New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 19, 2021 12:03 PM

Sep 2020
isn't the best but it's very good, tells you someone who don't watch isekais

Be gentle w me if u get angry for my answers

Oct 19, 2021 1:28 PM

Jan 2014
@animeforlife808 Mushoku is a great anime, but it pales in comparison to the GOAT Re:Zero

Mushoku definitely has better production quality and world building, but Re Zero has the better characters and writing by a long shot
Oct 19, 2021 1:34 PM
Jan 2021
The best.

I watched overlord, re zero, konosuba ... Read the source materials (novels) of some of them too (of which some are still not finished). I had a blast with them all, but nothing comes close to how enjoyable MT was for me ... The anime is still airing though, the story still unfolding, but I am giving this verdict based on the series as a whole.
Oct 19, 2021 1:36 PM

Aug 2020
I started Mushoku yesterday and saw everything released in anime so far, its a cool anime, not gonna lie, but that thing with the MC and every single girl he sees is so fucking tiring, OMFG this 40 years old MF is thirsty AF. Despite that and some coincidences that happen within the anime for the sake of the plot, i'm having some fun with it.

Oh, and RE:Zero is the best ISEKAI ever.

Oct 19, 2021 3:12 PM

Apr 2020
Isekai wa smartphone to tomo ni, and the best anime ever too

Oct 19, 2021 3:52 PM

Oct 2020
Mushoku Tensei is one of the best isekai's forsure, but not the best
Oct 19, 2021 4:32 PM
Dec 2019
For those who say Sheild Hero or ReZero is better I disagree with them

In my opinion Sheild Hero revenge plot was interesting in the beginning but lost its impact mid way it’s good in its own way but I feel that Mushoku is a better isekai (on of the best but not the best )
But ReZero is a better anime but a good isekai , the fantasy/isekai theme in ReZero it’s the weakest link in the chain , you can take the fantasy element and it’ll feel the same

For summary:
Mushoku is the best in the world setting and adventure
ReZero has The best Psyclogical elements
Sheild hero has a good game elements
Slime adventure/slice of life fantasy with the monster perspective
Overlord monster perspective with strategic elements

All of this is just my opinion and I don’t think that your opinion is wrong and mine is right .
Sorry for my bad English.
Oct 19, 2021 8:04 PM
Dec 2018
I am unsure about comparing Re:Zero and Mushoku Tensei, as they cater to different tastes.

If memory serves, the main character of Re:Zero doesn't really travel outside of one geographical location until much later in the story.

Mushoku Tensei has the character traveling right after turning point 1, and that aspect is appealing to many isekai fans.

The traveling aspect is a great worldbuilding feature, and I find it really enjoyable. For me, I prefer if there is a lot of traveling taking place in an Isekai series. Some people may find the stationary aspect of Re:Zero more appealing, but to each of their own.

I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Oct 19, 2021 8:09 PM
Sep 2021
IceCongelado said:
I started Mushoku yesterday and saw everything released in anime so far, its a cool anime, not gonna lie, but that thing with the MC and every single girl he sees is so fucking tiring, OMFG this 40 years old MF is thirsty AF. Despite that and some coincidences that happen within the anime for the sake of the plot, i'm having some fun with it.

Oh, and RE:Zero is the best ISEKAI ever.
re zero is definitely good , and i agree that the MC is not as good as the ones in other isekai
Oct 19, 2021 8:12 PM
Sep 2021
Conceptualhero said:
I am unsure about comparing Re:Zero and Mushoku Tensei, as they cater to different tastes.

If memory serves, the main character of Re:Zero doesn't really travel outside of one geographical location until much later in the story.

Mushoku Tensei has the character traveling right after turning point 1, and that aspect is appealing to many isekai fans.

The traveling aspect is a great worldbuilding feature, and I find it really enjoyable. For me, I prefer if there is a lot of traveling taking place in an Isekai series. Some people may find the stationary aspect of Re:Zero more appealing, but to each of their own.

well , some do prefer dub , I used to watch dub all the time until one of my friend said that u cant be a proper weeb without sub . Well now I agree with him , I cant stand dub . Yeh re zero had some flaws , but was pretty good
Oct 19, 2021 11:08 PM

Feb 2021
One of the best this year if we consider anime this year, rezero, tensura or maybe villainess Katarina is the best along with MT, but I enjoy MT more and I love the character growth and some of the drama that not just involve around romance but family and friend in this series.
Oct 20, 2021 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
No. It is far from being even good. Ima soko ni Iru Boku is the best isekai
Oct 20, 2021 12:57 AM

Feb 2021
Rising of the Shield hero is the best isekai anime
Oct 20, 2021 1:55 AM

Mar 2021
Conceptualhero said:

Later in Re:zero the cast will travel alot the author took inspiration from Mushoku Tensei about this and make it his own unique plot as of now I still think Mushoku is better but when Re:zero reach to tower arc...that's when shit is about to hit the fan. It's shame that MT had end early compare to Re:Zero just in the mid plot so there still lot's of room for worldbuilding
Oct 20, 2021 1:27 PM

Jul 2019
tanaymithari21 said:
infiniteA32s said:
Re:Zero and Rising of the shield hero will always be the best isekai anime
this series is known as father or isakai anime becouse it was the first sereies as LN to bring isakai trops and untill then there were no isaka anime like these nor LN And manga it made the isaka genera famous and anime like SAO took advantage so all the points like truck kun , neet , op character ,power system, etc which are found in other anime are taken from this anime this series created rules for isakai anime

Literally what? You do realize that stuff like SAO was written before Musoku Tensei. In fact, SAO is like 10 years older than Mushoku Tensei. Stuff like Overlord and Re:Zero is also older than Mushoku Tensei. Shield Hero was first published pretty much the same time as Mushoku Tensei (iirc even slightly before MT). This thing that Mushoku Tensei is "the father of isekai" is only something that hardcore fans of the novel started with and for some reason it has caught on despite there being no actual real basis for this except some author (I think it was Re:Zero's author) saying they were inspired by MT. But note that they didn't say to what extent they were inspired and this was after they had been publishing their story for a while. So it didn't even shape the core of the story.

Pretty much none of the top isekais were "fathered" by MT which is pretty clear considering most of them released before MT even existed.

Note: As for the "hit by vehicle and transported to another world" was done before Mushoku Tensei too. For instance in Knight's & Magic.
AvicebronsOct 20, 2021 1:32 PM
Subarashii
Oct 20, 2021 2:22 PM

Apr 2013
No way it is.
Bookworm, Youjo senki, 12 kingdoms, ima soko ni iru boku are way, way superior. And many more are superior even if not as much as these 4.
Oct 22, 2021 6:34 PM
Oct 2021
Ayush_ARJ said:
arshiapolygons2 said:

you are missing the point of the show if you see that as a problem.

you are suppose to hate the mc for groping eris and shit like that. that's the whole point.

but a character being a bad person does not equal being a bad character.

if he wasn't fucked up in a few ways and was already a perfect human, it would be a completely different show. the point is that we have to see him slowly get better, if he wasn't some what rotten from the start, it would no longer be a redemption story.

also i don't see rape in fiction as a problem. just like i don't see killing in fiction as problem. i get it, to some people it's too wrong, or disturbing. but just remember that it's the same with things like gore. some people can't take gore, so is it wrong to use it?

no, fiction is fiction, and not everything is for everyone. i can see how it can lose some of it fans because of that, but that's not a problem unless you look at it from a marketing stand point.

in a fictional story, as long as something is not negatively affecting the plot i don't see it as a problem.

Well i Think i Didn't like Rudy maybe because i am far Ahead of Anime. Reading LN i mean.

I don't hate him because he has got rotten start i completely understand that

but there are other things like Paul u know you cannot defend for his action

Marketing 😆😂 that u are 100% correct

I don't what "Negatively affecting the plot mean"

but i my personal opinion RAPE shouldn't be used in fiction also it kinda hurts😭

The only Best Character Through MT is Only Slyphie

Don't worry on the future there will be more respectable person rather than Rudi in this series

Even I agree Rudi is trash and not best character in here
Oct 22, 2021 6:39 PM
May 2021
Yohanlie23 said:
Ayush_ARJ said:

Well i Think i Didn't like Rudy maybe because i am far Ahead of Anime. Reading LN i mean.

I don't hate him because he has got rotten start i completely understand that

but there are other things like Paul u know you cannot defend for his action

Marketing 😆😂 that u are 100% correct

I don't what "Negatively affecting the plot mean"

but i my personal opinion RAPE shouldn't be used in fiction also it kinda hurts😭

The only Best Character Through MT is Only Slyphie

Don't worry on the future there will be more respectable person rather than Rudi in this series

Even I agree Rudi is trash and not best character in here

Hope so , Well Slyphie deserved better

Lets see in the future
Oct 22, 2021 6:42 PM
Oct 2021
Ayush_ARJ said:
Chota_Itachi said:
MTs vibe is unique , it's really really good but the only thing i don't like is Rudes... Mf is worst mc (character wise)

Agree if he has a Descent Personality then it can be the one of the best but He isn't

For the one who read ln until the end
Rudi Will have great personality at the end
At first we will angry because his silly action, like a trash

But at the end phase of the story
He will be famous, and dependable person
Taking care of all his family (very protective)
Like a god father of mafia (well, he is truly become like a one)

Still humble even when he have power to destroy a country (he will have a lot mercenary)

Faithfully to his friend

Helping a lot of people without asking them to pay back

And a lot

But

This will happened on final phase

He will more grown up after get married and have a kids (the story will continue even until he have children)
Oct 22, 2021 9:41 PM

Mar 2020
DamonElix said:
Kitsune_089 said:

sao is the epitemy of shitty tropes what the fuck are you smoking bro share some i want to be as high as you lmao, asuna is like the most 5/10 character ever, she is the baseline of average??????

Well your taste is the epitome of trash you have given ReZero a 10 so yeah lol. I feel sorry for you.
lul this orphan kiddo hated so much and called Re:Zero is garbage and Subaru is cringe worst main character while praised trash power fantasy Mushoku Pedophile has have a one of the disgusting trash main character of all time. LUL what a genius orphan handicapped kiddo.
Oct 23, 2021 10:16 PM
Oct 2021
Resolution1337 said:
DamonElix said:

Well your taste is the epitome of trash you have given ReZero a 10 so yeah lol. I feel sorry for you.
lul this orphan kiddo hated so much and called Re:Zero is garbage and Subaru is cringe worst main character while praised trash power fantasy Mushoku Pedophile has have a one of the disgusting trash main character of all time. LUL what a genius orphan handicapped kiddo.

Hey I have idea
Why not we calling both of series is trash equally?
Oct 23, 2021 10:23 PM
Jul 2021
nope not the best, there is many more.
Oct 26, 2021 11:50 AM
Oct 2021
Had you asked me before last winter, I would have answered Re:Zero. Now for me its MT. First, I hate overpowered MC's. It's so boring so most isekai I don't even watch. Re:zero had a superficially flawed MC which I liked and the mysteries around return by death and time travel or loops and who is Satella all interested me. However, I had problems in reading the web novels because the plotting was so dialogue-heavy and seemed like the author hadn't polished the work. When it comes to the anime, I think it is obvious that Re:Zero second season had a steep drop-off in animation quality. This really made it feel less immersive. I like flawed characters but it didn't seem to me that Subaru's flaws were all that fleshed out or relatable to an older audience. I noticed immediately that MT had a much more flawed MC, which I love because it provides room for growth, and the character was fleshed out. As to world building, MT is better. It feels like a Tolkein novel. Return to death in Re:Zero had this problem of repeating set pieces over and over again. At first, it didn't bother me but it does not feel as immersive as MT. Don't get me wrong. I still like Re:Zero but I just like MT better. Shield hero is a joke with a 2-dimensional character. I watched for a while and dropped it. Ascendance of a Bookworm was promising but the mc was boring. I will take all the pedo stuff if I get good characterization, which is so rare in anime.
Feb 15, 2022 10:32 AM

Oct 2008
Re: Zero is better, so maybe 2nd best isekai I guess.
Feb 15, 2022 11:22 AM

May 2021
A lot of "best isekai" threads have been created since MT released. I wonder why.

Anyways, MT could have been the second-best isekai but it is really brought down by its characters. Its a redemption story but without redemption. Excellent animation and world-building tho.

I would recommend reading its LN since the characters are much better there.

Therefore, if we're talking about the best isekai ANIME, for now, its Re: Zero, especially in terms of writing.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2021

292 by AF_vegeta »»
Jun 7, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

469 by ItzAvi »»
Jun 5, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 31, 2021

400 by Rikoyu »»
May 30, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

471 by marta_valse »»
May 27, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

416 by marta_valse »»
May 27, 3:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.