023 4:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice way to wrap things for Kaguya and Shirogane, the conclusion is not my favorite part since it obviously only focus on the romantic side with a little comedy left but mainly was needed to finish the 1st couple route, and it made it worth it for all of what we could see regarding their battle of wits moments and how they slowly fell in love together, I'll always remember S1 and S3 for that (S2 was different I would say but it doesn't matter)
Apr 6, 2023 5:30 AM
Jan 2022
Ima wait to binge it
Apr 6, 2023 9:09 AM
Mar 2022
THIS FUCKING THING IS A MASTERPIECE WOW.
Apr 7, 2023 3:26 PM

Feb 2014
Summary of the movie:

Apr 8, 2023 10:10 AM
May 2022
Annoying shit. It was interesting show. Mix of detective, comedy and romance, but this movie is just pile of shit. Kaguya feels like a total bitch and scum here. If someone told me she is just gonna use Shirogane and dump him i would believe it. So if you liked tthis show you can just ignore this movie. It's just a trash.
Apr 9, 2023 8:46 PM
Mar 2022
best best best i love kaguya sama i wish it never ended i want to cry
Apr 10, 2023 7:13 AM
Mar 2021
Actually one of the best pieces of media I have ever witnessed.
Apr 11, 2023 6:01 AM

May 2015
Shirgoanes Father is always 10/10
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 12, 2023 5:49 AM
May 2020
Is this just me or in this episode where Ino & Yuu fighting scene until Tsubame inviting Yuu there's a dangdut Sunda music playing in the background?•_•
Apr 12, 2023 12:06 PM
Jan 2023
kys........kys.... kys?!
Apr 12, 2023 4:01 PM

Aug 2020
Wow! Fantastic, glorious, heartwarming. No words can truly describe how I feel after having finished the movie right now. I couldn't believe that this movie could hold up with season 3 that already is an amazing masterpiece. Hands down to the creator of Kaguya-sama. This is easily one of the most beatiful pieces of art in the anime and manga world. 
Apr 13, 2023 3:29 AM
Nov 2022
too bad it skipped the part where Ishigami and Miko were at the party.
Apr 13, 2023 4:22 PM
Dec 2021
IT WAS A MASTERPIECE
Apr 14, 2023 12:55 PM

Jan 2021
Didn't llike much the concept of them hiding their "true self", but other than that it was great

soft, funny and heartwarming
Apr 15, 2023 11:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice film, although to me was most shocking the ended of the last season!!!

The personalities changes of Kaguya were the most interesting, although the point was when both loses masks!!!

Good present to close, a kiss for the eternity!!! kekeke

7/10
Apr 15, 2023 12:23 PM
Jan 2021
wonderful movie with funny, sad and lovely scenes.

loved to see everyone again together celebrating Christmas and I loved to see the different personalities of Kaguya.

9/10 overall loved it!
Apr 16, 2023 12:21 AM
May 2021
This is a work of art, I started watching anime thanks to this anime and the truth is that I loved it so much I can only say that it is a masterpiece and the best romantic comedy anime I have ever seen in my life. end
Apr 16, 2023 3:59 PM
Apr 2020
A-1 studios have blessed us with one of the best, most faithful and creative anime adaptations of all time, and this movie is no exception, in fact, it's exceptionally great even with their already high standards
the directing is amazing as ever, super creative, adds such a unique flair to the anime, and it fit each scene perfectly
this part of the manga is the goat arc of the romcom genre, and it's an absolute masterclass when adapted to anime as well
the music is perfect (love the new op and ed), the voice acting is *beoynd perfect,* seriously one of the big reasons why the show works so well is cuz of how amazing the vas are
the drama is even more intense and emotional in the anime, and the comedy is even more fuckin hilarious lmao
this is the part that fully fleshes out the main characters of the story and pretty much *completes* the character arcs of kaguya and shirogane, especially kaguya, she is explored here to the fullest and all that complexity of her char writing is what makes her one of my all time favs
this is made *even better* with aoi koga's amazing voice acting
my only complaint/flaw with the adaptation would be that they basically skip over/rush the ishigami plotline lol
but tbh, personally it doesn't bother me that much because the main focus of this arc is with kaguya and shirogane, and that is given the utmost care with this adaptation; I really couldn't have asked for more
this was just an absolute treat for a fan of the series, the culmination of everything the series has built up to, and I do think it is the perfect conclusion
10/10, I genuinely think they did a more than amazing job with this adaptation and somehow improved upon perfection,
I really loved every second of it
ddchApr 16, 2023 4:02 PM
Apr 17, 2023 7:20 AM
Jul 2022
Greatest romance anime of all time
Apr 17, 2023 8:01 AM
Mar 2012
Honestly, could somebody please let me know a romance anime that achieves this level of development and excitement?
A japanese creation that doesn't finish with just a lame hands holding (if even)? A KISS!? TWO KISSES!! And that before any declaration? Where are we? What's going on? Is this anime? Hello?

Can somebody wake me up? Why aren't mangakas just capable of creating something basic like this? Is everybody just in a complot doing lame stuff for us to just climax once every 20 years?
Please, help.

(I can't imagine further development after this, like I guessed and confirmed reading here, it goes downwards from now on... I just hope Akasaka is clever and figures out a way to give the ultimate blow to this series. Otherwise, see you again around 2043.)
Apr 18, 2023 8:46 AM

Dec 2022
Spanish

Ok...Este arco es de hecho el arco que más odié mientras leía el manga de kaguya-sama sin embargo eso no quiere decir que la película sea mala, todo lo contrario, la adaptación a anime ma parese imprecionantemente buena.
Aunque no le tenga mucho aprecio a este arco, sigue siendo el fin de una era para la historia de Kaguya-sama ya que de ahora en adelante, los protagonistas no estaran en una guerra sin fin para ver quien se confieza primero, sino que disfrutarán de su vida amorosa.
Muy buena adaptacion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English Translation

Ok... This arc is actually the arc that I hated the most while reading the kaguya-sama manga, however, that doesn't mean that the movie is bad, quite the opposite, the anime adaptation seems impressively good.
Although I don't have much appreciation for this arc, it is still the end of an era for Kaguya-sama's story since from now on, the protagonists will no longer be in an endless war to see who confesses first, but will enjoy of their love life.
Very good adaptation.

(Sorry for my bad english. I'm using google translate since ''All posts in the main forum must be in English.'')

Apr 19, 2023 7:15 PM

Jul 2016
All very sweet and funny but what the hell happened for Ishigami to end up in Tsubame's room?! I need answers now.

Also Kashiwagi is 100% gonna get pregnant before turning 18. "How to ruin your young life" speedrun, let's goooo

Overall, it was a pretty nice movie and a very interesting arc as well. Really enjoyed the characterization for both Kaguya and Miyuki and the comedy did a very solid job at making some of the most dramatic moments more... digestible. Because God knows it was a pain to see Kaguya getting mad at Miyuki for not getting her mixed signals. Poor fella trying to decipher female thinking for one hour and a half.

8,5/10 -> 9/10
Apr 21, 2023 8:19 PM

Mar 2018
Kaguya sama is at its best when comedy and mind games are the focus of the story. The movie was good except for the romance aspect of it.

I dislike the whole idea of multiple persona taking control over Kaguya. I find it difficult to suspend my disbelief over the fact that Ice Kaguya and Bakaguya are the same person. I also greatly dislike the inner monologue when ice kaguya was with shirogane at the hospital(?). Far too explicit "development" for me. Show don't tell. Same with Shirogane's part.

S3 was perfect for the romance but Hayasaka had to ruin it, filling kaguya's mind about kisses and stuff instead of just being happy for her. I found the subsequent transition into bakaguya and then to ice kaguya pretty unconvincing as well. At least they had a normal date I guess, but that should've been the logical next step post S3 instead of all this ice kaguya drama. Take a page from Kashiwagi, she and her partner are winning without this drama bs.

The comedy moments were great as always, just wished there was more of that and less of the melodramatic and convoluted romance.
Apr 22, 2023 10:30 PM
Jan 2021
good. very good. very very good.
Apr 23, 2023 2:38 PM
Dec 2021
simp simp simp simp simp simp simp
Apr 23, 2023 3:11 PM

Oct 2018
Hyasaka is being such a jealous jackass when she finds out Kaguya kissed him so intimately, it's hilarious watching her in a tailspin because she can't believe Kaguya is being so bold with Shrogane.
Apr 25, 2023 11:31 AM
Aug 2022
Just Fantastic.
Subarashiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Really loved how Kaguya's insecurities are so greatly fleshed out.
And, I definitely want to know, what happened between Ishigami and Tsubame-senpai,
It looked like she was trying to confirm her feelings for him by letting him do whatever he wants.
But, we all know about our boy that he would never do that in spite of the moment.
And, man,
That kiss was so sweet.
Apr 25, 2023 2:03 PM
May 2021
This is Embarasing
Apr 25, 2023 2:10 PM
Nov 2021
good anime all sesons are
gooddly

Apr 25, 2023 8:04 PM

Apr 2019
That was a very good adapation of the "Ice Kguya" arc. My only complaint would be that they skipped Shirogane mentioning how his mom only took Kei and not him when she left. Would've made the scene feel a little more emotional but I can digest it lol.

Visuals for the OP were insane as per usual and I loved all the references that were in it. 

Now we just have to wait for the next season to see how Ishigami and Miko's christmas party went; whenever that may be
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» To the manga readers..

Zayed_Iftekher - Jun 4

11 by Hacker075 »»
Yesterday, 9:45 AM

» Miyuki is the best romcom mc imo. What do you think?

Meitaneti_Habib - May 30

40 by ToG25thBaam »»
Jun 4, 12:29 AM

» A little disappointed

official_brown - Oct 17, 2023

33 by Nanami0007 »»
May 22, 5:49 AM

» The episodes should get a seperate entry

Aryan-0_0 - Mar 31, 2023

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 11:51 PM

» So is there gonna be any new season after this

Rnonsenseguy - Apr 2, 2023

19 by Zynnnsss »»
Apr 17, 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.